Should unimplmented pure function throw a compile error?

It's been a while since I have written anything with abstract classes.
If I derive a class from my abstract class and do not implement a pure
virtual function of the base class in the derived class, shouldn't the
compiler throw an error?

--
Bruce E. Stemplewski
GarXface OCX and C++ Class Library for the Garmin GPS

yes, if you try to instantiate the class in your code it should.

"Bruce E. Stemplewski " <BruceStemplewski@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> It's been a while since I have written anything with abstract classes.
> If I derive a class from my abstract class and do not implement a pure
> virtual function of the base class in the derived class, shouldn't the
> compiler throw an error?
>
> --
> Bruce E. Stemplewski
> GarXface OCX and C++ Class Library for the Garmin GPS
> www.stempsoft.com

0
noone1 (387)

Msproject 2007 Error
you may have run out of memorey to free up available memorey , close programs, projects, or windows that you arent using please guide me how to resolve the issue ...

Out2002 Archive Error-Items could not be copied
Whenever I try to archive my Exchange Inbox with Outlook 2002, I get the following error: 'Error while archiving folder "Inbox" in store "Mailbox-< my name... >". Some items could not be copied. They were either moved or deleted, or access was denied.' The archiving activity starts up and runs for a few seconds before the error is displayed, but since I can't tell which item(s) it's failing on, I can't either remove the items or skip it/them. The same problem happens if I choose the Calendar folder individually, the Inbox individually, or...

Error while doing Roll up and Revalue Inventory in GP Manufacturin
Hi All .. Please help. I am getting an error while doing Roll up Inventory in GP Manufacturing. "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PKBomlev1'.Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.Bomlev1' " I have done Checklinks and still the error existing.. Any idea? CP.Dinesh Hi All .. Suggest a solution for this issue..I need it very urgently.. Thanks in advance. CP.Dinesh "C.P.Dinesh" wrote: > Hi All .. > Please help. > I am getting an error while doing Roll up Inventory in GP Manufact...

Function needed
I was curious if there is a formula that I can use to check if a cell contains any of the values below? "Q3", "0308", "Q#3, "0408AU", "0408SL, "0408", "0109", "0209", "0309", or "0409" Try =IF(COUNT(SEARCH({"Q3","0308","Q#3","0408AU","0408SL","0408","0109","0209","0309","0409"},A1)),"Exist","Cannot find") -- Jacob "Jen_T" wrote: > I was curious if th...

SOP Copy function should include header info
There is a checkbox when copying a sales order if you want to copy the ship-to address, but checking that box doesn't update the ship-to address at the header level, just at the line level. It should be possible to copy the address at both the header and line level. There should also be an option for copying user-defined info from the source document. -- Jim@TurboChef ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you...

wild card with if logical function #2
hi members, i need help on how to use wild cards(*/?) with if logical function is it possible to use with if logical function if yes please just tell me how to use wild cards dont tell me about alternative functions -- b166er ------------------------------------------------------------------------ b166er's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34912 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=547357 Here is one way =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("asp",C2)),"found","not found") -- HTH Bob Phillips (repla...

formula similar to "countifs" function in excel 2007
I need a formula similar to the countifs function offered in excel 2007. I'm using excel 2003 and can't upgrade to 2007. I want to add together cars at a particular location. The location names are in one column and the type of car is in another. In 2007, the formula would be =countifs(a2:a5,"new york", b2:b5,"ford"). What can I do to perform the same function in 2003? Please help. Try this: =3DSUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A5=3D"new york"),--(B2:B5=3D"ford")) Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 19, 5:13=A0pm, embee <em...@discussio...

Polcheck error in exchange 03 install
I am at the point of install now running ORGCheck before we deploy our first exchange 2003 server (co-exist w/55). We have a single domain, single forest, 2 sites. Site 1 has 2 DCs (which are also GCs) and the exchange 5.5 box. It also has the new box where exchange 2003 will be going to. From the Exchange 2003 computer (2003 member server) I ran Forest Prep and Domain Prep. The DCs are on the same switch. Site 2 has 1 DC (also gc) connected over a DSL VPN ------------ I get this error from the policy check: =============================================== Local domain is "mydom...

kernal error
i am getting Kernal errors when I open Outlook 2000 how do I correct ...

Exchange 2003 sp2 install errors...
I have posted the log below. I was trying to install this via Terminal services. I have admin privelages so Im not sure what else could cause this issue. Any help is appreciated.. administrator. [15:55:50] Leaving CAtomOMASync::ScInstallMSXML [15:55:50] ScTiServicePack2NodeUpdate (f:\tisp2\admin\src\udog\exsetdata\components\server\a_omasync.cxx:686) Error code 0XC0070668 (1640): Only administrators have permission to add, remove, or configure server software during a Terminal services remote session. If you want to install or configure software on the server, contact your...

error in information store and MTA stack
hi , i have an exchage server 2003(sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) i am getting an in the morning when i start my exchage it gives an error that on of the service is failed check in event viewr , when i see the event viewr it shows event id (9996,9096,348) and when i see the services the microsoft exchange information store is not running and microsoft exchange MTA stack, i manually start the services but they are not running , whats that prob plzz tell me the solution its urgent , , regards ALi None of those events appear to be errors. Can you confirm and post any related event...

Date functions?
What function inputs todays date but will not update to the current dat once you reopen the workbook the next day? I hope that makes sence -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Jay CTRL-; will add the Date -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jay3253 >" <<Jay3253.14cxb7@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Jay3253.14cxb7@excelforum-nospam.com... > What function inputs todays date but will not update to the current date > once you reopen the workbook the next day? I hope that makes sence. > > > --- > Message po...

Missing function in Excel 2003 #2
I have a user that is complaining about a missing function in Excel 2003. He calls it a "Coalition matrix", I have never heard of it before. He used to have it in Excel 2000. Any ideas? Hi never heard about this. Maybe he has to install the Analysis Toolpak Addin ('tools - addins'). "Galldrian" wrote: > I have a user that is complaining about a missing function in Excel > 2003. He calls it a "Coalition matrix", I have never heard of it > before. He used to have it in Excel 2000. Any ideas? > Never heard of a coalition matrix. The Analysi...

"Refreshing" functions when spreadsheet opens
The following code allows me to type =fOSUserName() in a cell and the name of the current logged on user is displayed. When someone else opens the spreadsheet, the name of the last person who opened the spreadsheet appears (not the current user as I thought) in the cell until the function is copied to a new cell, when the current logged on user's name appears in the new cell. Is there any F9-type way to refresh cells so that functions are refreshed when the spreadsheet is opened? Private Declare Function apiGetUserName Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias "GetUserNameA" (ByV...

#Value! Error when Concatenating
I am trying to concatenate two fields together. They are both numerical fields. I have never had a problem but for some reason some will work but most give me the #Value! error. I am using the 2003 version of Excel. Does anyone know why this is happening? There are no formulas in these two cells. I tried +C13&D14 and I also tried =concatenate(C13,D14) and even =concatenate(C13&D14) but I keep getting the #Value! error. Thanks Lyma, Did you try =C13&D14 ? What are in C13 and D14? Formulas? Beege "LymaBeane" <l-tater@cox.net> wrote in message news:11...

Indirect and Address Functions to Determine Schedule
I am struggling with writing an Excel formula that I would greatl appreciate some help on. In theory this sounds quite simple. I have a table which shows th progression it takes, in months, to move from one 'level' to the next. Another larger table shows how a number of 'starting' individuals woul progress through their levels based on the progression table mentione earlier. e.g. [FONT=courier new]Progression Table[/FONT] ----------------------- Months Level One 1 Level Two 2 Level Three 3 etc. Duration Table ------------------ # of People ...

Quick Campaign Error 0x80004005
Hi All, I have been trying to send Quick Campaign to all contacts in CRM system, which is about 122K. At first attempt, I try to use Quick Campaign on the whole contact list, and it turns out that the Quick Campaign runs very slow, it can only create 1-2 emails/minute. After running for 1-2 hours, the Quick Campaign failed. Then, we try to split contact using Marketing List into batches of 30K, then send Quick Campaign using first batch. It's also very slow, almost the same with previous attempt. During the processing, we monitor the CRM server, and found out that CRM Workflow Services co...

Creating user Error with windows 2008 server standard
Dear All, Im having an error creating user accouns on windows 2008 server. while im creating the following error comes Windows cannot set the password for the (User) because: The password does not meet the password policy requirments. check the minimum password length, password complexity and password history requirments. how can i overcome this issue Appriciate very much your help. Rgds Sam -- azamh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ azamh's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/220505.htm View this thread: http://f...

Add printer W2K8 error 0x00000002 (Terminal server)
When i try to add a network printer or a local printer it fails with the folowing error: 0x00000002 We have 4 terminal servers and 3 are working fine only one gives this error. I already did the folowing: Removing the printer drivers at the server. Exporting the regkey print from a good working ts to this one. Copying al driver with printmig to the bad server. System information: Windows server 20008 Service pack 2 32 bits Terminal server If someone needs more information, just ask and i will give it to you! Thanks for all your help Kindly Regards, Alex van Duist ...

Flawed scatter plot function
I always use scatter plots to visualize my data and after I upgraded to Excel 2007, something weird started to happen. What I do to is to Insert --> Scatter --> "Scatter with only markers", then I get a blank chart. Now I select the chart and type in "Series(, x range, y rang, 1)" and hit enter, now it gives me a chart with both markers and lines, so I have to go back to Insert --> scatter --> "Scatter with only markers" again and get rid of the connecting line. I'd love to hear suggestions on how to fix this, this is really annoying. I don...

Unicode compile question
To compile my app for unicode, my notes tell me where to insert _UNICODE and UNICODE so that much I understand, but I have two questions at this point. 1. When I goto the settings I found that _MBCS was already defined. I surmise I should delete this, but why was this defined as a default ? (and for my VS 6.0 version) 2. Also in my notes I have to put wWinMainCRTStartup as the entry point symbol. I am curious what is going down with this. Am I to understand that the "w" is a wide format CRT lib ? And possibly the OS loader will turn execution over th...

Error when running reports (CRM 3.0)
Hi! We're having the following problem: When clicking on "Run Reports" from a client computer, we get a "The page cannot be displayed" error. We already verify the Report Server and everything seems to be OK. We also have tested on the Virtual PC CRM Demo from Microsoft and got the same error. We noticed that the problem seems to be in the built URL, which is, for example: "http://localhost/reportserver?%2fMaeil+Consultores_MSCRM%2fLead+Source+Effectiveness" We think that it shouldn't be there "localhost" (this is why it works on the SQL...

offline error?
I'm using SBS2003 and CRM 1.2. Everything works wonderfully except the outlook offline feature. I keep getting an error indicating that it could not locate an entry in the sync database and it references "companyname_MSCRMDistribution". Any ideas? tks, Brandon is this the first client you have tried to go offline with? It may be worth tricking the SFO client to make it think you have never gone offline before. In outlook I assume you are online mode with CRM. Shut down outlook then make these registry changes to the client computers CRM registry then restart outlook and...

HELP with ERROR Message
I produced the following and am getting an ERROR message stating - Syntax error in FROM clause. Any help appreciated. Private Sub cmdOK_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdOK_Click Dim varItem As Variant Dim strWhere As String Dim strWhere1 As String Dim strWhere2 As String Dim lngLen As Long Dim strDelim As String Dim db As DAO.Database Dim qdf As DAO.QueryDef Dim strSQL As String With Me.lstGroup For Each varItem In .ItemsSelected If Not IsNull(varItem) Then strWhere1 = strWhere1 & strDelim & .ItemData(varItem) & strDel...

ActiveSheet.Paste error
I have a consolidation routine that will, if the user chooses, consolidate the output of all the sheets in our generated report onto one sheet by appending them one after the other with the ActiveSheet.Paste method. It has been working fine with no problems until one customer generated a LOT of reports which means a lot of worksheets in the book and a lot of calls to cut and paste them all onto one sheet. Through trial and error I found that my machine can handle 90 reports (90 worksheets pasted into one sheet via a loop) before the error occurs. The customer was generating 92 reports (but I d...