Suggestion field

Hello, does anyone know how they call the suggestion field that appears at the explorer bar when you type an address. Or appears when you double-click on a username field. I would like to create something like that; maybe someone knows how to do that. It's probably simple but because I don't know the exact English word for it, it's hard to find.
Thanks.
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You might want to take a look at IAutoComplete.  Here is an interesting
article that talks about it a bit.

Tom

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/0800/c/default.aspx

"Woestenburg" <Woestenburg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, does anyone know how they call the suggestion field that appears at
the explorer bar when you type an address. Or appears when you double-click
on a username field. I would like to create something like that; maybe
someone knows how to do that. It's probably simple but because I don't know
the exact English word for it, it's hard to find.
> Thanks.

0
tserface (3861)

Pivot Table Field Choices
Is there a global way to uncheck ALL of the boxes in a pivot table field button pull down? I see the way to do this if you have 2 levels but all of mine are single level, and I have a hundred plus. Thanks in advance if anyone has a trick! You can do this with a macro. The first macro hides all items except the last one, and the second one shows all items. Replace "Rep" with the name of your field. Sub PivotHideItemsField() 'For version 2000 -- hide all items in specific field 'sort is set to Manual to prevent errors, e.g. 'unable to set Visible Property of Pivot...

Exclude Records based on a joined field?
Hi, I have a table containing transaction data which includes a 'SoldDate' field. This table contains records relating to all days of the week. However, I want to exclude records relating to Saturdays in some of my queries. So I have imported another table containing the dates of all Saturdays. I can add this table to my queries and join the two date fields to select all Saturdays, but how do I do likewise to *exclude* all Saturdays. In effect, not include records where the joined fields are equal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards Jason You do not need a ...

Add two fields
Hi! I wonder how I can customize so when I have one amount in the first field and another amount on a second field the sum of the both fields will automatically appear on a third field. I think I need to create an "on change" event but I am not sure about the code... Can someone help me? Hi Martin, You will need to use Javascript for this. For example, you can use the following code in the OnSave event of the form: crmForm.all.field3.DataValue=crmForm.all.field1.DataValue+crmForm.all.field2.DataValue; This will fill in the third field with the sum of the other two fields onS...

Set a number field with decimal places.
I need to change a number field to accept 2 decimal places. However, my existing field is a number field with data type Long Integer. Do I need to change this to single type field with a currency or fixed format? Or, some other data type field? The number is not currency but MS help suggests currency for decimal places. Not sure why. I need to display and store a number like 50.25 or 1.75 That's it. No dollar signs. Any suggestions? Thanks! -- FL Change the LongInt field to Currency. That data type will store up to 4 decimal places, and will only show the $ if ...

vendor status field in PM00200
I have 1, 2 and 3 values in vendor status field in PM00200. which table contians what these values stand for? Bab, I do not believe these are stored in a table. Here are the values: 1 = Active 2 = Inactive 3 = Temporary (You can sometimes find the values for fields like this in the Resource Descriptions in GP, other times you may need to look in the SDK.) -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Bab" <Bab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B474BB3-D4B8-4FB2-BC22-B1C571C25F79@microsoft.com... >I have 1, 2 and 3 values in vendor st...

Denormalize data into one single field (by query)
Hello everyone. I'm getting mad with this. I want to retrieve the data from a many-to-many relationship into a single output field. For sample, such a query on the table : [PK] [FK] PK1 FK1 PK1 FK2 PK2 FK2 PK2 FK3 should deliver [PK] [Wanted output] PK1 "FK1, FK2" PK2 "FK2, FK3" The best would be a single string field I could concatenate from a variable number of initial rows of the same FK field. This has to be used in a report and I can't afford a grouping on each PK value to display ...

User Defined Fields #2
I can't find any information on how to set up user defined fields. I want to be able to use them in "Smart List", but have no idea how to set them up in the system. Hi Kerry, User-defined fields can be set up in the various module setup windows found under the Tools menu on version 8.0 and the Setup menu on versions prior to 8.0. The user-defined fields are often on a separate window opened from the module setup window itself (ex: in Receivables Management Setup, click the Options button to open the Receivables Setup Options window - that's where the User-Defined 1 ...

How do I force a memo field to print all text in reports?
I created a memo field in a table to hold lengthy explanations however when I preview this field in a report it's cutting off the majority of the text. Usually one or two lines are printing. I've expanded the field to accomodate more characters but that isn't working either. Do you have any suggestions on how to force the field to display all the text? I appreciate any help you can provide. Memos on reports can be problematic at times. Most likely it is truncating down to 255 characters? Is the report's recordsource a query? Some queries will truncate memo...

Help me identify the symbols in "Icon" field of my Inbox in Outloo
How does one manage such a query in the simplistic "Help" offered by these people? Where can I find the answer to my question? "Icon" in the search and help facility treat it only as icon the symbol in Windows, not as a specific header in my Inbox in Outlook 2003, the Email program of Microsoft Office. How does one manage a post in which the user failed even to post a question? You force us to guess what it is. That wastes our time and yours. My guess as to what your question is would have this answer: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/icons.htm -- Russ Valentine [...

Same field on secondary form displaying info from primary form.
This is probably a dumb question, but I couldn't find in any of my books how to do this, so here it is. I have a form to input Lot numbers for a product, which we will call Form A. There is detailed information that is to go with each lot number, which we call Form B. I have a button on the form that opens up another form, in which the user can input the detailed information. I want this Lot Number that is typed in Form A to appear in Form B. How do I do this? Example: Form A. Lot: Q123456 "click button to enter details" Form B opens. Lot: Q123456 (this field needs to...

Pivot fields
How do i pull two pivot value into there according text boxes i have this code strSQL = "TRANSFORM CCur(Nz(Sum([Amount]),0)) AS X" strSQL = strSQL & " SELECT [" & TempVars![Display] & "] as SalesGroupingField FROM [Sales Analysis] " strSQL = strSQL & " Where [Year]=" & TempVars![Year] strSQL = strSQL & " GROUP BY [" & TempVars![Group By] & "], [" & TempVars![Display] & "]" strSQL = strSQL & " Pivot [Sales Analysis].[Quarter] In (1,2,3,4)"...

Question about adding fields
Hello, Is it possible to use a new field which is made in the deployment manager, and then added to a form (In this case the quote form) to use this field in a word template? I've added the field to the form, but when I try to make a word document from this quotation I cannot find the field I added to the form. KR, Martijn Afraid that you cannot change the list of available fields in the Word Merge. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Martijn" <martijnmagic@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1151494779.013359.174090@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... Hello, Is it po...

Sort text field based on specific order
I have an Access DB with a text field that can contain one of 4 words: Daily, Periodic, Seasonal, Other. I want to sort on this field so the query result is in the same order: Daily, Periodic, Seasonal, Other (not alphabetical). Is there a way to make this happen without manually entering a corresponding number in a seperate field and then sorting on the number field? Thanks. well if you used the term zOther ....then it would be just alphabetical... but you can use that sort numerical field and not require that it be manual nor even visible.... add into the 'AfterUpdate' event for...

Field Level Security and SOP Entry Screen
I am trying to restrict changes in the SOP entry screen. One of the problems I am having with Field Level Security is related to required fields. There is no way to apply field level security in required fields? Thanks, -- Patti That's correct Patti. If you need the behavior on a required field modified, this requires a customization. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Patti, More than anything else, I would love to know what you are trying to accomplish. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC...

Dynamically load DataValidation List through Source field?
I'm using the Data, Data Validation, List option to create a dropdown list in a cell that references a range in my worksheet. However, the worksheet is very large that populates the dropdown. Is there a way to filter or dynamically populate the dropdown using a wildcard such as using a function =VLOOKUP("A*", =$J:$J, 1,False) in the Source field to populate the dropdown with just the names that start with "A". Sorta. You could setup a range of cells with formulas that only pulled certain cells, and setup a dynamic range to refer to that cell named MyRa...

WHERE field = '' <- Not returning data
Hi folks, Im a SQL Server developer who is currently using Access, so I'm probably doing something really dumb. I have a simple query that is searching on the criteria WHERE field = '' ie find me the records where the text field is blank. I have two such records but the query is returning an empty set. I though at first that maybe it was null so I tried WHERE field = Null, but no luck there either. Any ideas? Many thanks Pete Try Where Field is Null Or (perhaps less efficient) WHERE Field & "" = "" -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Center...

Adding Fields into Customize Form (designing)
During customization. to add new field to the existing form , we will select Add field option in right hand side and navigate to find the attributes. It is very hard to navigate top to bottom to find the attirbute where we have more than 40 to 100fields. I request to add check box next to each attribute in attribute list form or search button is highly recommended. so that user no need to navigate top to bottom to add specific field. it saves lot of development time ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes...

How can I find the count of fields in vba?
Hi. I have this: Dim conn As New ADODB.Connection Dim str1 As New ADODB.Recordset Set conn = CurrentProject.Connection str1.Open "select count(Field1) as Allfields from dbase group by Field1", conn, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic I have in my dbase 450 data in Field1. 200 of them are different kind of, so I thougt that my Allfields result should be 200, but it is allways 1 ! Why does it find only 1? If I take the "group by field1" away, then Allfields is 450!! What is wrong? hannu Hi Hannu, SELECT Count(Field1) AS NumUniqueValues FROM tablename WHERE (Field1 ...

changing email address in "From" field
I am in the process of setting up a Windows 2003/Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003 system for my company. I noticed that it is possible for the users to add the "From" field in a new message in Outlook and to choose any user from the Global Address List to put into the "From" field. I am worried that the users will send messages spoofing other Active Directory users' email addresses in the "From" field. Will the users be able to do this? If so, how can I get around this? I do not plan to hide users from the Global Address List. Thanks in advance. They...

CFG File for showing Email addresses in "CC" and "To" Fields
Hi all, My goal is to be able to make a distribution list easily when someone sends me an email with a lot of people in the "To" or "CC" fields. I am using gmail accounts through IMAP for Outlook 2007. I try and follow the Outlook help instructions, which tell me to copy and paste from these fields into the distribution list. However, because Outlook usually only displays the name and not the email address, it doesn't recognize an address when I copy and paste. I found these very helpful Slipstick instructions through a google search and was able to ...

Spell check crashes even after the fixes you have suggested.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Every time I spell check my doc, the system crashes at some point. I can never get through the whole doc. I even bought the Office MacDisc kit to upgrade and still have the problem. I am ready to go back to an old typewriter! Help! This indicates there is a problem in your document that is crashing Word. That's not uncommon. First, update Mac Office to the latest level and come back and tell us what your update level then is. Please also tell us which language your Office installation is, and which languages ar...

Set two fields equal to each other
I am attempting to set two fields (separate attributes) equal to each other and I am getting nowhere... On the Accounts form "General" tab, there is the "Total No. Of Employees" field which I want to match the "No. Of Employees" field on a custom tab in the same Accounts form. I have attempted this using workflows and onSave/onLoad events. Here is a variation of the code I have tried in the onLoad/onSave events: var oNoE = crmForm.all.numberofemployees.value; if (crmForm.CFITotalNoOfEmployees.value > 0) {oNoE = crmForm.CFITotalNoOfEmployees.value;} Any i...

MIME not decoded if TO field is too long?
Hello, We have several users who regularly send the same message to 100-200 external recipients. All of the recipients are listed in the TO field because it's very important for each recipient to see the co- recipients. One of the recipients is using E2K3 and Outlook 2003. When they receive the message, it hasn't been automatically MIME-decoded into message body and attachment; they have to manually save the message text and run it through Uudeview for example. If we use BCC when sending the message, the problem doesn't occur. I've seen this problem in previous versions of E...

Exchange rate to trans currency money fields
Hi all, Standard CRM applies the exchange rate fluctuations to CRM money base fields(_base) but not to the trans currency money fields which are displayed on q quote or any other forms. my requirement is the exchange rate has to be applied to trans currency fields. Ex: when i revise my quote, the quote has to be revised with latest currency exchange rate.means the displayed money field values on a quote should get update with exchange rate. Is it possible? pls help me out if there is any way of doing it either through plug-In etc. Thanks, MKR That's simply not how it works. ...

Error Opening Forms After adding New Field
I added a new field in the opportunity Schema, Published it. I then added it to the opportunity form. Now when I try to open any lead, contact, account or opportunity form I get the "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator" error. Full message is Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 1 Date: 16/09/2005 Time: 11:37:37 User: N/A Computer: HPCRM1 Description: MSCRM Application Error Report -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error ...