Service packs for vc7.1 2003? And how to report "Compiler Fatal Error"?

Have there been any service packs to .NET 2003 vc7.1? I haven't come
across any, but perhaps I don't know where to look. There was a SP
every year or so for vc6 until 2002 or so, so I would expect there to
be one or more service packs for vc7.1.

I've tried many times to use the IDE's Help + Check For Updates, but
get an error message when I try this.

I got a "Compiler Fatal Error" with code using vc7.1. The code has a
syntax error which is detected and reported by vc6 and vc8. Is there a
place to report this vc7.1 problem, or is this a "who cares"? Does
Microsoft maintain vc7.1?

struct s_testMatchCount_OK {
   int   expectedMatchCount;
   const char* pPattern;
};

struct s_testMatchCount_OK m_testMatchCount[] = {
   {930,  "hello"},
   {3561, "goodbye"},
   {343,  "test"}
};

typedef struct {
   int   expectedMatchCount;
   char* pPattern;
} s_testMatchCount_BAD;

//  <<< next line causes Compiler Fatal Error with vc7.1 >>>
struct s_testMatchCount_BAD m_testMatchCount[] = {
   {930,  "hello"},
   {3561, "goodbyd"},
   {343,  "test"}
};

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
   return 0;
}

0
l_d_allan (35)
2/25/2006 3:55:56 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> I got a "Compiler Fatal Error" with code using vc7.1. The code has a
> syntax error which is detected and reported by vc6 and vc8. Is there a
> place to report this vc7.1 problem, or is this a "who cares"? Does
> Microsoft maintain vc7.1?

There are no current service packs for VC2003, but I have heard that
there will be one released in the following months.

you can submit bug reports, feature requests etc on the following website:
http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/

If it is a bug then post a link to it so that we can validate it and vote
for it.

--

Kind regards,
    Bruno.

Lynn Allan wrote:
> Have there been any service packs to .NET 2003 vc7.1? I haven't come
> across any, but perhaps I don't know where to look. There was a SP
> every year or so for vc6 until 2002 or so, so I would expect there to
> be one or more service packs for vc7.1.

Yes, they called it VS2005 and you have to buy it