Stingray's MFC Objective Grid with Access 2K?

Has anyone had success using Stingray's Objective Grid v7.0 with the later
versions of DAO.  I've seen the suggestions to add an entry to my source to
force MFC to use the later version.  But, when I do this, I get a lot of
crashes after compiling.  I wonder if there are any mods that must also be
made to the Stingray source?

Thanks,
Jack

0
jack6159 (6)
10/30/2003 3:43:52 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

ACCESS on a new iBook?
Hi, Has anyone any experience on running Access under Virtual PC or similar? I have a new model iBook 1.42 Ghz, 512MB RAM (soon to be upped to 1 GB) and 10.4.6. I'm wanting it to brush up my knowledge for use at work so won't be using huge data sets, just playing with new builds & small amounts of test data. I don't really want to buy an old PC just for this so just wanted to check it wouldn't be unusably slow under virtualisation software. Any advice greatly appreciated. Cheers Jason ____ Hi Jason, Microsoft Access works fine in Virtual PC. Yes, it's slightly...

Cannot select objects
We enable the "Select Objects" feature (Home Tab > Find & Select), but can never select multiple activeX controls (checkboxes) by dragging the mouse. The selection extent (marquee) can be dragged around the objects, but it will not select them. The selection pane option is no better because we cannot drag over multiple selections, nor manually extend (SHIFT-Select) selectons, in the selection pane either. The only way we can make multiple selections is by CTRL-Selecting objects on the worksheet or in the selection pane. Any suggestions why we cannot drag-select our co...

accessing ActiveX control enums in MFC
I have an ActiveX contol whose tlb (using OLE/COM viewer) shows // There are a couple of more of these, but this is typical example typedef enum { RF_MCS86 = 1, RF_BINARY = 2, RF_ASCII_BINARY = 3 } EROMFormat; This enum is accessed from another function from within the control as STDMETHOD Func(SAFEARRAY **Ptr, EROMFormat Fmt, Long * Retval) I have dropped the control onto my form and MFC has generated the wrappers for the methods except for the ones having SAFEARRAY arguments Now, not only does MFC not generate the function because of the familiar // method &...

PST file will not allow me access
I have a pst file from Office 2000 that I copied to cd. AS I tried to add it to my new computer and office 2003 I get the message that I do not have rights to access this file. How can I reset the permissions? There is not any password on it that I set by choice. Thanks Sal ...

VPN and Public folders access
Hi all I have 3 exchange servers that are all in the same admin and routing group, two out of hte three servers are exchagne 2003 and hte third is a 5.5 server. All serves are in different parts of the country and they are all connected by high speed links. The problem that i have been noticing lately is when a user VPN's into the network (outlook 2003) the users outlook is trying to connect the public folders to an exchagne server that is not local to there network, when this happens a dialog box pops up asking the user for there username password, this mail server is in another ...

How do I repeat my header on each page of an access form
!@#$%^&*?! I am frustrated. I want to repeat a header on each form. Help states that there is a repeat property that needs to be set to yes. I can't find it anywhere! I've double clicked, right clicked on every section and box and cannot find this property setting. Help!!! Evon wrote: > !@#$%^&*?! I am frustrated. I want to repeat a header on each form. Help > states that there is a repeat property that needs to be set to yes. I > can't > find it anywhere! I've double clicked, right clicked on every section and > box and cannot fin...

Bug in Visual Studio 2005 Listview object. Help!
I've found an obvious bug in VS2005 (VB.NET), in the Listview object. I desperately need a fix. To duplicate do the following: 1. Create a new Visual Basic Windows Application. 2. Add a Listview object and Textbox object to the Form. 3. Add a column to the Listview Column collection. 4. Set the Listview View property to Details. 5. Set the Listview FullRowSelect property to True. 6. Add the following code to the Form: Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load ListView1.Items.Add("aaa...

Reconcile to GL access
Can anyone tell me how to grant a user access to the reconcile to gl routine? I've marked "reconcile purchasing", but this isn't it. I can't find a "reconcile to gl"option to mark under financial or purchasing. Thank You. Tracey Hi Tracey, The "Reconcile to GL" window is under the access list of: Product: Microsoft Dynamics GP Type: Windows Series: Financial In GP 10, you need to accomplish this by providing access to the Security Tasks Setup window while in GP 9 and below this under User Security. Hope this helps! Chee...

Removing Anonymous Access on Backend Exchange Servers
Hi, We are running Backend & Front End Exchange Servers, Front End the anonymous access has been disabled. I am in the process of removing anonymous access in Backend also, but the problem is there are many applications which are using backend servers to send mails, most of it can be configured to authenticate before sending mails, but there are a quite a few legacy applications which cannot authenticate before sending mails (The code is not opensource & cannot be modified). I tried to allow relaying based on IP's, but still those legacy machines are not able to send mail...

Access 03-17-08
From a menu designed using access a query was run and the response we received says the records are deleted. The query's function is to search a table which has 6,000 records. The table with the records can be seen. However We cannot cannot do sorts or run queries on it. How do we free up the data access says is deleted.? It also says unrecognized data format when we try to look at the individual from related the the query on the menu. At times like this, nothing beats a good backup. In fact make a complete backup of your database now and put it away for safe keeping. AFTER makin...

Merging queries by column in access
Hi, I have a series of queries which get data aggregated by year, e.g. select year(date), min(var1), avg(var1), max(var1) from table where (ridiculously complicated set of conditions) group by year(date) select year(date), min(var2), avg(var2), max(var2) from table where (entirely different ridiculously complicated set of conditions) group by year(date) etc etc There are six queries like this so what I want is to amalgamate these columns together into one results table (and also into one query so users can just run one stored query rather than six!) as follows: year, m...

threads accessing private methods
Hi! Here is a simple example on a timer accessing the private method timer_Elapsed. This works fine. In this example one might consider that the timer_Elapsed must be public because the one that is calling is not within the class. So I just wonder is it always in such a way that when the framework or the OS is calling upon a method it can be declared as private and it will work ? class Test { static void Main() { Timer timer = new Timer(); timer.Elapsed += new ElapsedEventHandler(timer_Elapsed); timer.Interval = 1000; timer.Enabl...

Access autonumber field changes to date format when Excel imports
When importing Access data into Excel, the autonumber field in Access is chenged to date format instead of a general number format. I could run a macro to change the number format but this only happens on some Vista machines, not all. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? ...

(MFC) How to use messages to communicate between CMDIFrameWnd and CScrollView?
Alright, so I tried to use AfxGetMainWnd() from inside a CScrollView-derived class to access a function inside of a CMDIFrameWnd-derived class. It worked under the "Debug" configuration, but I'm getting a nasty error under the "Release" configuration: Coil error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CMainFrame::setCurrRef(class ATL::CStringT<char,class StrTraitMFC<char,class ATL::ChTraitsCRT<char> > >)" (?setCurrRef@CMainFrame@@QAEXV?$CStringT@DV?$StrTraitMFC@DV?$ChTraitsCRT@D@ATL@@@@@ATL@@@Z) referenced in function &...

"Users" and "Computers" objects are not OUs
I'm providing support to a client using Windows Server 2003 R2 on two DCs. I find that the "Users" object in AD is not an OU but simply a container. The network seems to function okay but I am unable to apply group policies to these objects. (GPMC only shows OUs) I am also unable to delete or rename these, unlike OUs. The client has no recollection of when or how this might have happened. Is there a documented/safe way to fix this, either to change these from containers into OUs, or to delete them and recreate them as OUs. Thanks. Jon Hello Jon, The c...

Access denied to event invitation
People I invite to a calendar event get an access denied error when the try to accept -- jquinter ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jquintero's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=214 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187052813 ...

Can I use MFC classes in a piecewise fashion
I am making a DirectX-based 3D game. There is virtually no windows stuf apart from setup so switching to MFC completely seems pointless. However some of the MFC classes (mainly CString) are useful, can I use these without linking the MFC dll? Or if there is a standard string class elsewhere which is as useful that would do - does the STL include this? It is a lot easier in VS7 than in VS6; MFC has been split up a bit better. Otherwise, the STL std::string is what you would use. joe On Thu, 20 May 2004 01:36:02 -0700, d000hg <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am ma...

I cannot access newly created users
Hi folks... I have using exchange server. i can add users in Active directory successfully. But I cannot logon through IE or Outllok.. That is from today onwards i can create users but When I configuring in Outlook or when i tried to login through IE I get the following error message. "Sorry. User id and password could not be verified. Please re-enter your user id and password. more details... javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password." This means the My Exchange did not recognize the newly created user name. But while I ...

How to disable assertions of mfc core libraries ?
For example , i want to disable assertions in winocc.cpp , i comment them but it doesnt work , what should i do to avoid these assertions ? BEST REGARDS the mfc assertions are very useful while doing development\debug ... publish your application in release mode ..... that would exclude assertions ..... "Akin �Cal" <AknCal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17FE0FA7-348E-459E-9DAE-79962E660C84@microsoft.com... > For example , i want to disable assertions in winocc.cpp , i comment them > but > it doesnt work , what should i do to avoid these assert...

can you move icons on the quick access toolbar
When you add a new command it is placed at the end of the list. I like to group similar commands together. How do you do this? If you go into the QAT editor, that is by selecting More Commands... from the options when you click the little dropdown arrow at the end of the QAT, you get a dialog that allows you to move items up and down. -- HTH Bob "Kathryn211" <Kathryn211@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC709D50-F0BF-4602-A428-7A1F8BB3213A@microsoft.com... > When you add a new command it is placed at the end of the list. I like to >...

Sybari Antigen ASM Junk Mail Folder
We have just turned on the Sybrari Antigen ASM Junk Mail filter for our Outlook clients on our Exchange 2000 server (Sybari is version 8.0) running on a Windows 2000 SP4 server. We are running IIS 5.0 on the same server in the default location of C:\Inetpub\wwwroot for OWA. When you try to access the new folder in Outlook you get the following message. Access is denied. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: ...

No GP 9 access when our Internet connection fails
When our Internet connection fails no one can access GP 9 SP3 on Server 2003/SQL 2000. This is a small local network of 25 computers, with a single Internet router. We first noticed this problem about 2 months ago. Why would a loss of our Internet connection not allow anyone access to our GP Server? Thanks, Steve Hi Steve My guess is that it is not your interent going down but you router shutting down. If all computers are connected to the same router for internet and for network access, and it went down then you would no tbe able to access internal resources or the internet. ...

Populate Acrobat pdf file from Access
I have a database that I created a few years back that uses the activex installation of the old Adobe Acrobat FDF tookit. My code creates an fdf using fields from my form and then opens the corresponding pdf. The end result is that Access populates my pdf's for me. Now for my problem... I now have a computer with Windows Vista on it. I can't find a way to install the FDF toolkit. The way I had to do it before was to copy two files to the "system" folder and run this from a command prompt... "regsvr32 fdfacx.dll" and then the same for fdftk.dll When I ...

How to separate mail from .pst, access later
I copy my .pst file back and forth from my desktop to notebook computer. Now it is very large. How can I separate a lot of the mail I have into a file that I can access when I want to but don't have to copy anymore with the active mail. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Can't access an attachment
I am having trouble reading some emails that have attachments. These are from people that I know and trust so I know there are no viruses, etc. The message that I receive upon opening up the message is "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your email". How do I make it so that I can open up the attachment? This is through Outlook Express 6, Windows 98. Thank you so much for any help! Open Outlook Express and select Tools | Options | Security tab and uncheck the second box from the top concerning attachments. "Preston Young" <pyoung714@a...