SHOW/HIDE Window

Hi,
    I'm using MFC to create one simple application with one dialog box.
    Question : How can i HIDE/SHOW this dialog box ? if HIDE, mean user cant
see that application, but, that "test.exe" program still running.

    Appreciate any help.

Regards
Yeo

0
peteryeo (1)
4/13/2004 5:53:37 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can use the ShowWindow API.

--
Jonathan Wood
SoftCircuits

"Yeo" <peteryeo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>     I'm using MFC to create one simple application with one dialog box.
>     Question : How can i HIDE/SHOW this dialog box ? if HIDE, mean user
cant
> see that application, but, that "test.exe" program still running.
>
>     Appreciate any help.
>
> Regards
> Yeo

0
jwood (1292)
4/13/2004 5:56:39 AM
Hi

Hide the window - ShowWindow(SW_HIDE)
Show the window - ShowWindow(SW_SHOW

With Regard
R.Selva

If you have a dialog app with dialog box as a modal box, you will need to
play some tricks to it to make it show/hide. This will help:

http://www.mooremvp.freeserve.co.uk/Win32/framed_tip026.htm

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

> Hi,
>     I'm using MFC to create one simple application with one dialog box.
>     Question : How can i HIDE/SHOW this dialog box ? if HIDE, mean user
cant
> see that application, but, that "test.exe" program still running.
>
>     Appreciate any help.
>
> Regards
> Yeo

0
ajaykalra (6842)
4/13/2004 7:08:36 AM
On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 00:08:36 -0700, Ajay Kalra wrote:

>http://www.mooremvp.freeserve.co.uk/Win32/framed_tip026.htm

by the way, I've moved : it's now

http://bobmoore.mvps.org/Win32/framed_tip026.htm

--
Bob Moore [WinSDK MVP]
http://bobmoore.mvps.org/

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

<Bob Moore> wrote in message
> On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 00:08:36 -0700, Ajay Kalra wrote:
>
> >http://www.mooremvp.freeserve.co.uk/Win32/framed_tip026.htm
>
> by the way, I've moved : it's now
>
> http://bobmoore.mvps.org/Win32/framed_tip026.htm
>
> --
> Bob Moore [WinSDK MVP]
> http://bobmoore.mvps.org/
> (this is a non-commercial site and does not accept advertising)
> Do not reply via email unless specifically requested to do so.
> Unsolicited email is NOT welcome and will go unanswered.

ajaykalra (6842)
4/14/2004 9:54:15 PM
On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:54:15 -0700, "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I did check the link before posting it and it
>still works.

Yep the old site is still up, specifically for folks who have direct
links to it.

>I will try to remember it next time.

Not a problem :-)

0
bobm (116)

Password Protection doesn't interop between Office for Window and Office for Mac 2004
I have an excel file that was created in Office for Windows and certain cells were password protected. When I open that same file with excel for Mac the password protection doesn't work. I tried tools>unprotect> .... I plug in the password and no luck. When I open that same excel file with another windows machine with Office for windows I'm able to access the protected cells after entering the password. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix for office for mac? I'll be forced to buy a windows version of office which would make the mac version useless. I'm currently r...

meeting invites now show up as emails only
As of very recently, Outlook invites sent from my work calendar to my home calendar (both Outlook, although work Outlook is 2003 I think) now only show up as emails, not as calendar invites. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening - it used to work just fine. Fixes? ...

OWA
I have one computer that when trying to access exchange 2003 via OWA the messages are not listed. The message count is correct and all folders are there and visible but no message list or anything in the reading pane. Anybody have a fix? Are there no replies to this? I've found several others asking the same question here and getting no answers at all. EX2K3 on Win2K3 enterprise server, problem seems to be a client one as the same mailbox can successfully be accessed from other computers and this computer has same behaviour for all mailboxes. >-----Original Message----- >I ...

Long delay in opening New Message windows
My Windows mail has recently developed the problem of taking 10 seconds or more just to open a create new message window. How do I fix this? Did you add any 3rd party software into the Add Ins -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Jembeaux" <Jembeaux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A58C3591-9431-4BDF-8D32-9ACE1E12D41E@microsoft.com... > My Windows mail has recently developed the problem of taking 10 seconds or > more just to open a create ne...

How to show the month of the referenced cell (containing a date)
If a cell holds the date "2/1/08", what formula can I use that will give me the following result: "Feb - 08" I tried =Month(a2)......but I just get the number of the month. Thanks. =TEXT(A2,"mmm - yy") Or simply =A2 with the cell custom formatted mmm - yy HTH. Best wishes Harald "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> skrev i melding news:165b03da-19ba-40b8-b9fe-77b17ef045b5@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > If a cell holds the date "2/1/08", what formula can I use that will > give me the following result: > > "Feb - 08&...

Windows Live mail not downloaded into Outlook
I have an msn account, Outlook 2007, and Outlook connector installed on a Vista machine. Recently I've had problems downloading mail to Outlook. Outlook Connector shows that Calendar and Contacts are connected, but that there is an error in connecting mail. The error message says: Error in Mail Error with Send/Receive. Look for a log in the Sync Issues folder. Not sure where the Sync issues folder is. This has occurred at least three times in the past month. Once, I deleted my msn profile and started over, but I can't figure out why it occurred or how I was able ...

PrintPreview
Hello, I developed a VC++/MFC SDI application. The program supports PrintPreview. However, I only want the user to go forward ("Next Page") and not backward ("Prev Page"). How do I hide the "Prev Page" and "Two Page" buttons? TIA, Jacques Hello All, I found a nice Print Preview replacement toolbar (with bitmap buttons) on codeguru. To hide the "Prev Page" and "Two Page" buttons, simply remove them from the CMyPreviewView::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) method. The article was written by Robin J. Leatherbarrow. Thank...

Email messages in project center not showing in Entourage inbox
I am using Entourage 2004 version 11.4.0 on a Macbook with OSX version 10.5.8. I have several projects set up in the Project Center and email from some contacts are automatically made part of the different projects. Up until last week, all of my emails were showing up in the regular Mail Inbox, with the project marked by the colored dot in the Projects column. Now, however, some emails show up in the Project Center mail window, but not in the regular Inbox view. It has caused me to miss a few emails and is getting frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this? Or does anyone know what ...

excel chart showing movable graph at what point we make a profit
in a business would like to make a chart based on accumulated Earnings & Profit/Loss for year to date, perhaps movable showing our break even point and by moving chart to a another earnings figure what profit we should make. For example put in earnings for YTD Profit/Loss YTD then I can move the earnings part of the chart to show what our profit would be for a given earnings figure. Alternatively If For example if we earn $200 for year so far and profit is $0 but any amount over that is 18% profit so I can move chart line to say $240 and it will say what profit I will make. Hope ...

Windows Live Video Chat
I have a laptop that has an integrated webcam and microphone. Well I was trying to call a friend over Windows Live Messenger and the webcam works just fine. What doesn't work is the microphone. And I don't know why. Someone help please? Any suggestions? Answers? "Wicked Sin" <WickedSin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3555EA6-82B4-4831-B70F-1FE3206CB3CD@microsoft.com... > I have a laptop that has an integrated webcam and microphone. > > Well I was trying to call a friend over Windows Live Messenger and the > webcam wor...

How to hide duplicate records but show them once
I'm trying to weed out duplicate records but I need to show them once. I can't figure out how to do this without alot of formatting and deleting. Can anyone help? See Chip Pearson's website for advice on dealing with dupes http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm "Lisa" wrote: > I'm trying to weed out duplicate records but I need to show them once. I > can't figure out how to do this without alot of formatting and deleting. Can > anyone help? if the data is in one column, highlight the column, the select Data -> Filter -> Advanced Filt...

*CANT log into Windows -please help
Hi, I need step by step instructions on how to use my recovery console CD in order to fix a problem. Here is my prob: A virus/malware scan I did probably messed up my logon file. The antivrus program either removed or quaranteined the virus/trojan that was attached to my logon file. Because when AVG prompted me to reboot after this scan, It stopped at the welcome screen logon part. I click on my user name (only one there) and it says its logging on...But then it says saving settings and nothing else happens. My machine does not reboot or anything. It just stays at this logon sc...

Windows Mail spelling control Dutch
Spelling control of my Windows Mail (Version 6.0.6000.16386 / Vista_rtm.061101-2205) is presently limited to English, French, German, Spanish. I want to include spelling control for Dutch. I received below advise, but after donwload and installation of the most recent version of Wlndows Live, no upgrade to below mentioned latest version has happened, nor is there a complement of 37 spell check languages. ********************** Make sure you have the latest version (14.0.8089.0726), and you have to be online to see the full complement of 37 spell check languages. ****************...

does publisher 2000 run on windows xp?
thanks for helping if you know the answer Yes, all versions of Publisher run on XP, Publisher 1.0 maybe the exception. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Baudouin" <Baudouin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AA35200-15D7-47F2-8471-4E6737171B6A@microsoft.com... > thanks for helping if you know the answer Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Yes, all versions of Publisher run on XP, Publisher 1.0 maybe the > exception. It runs. Not on...

Mouse scroll not working in Module window
Access97 on HP Laptop on XP Pro Since installing Office 97 on my new (replacement) laptop I find the mouse scroll button does not work in the Module window - works everywhere else in Access ok? Any ideas appreciated. Piri yeah don't use ancient software, kid "Piri" <wiremu.pareiha@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1178247184.740213.222110@y5g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... > Access97 on HP Laptop on XP Pro > Since installing Office 97 on my new (replacement) laptop I find the > mouse scroll button does not work in the Module window - works > everywhere else i...

Adobe Flash Player and 64 bit Windows 7
I am trying to view the Lulu demonstration but cannot. I am using Windows 7 and IE 64 bit and apparently I need to run the 32 bit to see the demo. I don't know how to. Any help would be appreciated. John, For the time being there is no 64-bit flash player for IE 64-bit. http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html You need to install the 32-bit flash plug-in and active-x from here: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html After that you should be able to see your demonstration using IE 32-bit in Windows 7 64-bit. Carlos "John Melchitt" wrote: > ...

will RMS 2.0 work with Windows 7
Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS are you using? Yes 2.0.0126 -- Maurice Gordon Maurice@americanretailsupply.com Sales/Support 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307 "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E0D2035-1FB0-497E-8F73-AF5FDA947E64@microsoft.com... > Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS are you > using? Hi Larry, RMS 2.0 SP2 working fine with windows 7 Vijay "Larry" wrote: > Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS ar...

How do I stop Excel from deleting the Window's Clipboard Contents
Note: This is with the Office Clipboard turned OFF! For example, If I write the following in 5 cells in Excel. [Hello ][My ][Name ][Is ][Fred ] Then I Copy (CTRL+C) the Cells: [Is ] and [Fred ] to the Clipboard... Then I press [Esc] (there are a dozen other ways to do this, but, this is the simplest) Now, I go to any cell, anywhere in my workbook, and press Paste (CTRL+V)... No Data... If I open up Notepad... Paste (CTRL+V).... No Data... Excel has *decided* for me, that I want to delete the Window's Clipboard Contents. Although I ha...

Excel 2003
There doesn't seem to be an Office 2003 group, I hope you can help, this is driving me mad! I want to open two different spreadsheets in two different instances of Excel, so I can compare them side by side without switching. Excel XP was OK, but Excel 2003 won't let me, so at the moment I've got one spreadsheet running on a different PC! I've seen a similar question asked many times, but the answer to use: Tools | Options | View Tab | Show| Windows in Taskbar does *not* fix the problem, this just lets you switch windows on the Taskbar; I want two separate windows like in X...

paste linked cells show "0"
I have a number of cells in a range (lets say A14:J52). Some of these cells are "paste linked" from cells on other sheets. Unfortunately, when the original cell is empty, the value of the "paste linked" cell shows as "0". (not just blank like the original) Is there a way to keep the "paste linked" cell showing "0"? If not, how would I go about using VBA to systematically go through the above described range and delete those zeros? At the point I ran this code, any "0" could be deleted from the range safely whether it ...

Modifying item lookup window
Is it possible to modify the item lookup window to show Description by default instead of Short Description? I know users can get to the description on that window with an additional click, but when they are doing lookups frequently that's a lot of extra clicks. Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef Hi Jim, There is a product called SmartFill that will allow you to create the lookup window for an Item anyway you want. It is relatively inexpensive, probably a little more then the cost of customizing the window. But it works with Items, Customers, Vendors, Account Numbers, Employees, etc. it a...

how to hide dropdown items according to users ?
Hi, I have created an dropdown control in contacts form. and i have 2 items in the dropdown list. now when user1 logs in i want to show only the 1st item in the dropdown control or i should able to disable the control. but when user2 logs in i should show all the items in the dropdown control. Now how to hide dropdown items according to users ? Regards, Richard, There is not supported way to do what you are asking to do. You might be able to do this by somt customizing of the XSLT's, but what happens when User 1 pulls up a record that User 2 previously set the value to the 2nd option?...

external usb HDD crashes Windows
It was supposed to be a good external HDD. after not using it for a while i connected it to two different PCs and first it is recognized and then screen goes black. both XP pro, one SP2 and the other SP3. If I leave it connected then the PC attempts to restart and crashes again. both PCs same deal. tried a different PSU and a different USB cable, same. Do not have a another enclosure, but am ordering one. It's a WD 5000AAKS not good timOleary wrote: > It was supposed to be a good external HDD. > after not using it for a while i connected it to two different PCs >...

Error 2203. An internal error has occurred. (C:\Windows\Installer\
Installing Microsoft Outlook 2007 on Windows Vista 32 SP1 products this error. Error 2203. An internal error has occurred. (C:\Windows\Installer\...) Contact Microsoft Product Support Services (PSS) for assistance. ...

Outlook 2003 Reminder Windows
In previous versions of Outlook, the reminder windows for tasks, meetings, etc. used to come up in separate windows. In 2003 they come up in one box. Is there any way to get the multiple display back? Thanks, - Eric Nope...sorry. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:176b01c46f43$c2820790$a501280a@phx.gbl, EricS wrote: > In previous versions of Outlook, the reminder windows for > tasks, meetings, etc. used to come up in separate windows. >...