Seperate document for Splitter views

Hi
My app shows 2 graph views seperated by a splitter.

The base graphview class is the same say CGraphView

if i use
splitter.CreateView(0,0,RUNTIME_CLASS(CGraphView)...
splitter.CreateView(0,1,RUNTIME_CLASS(CGraphView)...

they both use the same document class

but i need them to show graphs frm different docs

if i make 2 objects of the CGraphView
how can i use the objects as CRuntimeClass*???
is there any other solution.

rgds
fordge

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

fordge wrote:
> Hi
> My app shows 2 graph views seperated by a splitter.
>
> The base graphview class is the same say CGraphView
>
> if i use
> splitter.CreateView(0,0,RUNTIME_CLASS(CGraphView)...
> splitter.CreateView(0,1,RUNTIME_CLASS(CGraphView)...
>
> they both use the same document class
>
> but i need them to show graphs frm different docs
>
> if i make 2 objects of the CGraphView
> how can i use the objects as CRuntimeClass*???
> is there any other solution.
>
> rgds
> fordge

Use a class you derive from CSplitterWnd.  You will have to write your
own version of splitter.CreateView within it, adapting the MFC source code.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott
10/8/2004 12:52:29 PM
They both might use the same document *class*, but they can still use
different documents (in other words, different objects of your document
class, with different data for viewing and graphing).

Is that what you want/mean?  Or do you really want the views to be
associated with different classes of documents?

Mike

"fordge" <tulipsculptor@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> My app shows 2 graph views seperated by a splitter.
>
> The base graphview class is the same say CGraphView
>
> if i use
> splitter.CreateView(0,0,RUNTIME_CLASS(CGraphView)...
> splitter.CreateView(0,1,RUNTIME_CLASS(CGraphView)...
>
> they both use the same document class
>
> but i need them to show graphs frm different docs
>
> if i make 2 objects of the CGraphView
> how can i use the objects as CRuntimeClass*???
> is there any other solution.
>
> rgds
> fordge

yes i meant that they i need to use the same document class but different
objects/instances of the class.

its like
class CGraphView
{
CDocument *pDoc;
}
problem when i use
splitter.CreateView(0,0,RUNTIME_CLASS(CGraphView),,
splitter.CreateView(0,1,RUNTIME_CLASS(CGraphView),,

is that both the panes now have the same document

is it possible to give
splitter.CreateView(0,0,objGraphView1,,
splitter.CreateView(0,1,objGraphView2,...

how do i cast the View class into CruntimeClass* objects??

fordge

"Michael K. O'Neill" <mikeathon2000@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> They both might use the same document *class*, but they can still use
> different documents (in other words, different objects of your document
> class, with different data for viewing and graphing).
>
> Is that what you want/mean?  Or do you really want the views to be
> associated with different classes of documents?
>
> Mike
>

> "fordge" <tulipsculptor@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > My app shows 2 graph views seperated by a splitter.
> >
> > The base graphview class is the same say CGraphView
> >
> > if i use
> > splitter.CreateView(0,0,RUNTIME_CLASS(CGraphView)...
> > splitter.CreateView(0,1,RUNTIME_CLASS(CGraphView)...
> >
> > they both use the same document class
> >
> > but i need them to show graphs frm different docs
> >
> > if i make 2 objects of the CGraphView
> > how can i use the objects as CRuntimeClass*???
> > is there any other solution.
> >
> > rgds
> > fordge

Creating two different instances of a document for the same template is not
an easy task even though is possible.

It would need a lot of new code overriding default behavior of the
framework, as well as create tremendous ripple effect for setting document
title, opening new, opening existing document as and saving document.

I think you would be much better off, creating class that would keep data
for an individual view (CObject derived for example). That object can be used
to serialize document without rewriting existing functionality of doc/view
architecture.

"fordge" wrote:

> yes i meant that they i need to use the same document class but different
> objects/instances of the class.
>
> its like
> class CGraphView
> {
> CDocument *pDoc;
> }
> problem when i use
> splitter.CreateView(0,0,RUNTIME_CLASS(CGraphView),,
> splitter.CreateView(0,1,RUNTIME_CLASS(CGraphView),,
>
> is that both the panes now have the same document
>
> is it possible to give
> splitter.CreateView(0,0,objGraphView1,,
> splitter.CreateView(0,1,objGraphView2,...
>
> how do i cast the View class into CruntimeClass* objects??
>
> fordge
>
> "Michael K. O'Neill" <mikeathon2000@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > They both might use the same document *class*, but they can still use
> > different documents (in other words, different objects of your document
> > class, with different data for viewing and graphing).
> >
> > Is that what you want/mean?  Or do you really want the views to be
> > associated with different classes of documents?
> >
> > Mike
> >

> > "fordge" <tulipsculptor@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi
> > > My app shows 2 graph views seperated by a splitter.
> > >
> > > The base graphview class is the same say CGraphView
> > >
> > > if i use
> > > splitter.CreateView(0,0,RUNTIME_CLASS(CGraphView)...
> > > splitter.CreateView(0,1,RUNTIME_CLASS(CGraphView)...
> > >
> > > they both use the same document class
> > >
> > > but i need them to show graphs frm different docs
> > >
> > > if i make 2 objects of the CGraphView
> > > how can i use the objects as CRuntimeClass*???
> > > is there any other solution.
> > >
> > > rgds
> > > fordge

0
RainMan1 (36)

Displaying data from a lead in the oppurunities view
Is there a way in CRM to display a field that is in the my open leads view in the my open oppurtunities view. Basically what I have done is create a new attribute type in the lead called product. This is a picklist with all the different products we offer. I modified the columns in the my open leads view to show this without a problem. When the lead becomes an oppurtunity there is no way to tell the product they are interested in. I want to be able to display the data entered into my LEADS page on my OPPURTUNITIES view. This should be possible right? There is no way to view a field...

help! trying to paste in document in spanish, pub cant hyphenate t
hello! ive been trying and trying to paste in a document i wrote using word. the doc is in spanish, and pub keeps popping up a window every 2 SECONDS (which is really annoying) saying it can't hyphenate the text. im not very computer savvy so i dont even know what that means! is it like hy-phanate? i dotn even want it to do that! it says i need to download something from the disc, which of course i no longer have. why can i do it in english with no problem? im using pub 2000 by the way. PLEASE HELP!!!!!! thank you! What version of Publisher are you using as different versions have the Hyp...

When viewing an MFC dll's dependancies can't seem to find MFC80D.d
While compiling a project that has recentlly been upgraded to VS2005 from VS6.0 i keep getting a registration error. at the end of the process the project tries to register the newly compiled DLL. when i looked at the DLL through Dependancy Walker i discovered that it could not seem to find three DLLs: MFC80D.dll, msvcp80d.dll and msvcr80d.dll. any ideas why this would happen? On Oct 20, 7:28 am, Shawn <Sh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > While compiling a project that has recentlly been upgraded to VS2005 from > VS6.0 i keep getting a registration error. at the end of ...

Preview pdf document
When I receive a document with a pdf attachtment I would like to preview this attachment in the reading pane without opening it. Is this possible? Greetz, Maarten No. At some point in the future you will be able to with Outlook 2007 and the proper filters installed. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exch...

Is Doc/View Architecture really needed?
Hi I wanted to try some codes last night and start a default MFC app. with Doc/view support. But it gives so much compiler and run-time error because of doc/view, i forgot what i want then began to correct the code. Do you really need Doc/view or do you use doc/view architecture in your projects? Or you begin with empty project? I want to learn when it is not necessary and when it is. Have you ever faced Doc/View archtecture become painful in your recent projects? I am looking for your opinions. Thanks. If you are going to have "data" and represent it on the "screen"...

Help: Can't display contents of Adobe Acrobat Document in Sheet
Hoping that someone can help with this. I'm trying to insert an Adobe Acrobat document into an Excel worksheet. I'd like to see the document contents, not an Icon. According to the Excel help files, it should be possible to display the file as it shows up in Acrobat but no matter what I do, I see only an Icon. I went through the procedure listed in the help files to convert the document (ensuring that "show as an Icon" is not checked) but nothing makes any difference! Any idea what I'm doing wrong? When I try this with other document types (eg AutoCad) everythi...

UK Money 2005 Portfolio Valuation View is blank
I tried to customise the Porfolio Valuation view, which seems to have corrupted itself. It no longer displays any lines and just correctly displays the total in the blue area of the screen. On clicking Change Portfolio view | customise current view | Portfolio Culumns Tab shows that the Display column box is empty. Clicking on the reset to default button re-populates the box and saving does not rectify the problem. As no stocks are display going through the Change Portfolio view | customise current view | Portfolio Culumns Tab shows that the Display column box is again empty. How do I rectify...

importing excel and word documents from pc to mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How can I import all files at one time without having to import files one at a time? On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 13:19:17 -0800, inc_brc@officeformac.com wrote: >Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How can I import all files at one time >without having to import files one at a time? If your machines aren't on the same LAN, copy the directory to a RAM drive, to your iPod, or to a network drive, and then copy them from there to your Mac. That's what I do. -- "In no part of th...

Want to keep seperate personal contact list,addr book and PST file
This message is cross posted in two groups public.outlook and public.outlook.general At work, I keep a personal pst file for personal email in a seperate directory with personal files. Every 6 months to a year, I create a new one, retire the old one and back it up to CD, no problem. This keeps my personal stuff completely seperate from work stuff. Oh yeah, Windows2000Pro & Outlook 2000 (connected to Exchange server I believe, whatever that means) I would like to do the same with my contact information. It seems to me that the contact info is in the "main" pst file. I cannot ev...

How to generate different series of document nos for different users..
We would like GP 8.0 to auto-generate different document numbers for each user. For example: User A will be assigned INV document numbers 1-100 and User B will assigned INV document numbers 101-200 and so on. Is that possible in GP 8.0? If so, how do I go about it? Any ideas? Thanks very much in advance for you help. -Surendra It would have to be a customized solution. VBA or Dexterity are your best bets, for now. With GP 9 you will be able to use Visual Studio 2005 to create customizations, too. "Surendra" wrote: > We would like GP 8.0 to auto-generate different do...

highlight changes in document approvals in hr self-service suite
Business Portal should highlight the changes that were made in employee self-service requests when displaying them to the approver. For instance, if an employee changes his or her address, highlight the new address so that the approver can easily verify its accuracy. I have delivered training on the HR Mgmt suite several times and that request has come up each and every time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If y...

Viewing pictures within received emails
When I receive an email with a picture attached I have to dbl click on the image to view it. How can I get Outlook to display the image within the email? You can't. Outlook only displays pictures in-line when they are inserted in-line by the sender of the mail by Insert-> Picture... -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "David McCullough" <anonymous@dis...

ReadOnly Visio Document
Hi, I would like to lock a visio document so it can't be modified by th user. How can i write that in my Vb code? I've tried something like that : intRead = Visio.ActivePage.Document.ReadOnly intRead = True but it didn't work! pleaz help! thanx Avalon2 -- avalon2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- avalon27's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=18 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=69035 Visit - http://www.officehelp.in | http://www.officehelp.in/archive/index.php | http://www.officehelp.in/index...

Seperate document for Splitter views
Hi My app shows 2 graph views seperated by a splitter. The base graphview class is the same say CGraphView if i use splitter.CreateView(0,0,RUNTIME_CLASS(CGraphView)... splitter.CreateView(0,1,RUNTIME_CLASS(CGraphView)... they both use the same document class but i need them to show graphs frm different docs if i make 2 objects of the CGraphView how can i use the objects as CRuntimeClass*??? is there any other solution. rgds fordge fordge wrote: > Hi > My app shows 2 graph views seperated by a splitter. > > The base graphview class is the same say CGraphView > > if...

i share my copmuter. how can i setup seperate new user account
hello. i want to setup a new outlook user account but i share my copmuter with another users Maybe asking in a newsgroup dedicated to Outlook would be better. sofia wrote: > > hello. i want to setup a new outlook user account but i share my copmuter > with another users -- Dave Peterson Connect to an Outlook newsgroup through.............. http://aumha.org/nntp.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 05:39:01 -0700, sofia <sofia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hello. i want to setup a new outlook user account but i share my copmuter >with anoth...

How do I convert Excel data to comma seperated txt?
I have to convert an excel file into a .txt file, which I can do, however I also need to enclose the entries in "double quotes". The data in the original excel file looks as follows: Column 1 Column 2 AB/LN/UC CE/CRS AB/LN/UC CVL/MST AB/LN/UC GW/EMD I need the data in the .txt file needs to look as follows: "AB/LN/UC","CE/CRS" "AB/LN/UC","CVL/MST" "AB/LN/UC","GW/EMD" I don't want to have to do a load of concatenation to arrive at this over 4.5K rows. Is there a standard way of doing this in excel? If ...

auto populating comma seperated data in one cell to multiple cells
I want to be able to copy a csv file into a single cell in an excel spreadsheet. I then want to apply a formula to various cells which result those cells being automatically populated with relevant data from the csv file when I paste it. The formula needs to take into account that the relevant field in the csv file could be empty or could have 1+ chars. The reason I want to do this is that in the future when I run data extracts, I can check the contents of the csv file by pasting it into a spreadsheet I have set up with all the database tables and column names in it. I hope this makes sense...

How to view a complete schema when using schema includes/imports?
I've got a parent schema file that references complex element types that are defined in several "child" schema files and I used the schema imports statement to include them into the parent schema's default namespace. I would like to generate a complete/single-file instance of the schema to simplify things but I can't figure out how to do it. Each schema seems to live in it's respective memory space inside the SchemaIncludesCollection. Any idea how I could traverse all of the "virtual" nodes in the parent schema to create a physical representation of what t...

How can do you FAX a Word document in Word 2007 64 bit mode?
Tried to send a Word document via Internet FAX service. Dialogue box pops up saying that option is not abvailable in 64 bit mode. Is there any way to FAX documents from Office 2007? Sage words appreciated. If you have a fax modem and install fax software compatible with your version of Windows (Windows XP and some versions of Vista include fax software that is not installed by default - others will need third party software) you can fax directly from the PC by 'printing' to the fax software driver - http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm -- <>>< ><...

Excel 2002
Hello, I've got a problem with formatting changes not updating in linked document... Simply put, if you have a document that has a linked cell to another worksheet, the formatting ie...COLORS doesn't change when you change the source document with the linked document??? Yes, for instance text will be updated... but again, not formatting like making it BOLD or changing the colors of the text! Any ideas... I did see a KB article 1009182 regarding a problem linking WORD with Excel... but not Excel with Excel and the formatting not holding... it possibly is the case with Excel to Excel ...

Continuous Forms View Question
Is it possible to prevent the blank New Record row from appearing at the bottom of a form whose default view is Continuous without setting the form's Allow Additions property to False? If I choose to add a new record that's fine, but once the new record has been added I'd like for the empty fields to go away until I ask to add another record. Thanks! -- If you can read this, thank a Teacher... If your reading it in English, thank a Veteran! What you are actually asking for is to disable standard functionallity which should be there in the first place and enable it when you&#...

Clear XP recent documents programatically
Is there a way to programatically clear XP recently opened documents list? "gargoyle60" <gargoyle60@example.invalid> wrote in message news:njbi161rgepkrghm57ekfu91cukj2c64di@4ax.com... > Is there a way to programatically clear XP recently opened documents list? If not, you can set Recent Documents not to display on Start Menu and delete from desktops any shortcut to this record. TweakUI may be the simplest method. -- Don Phillipson Carlsbad Springs (Ottawa, Canada) Simply delete the shortcuts in the Recent Documents folder. A bat file running in the ...

Outlook 2003 Task View formatting
Does anyone have a way to format a Task item when in Outlook Task view, such as, highlighting a particular Task row? yes. Explain what you want to do. Or just go and look at the Automatic Formatting function. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "brightenmyoutlook" <rjbeaupre@gmail.com> wrote in message news:278e5a3c-63c3-479a-bc15-391e492495b3@v36g2000yqv.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone have a way to f...

dual screens, split 2 ppts to view 1 on each, how?
trying to view 2 different ppts with dual monitors, one on each screen. how do I do this? they want to stack one on top of another instead. Try View > Cascade then move and resize as needed. "anvilhead" wrote: > trying to view 2 different ppts with dual monitors, one on each screen. how > do I do this? they want to stack one on top of another instead. Anvilhead, I have to first Restore Down the PPT program (just left of the Red X in upper right hand corner) then click and drag the opwn window to cover both monitors, then select the "view" tab, a...

Displaying Dialogs in Views
I've got several dialogs that I'd like to have up all the time and allow the user to, say, drag the mouse across items in one view and have their definition show up in the other view. At the moment I've got a dialog that comes up by doing a right click that displays the definition, but it takes over the mouse and you have to clear the dialog before you can get back to the main view. Since the Dialog works fine and is in the format I want, is there any easy way to create a new view, on the other side of the splitter bar and just plug that dialog in? I realize I'd need to have so...