String Table #2

I am getting ready to paste hundreds of string table entries into my .rc
file.  Could I get some advice on how to proceed with:

STRINGTABLE DISCARDABLE
BEGIN
 . . .
END
  ?

I can't say I truly understand what STRINGTABLE DISCARDABLE does.

0
srussell2458 (497)
8/10/2005 2:42:41 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>I am getting ready to paste hundreds of string table entries into my .rc
>file.  Could I get some advice on how to proceed with:
>
> STRINGTABLE DISCARDABLE
> BEGIN
> . . .
> END
>  ?
>
> I can't say I truly understand what STRINGTABLE DISCARDABLE does.
---------------
And then there's STRINGTABLE PRELOAD DISCARDABLE.  What's the difference and
significance?

0
srussell2458 (497)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/tools/tools/common_resource_attributes.asp
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)
8/10/2005 11:39:48 AM
"Jeff Partch [MVP]" <jeffp@mvps.org> wrote in message
> "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>> "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>> >I am getting ready to paste hundreds of string table entries into my .rc
>> >file.  Could I get some advice on how to proceed with:
>> >
>> > STRINGTABLE DISCARDABLE
>> > BEGIN
>> > . . .
>> > END
>> >  ?
>> >
>> > I can't say I truly understand what STRINGTABLE DISCARDABLE does.
>> ---------------
>> And then there's STRINGTABLE PRELOAD DISCARDABLE.  What's the difference
> and
>> significance?
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/tools/tools/common_resource_attributes.asp
> --
> Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]
---------
Thank you, Jeff.

Should I keep my string definitions and resources inside .rc and resource.h?
Can they all be placed in one file?  The link you provided is raising this
question for me.

0
srussell2458 (497)
8/10/2005 12:38:56 PM
> Should I keep my string definitions and resources inside .rc and
resource.h?
> Can they all be placed in one file?

I don't think I understand the question(s), Steve.

--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)
8/10/2005 1:02:23 PM
> "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message
>> Should I keep my string definitions and resources inside .rc and
> resource.h?
>> Can they all be placed in one file?
>
> I don't think I understand the question(s), Steve.
>
> --
> Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]
------------
After taking another look at the VC++ Programmer's Guide, I'm pretty sure I
have it figured out now.  Much appreciated!

0
srussell2458 (497)

Change check box value in table
Hi i have i form linked to a table with these fields Name Line1 Line2 ... LineN Line1 .. LineN are check box with value = false at the beginning. In the table there are obviously many records that means Name1 False False .... False Name 2 False False ... False Name 3 False False .... False ..... ...... NameN False False .... False What i want to do is to modify/fixed the value of check box at true value (for example clik on a button) until the last record. For example starting from the first records, for 5 records, change the value of line1 to a true value, then, starting from r...

Analyzing 2 excel workbooks
Is it possible to analyze 2 excel workbooks that are almost the same, to find the differences between them? I don't know the size of your workbooks, but one solution for comparing two worksheets is on a third worksheet, write this formula in cell a1 and copy over the area you need to compare: =if(Sheet1!a1=Sheet2!a1,"","Different") This says if cell a1 is the same on both sheet 1 and 2 do nothing (""), if the cells are not the same it will type the word "Different". If you have multiple sheets, the areas are extremely large, or the...

How to part match a payee name to create a rule? #2
Hi, Every time i do an ATM cash withdrawal, my statement shows the transaction, with a suffix of unique date time stamp such as : ATM/CASH WDL/20050218184013/0 ATM/CASH WDL/20050402110431/0 etc. Can Money automatically rename them to a consistent Payee name such as "ATM Withdrawal" or something, to make my statement look cleaner? I have this problem with some other transactions too, such as online bill pay. On Apr 22, 2:15 pm, saurabh9 <saura...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > Every time i do an ATM cash withdrawal, my statement shows the > transaction, with a suffix o...

Strange problem when importing excel data to Access table
Hi, Sorry to post this in General as well as in Import/Export Data. I know its most likely something I setup in access, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what it is. The problem is, when I import data from an excel file, instead of the data going to row 2 in the data table, it jumps down to row 103. When I import another excel file, the data is in row 205, it keep incrementing 102 rows. The data being imported from excel is in column A to BL, Row 1 is the named fields while row 2 is the data. The access table, the field names equal the named fields from Excel. I do have...

intermittent access to public folders PLEASE READ!! #2
I have about ten users that cannot access one public folder tree off and on. They can access all other folders without error. The folder is a third level folder, and all permissions are set at the root. Both Default and Anonyms have contributor permission all the way down the tree. If I add the users directly to the fold they gain access for a few hours, then they cannot access again. There is a 1000 users in the enterprise, and everyone else is not having any problems. ANY IDEAS would be great. ...

OWA not working #2
We are migrating from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. We used the exdeploy tool to guide us through the migration..joined the exchange 2003 server to an existing 5.5 site, moved the mailboxes over to the exchange 2003 server using system manager and then logged in with each users account so outlook would detect the new server. The only thing that is not working is the OWA. On each computer the web address defaults back to the old mail server login page. What needs to be done? In article <0f4a01c4abda$47a607a0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "KJ" <anonymous@discussions.microso...

Exchange question #2
I have just taken over a medium size office, running Exchange 6.5 on Small Business Server 2003, clients run Outlook 2003. My immediate problem is I have two users who cannot send email to several specific addresses outside the company. Everyone else can send to these addresses. When these two people send email to the outside addresses, they immediately get an email back stating that the address doesn't exist or something to that effect. It appears to be bounced right back from the server. Does anyone have an idea here? Thanks in advance. Can you post the NDR? -- Bharat Sune...

Need Access 2.0 Converter to Access 2002
Any idea how to get an Access 2.0 .mdb file converted to Access 2002? I just bought Office Pro with Access 2000 and it does not have a converter for this old file. The Office website says that no converter is currenty available. Thanks! > Any idea how to get an Access 2.0 .mdb file converted to > Access 2002? I just bought Office Pro with Access 2000 > and it does not have a converter for this old file. The > Office website says that no converter is currenty > available. Thanks! Create a new MDB in your new version of Access, then import all objects from the Access 2...

how do I calculate the change in a value between 2 Access records
I have a form containing a table's history of prices by date. I want to calculate the change in price from one record to the next. How do I calculate the change in a value between 2 Access records? records can be deleted from the table, so the calculation should always reference the next record and show the calculated change. Thanks for your help. How do you determine the "next" record? Since form filtering and ordering will affect the recordset, you can have a difficult time determining which record to use. If you have a rule that will determine what the next record ...

2 stores with Store Ops, now installing Headquarters
I have 2 stores running Store Operations. Both stores have about 30% total different products and inventory and we're about to install headquarter to keep both stores in sync (with product that they do and dont share). I know it's recommened to install one DB to HQ and then copy that down to the second location, however that's just not possible in our case. Are there any special tips in merging 2 SO dbs into headquarters? ...

Spam and exchange 2003 #2
Hi all, I keep getting spam messages from 1. Mail Administrator: DAEMON@mycompany.com, and 2. Automatic email Delivery Software: NOreply@mycompany.com How can I block or stop these in Exchange 2003 or Symantic SMS for exchange. Thank you -- maxman well, if you are using Symantec for SMTP or Exchange, you can just block those email addresses since you should never get anything from outside that says it is coming from inside (your domain). Also, you can try using a DNS black list (either through Exchange or through Symantec) if you feel it is just Spam. Most of the time I see emails lik...

MsExchangeDS error #2
Hello to all, i have 1 site with 2 exchange 5.5 SP4 servers Server A is the bridgehead, server b 2nd server in site. In the event log of server B, i'm getting the following error : Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeDS Event Category: Internal Processing Event ID: 1171 Date: 12/15/2004 Time: 7:19:40 AM User: N/A Computer: YULSEXC01R Description: Exception e0010002 has occurred with parameters 9 and 0 (internal ID 30809ec). Contact Microsoft Technical Support for assistance. I've found an a kb article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;194951, i've fo...

Import New Table; Set Primary Key As AutoNumber
I've procrastinated long enough; I'm starting to learn Access now. I know a little actually, but not much. Anyway, I'm practicing with the NWind DB. I exported each table to an Excel sheet and then tried to import each Excel sheet to a new DB that I just created. A bit silly, but it's really helping me to learn. I though I had a handle on it, but when I tried to import the 'Orders' table, it comes in kind of weird. Under Field Name 'OrderID', the Data Type is Number, but I want it to be AutoNumber so I can create Relationships. I can't seem to ...

Simple Question #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C3DA99.578BD860 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I just rolled out a couple of exchange 2003 ENT servers on windows 2003. = I have not installed a certificate yet - here's my question, I cant seem = to get the home page for OWA. when I go to http://servername/exchange I = got the login pop up box, but no home page.=20 I was under the impression that there is a new home page which allows = you to choose if you want regular OWA or "light" O...

Subject Line Missing #2
I know this has been addressed before I did search the gruop and all say I need to click view the change message header but when I open new message I have no view button ? Please help Thanks Check the View menu not button. See if there's a Message Header option on that menu "Bill" <skiracer105@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1128628592.542897.233600@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I know this has been addressed before I did search the gruop and all > say I need to click view the change message header but when I open new > message I have no view button ...

Check for case of string
So as I work with this VBA from coder I see you can set case of string Is there anyway to examine case? Either If All Uppercase or if Mixed/Init Caps is fine either way I can continue my logic. Thanks! Check your other post. msnyc07 wrote: > > So as I work with this VBA from coder I see you can set case of string > > Is there anyway to examine case? Either If All Uppercase or if Mixed/Init > Caps is fine either way I can continue my logic. > > Thanks! -- Dave Peterson On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:08:01 -0800, msnyc07 <msnyc07@discussions.micros...

Period End Dates Table ... How to Link?
I need to figure out how to link a table of Period End Dates with a date entry field. When an entry is made, it should pick up the period # based on that date entry. Period Table Period End Date 1 1/21/2007 2 2/18/2007 3 3/18/2007 4 4/15/2007 5 5/13/2007 6 6/10/2007 7 7/8/2007 8 8/5/2007 9 9/2/2007 10 9/30/2007 11 10/28/2007 12 11/25/2007 13 12/31/2007 For example: When the date of 4/01/2007 is entere...

Copy Paste Excel Text Data to Powerpoint Table Automatically Forma
Hi, I am looking for any (all) tips or advice on coping and pasting data from an Excel spreadsheet into a PowerPoint table. I have template tables that have a specific size and when I paste from Excel PowerPoint automatically changes the table size. Please help as this is very frustrating! Best, r ...

Open error #2
I received a excel file attached with an e-mail, when I open, there have an error display" this excel chart has generated an error and will be closed", would you give advise how to handle it? thanks. ...

Access 2.0 05-15-06
Hi, Our church purchased a program called Church Windows . They are trying to import records from another database CDMS. Apparently, Church Windows was made with Access 2.0 and we need Access 2.0 on the computer to do the export/import. Since Access 2.0 is so old, is it available for download somewhere? I still have Office 97 Pro but can't find my Office 2.0. I did find an old floppy disk that has Microsoft Office Proffessional Disk 1-setup. This would have been my backup copy but I didn't write how many of how many. I am thinking it had 4 disks? Any ideas or suggestio...

urgent : hyperlinking excel #2
Dear All, I have been asked to create a report with a list of projects. When I click each name of the project, a new sheet should open with details.. Now my problem is this : 1. I have to email this report. So where can I save these details worksheets, so that others can access it? 2. Can I set the size of the worksheet window which opens? 3. How can I enter a 'back' link to go back to the main page? Plz help Best Regards, Rosetta ...

Pivot Table Refresh
Using XP and Office 2003. When I add, change, or delete information from my data worksheet, I know that I can just click "refresh" on my pivot table and all the changes are picked up. However, that is not the case when I add a new row of information at the bottom of the original data worksheet. Is there something I can other than recreating the pivot table? Because the data in the worksheet is alphabetized, it is sometimes necessary to add a new row after the last row in the table and that's when refreshing the pivot table doesn't work. See Debra Dalgleish'...

Create address list based on the Group Membership of user
Hello ! In exchange 2003 was posiible to create an address list based on the Group Membership of user as article ID 321723 in KB Microsoft describes. We are trying to do the same on Exch 2007. How can we do this using Opath syntax ? What exactely is the command for the dynamic custom filtering? Thank you very much Paolo & Corrado memberOf Attribute can now be used in OPATH filters! http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2007/02/memberof-attribute-can-now-be-used-in.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ------------------------------...

Text in formula #2
I want to display the sentence "Average Total Accounts: Oct - Apr" based on a formula. A23 = November-05 So far, I have the formula ="Average Total Accounts: "&TEXT(A23-1, "mmm") which displays "Average Total Accounts: Oct", so I know I'm close. Where I'm having a problem is adding the " - " between Oct and Apr and adding the formula to display Apr. ="Average Total Accounts: "&TEXT(A23-1, "mmm")&" - "&TEXT(DATE(YEAR(A23),MONTH(A23)+5,1),"mmm") -- Kind regards, Niek Otten ...

Sub Totals as a calculated field in a pivot table
I have a pivot table that pulls revenues product line and displays in monthly columns. Can I create a subtotal that displays quarterly data as a calculated field? In another pivot table I have revenues and costs associated with a variety of projects. Is there a way to subtotal the costs separately from revenues? Thanks for reading. Hi Chesil take a look at the Group functionality within Pivot Tables. You can achieve all that you want with that, without having to resort to calculated fields. Just highlight the items you wish to Aggregate>Right click>Group and gi...