Setting non-rectangular clipping region without leaving gaps

I have a rectangle with a 1px black border and rounded corners drawn
with CDC::RoundRect that I want to use as a clipping region. All
drawing and filling should happen within this rectangle. So I did:

    dc.RoundRect(rectClient, CPoint(9, 9));
    CRgn rgnClip;
    rgnClip.CreateRoundRectRgn(rectClient.TopLeft().x + 1,
                               rectClient.TopLeft().y + 1,
                               rectClient.BottomRight().x,
                               rectClient.BottomRight().y,
                               9, 9);

If I don't add the +1 to the top-left coordinates, the clipping region
includes the left and top borders. However, with the 1 added, filling
operations miss out a handful of pixels in the top left and bottom left
corners.

How can I set a clipping region that corresponds exactly to the area
bounded by the rectangle borders?

Thanks,
Erik

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Documents & Settings vs. Users folders
OS: Vista Business; upgraded from Win XP Pro SP3. Joined to a WinSer 2003 domain. I just noticed that I have (near) identical files and folders in my C:\Documents and Settings folder and the C:\Users folder. Is this because it was an upgrade? Is there a way to eliminate one of them to free up some HD space? -- Mike Webb Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, Inc. a conservation non-profit (501 (c)(3)) organization Wood River, NE In article <8B0B66B9-1E62-479D-BC74-BF79A50895E6@microsoft.com>, Mike_in_Nebraska@newsgroup.nospam says... > > OS: ...

create chart from non adjacent range
I need to know how to do this Select one area, then hold CTRL while selecting the next area, etc. Then run the Chart Wizard as usual. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "rita" <rita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18C9672C-0EAB-401C-8798-4C51158EAF8B@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to do this ...

non latin characters in nvarchar
Hi NG, is there a way to select nvarchar fields, that have non latin characters ? Do I have to use UNICODE() and search for high numbers ? Regards Volker Jordan Volker Jordan (v_jordan@web.de) writes: > is there a way to select nvarchar fields, that have non latin characters ? > > Do I have to use UNICODE() and search for high numbers ? That or an expression with patindex: SELECT ... FROM tbl WHERE patindex('%[' + nchar(nnn) + '-' + nchar(65535) + ']%', col COLLATE Latin1_General_BIN2) This assumes that there i...

Can I set up a calendar lookup for date selection
Is it possible to lookup a calendar for date selection on a cell. I cannot find any reference to it in the help. try this url http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm ================= "Tangoxray" <Tangoxray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72D4DB63-1D7F-477A-93C7-2F767A207B26@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to lookup a calendar for date selection on a cell. I cannot > find any reference to it in the help. ...

Outlook does not d/l entire imap message, though it is set to
I am using Outlook 2007 and am having trouble getting it to consistently download an entire message instead of just the headers. I went into Define Send/Receive Groups to specify the particular folder in question, and selected it as being one for which all items incl. attachments should be completely downloaded. However, many times it only grabs the header. Is this a bug? And how can I make it always download the complete item? Thanks, Garrett "Garrett" <Garrett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:710C17CC-B12C-452F-BF95-DC2317E572A6@microso...

Extract account set info in FRx?
Does anyone know how to extract all the account set definitions in FRx to a file? I've set up so many of these it would be nice to be able to dump them off so I can keep better track of them. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 ...

video streaming in intranet , without buffering
Hi, I am trying to bulid an application in VC++ .NET in which a server will send data for video files that contains audio/Video or both. and at cient side i want the video to be played back without buffering. the communication is unicast and in a Intranet, NOT internet. plz tell me where to start and how to go about it regards ...

How to Clear or Reconcile without right-click
How does one Clear or Reconcile the currently selected transactcion without going through the tedium of right- clicking and selecting Mark As -> Cleared (or Reconciled)? Thanks CTRL-SHIFT-M "MoneyUser" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a72401c41db7$b7003000$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How does one Clear or Reconcile the currently selected > transactcion without going through the tedium of right- > clicking and selecting Mark As -> Cleared (or Reconciled)? > > Thanks In microsoft.public.money, MoneyUser wrote: >How does one Cl...

Send email without read access for queues
I got the problem that a user should be able to send emails with the webclient but he should not be able to see the defined queues. Thats not possible. In my opinion it does not make sense at all that you need read privileges on queues to send emails out of the web client. That should be changed. My suggestions are: 1. Let users send emails when they have the privilege to create activities. or 2. Define a new privilege for sending emails AND (I find that one pretty important) 3. Show only those items in the queue that a user has at least read privileges for. In my case the user doe...

How do I set a Word doc to always print manual feed?
In Word 2003, you'd go to page setup, paper source. I can't find anything comparable in 2007. I print a lot of labels & letterhead & need this. The dialog is the same - click the arrow bottom right of the Page Setup Group on the Page Layout tab. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>&...

How do I set up an out of office auto response?
Hi: I'm a new user to Outlook and I was trying to initiate an "out of office response"/auto reply for one of my colleagues. Can you help me out? Thank you so much. JenniferC <JenniferC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi: > I'm a new user to Outlook and I was trying to initiate an "out of > office response"/auto reply for one of my colleagues. Can you help > me out? Thank you so much. http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Brian Tillman Yet another stupid question what is the OOA & how do I enable it? "Brian Tillman&qu...

Printing without certain text (i.e., answers, notes)
Does anyone know an easy way to print two versions of a document? For example, I need to print a student version without answers and instructor's notes. Thanks, TM One way would be to use a style (call it Answers for example), when you want to print out the students copies change the color of the style Answers to white. That should do it. "TM" <t_mccollough@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e6czHS2YDHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know an easy way to print two versions of a document? For > example, I need to print a student version without answers an...

How to enter e-mail or WWW addresses without becoming active hyperlinks?
Hi all; I am just trying to create a list of e-mail and www addresses in M Excel OSX for the Mac. I do not want these addresses to be active link at all (i.e. totally non-active so when I click on them I do not star up my email or www browser). I simply want a "text" list that I ca edit and so forth. I have tried various formatting and hyperlin options without any luck. Any suggestions? Thanks all. Dea -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi You should type a ' before the entry. That tells Excel not to autoformat it. Another way is to hit Ctrl Z after it form...

I need a rectangular label set for a DVD case.
not the square ones... but one that's rectangular, approx 7.25 x 5.25 inches. Thanks!! debbieT debbie@truesoaps.com ...

Deploying Report Manager with SSL leaves Help pages as http
Hi, I have an SQL 2005 Reporting Services box that is firewalled and only accessible via https. Reporting Services are therefore configured to require SSL connections (required for 3- All SOAP APIs). This is working perfectly. Unfortunately, the help pages are still advertised with an http link. This doesn't work due to the firewalls and produces an error message. There is a workaround - the users can manually edit the url in the address bar and then the help pages are accessed fine with https. In other words, IIS is correctly serving the https format, but the Reporting Se...

Finding Desktop region in MFC
I am working on a commercial application, and recently discovered a bug I have been asked to fix (they threw it back in my lap). Run the application on a 2-monitor system, such as a laptop in a dock with an external monitor. Drag the main window to the second (non-taskbar) window and quit. Now move the laptop to a different dock with the second menu on the other side (or without a second monitor at all) and launch the app. Oops. The app continues to want to go on the side it was last put, even though there is now no monitor there. (Yes, my dock in the office and at home have the second ...

Select Records that fall in an external set of ranges (subquery)
HiI have not done subqueries before so I am a bit confused. I have twotables1 - Phone Numbers - (converted to be numeric) (with other fields forlater) and2 - Exchange codes - multiple entries for code with 3 fields -Exchange name (duplication) - Start Range and End Range.I want to return a list of phone numbers that fall into the range fora certain exchange.For example - MRSPOO has 4 entries in the Exchange Table with 4distinct ranges. 200-299, 307-788, 997-1102 and 2036-6698. I would like to be able to return all the phone numbers for a singleexchange code that I would select (using a query...

security setting for PO comments
Using GP 9.0 i am trying to allow my purchasing people to add comments to the PO. Apparently they do not have security access to the comment area and I can not figure out specifically where in advanced security this clearance is granted. Typically, they should be able to select from pre-written comments on the PO form. To create new comments, they need access to the Create New Comment window. Sorry, I dont have a copy of 9 on my laptop to give you the exact window location in AS but this might get you headed in the right direction. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 200...

How can I set the padding to zero if the document is pdf?

Setting up email to work
I created a webpage for my company and when I created the send button I went into Format Form Properties and selected Submit and then went to Form Properties. I then selected Send Data to me in Email and entered in a valid Email. However when I go to test the web page and I enter in the required information and I click Send I get a The Page Cannot Be Displayed error and HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed. What do I do? Reference: "Publisher web publication forms 101": http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx DavidF "Russ" <Russ@discussions.mic...

Relocate My Outlook Look / Excel Settings
I have changed my system because of some unavoidable reason. I was using Windows 2000. And still using win 2000 How can I transfer my outlook settings (look, style, groupings, contacts, calendar, OE settings with Newsgroups ...in short all settings related to outlook & outlook express). Also If possible kindly tell me how can i transfer MS Office settings in general to my new system. Please please any suggestions / advices regarding relocation from old-system to new-system will be highly appreciated. Regards, Murtaza Hi Murtaza, That's a pretty good situation, two systems that w...

Email from non-CRM contact
I am getting ready to start customizing CRM for a Service implementation. The majority of support requests will come via email queues. Users will then convert to a case. About 80% of the emails will come from CRM contacts. The other 20% will come from non-CRM contacts. What is the best way to manage these emails? IE: do we have to create a CRM contact before creating the case? If not, can we just associate the case to the Account and list the originating email address directly on the case form? How are other people handling this scenario? ...

Customization option disappears under settings
Sometimes when we are logged onto Web crm we can see the customizations button on the navigation pane under settings. Other times it has disappeared altogether and the only way to get it back is to delete the temporary internet files. Does anyone know of a permanent solution for this? I assume this is CRM4. Do you also have CRM Outlook client on this machine? I have found that the Customisations option is not always avaliable in the outlook client, and if you have opened outlook before opening the web, the option will not be in the web client. You can change this my editing the isv.c...

Setting x-axis crosses with VBA
I have a chart that at the moment has a vertical range from -70 to -92. I'm trying to set the horizontal axis to cross at the minimum value, in this case -92. Using With ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue) .Crosses = xlMinimum It crosses at -70. If I use xlMaximum I get the same thing. Using .Crosses = xlCustom .CrossesAt = -92 it crosses at -92. however, I need it to be dynamic so the x-axis labels stay below the data field. Am I using xlMinimum in a place it cannot be used? Any help will be appreciated. In the format axis dialog, there is no way to specify tha...

How turn on Classic Pivot Table Settings
How does one turn on Classic Piviot Table Setting from Excel 2007. ...