Serial Communication How to get the baud rate of the device connected

Dear friends,
  this question could be stupid ....but intresting !!!!!!!!!!!!!
the query is -----> i have few devices all of them use the same
communication protocol(custom made not standard one). but connect at
different baud rate now the problem is that i dont know the device
connected at which baud rate so how can i know the baud rate of the
device connected at serial port.......................
again different explation----->>>> there is only one application which
intrect with different devices at different baud rate but same
communication protocol so how can i open the port at that particular
baudrate where that device connected ....
is there any solution for that particular problem.............how to
get the baud rate of the device connected

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi,

The only way to do it is if your protocol responds to certain messages in a
certain way that you can expect. If so, then write an auto baud function in
your app that starts at a baud rate and sends one of these messages and then
waits for the reply. If the baud rates don't match i.e. your incoming parser
doesn't get the message it was expecting within a certain time limit, then
repeat the process using other baud rates until it does...or doesn't. I've
been successful with this auto baud test. It shouldn't take more than 10-15
seconds or so, worst cast (i.e. you start at the wrong baud rate and connect
at the last one that you try, assuming you are using all of the standard
RS-232 baud rates.

Bob

"bharat" <bharat.consultant@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Dear friends,
>  this question could be stupid ....but intresting !!!!!!!!!!!!!
> the query is -----> i have few devices all of them use the same
> communication protocol(custom made not standard one). but connect at
> different baud rate now the problem is that i dont know the device
> connected at which baud rate so how can i know the baud rate of the
> device connected at serial port.......................
> again different explation----->>>> there is only one application which
> intrect with different devices at different baud rate but same
> communication protocol so how can i open the port at that particular
> baudrate where that device connected ....
> is there any solution for that particular problem.............how to
> get the baud rate of the device connected

0
bsagusti1 (31)
3/1/2006 12:09:17 PM
Really!!! is this the only way i am doing the same but as you said its
a time consuming process and i want do do it fast there must be some
other way available to this problem because i heard about it but i dont
remember what exectly it is.....it is some how related to overlaped I/O
where we can check the status of the commport...i suppose .....by the
thanks but if have some thing other then that please let me know....

2004 trial, how do I get rid of it?
My trial is over, and I want my Money 2002 back. Does anyone know how I can do that? The easiest way is to use control panel->add/remove programs to remove the 2004 trial pieces (there are two programs to uninstall). Then reinstall 2002 and use the backup file created when you first installed Money 2004 - it'll be named something like My Money.M10. Any transactions entered in the trial which you want to keep will need to be re-entered into the 2002 version, as you can't downgrade a file from 2004 to 2002. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.co...

!!HELP!!! Cannot connect to Exchange Server from a RDP, ICA session or server local machine
Please excuse the posting as I wasn't sure which group to post this in. I'm having issues using Outlook from a server desktop, an RDP or ICA connection. I have remote users who connect using Citrix. They logon to the Citrix server desktop (Windows 2003 Server) and use Outlook from there. They can also use Outlook from within Citrix as it is a Published Application. I know some of you are going to suggest why don't they use OWA but let's not get into that. I can log onto any workstation here in the office and connect to the Exchange server and open their Outlook. What I and they...

Connect/work offline/cancel message
In outlook 2003 connecting to SBS/Exchange 2003 server, get message: Exchange is currently in recovery mode you can connect, work offline, or cancel. This is only happening in a few computers on the network after implementing SBS 2003 with Outlook and Exchange 2003. ...

Where to get missing msvcp70.dll?
After I uninstalled a bunch of software, when I run an app it says app failed because msvcp70.dll was not found. Re-installing that app does not help. I guess I need to restore the missing msvcp70.dll. What is the official way to get it? Some sites offer this file for download but I'm not sure the files are genuine. In my system32 folder there is msvcp50.dll, msvcp60.dll, msvcp71.dll, but no msvcp70.dll. It is not in the recycle bin either :( "james" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:#XS21G1gKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > After I un...

get rid of macro option at startup
I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable or disable macros) when I open the file? Is there a way to get rid of this since I no longer have macros in this file? Thanks. Brad You need to delete the empty module.! Bill K "Brad Rench" <brench@comcast.net> wrote in message news:kSOdnb0Jjst9afaiXTWJkg@comcast.com... > I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. > > Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable > or disable macros) when I o...

AOL IMAP account
I have set up AOL email account as IMAP type and keep getting pop up in outlook " your IMAP server wants to alert you the following: Can't read attachment for message 6438. this pops up for many times and each time the number is different. new profile same issue. Office Version:Office 2007 Operating System:Windows Vista / Windows 7 - same issue. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently p...

Internet connection problem
Hi. I hope someone is able to cast some light on a problem. We have a home network (all computers running XP) some wired and some wireless. For about a month now we have intermittent connection problems in that any one computer (randomly) will not connect to internet. I think all of the computers have suffered from the problem. Rebooting the affected computer makes no difference but rebooting the router can sort it until the next time. Even my mobile phone occasionally cannot connect. In Firefox the message is just "server not found". Pinging an IP address results in a time...

Exchange 2003 SP1 to get DST patch & Exchange 2000 patch is available to anyone for $4,000
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C746B0.CFF31030 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable http://blogs.technet.com/hied_west_blog/archive/2007/02/01/dst-2007-updat= e-outlook-time-zone-data-update-tool-released-february-1-2007.aspx In the "New Highlights" section: "Exchange Server 2003 SP1 will now be = supported for an updated version of the Exchange CDO patch to be = released shortly." and "DST Hotfixes for products in Extended Support can now be purchased for = ...

Getting kicked of outlook2003
Every time I print directly after I get kicked offline Do you mean that Outlook closes? "jp614" <jp614@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:150AB89F-0A3D-4D31-B2EF-0E3E1A852199@microsoft.com... > Every time I print directly after I get kicked offline No, It completely boots me off the network. When I loose connection to Outlook it takes my computer offline--looses connection... "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote: > Do you mean that Outlook closes? > > "jp614" <jp614@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > ...

3rd party server for connection okay?
We had a network guy come in and try to configure our network - 3 stores and HQ in seperate locations. Because of our router and dsl configuration, vpn would not work. He set up an outside ip address (dnsdyn.org) in order to have the stores and HQ talk. Still not working! ARGH!!!!!!! In the store it shows a connection but then states invalid store id. The store id is correct. In the HQ client the address is the ip address of the outside source and the port? Anyone know why this isn't working and have any suggestions???? Thank you! Are you sure the Store ID is correct? Does the messa...

get rid of extra spaces between paragraphs worked only once.
Changed style from Word 7 to Word 3, used help online, but still have 2 left with spaces I cannot get rid of on my last page. Got any help for me? -- Only fools and bigots prefer French over Spanish to be taught in public or private schools. In the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), right-click the style name and choose Modify from the context menu. In the Modify Style dialog box, click Format, Paragraph. Make sure that Line Spacing is what you want, and that Spacing Before and Spacing After are both set to zero. Click OK. To transfer the style definition to the attached template, d...

Can't connect to Exchange server after VPN access
I can connect to my office Exchange server when in the office (LAN) but I cannot connect outside with Outlook. I can only use the webmail after entering a web VPN access: - First portal for VPN : https://xxx.yyy.com --> I enter my user_VPN/password_VPN - On the next web page, I have the choice for the webmail and it's a link as https://xxx.yyy.com/go/webmail.yyy.com~ssl where I can enter my user_mail/password_mail So I can't enter the url in RPC as every slash is forbidden In my Outlook, the Exchange server (EXC.yyy.com) is not reachable by ping (or tracert) and I can't ...

Get firefox- The fastest web browser in the world!
FireFox is a web browser created by Mozilla,it's the fatest web browser in whole world download now from site: http://hot-firefox.blogspot.com/ joke-master wrote: > FireFox is a web browser created by Mozilla,it's the fatest web > browser in whole world > download now from site: > http://hot-firefox.blogspot.com/ > If you don't mind it's memory leaks. If you re-boot each day it may not be a problem for you. Al ...

Can we get newsgroups with Windows Live Mail?
Currently we have WindowsXP, SP3, OE. How will Windows7 get newsgroups? Will these be part of "Windows Live Mail" as they are in OE? Please help, Frank Newsgroups work virtually the same in WLMail as they do in OE. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message news:uybUM2d2KHA.2284@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Currently we have WindowsXP, SP3, OE. > > How will Windows7 get newsgroups? Will these be part of "Windows Live > Mail" as they ...

Sending multiple Emails so each person does not get the list
We want to send out multiple emails to several email accounts. We dont want the accounts to see the list of accounts that the email went to. How does one do this in Outlook? In any contacts folder, Tools | Mail Merge is the best choice. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "tom" <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote in message = ...

connection lost
Periodically we loose our connection to the database. It occurs upon opening in the morning when we boot up the computer. There is not an occurring factor that contributes to this. I can fix it one of two ways: 1.Sometimes rebooting simply fixes the problem 2.Other times I have to go into Administrator, check the DB connection, and test the db connection. Does anyone have any advice on this or is anyone else having this problem? Thanks! -- Elizabeth M. begin 666 p.gif M1TE&.#EAH0`1`( ````3S/___R'Y! $```$`+ ````"A`!$```+_C(^IR^T/ MHYRTVHNSWKS[#X9B!I0.D...

How do I get outlook 2002 to stop forwarding mail to my blackberr.
I had my outlook e-mail forwarding to my blackberry through vzw.blackberry.net, but when I switched to a different cellphone, my outlook continues to try to forward my mail and sends out responses that the e-mail is undeliverable. How do I get outlook 2002 to stop forwarding my mail? "MSOB" <MSOB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6EC7EB6-1118-455E-AD62-6DE3D8A3A19E@microsoft.com... >I had my outlook e-mail forwarding to my blackberry through > vzw.blackberry.net, but when I switched to a different cellphone, my outlook > continues to try...

MS Query
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3998F.CE542560 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Currently I have a number of MS Queries connected to an Oracle DB = through the ODBC. We have had to change the user name and password for = accessing the database so I need to change the queries. How? The ODBC setup on the PC has been changed but each of the queries still = access via the original id, is there a way in the query editor to change = these details? --=20 Regards Dean=20 dkso@ntlworld.com...

My Device detects as MTP(auto play pops up too) and WMP11 opens,but does not show the device in the Sync Tab
I have a device which when connected to the Windows XP host ( with Service Pack 3 and WMP11 installed), would result in the auto play option coming up asking how to open"View files,Open with Windows Media player to sync) and when I select the WMP option, WMP11 opens up but the device is not listed in the Sync tab. On further fiddling, what i see if i set the following keys in the registry under HKLM\SYSTEM \currentcontrolset\enum\usb\vid_xxx&pid_xxx\xxx\Device Parameters ( here xxx refers to vid,pid and the serialnumber values which are irrelevant here): EnableLegacySupport...

Exchange 2003 is getting hit hard as a relay
I am looking for the correct settings to stop my home exchange server from being a mail relay. What i am seeing? I see many emails sent out to people that show it was sent from my email address. I thought Exchange 2003 did not allow this by default? Please help. Exchange 2k3 isn't an open relay by default. Do you have Exchange aware antivirus software? Have you tried turning off authenticated relay in your SMTP server settings as well? Jeremy Hillin wrote: > I am looking for the correct settings to stop my home exchange server > from being a mail relay. > > What i am s...

Can't connect to server
In the last several days, my email account has stopped allowing me to SEND email. [I can still RECEIVE email]. I've made sure that my settings in Outlook 2003 [running Windows XP, SP2] are correct. When I try to send email, here's the message I get: Task “mail.---.edu” – Sending reported error (0x800CCC7D) : Your outgoing server does not support SSL-secured connections. . . I then tried to send test emails [under Tools / Email Accounts / Change / Test Account Settings. Here are the messages I received: Send test e-mail message: The specified server was found, but there was no...

Outlook no connection
I have a network with Windows 2003 Server and Exchange Server 2003, one of the clients who uses Outlook 2003 has a problem, it prevent me to create new rules for messages, the message that pops is something like "the file outlook.0st it'not a file of folders without connection". Any idea what's the problem is and how to fix it? Thanks in advance Have you tried creating a new Offline Folders file? <huaing@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158061032.292879.18000@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... >I have a network with Windows 2003 Server and Exchange Server 2003, o...

office sr1--how do I get it?
Can anyone tell me how to get Office 2000 SR1, 2? I went to the office web site and ordered it but I got a few days later saying my order has been cancelled. Does anyone have it? I have SR3 (got that easy as pie). My wife and I have been having weird things going on with Outlook (constant crashing and error report dialog boxes appearing--fortunatey, we can still work with those boxes up, but it's annoying). http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2000/journ/sr1a.htm Don't forget the additional updates available ;-) -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Offi...