SetLayeredWindowAttributes can it be (LWA_ALPHA | LWA_COLORKEY)

Seems that acording to the on-line docs, you can do (LWA_ALPHA |
LWA_COLORKEY) to cause BOTH an alpha blend with specified value, AND a color
key.

In my scenario, I use RGB(0,0,0) {black} as the transparent key, and want to
have a border and keep-out areas in a dialog that also has a specified alpha
blend.

Using one or the other works fine, just not at the same time. The LWA_ALPHA
seems to take priority over the COLORKEY.

Any ideas?  Bob Scheffler
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Where can I find the file ABC Sales.xls used in the Book "Running.
I have just purchased "Running Microsoft Excel2000". It gives me an address to where I can get the files used in the examples, I just can't find them. The address given is http://mspress.microsoft.com/mspress/products/2050. I would appreciate any help you can give me. camper56 wrote: || I have just purchased "Running Microsoft Excel2000". It gives me an || address to where I can get the files used in the examples, I just || can't find them. The address given is || http://mspress.microsoft.com/mspress/products/2050. I would || appreciate any help you can give me....

Can not view reports
We have 1 user who can not see the reports. Gets a generic error message "an rerror has occured" when he selects the reports. He is set to system administrator role. Everyone else is fine. Help see is he able to access http://server/reportserver also use Report Server configuration Wizard to configure reports. Install Rollup update 2. If all ok, send me error log plz -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "royst" wrote: > We have 1 user who ca...

how can i get bigger letters
i cannot see the letters very well can i enlarge them Yes. Use the Zoom tool (location depends on your version of Word... an essential piece of information you didn't mention in your question). Or, if you have a wheel mouse, Ctrl+Wheel zooms. -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word Bible Blog: http://word.herbtyson.com Web: http://www.herbtyson.com "rabburns" <rabburns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A4DB522-4044-47D2-8FB3-33F18FE3D214@microsoft.com... > i cannot see the letters very well can i enlarge them ...

Invalid Circles
Excel 2003, I'm doing some data comparison via macros and would like to flag problem cells using the validation circles. Previously I used cell shading for highlighting, but this would remove user shading. Can I select a cell and place a Invalid Circle around it? Is this possible? Suggestions appreciated. - Pat Try: Sub circleIt() ActiveSheet.CircleInvalid End Sub -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "Dreiding" wrote: > Excel 2003, I'm doing some data comparison via macros and would like to flag > problem cells using the validation c...

Outlook 2000 -- Send, but can't receive
As a Comcast customer, i regularly send group e-mails to a list we maintain for anothe rorganization. Abide by the rules of Comcast and am listed as a bulk mailer to avoid their blocking my sends. However, in the past 2-3 months as the largest group is send will hit a point where I receive the following message: The message could not be sent because it rejected you as the sender. Server Response: ‘550 69.139.38.136 blocked by ldap:ou=rbl,dc=comcast,dc=net - > 550 Message sending error. Please go to http://faq/comcast.net/faq/answer.jsp?name=1786cat=Securitysubcategory=Spam )Account...

Can mark unread email as "read"
My Outlook 2000 mailbox (connecting to a Exchange 5.5 Server) displays two unread mail items, but all items have been read. Marking all items as read does not unmark them. Any ideas? Doesn't help. The unread message shows up and cannot be marked "read". "Cris Spencer" <Outlooktech@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#12FBGjUDHA.1052@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > View, current view, Unread messages? > > > "Spin" <spin@spin.com> wrote in message > news:bfpipi$hpdjh$1@ID-156865.news.uni-berlin.de... > > My Outlook 2000 mailbox ...

how can I open a file with a .pub extension (w/o Publisher)?

Can I use named range in data range box when creating pie chart?
I have 75 pie charts to create today. Is there a way to use named ranges in the data range box to speed this up? Yes. Just type in the name. -- George Nicholson Remove 'Junk' from return address. "BJackson" <BJackson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DE9A0AD-C3BA-4242-B3BA-3CC3F0D87894@microsoft.com... >I have 75 pie charts to create today. Is there a way to use named ranges >in > the data range box to speed this up? Thank you! I was making it too difficult, thinking I needed to include the Sheet name along with the name range. ...

This might seems like a strange question but a Thread can'r run if the main Thread stops
Hi! I just want to make sure that have understood this correct. If the main thread stop than all other thread will stop and the application will exit. So without having a main thread running it's impossible to use any other threads. //Tony On 14-05-2010 20:39, Tony Johansson wrote: > I just want to make sure that have understood this correct. > If the main thread stop than all other thread will stop and the application > will exit. > > So without having a main thread running it's impossible to use any other > threads. Not true. Threads...

Help! Can't import Sent Folder from Yahoo
Hi. I was setting up Outlook 2000 when it suddenly began importing all of my messages from the inbox folder of my Yahoo account, some 700 in all. I panicked when I saw it was starting to erase the messages from Yahoo so stopped the process. Now I can't figure out a way to import the messages from my Sent Folder in Yahoo into Outlook. When I archived them and zipped them per Yahoo instructions and dragged the unzipped msgs into Outlook, when I tried to click on a message, it was opened up (or attempted to) in Outlook Express. Does anyone have insight on this?? Thanks. Try YahooPOP...

Can I designate one our computers to be the Outlook server?
I'm new to using Outlook at home and definitlely a novice a terminology but here goes ..... We use Outlook 2003. We have two computers - a PC and a notebook. I would like to set up the notebook as our Outlook "server" (have all e=mail traffic come through it and be disributed to the PC into "mailboxes or "accounts" or files, whatever the term for all family members. Can this be done and how? Outlook is a client, not a server, so, no, you cannot set up Outlook to receive mail then deliver to various mailboxes. You would need server software to do this. H...

How can I use minutes and seconds
I'm trying to create a spreadsheet (Excel97) to calculate average handl time for a call center. Each entry will be in minutes and seconds. N matter what cell format I seem to choose, it just converts the entr into a time of day, which is not what I need. I want to enter the data as follows. 8:14 - (this would be 8 mintues, 14 seconds) I'd like to be able to sum and average the numbers as well (all i minutes and seconds), but getting the format correct is causin difficulty. Any help would be most appreciated, thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It works fin...

How can I find how many exchange servers in an organization
Hi All, By programmatically, is there any way to find how many Microsoft Exchange Server is the Organization. (i.e. In big organization there will me more than one Exchange Server, I have to find how many exchange servers and also like to get the IP of each exchange server). Thanks in advance. Manu. It should be fairly simple via a script to do this, but why not use ExchDump to get loads of useful info (including the number of Exch servers)? Link is here: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2004/03/microsoft_downl.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, an...

Restored GP 8.0 from server crash, users can't log in and SA oddit
The server that hosts GP 8.0 crashed, we had a backup and restored it. Upon boot SQL 2000 was giving us issues, we had to reinstall it to get it running again. The GP 8.0 DB's were reattached. I can see the users in their respective DB's from Enterprise Manager but when I attempt to log in as said users, it gives the dreaded: "Your SQL Server login record is not a valid user record in Great Plains. Enter a different login, or contact your Great Plains system administrator." Right now the only account that lets me on is the SA but even so, whenever I attempt to do ...

Outlook 2003 can't connect to Exchange 2003; Check Name Error!
I get the following error message when i try to setup outlook with an exchange server account; "The action could not be completed. The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." I have a Small Business Server 2003 setup on our local network with around 17 or more client computers. The Computers are either windows 2000 or XP running outlook 2000 / 2003. All computers have successfully connected to the exchange server except one. The problem computer is runnning windows xp pro with outlook 2003 installed ...

Can you display Recently Opened documents at the bottom of the File menu?

Can delegate receive only OOO notices pertaining to meeting reques
We use OL2007, Exchange 2007. I have an employee, Jane, who is a delegate to her boss, John. They are asking if there is a way for Jane to receive only those out-of-office notices generated when Jane sends out a meeting request for her boss. The boss DOES wants to receive all the other OOO notices, those generated when he sends out regular email. Is there a way to make this happen? I know we can setup a rule to forward all OOO notices to another person, but I do not see a way to make know if it was a regular message or a meeting request that was sent to make the OOO notice g...

Can 2 pages of Microsoft office publisher be sent as an email mess
I have produced a 2 page newsletter, but when I email it as a message only the page that I'm viewing arrives. If I'm viewing page 1, it goes but not page 2. If I'm on page 2 it will be sent but not page 1. I would like my clients to get both pages as a message that they can read by scrolling down without having to open an attachment or receive 2 emails. Robert Send your recipients a PDF attachment, much safer and it will arrive just as you composed the newsletter. If you have 2007 Microsoft has a free save as PDF add-in https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Family...

how can i use headed house paper as stationery in outlook
Hi, I am trying to scan a headed piece of A4 headed paper which i can use a stationery in outlook in office std 2003. Can i scan it or do i build from design programme and what type of file jpeg ,bmp or ?? ...

how can I save a publisher created logo in picture format?
I've created a logo in MS Publisher. How can I save the logo in picture format so that it can be inserted into other programs? GEL <GEL@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I've created a logo in MS Publisher. How can I save the logo in > picture format so that it can be inserted into other programs? What version of Publisher are you using? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Ed Bennett" wrote: > GEL <GEL@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > > I've created a logo in MS Publ...

Can a non-admin force the check in of one of their projects on Pro
Not sure whether this is a stupid question, but we are using impersonation to check out a project to a certain user. As the project is checked out in a different session, when the user is ready to work on the project they will need to force check in and then re-check out the project. Is this possible for a non-admin to do? And if so, how would we do this? We're using Project Server 2007 On Mar 9, 9:18=A0am, Hutchingsj <Hutchin...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Not sure whether this is a stupid question, but we are using impersonatio= n to > check out a pro...

Can I, and how?
I have a chart that's *almost* exactly what I want. However... 1.) value range displayed My values range from 9.5 up to 68 inches. Excel insists on setting the chart to 0 (zero) thru 80. (Currently the zero is technically valid I guess, as I haven't filled in all the data. There *are* some zero values...which shouldn't be zero.) Can I force Excel to use a range of 9.0 thru 70, rather than what *IT* wants to do? How? 2.) series names displayed On the screen, my eleven (11) 'X' axis labels are displayed normally (horizontilly). When I print my graph however, Exce...

Can't delete e-mail #2
I am desperate -- I have not been able to delete several messages from my inbox. I get the message: The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, please restart Outlook. I really need to get rid of the old e-mail since the Inbox is filling up like crazy. Please, can anyone help me? It's a shot in the dark but have you tried running ScanPST.exe on your PST file? "Alyssa" <info@advol.com> wrote in message news:06a901c366c0$b558b730$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am desperate -- > > I have not been able to delete several message...

can't move pagebreaks
I am hoping someone can help me with my problem. Recently my Excel starting acting funny. When in page break view I cannot move the page break with my cursor. Also, when I am wanting to edit the range of cells in a formula. I normally click on the first cell referenced in the formula bar and a blue box will highlight the selected cells on the worksheet. I will then use my mouse to drag and resize the box around the appropriate cells that I am wanting in the range in the formula. Now I can no longer do that. I would appreciate any help anyone can give! Jayphx Tools|Options|Edit tab Che...

Auto-categorizing email messages on move-to-folder
OK, I give up - I am not smart enough on my own, time to tap the smart ones ... So, here's the thing: I am using a Utility called Nelson Email Organizer (search and organize work-along), and like it a lot, BUT, I want to make it play nicer with Outlook folders. NEO does not (Currently) have away to show a column with the folder name, but DOES have a way to show a column with the category. So, I want to attach to each mail message a category that shows which folder it is in. I can do this for incoming messages to Inbox by the rules wizard, but I can see no way to re-assign the category w...