start app without setting focus

Hi,

i want to start my app (modless dialog) and I do not want, that my
application gets the focus.
How can I realize that? I tried such tings like
GetForeGroundWindow()->SetFocus, but nothing worked. Everytime my app
has the focus (wether running hidden with tray icon or showed). Does
anybody has some ideas how I can do that?

thanks a lot,
Holger

--
www.kreissl.info
0

In CDialog::OnInitDialog() return FALSE instead of TRUE

--

With Regards
Alok Gupta

                           "I Believe this will Help"

"Holger Krei�l" <nospam@kreissl.in_fo> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> i want to start my app (modless dialog) and I do not want, that my
> application gets the focus.
> How can I realize that? I tried such tings like
> GetForeGroundWindow()->SetFocus, but nothing worked. Everytime my app
> has the focus (wether running hidden with tray icon or showed). Does
> anybody has some ideas how I can do that?
>
> thanks a lot,
> Holger
>
> --
> www.kreissl.info

0
thatsalok1 (226)
3/16/2005 10:33:27 AM
"Holger Krei�l" <nospam@kreissl.in_fo> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> i want to start my app (modless dialog) and I do not want, that my
> application gets the focus.
> How can I realize that? I tried such tings like
> GetForeGroundWindow()->SetFocus, but nothing worked. Everytime my app
> has the focus (wether running hidden with tray icon or showed). Does
> anybody has some ideas how I can do that?
>
> thanks a lot,
> Holger
>
> --
> www.kreissl.info

Try
        ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNOACTIVATE);

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]

0
CheckAbdoul

Save account settings in Outlook 2007
How can I save my various email account settings for use on a new PC, rather than having to input everything again? I am running Outlook 2007 on Windows Vista. Many thanks. There is no native method of doing so "Bagheera" <Bagheera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E44CA27-9A41-461C-B868-8F0ABC81DC4D@microsoft.com... > How can I save my various email account settings for use on a new PC, > rather > than having to input everything again? > > I am running Outlook 2007 on Windows Vista. > > Many thanks. ...

Alarm reminder disappears if set as recurring
I'm using Outlook 2003 w/BCM, just noticed that a VALENTINE'S DAY entry was made for 2/14/06, (X) All day event, recurring yearly, with a reminder of 3 days. Problem is... the REMINDER alarm doesn't work...doesn't appear in the reminders list or beep or anything. If I remove the "recurrence", THEN it works great, pops up on the reminders list. Wondered what could be the problem? Why is 'recurring' knocking it out. I've checked and re-checked everything I already make sure it says "Start: Tues 2/14/06" ...not some future year. Also tried delet...

How can i start application before User Logon
I having a project which need to create a kids used application which run prior before user log in. Is there anywhere to do it? And is it possible to disable the combination keys of alt+ctrl+del in vista? -- bing88 Sounds like malware to me. "bing88" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:93546aad9d33dca0b81adf53127f22ee@nntp-gateway.com... > > I having a project which need to create a kids used application which > run prior before user log in. Is there anywhere to do it? And is it > possible to disable the combination keys of alt+...

Row Hidden or height set to 0
The A1 row in my worksheet is not visible and I can't find a way to display it. Following help, I went to Edit/Go To/"A1" then Format/Row/Unhide or Height = 13 but it still isn't visible. Help! Hi click on the small box above the row numbers, left to the column headings to select your entire spreadsheet Now goto 'Format - Rows - Unhide' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany CS wrote: > The A1 row in my worksheet is not visible and I can't find > a way to display it. Following help, I went to Edit/Go > To/"A1" then Format/Row/Unhide or...

Global retention (autoarchive) setting?
Is there no way to set the retention period for ALL mail folders at once? I see the "Clean out items older than..." setting under the AutoArchive tab of the Properties entry for each folder, but I have 40-50 folders. I am running Outlook 2000. Has this changed in later versions? -- Using Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000 Outlook 2003 has the option to apply archive settings to "all" folders. I don't know of any 3rd party solutions that mimic this ability for earlier versions. "LurfysMa" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:nquir1h33oaeah...

How do i set up an organization chart in Excel?
Is there a wizard or an easy way to set up an org chart. Please send reply to rdamore@chezcore.com -- Rox Hi Excel can insert an org chart (Insert - Diagram in newer versions). But Excel is not the ideal program for this. You may use Visio instead -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany rox wrote: > Is there a wizard or an easy way to set up an org chart. Please send > reply to rdamore@chezcore.com ...

Can I set an audio alert that triggers as Excel cell value chgs?
I would like to add an audio alert to a spreadsheet cell whenever it changes to a specific value? Can this be done? ....I'm not familiar with any audio alerts but, you can use conditional formatting to the cell's format change when it value changes. Go to Format...Conditional Formatting. You can then either set a value or use a formula and set the format (what it will look like when the cell is the value that you set). "SellUnHi" wrote: > I would like to add an audio alert to a spreadsheet cell whenever it changes > to a specific value? Can this be done? L...

Button still highlighted after losing focus
I have a dialog box which has a combobox and two buttons. When i click on the button the MessageMap function for the button gets invoked which sets the focus to the combobox. Even though the focus gets set to the combo box the button which was clicked is highlighted (dark rectangle, BS_PUSHBUTTON property). Can anyone explain how i can overcome this problem. "chandan" <chandanlinux@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8ea735ac.0410080408.1a64ba4b@posting.google.com... > I have a dialog box which has a combobox and two buttons. When i click > on the button the MessageMap fu...

synconize outlook without exchange
Hello, Is there a simple "free" tool on the market that could syncronize outlook with for example a laptop. Thanks for any help!!! -- Hooters hooters jum jum jum, hooters hooters on a girls that's dumb ------------------------------------------ Al Bundy Spam sucks <nomail> wrote: > Is there a simple "free" tool on the market that could syncronize > outlook with for example a laptop. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm While it's not free, a Pocket PC would be one good way. -- Brian Tillman ...

setting up newsgroup accounts
How do I create a newsgroup account in Outlook 2003? I can only find an option to create an email account. Outlook is not a news reader. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Carter Johnson" <user@example.net> wrote in message news:coogag0nje@enews1.newsguy.com... > How do I create a newsgroup account in Outlook 2003? I can only find an > option to create an email account. All versions of Outlook use the Outlook Express News reader to read Internet news. If you're missing the News command and want it back, go to the Programs tab in 'Control Panel|Internet ...

How do I set up Outlook 2007?
I don't know how to set up Outlook 2007. I click on it, and the wizard comes up, but when I enter my hotmail information, nothing happens; the wizard never finishes installing the software and I have to start over again. I do not know very much about computer software or computers in general. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you. pcrup wrote: > I don't know how to set up Outlook 2007. I click on it, and the wizard comes > up, but when I enter my hotmail information, nothing happens; the wizard > never finishes installing the software and I have to start over a...

Making a set value appear in a cell
Hi, I'm new to excel, I apologize if this question is too basic. I work for an accountant, and I have to enter an account purpose and the account number for that purpose in a cell right next to it. Is there any way to enter the purpose and make the set value of the account number appear next to it automatically? For example if I enter ABC for purpose, can I make a (fake) account number of 50-5025-02 appear next to it automatically? And the same goes for other purposes and their respective account numbers. You can do this using a VLOOKUP formula. First you would need to set up a...

How best to set up credit card purchases which are paid out of chequing
I want to make purchases with a credit card... which I will immediately pay off thru my chequing account. With the credit card acct. I can specify the categories of purchases for budget & reporting purposes, but what do I put on the chequing account for my credit card payment? Won't that show as extra expense on my budget ?? How best to handle it? Also, how best to handle cash withdrawls from ATM from chequing acct. Creatinfg an account called cash is what I'm doing but when I fund it from chequing... it is like extra income and will distort my income amounts....no?? In micros...

Issue with Multicurrency App
My client uses multicurrency Management module extensively. Each time they apply payment to a foreign currency transaction. Then GP10 SP2 produces an Exchange difference that is incorrect. It simply deducts the value of the foreign payment from the invoice value and journalise the difference as Exchange Difference. Has anyone encountered this before and how did you solve it? -- pibsng How would you like the gain/loss on exchange to be calculated? "pibsng" <pibsng@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2743B96E-E9DF-47C7-89D2-C28CD9825B30@microsoft.com... > My client uses ...

bcp utilities and obdc settings on Vista
i successfully installed SQLServer 2005 standards edition on Windows Vista OS, intalled GP 10.0 with no error, but when i started the Utilities i recieved an error alert "configure your bcp utilities and obdc settings" with this the installation stopped. what must i do to install GP 10 on Vista OS successfully? You need to turn off user controls "Taiwo" wrote: > > i successfully installed SQLServer 2005 standards edition on Windows Vista > OS, > intalled GP 10.0 with no error, but when i started the > Utilities i recieved ...

???: Freezing data at a set time
I am ingesting real-time temperature data into excel. I want to know what the temperature was at certain times of the day. How do I get the computer to save the temperature every hour but also keep importing and monitoring the current temperature ? Thanks, Grinch How are you ingesting? <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0cb601c4e34b$9bb94840$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How are you ingesting? Linking to a real-time data feed. ...

message when i start windows
Hi all, Everytime i start my computer now a message appears in the desktop, which says this: APLICATION LAUNCHER: Unable to load configuration. Can anybody tell me why do i get this message and how can i solve the problem please. Thank you very much. -- JC Sotos If this message arrives when you turn on your computer then it is a Windows issue. Find a Windows newsgroup. If the application launcher comes up when you open an Office application, then it probably means you had a trial or beta Office suite installed and failed to remove it before installing the real deal. Help in the below U...

Exch2003: POP3 + NNTP + IMAP4 not starting..
Alright, another problem here.. I installed a fresh Windows Server 2003, and Exchange Server 2003.. and POP3, NNTP and IMAP4 not started... I try to start them manually, but they time out.. What do i do, and do i need them? What do you see in your app event logs? If you aren't planning on supporting external POP/IMAP users, you won't need these to run...nor NNTP if you won't be using your server as a newsfeed. However, it would be good to figure out why they aren't starting up automatically as they should be. Confuzed One wrote: > Alright, another problem here.. >...

Disable Excel 2003 (or other Office) Safe Mode start up
Is there a way to disable the automatic safemode start up in Excel 2003? I have some addin's that occasionally crash and prompt this alert. I'd like to avoid the annoying alert if possible. ...

SQL BETWEEN If end date is less than start date all records between are still displayed.
I noticed that this query shows records the records between even if the second date is larger than the first. No big deal really I just was not expecting it. I suppose you have to code around it in case somebody makes a mistake. Avid Fan wrote: >I noticed that this query shows records the records between even if the >second date is larger than the first. > >No big deal really I just was not expecting it. > >I suppose you have to code around it in case somebody makes a mistake. > Between doesn't care which one is earlier. If it matters ...

Setting a combo box value
Hi, I am opening a form with the docmd.openform, and once the form opens I would like to set the value of a combo box on that form automatically, based on a record that was slected (double clicked) on the previous form. The code below works and will open the form with the combox box value completed, but for some reason when any of the first 6 records on the original form are double clicked, the second form will open and the combo box will be blank. I have put a msgbox in to check the Me!Server values and they are all fine. I have also checked the combobox values to make...

Feed to Great Plains from financial apps
Where can I find documentation on setting up a mapping from a financial app to feed to great plains g/l automatically? Thanks. The SDK that is on the second CD would be the best place to start. "James" wrote: > Where can I find documentation on setting up a mapping from a financial app > to feed to great plains g/l automatically? > Thanks. ...

Splitter into Dialog of MDI app
Hello ! I'm new to MFC, and I can't manage to draw a CSplitterWnd correctly into a CDialog. During "OnInitDialog", I create a CFrameWnd (not a CMDIChildWnd, because CMDIChildFrame needs a CMDIFrameWnd as parent, and I want the CDialog to be the parent; that's why I have to force the WS_CHILD style when creating the frame). During the CFrameWnd creation, I create a static splitter with two columns. Each column contains a simple CFormView. Everything is displayed properly in my dialog when I run the app, but the problem is that my splitter and its views seem to receive but...

How do I set up tent cards in Word 2007?
In case no one knows what tent cards are, they are those cards that you place in front of people at a meeting, round table, or anywhere a group of people will be whose names you want to show for other people to know them. It's an oblong, rectangular, tepee-looking card that has a person's name on both sides of the card so that either way you turn the card, the name will show correctly. It was a feature under Word 2003 under the Mail and Label section, where you would pick "tent card," but I can't seem to find it in Word 2007. Please help You have to rot...

Automatically setting the value of uomid with OnLoad event
I would like to automatically set the value of uomid on the OrderProducts form OnLOad event. I used this technique to auto populate the Pricelist field on the order form. It works great. Using the similar jscript code for uomid, nothing happens: //set uomid with Form Onload event var oField = crmForm.all.uomid; if(!oField.DataValue) { var aoItems = new Array(); aoItems[0] = new LookupControlItem ("{F2B4D4E2-032E-DB11-B4C2-001372F61C5C}”,1055, "Each"); oField.DataValue = aoItems; } It looks like the signature of LookupControlItem for uomid is different. Can anyone help? ...