Switch To... while calling COM Server

Hi, everybody

I'm calling some third party COM Server function from my MFC
application.  This functions brings up some third party dialog.
During this dialog display after 5-6 seconds the dialog "Switch To...
The action cannot be completed....Server is busy.." appears.  After I
close this third party dialog, I have to click "Switch To..." and the
rest is fine.
Is it possible to figure which other processes are trying to reach
this COM Server?
How to avoid the appearance of this "Switch To..." dialog?

Thank you,

Alex

0
alsim123 (85)
7/30/2007 3:32:50 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

see
How to prevent the OLE Server Busy dialog box from appearing during a
lengthy COM operation
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/248019

--
Sheng Jiang
Microsoft MVP in VC++
"Alex" <alsim123@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, everybody
>
> I'm calling some third party COM Server function from my MFC
> application.  This functions brings up some third party dialog.
> During this dialog display after 5-6 seconds the dialog "Switch To...
> The action cannot be completed....Server is busy.." appears.  After I
> close this third party dialog, I have to click "Switch To..." and the
> rest is fine.
> Is it possible to figure which other processes are trying to reach
> this COM Server?
> How to avoid the appearance of this "Switch To..." dialog?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Alex

0
sheng_jiang (305)
7/30/2007 6:24:43 PM
On Jul 30, 2:24 pm, "Sheng Jiang[MVP]"
<sheng_ji...@hotmail.com.discuss> wrote:
> see
> How to prevent the OLE Server Busy dialog box from appearing during a
> lengthy COM operationhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/248019
>
> --
> Sheng Jiang
> Microsoft MVP in VC++"Alex" <alsim...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi, everybody
>
> > I'm calling some third party COM Server function from my MFC
> > application.  This functions brings up some third party dialog.
> > During this dialog display after 5-6 seconds the dialog "Switch To...
> > The action cannot be completed....Server is busy.." appears.  After I
> > close this third party dialog, I have to click "Switch To..." and the
> > rest is fine.
> > Is it possible to figure which other processes are trying to reach
> > this COM Server?
> > How to avoid the appearance of this "Switch To..." dialog?
>
> > Thank you,
>
> > Alex- Hide quoted text -

Thank you Sheng Jiang very much
it was so easy... and not painful though I would like to mention that
on some reason

AfxOleGetMessageFilter()->EnableBusyDialog(FALSE); - didn't work,

the Busy... dialog still was appearing

But
AfxOleGetMessageFilter()->SetMessagePendingDelay(nDelayTime);
dit it.

Thanks, again

Alex

0
alsim123 (85)

Can DPM be configured to log events to a remote syslog server?
I see that I can use Microsoft's MOM to publish alerts, but is there a way to send them to a syslog server? Thanks, Phillip Datagram's SyslogAgent can be used to forward Windows system events to a Syslog server. And it's free. http://syslogserver.com/syslogagent.html Daniel "Phillip Wendell" wrote: > I see that I can use Microsoft's MOM to publish alerts, but is there a > way to send them to a syslog server? Thanks, > > Phillip > . > Looks like a good solution. Thanks... ...

Invalid Procedure Call or Arguments
Hi, I got this error ("Invalid Procedure Call or Arguments") when run this code: 'Delete drawing files Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set fld = fs.GetFolder(pubWorkingDir & "Drawings\") Set rsc = dbs.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM tblDrawings WHERE ID=" & tempItemID, dbOpenDynaset) rsc.MoveFirst Do While Not rsc.EOF If Dir(pubWorkingDir & "Drawings\" & rsc!DrawingFile) <> "" Then fld.Files(pubWorkingDir & "Drawings\" & rsc! DrawingFile).Delete True ...

Im desperate to fix my fragmented memor...will advanced server save me with the 3 gb switch?
Im desperate to fix my fragmented memory, will advanced server save me with the 3 gb switch? The Situation: -Server=Windows 2000 Server sp4. -2.5 gb of RAM -Exchange=Enterprise Ed with all service packs and hotfixes. -Group Shield virus scanning Every month I recieve eventid 9582's errors, and then 12800 mail processing errors. THIS IS FREAKING KILLING ME AT WORK. Here is what I have tried. -Regedit ajustment to the heep. -ADSI ajustment to the IS (which oddly removes the errors from the event log, however MOM still detects low virtual memory errors). -sp3 (which claims to have fixed ...

Remote Server Question
Right customer wants to acces his win2k8 server remotely. IT is using a generic printer from the server. At the office the printer is on a network. Terminal Services are being used to access the server remotely. What needs to be done to get said printer working? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee UK Time for a Common Sense change vote Liberal Democrat / Alliance Whether "at the o...

Calling sysdm.cpl from MFC....
Hello once again, Today I am here asking if anyone has ever called SYSDM.cpl from an MFC program. I have written my application to invoke sysdm.cpl from a button inside the About Dialog box. To be honest, I was being lazy and rather than define a bunch of system related fields for a "systems Information" type of display, I thought I could simply pop open the system dialog box. This all works fine one time. When I click the button subsequent times, nothing appears to happen. The click is processed, and the call is executed, but that is all I have seen. Here is the code fragmen...

Exchange 2003 server is a domain controller
Exchange 2003 on Win 2k Ent, 2 other DCs running Win 2003, single domain. The previous admin here made the exchange box a domain contoller. It's having some DNS problems looking for an old DC that doesn't exist anymore, log in issues etc. I'd like for it not to be a DC at all. The problem is that when I demote it from being a DC, no mail flows at all and OWC connections quit. Can someone explain to me why mail stops and what needs to happen for me to fix this? This is my last Win 2k box and I'm leary of trying to upgrade it in it's current condition. On Thu, 8 F...

SBS 2003 Server Reinstall/Move
I have a client who has an SBS2003 server that (1) has an inappropriate server name (EAT-ME) and is (2) running out of disk space. Is there a way to do a clean install of SBS and move over the user accounts and email store to the new server of a different name (SRV-SBS). I want a clean server for the client because I doubt the integrity of the server. John, You asked this question once and you have answers in that thread. Starting a new thread with the same question won't change the answer.. If the answers provided were unclear or if you want to reply to them to add c...

News Feeds with Exchange 2003 Server
Hi I have a problem that Outlook clients cannot see News Feeds in the Public Folder/Internet Newsgroups after configuring newsfeeds on the Exchange server. The outlook clients can see the folder structure within Public Folder/Internet Newsgroups but there are no posts. Also when a new post is added using Outlook, the post does not get sent to the newsgroup on the internet, it only stays on the exchange server. Currently I'm using Outlook Express to subscribe and download newsfeeds and this works ok, so not a network or firewall problem. I would like to share some newsfeeds with...

installing Windows Server SP2 onto SBS 2003 SP1
I have SBS 2003 SP1. I have been keeping up with all the windows updates for this machine and would like to update the machine to SP2. I had heard that if you try to update the SBS 2003 SP1 server to SP2, you need to unload a lot of the updates issued after the SP2 was submitted. Is this true? Hi Carl, This hasn't been my experience. And there is no SBS 2003 SP2. It's Windows 2003 SP2 installed on top of SBS 2003 SP1 (which already has Win2003 SP1 installed). Run the SBS 2003 BPA prior to the install of Win2003 SP2 to make sure you don't have an issues ...

Calling all experts: Rebuilding a 1400 line IMS.... Suggestions
I am the recipient of an IMS containing nearly 1400 Summary and Detail Tasks. The problems I have are that there looks like there is some form of corruption in the file and I after 50+% completion, I have to insert new "work" numbers. I have tried using various methods to easily remove the corruption (saving as another file and opening that new file in Project) but has been unsuccessful and breaks the schedule more. The project has already been baselined, and we are over 50% complete the project. Here in lies the main trouble. The IMS is currently resourced with ...

CHtmlView show server busy dialog
Hi all, i use ChtmlView to display html, sometimes use clicked into a hyperlink, it showed a ServerBusy dialog. How to hide that dialog? ...

SFO causes High CPU utilization on SQL server
This recently started happening, and I am not sure why. I loaded SFO on two new laptops and attempted to go offline with each. The SQL Server is also the same server running CRM 1.2. When the synch starts on the client the SQL/CRM server instantly spikes to 100% and stays that way as the SFO client never finishes the synch process. Any ideas on a setting that might need to be changed or a patch, etc? Regards, Sean have you applied the outlook sfo client performance update which is available on support.microsoft.com/downloads? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq...

MS CRM 1.2 and MS SQL SERVER REPORTING SERVICES
CAN MS CRM 1.2 CO-EXIST WITH MS SQL SERVER 2000 REPORTING SERVICES? WE CAN ONLY GET EITHER CRM OR REPORT SERVICES TO WORK NOT BOTH. THANKS. Yes, they can co-exist. Also, please DON'T SHOUT. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 16:08:02 -0700, HEC <HEC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: CAN MS CRM 1.2 CO-EXIST WITH MS SQL SERVER 2000 REPORTING SERVICES? WE CAN ONLY GET EITHER CRM OR REPORT SERVICES TO WORK NOT BOTH. THANKS. Could you please enlighten us Matt? If one has CRM 1.2 in...

Error 5 Invalid proceedyre call or arguement
Why am I getting this error for Me.ActiveControl.SelStart = InStr(Me.ActiveControl.SelStart, Me.ActiveControl.text, m_FR.FindWhat) - 1? If I replace Me.ActiveControl with the name of a textbox, it works but I am using two textboxes that I switch between depending on weather WordWrap is on or not. -- ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org "Leo" <ttdhead@gmail.com> wrote > Why am I getting this error for Me.ActiveControl.SelStart = > InStr(Me.ActiveControl.SelStart, Me.ActiveControl...

Do I need Exchange Server ?
Heres my question: I have 2 computers. We'll call them Computer A and Computer B. My Main computer is Computer A and I have a few programs installed on it that I want Computer B to run. Mainly my MS Office Outlook. I want Computer B to execute MS Outlook from my Computer A through the LAN Network. I want Computer B to send and receive emails. Then when I open the program on computer A all the emails send and received will show up on computer A. Is this possible? Heres the low down. I run Computer A to build my web site. While the wifey handles the email/customer serive and orders....

Terminal server login environment
Hi Everyone, Having problems with GP and terminal server login. When the user logins I want it to bypass the desktop and go right into GP. I have tried creating a script and it is still not working. anyone have any ideas? thanks in advance Nic I've done this once before, and I will have to find my notes on how to do it. But I do remember it involving a macro. I'll post when I find it. "Nic" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2e60a01c46b69$2744e0a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi Everyone, > > Having problems with GP and terminal...

How to set up a uato incremnt in sql server 5000 express
Hi, I'm trying to get into database programming. Cannot figure out how to do a auto int for my key value in sql server express. Ted On 19-12-2009 19:40, tedpottel wrote: > I'm trying to get into database programming. Cannot figure out how to > do a auto int for my key value in sql server express. Set IDENTITY on the field. Arne PS: This is a C# forum. "tedpottel" <tedpottel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:29a76b36-a911-425c-a46d-6f3c03ed5586@c3g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > I'm trying to get into database programming. Cannot figu...

Problems acessing server from the outside
Hello, Strange thing happens with one of my several deployments of SBS 2008. When configuring DNS the following configurations are made in all clients: DNS for jfo.pt: $TTL 86400 @ IN SOA jfo.nortenet.pt. jfo.jfo.pt. ( 2009022501 ; serial, todays date + todays serial # 28800 ; refresh, seconds 7200 ; retry, seconds 604800 ; expire, seconds 86400 ) ; minimum, seconds ; ...

Exchange server causing intermittent internet slowdown
Hi everyone, This message is for anyone out there that can help suggest how to find out whats happening. For a couple of weeks now, our internet has has been experiencing slowness through the day. When the internet is slow, when the exchange 2000 sevrer is unplugged from the network, the internet is fast once again. Also, I can disable the virtual SMTP server when the internet is slow and the internet is fast again. So far I have virus scanned with 3 different antivirus scanners on the exchange server but no virus has been found. I have visited http://www.abuse.net/relay.html to check if...

Network level and server authentication in RDC
Hello, can does the client check that it is connecting to the right server when using a Remote Desktop connection and on the other hand how does the server authenticate the client in NLA. Thank you -- aconti ------------------------------------------------------------------------ aconti's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/73272.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1288957.htm http://forums.techarena.in Hello aconti, Sorry but i can not really follow your question. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is...

IE 8 Won't open New Window or New Tabs in Server 2008 R2
The Situation: IE 8 won't open links in a new window or a new tab either through javascript or manually using the context menus. Page > New Window still works. Clicking the new tab interface button still works. A new process is opened for the new tab but it fails at 'connecting...' This is on a domain connected development workstation running Server 2008 R2 64-Bit. Accelerators turned off, ScreenFilter turned on. VB.NET 2010 Beta installed. Recent work on a project that involves the WebBrowser control. Java is 6.17. Forefront Client Security is installed. All upd...

shared NoteBook on an ISP server
Hi Can I share a noteBook so that me and another person in a remote location "different city" can work on it at the same time? if so, what is needed and how? many thx -- samjesse Hi there. this is fairly easy to do with DROPBOX. Just install the application and all your data in the designated folder will be replicated to your dropbox in the cloud. you can then have another user install the dropbox too and sync to his/her account. this way both people are using the same file and changes are automatically sync'ed. hope this helps. arturelis -...

Edge Server??
Some time ago I heard that MS was going to release a trimed down version of Exchange for SMTP gateways. Has it been released? And if not when? Thanks, Pete Pete, What are you trying to do? You do not need MS Exchange to use their SMTP server, which comes free with Windows. Pete wrote: > Some time ago I heard that MS was going to release a trimed down version of > Exchange for SMTP gateways. Has it been released? And if not when? > > > Thanks, > > Pete > > Pete wrote: > Some time ago I heard that MS was going to release a trimed down > version ...

Server 2003: folder size quotas?
hello folks I'm sorry if this is a basic question, but I can't find the answer... I'm trying to limit my user's usage of more disk space than I'm willing to give them. Specifically, I want to stop network forlder XX from beging bigger than XGBs, without imposing limits on the rest of the network disk. Is this possible? tahnsk for any help ...

Do exchange servers store routing paths?
I'm trying to figure out why an exchange server might possibly have delays between two exchange servers. No other e-mail seems to be delayed at either end, just communication between these two servers. Everyone on Server A can send and receive e-mails to eachother and external clients on a timely basis. Everyone one on Server B can send and receive e-mails to eachother and external clients on a timely basis. For some reason there is often a delay that can last 12 hours however when Server A tries to communicate with Server B. All of a sudden a bunch of e-mails between Server...