Supporting Multiple screen resolution

Hi
How i can support multiple screen resolution with MFC?
Thanks,
Ritu

0
rituc (26)
8/27/2003 7:35:32 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What does this mean? Are you asking about dual monitor support?

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"Ritu chawla" <rituc@momentum-tech.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> How i can support multiple screen resolution with MFC?
> Thanks,
> Ritu

0
ajaykalra (6842)
8/27/2003 8:30:17 AM
Hi
i am working on an application whose GUI becomes completely visible in 1024
x 800 size only. i need to give support or 800 x 600 also.
how can i do this.
rgds,
ritu
> What does this mean? Are you asking about dual monitor support?
>
> --
> Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
> ajaykalra@yahoo.com
>

> "Ritu chawla" <rituc@momentum-tech.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > How i can support multiple screen resolution with MFC?
> > Thanks,
> > Ritu

0
rituc (26)
8/27/2003 9:30:48 AM
Ritu chawla wrote:

> Hi
> i am working on an application whose GUI becomes completely visible in 1024
> x 800 size only. i need to give support or 800 x 600 also.
> how can i do this.
> rgds,
> ritu

The easy way is to design dialog templates so they fit the smallest
screen resolution you intend to support.  Ideally, they will fit even if
you select Large Fonts in control panel.  Then at higher resolutions and
the standard font Windows will adjust the dialog size.

If you don't do this then you will need code to resize all dialogs and
controls at run time, which is a lot of work.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]
0
"Scott McPhillips" <scottmcp@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Ritu chawla wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> > i am working on an application whose GUI becomes completely visible in
1024
> > x 800 size only. i need to give support or 800 x 600 also.
> > how can i do this.
> > rgds,
> > ritu
>
> The easy way is to design dialog templates so they fit the smallest
> screen resolution you intend to support.  Ideally, they will fit even if
> you select Large Fonts in control panel.  Then at higher resolutions and
> the standard font Windows will adjust the dialog size.
>
> If you don't do this then you will need code to resize all dialogs and
> controls at run time, which is a lot of work.
>
> --
> Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
rituc (26)

Vlookup on multiple sheets rev2
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A1,Sheet1!A:F,2,0)),IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A1,Sheet2!A:F, 2,0)),"not present",VLOOKUP($A1,Sheet2!A:F,2,0)),VLOOKUP($A1,Sheet1! A:F,2,0)) the avove formula return the data on sheet two but not on sheet one. if any one knows how to tweek it please help. Your formula is fine! You should check your data on Sheet 1 to make sure that it matches the type of data you're entering into A1. Try *manually* entering a value in A1, and *manually* enter the exact same data somewhere in Column A of Sheet1 and you should receive a valid return. If you're importing data, t...

Project Server 2007
We are synching our Enterprise Resource Pool with an Active Directory Group. A new AD group was created, and users moved to this new group. As a result, no one in the new group can log on because we only synch with the original AD group. My question is...can we synch our ERP with multiple AD groups? Thanks -- ITPM ITPM -- I believe that the Project Server 2007 synchronizes the Enterprise Resource Pool with only one AD group, so you need to have all of your resources in a single AD group. Beyond this, your Project Server administrator should navigate to the Active D...

Cannot change printer in Outlook 2003 (printing multiple emails)
I've recently upgraded to 2003 from 2000 and get a lot of these email payment confirmations for one of my clients. I have to save them but preferred printing 4pages in 1/duplex (front and back) to save paper b/ c they're only needed for historcial documentation. But since i've upgraded i cannot do this. I select my emails that i want to print (they are not 'open' i simply click them in the inbox) and select file print, and the printer is grayed out and i cannot change it nore will it accept the printer defaults if i go to 'start: printers and faxes' and change th...

Attachments with multiple
I am trying to attach an external document via notes. The document is a PDF file that is multiple pages. I can see all pages when I open the file in Acrobat Reader. However, when I attach the file, I can only see a single page. If I print from the attachment, it also only prints 1 page. How can I attach a document that is multiple pages and see all pages ? The OLE Container's Print operation will print the contents of the OLE container, not the contents of each document attached to the container. If you choose to display contents instead of the icon associated with each document ...

Relationships with multiple columns?
Hello, Is it possible to build a relationship that looks at more than one column for a single match? For example I have a table with staff information that has multiple logins (4) columns and another table with activity information that only has one login. I want to be able to query/report with information from both where login = login 1 or login2 or login3 or login4 but can only build a relationship that looks at one column then stops. Is there a way to make access do this? On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:17:58 -0000, Dustin R <dustin.russell@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, >Is it possible to...

Selecting multiple public folders
Hi, I'm running Exch2003 and Outlook 2003. I need to add a user to a group of public folders. In both Outlook and Exchange System manager I can only select one folder at a time. Is there any way around this problem? regards, Pete Pete Halasovski <pjh43@cam.ac.uk> wrote: > Hi, > > I'm running Exch2003 and Outlook 2003. I need to add a user to a > group of public folders. In both Outlook and Exchange System manager > I can only select one folder at a time. Is there any way around this > problem? > regards, > > Pete Set up your permissions on the...

printing multiple sheet tabs to image file
I am trying to print from a single workbook multiple Excel sheet tabs to a MS Office Document Image file. Some of the sheet tabs combine into a MDI/TIF file but others go to a separate MDI/TIF files. What governs this? How can I get all the sheet tabs to combine into a single MDI/TIF file? ...

Multiple Sessions of Outlook
Is it possible to run multiple Outlook sessions at the same time with different profiles? sid. No. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Sid" <sidboswell@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c6b901c3b9ed$98ef8e90$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to run multiple Outlook sessions at the > same time with different profiles? > > sid. ...

Money End of Support
I may be asking something that's already been asked 1000 times (apologies in advance), but I'm just not 100% clear on something re: Microsoft's decision to end their support of Money. I'm a current Money Plus customer who uses the online features for stock updates, credit card downloads, bank statement downloads, and investment downloads (no Bill Pay). Reading their FAQ page, it seems that service should continue until 1/31/2011. However, when I shutdown money, I get a message that says "online services will expire in 21 days (that's what I got today). After ...

Multiple reports with consecutive numbering
Is there a way to print out multiple reports and have consecutive numbering? I want to be able to print three or four different reports and have the pages numbered consecutively or maybe it is sequentially starting at page 1. I can get the the reports to print in order but just can't get the page numbering figured out. Thanks Mark Mark, I think you will need to use VBA to do this. The (untested!) skeleton of the idea would be like this... In a standard module, declare a global variable, maybe like this: Public StartingPageNumber As Integer On a suitable event, perhaps the ...

update vlookup formula sheet reference for multiple sheets
In Excel 2003 Starting with this formula I need to have the sheet name change to each tab available on the sheet. =VLOOKUP($A$1,'4-4 to 4-10'!$A:$P,13,FALSE) Other tab names are: 4-11 to 4-17 4-18 to 4-24 4-25 to 5-1 Looking for a more automated way to create the following other than manually change the sheet name. =VLOOKUP($A$1,'4-11 to 4-17'!$A:$P,13,FALSE) =VLOOKUP($A$1,'4-18 to 4-24!$A:$P,13,FALSE) I think I am seeing a possibility to use INDIRECT but not sure how. Or is this VBA stuff? -- SRH I'm not quite sure what you're doing, but ...

A formula to "clear to zero" multiple cells
Hello all, I have made a calculator that has many cells where number values are added. I would like to make a master RESET button that will clear all the cells that I program into the formula Thanks in advance, Doug You will have to use a macro something like this. Sub clearspecifiedcells() Range("d8,e3").ClearContents End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Douglas Strinz" <Douglas Strinz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AEEB7134-E576-4715-B2B4-D1808592C870@microsoft.com... > Hello all, &...

scatter plots with multiple series
I am trying to plot in excel a scatter plot with mulitple xy settings..All the x setting are time. I am wondering if there is a way with in excel to select the columns and then plot them accordingly Thanks -- Kat Hi, If you place your x values in the first column, each set of y values in subsequent columns. On the 2nd step of the chart wizard make sure series data is plotted in Columns. This should produce multiple series with each sharing the 1st column as its x values. Cheers Andy Kat wrote: > I am trying to plot in excel a scatter plot with mulitple xy settings..All > the ...

Summing multiple fields
I need to SUM multiple field values in a row. I know how to set it up in the Query design using a calculated field and I realize Excel does this. The reason I want to do it in Access because it seems to have more automation, whereas if I build the query, I can run it for the result, opposed to Excel where more steps might need to be done for the same result. Are there any query wizards in 2003 that automatically calculate multiple field values, or am I stuck by doing it long-hand by setting up the query design calculated field by adding each column/field heading to the field n...

Linking from multiple worksheets
I'm building several budget workbooks and wanting them to link to several other worksheets. In each workbook I have worksheets linked to a summary page. I have linked the summary page to another master worksheet. The problem that I'm having with the link it is not recognizing it as a number. So when I go to sum up the columns it is producing a zero number. How do I fix this problem? I need to link this information to another master worksheet on a higher level. -- Sheila Lindergren Financial Management Analyst City of Bradenton ...

Recieving the same email multiple times
Everytime I open my email i get the same emails I already recieved everytime! I am not sure what I am doing wrong if I have something checked I shouldn't or what! Please help me! This is Windows Mail in Vista, correct? 1: Tools | Accounts. Make sure you do not have this account listed more than once. 2: Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Uncheck: Leave a copy of messages on the server. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Kaitlyn Phillips" <Kaitlyn Phillips@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Please Help with Multiple Field Primary Keys
I have two tables in a database that have to use four fields for a unique identifier and primary key. How do I set up a query to set a relationship between those four fields together as one? When I add the tables to the query I see the fields, but I am not having any success properly setting the relationships. The upper half of the query design window is where the 2 tables appear. Drag Field1 from Table1, and drop it into Field1 from Table2. Access displays a join line from one table to the other. Drag Field2 from Table1, and drop it into Field2 from Table2. Repeat for the other 3 f...

how to create a multiple conditional formula
I am trying the find a solution for the following multiple formula (example); IF(A1="K"; B1+(B1*C10);B1) AND IF(A1="N";B1+(B1*C11);B1). So actually two expressions in one formula. I can't find a good solution. Is there anybody who can help me? Thank you in advance. Ad Buijs =B1+B1*IF(A1="K",C10,if(A1="N",C11,0)) "Ad Buijs" wrote: > I am trying the find a solution for the following multiple formula (example); > IF(A1="K"; B1+(B1*C10);B1) AND IF(A1="N";B1+(B1*C11);B1). So actually two > expressions ...

Multiple Currency
Thanks in advance for the help. CRM ver 1.2 does not support Multiple currency. One of the customers requirment is to have Multiple currency support. He buys products from various countries and sell them in his local currency and in dollars. The current version only supports one currency. Can any one provide us with a sutiable alternative solution regards sai You can use post callouts to callout to currency conversion sights to do a live conversion for you. I have not see any multi-currency solutions beyond adding code to do it yourself. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http:/...

Pivot Table
Hi, I have two spreadsheets in separete workbooks containing various types of differing data under different column headings. I would like to anaylse the data contained within the spreadsheets using 1 Pivot Table. I have tried using the Pivot Table wizard and opting for Multiple consolidated ranges, however, this still only lets me look at data from 1 workbook at a time and does not allow me to analyse data from both workbooks at the same time. Is there anyway I can do this? Thanks Emyn -- Emyn ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emyn's Profile...

How can I close multiple activities at once
From a customer I got the question: is it possible to close multiple activities (f.i. 300 phonecall created by a Quick Campaign) at once? They DON'T want to delete them! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Com...

OL2003 does not support Microsoft Mail
Hi. The users in my office use OL2000 and OL97 to send intra-office emails via Microsoft Mail. The address list is stored on a NT4 server using the Microsoft Postoffice directory. Since they do not need to send/receive emails to external party, they do not have any Internet email (POP and SMTP) set up in Outlook. The problem arises when we upgrade a computer and purchase an OEM version of MS Office where only the Office 2002 and Office 2003 are offered and neither supports Microsoft Mail. Any of you out there who uses Microsoft Mail and are facing with such problem? I'm trying to...

Hello Experts, My project requires to load several resource files that are in different languages at the same time. Of course, these resources have the same ID. Since the last resource is the active resource; we are thinking of creating a dynamic table and populate this with the resource string table. The problem is; (1) Is there a structure to traverse through the STRINGTABLE (2) How do I enumerate the strings in the stringtable and the respective IDs Thank you, SG Why do you need to load all the resource files if they are identical except for the language? Why not load the requi...

COUNTIF MULTIPLE CRITERIA #2
To count if Col A=aa and Col B=bb and Col C=cc. Must meet all situation. Thanks will A Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="aa"),--(B1:B10="bb"),--(C1:C10="cc")) Adjust range references to suit your situation Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "will A" wrote: > To count if Col A=aa and Col B=bb and Col C=cc. Must meet all situation. > Thanks > will A =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000="aa"),--(B1:B1000="bb"),--(C1:c1000="cc")) SUMPRODUCT does not work on a complete column, just a defined range, and all ranges must b...