Sending message to a DLL

Hello group,

     Is it possible to send windows messages to and from a Dll? I have a MFC DLL derived from CWinApp, and it does have a "Begin...End Message Map"; but since it
is 'windowless' how do I use SendMessage, considering the first parameter is a 'hWnd' of the window you want to send the message to?

TIA,

Ray K.

0
raykos315 (36)
8/4/2004 12:43:01 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can send some messages to a CWinApp object.  You can also send some to
the CDocument type object.  It's built into the framework.

Tom

"raykos" <raykos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello group,
>
>      Is it possible to send windows messages to and from a Dll? I have a
MFC DLL derived from CWinApp, and it does have a "Begin...End Message Map";
but since it
> is 'windowless' how do I use SendMessage, considering the first parameter
is a 'hWnd' of the window you want to send the message to?

> TIA,
>
> Ray K.

0
tserface (3861)

Messages not saved in Sent Items Folder
Outlook 2003. Some messages are not being saved to the Sent Items Folder even though it is checked in the options. Does not matter whether is a reply, forward or a new email. It is seemingly random with most messages being saved correctly to the Sent Items Folder. Any Ideas? Thanks, Hugo I have a similar problem, along the lines of the below: When i type email and attempt to send when not connected (due to temporary connectivity issues and when unable to connect), the mail is saved in Outbox. When next connected, the mail is sent *but* the mail is not saved in sent items folder. Sending wh...

Stationery error message
I'm using Windows 7 with WLM 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726). When I create a new mail message, I get an error "Unable to create this stationery". The new message window open fine, with no stationery showing. After I send the message, I check the Sent message and it has the stationery I use showing in it. If I send the message to myself, the message also has the stationery I use showing in it. -- The Software Tailor Las Vegas USA ...

Modeless dialog in IE through ATL/COM dll
Hello, I am creating a ATL/COM component(dll) which adds the context menu in IE. After clicking on that menu it calls annother ATL/COM componet which shows the Modeless HTML dialog box. The problem is everything opens fine but suppose when i right click conext menu and that opens the other HTML Modeless dialog. as it is Modeless I can also click on IE's any web page. When i click on any link it open another instance of IE. And when I closes that 2nd intance of IE i got exception of memory in my dll workspace. [Unhandled exception at 0x777849cc in iexplore.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violatio...

any problems getting msnhotmail messages through outlooK?
I'm going away and want an out of office feature. I'm thinking of setting myself up through outlook but have msn hotmail. Are there any problems with doing this? Sandy Hirsch If you're a new hotmail 'customer' you wont be able to get your messages with Outlook. If you've had a hotmail account for at least a few months you should be able to get all your email with outlook. Its real simple, even easier than setting up a regular account. -James "Schwartz" <Schwartz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B7EA122-7661-4350-8709-0376C1885EAC...

Outbox messages get stuck with Scansoft PDF Converter Addin
If your Outbox is acting funny and changing messages from waiting to be sent (Italic Bold) to draft status (Normal Bold) and you have Scansofts PDF Converter Addin installed, you need to disable the Addin. This is from the Scansoft KB: Problem: When sending messages to Microsoft Outlook Outbox in off-line mode, the message is converted to a draft instead of a sendable message. Cause: The PDF Converter Com add-in for Microsoft Outlook XP causes messages in Microsoft Outlook Outbox (off-line mode) to convert from sendable messages to draft messages that cannot be sent when Outlook ...

How can I generate a user friendly error message when validating XML against a schema?
Hello When validating xml against a schema, the most frequent error I get is something like "The 'FOO' attribute has an invalid value according to its data type. An error occurred at , (25, 913)". That error message is not very user friendly, so I'd like to extract the data in the failing node along with its parent node data, and show that to the user. Do you know a way to do this? I don't think there's any other information about the error position than the line number and position. Yes, line number and position is the only information that you have to...

message rule #2
I set a message rule that when I receive an e-mail with an attachment, send an automatic reply message, this message is an HTM file with a background and a small.gif file, why the sender just recive the text of the HTM file but is missing the background and the .gif? thanks Mario. ...

Outlook 2003 error message #9
I just loaded Office Outlook 2003. Operating system XP. When I open it an error message appears. C:\PROGRA~1\HOTBAR\bin\451~1.0\SBOLExt.dll COULD NOT BE INSTALLED OR LOADED I tried detect and repair and that did not help. PLEASE, I need help "Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:9BAE4F59-FED8-499B-99DE-6A4A0536423F@microsoft.com... >I just loaded Office Outlook 2003. Operating system XP. When I open it = an=20 > error message appears. > C:\PROGRA~1\HOTBAR\bin\451~1.0\SBOLExt.dll COULD NOT BE INSTALLED OR = LOADED > I tried detect and re...

Truncate message after certain number of lines
Hi All; Is there some way in which this can be achieved through Exchange 2003 and pushed onto all users on the domain? Cant seem to figure out how to do this. TIA On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 05:35:04 -0700, WhoC@nItbN0W <WhoCnItbN0W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All; > >Is there some way in which this can be achieved through Exchange 2003 and >pushed onto all users on the domain? Cant seem to figure out how to do this. > > > >TIA Whats the goal? Hi: 1. A simple issue really (a) Cant prevent users from fwding emails over emails, appending their rema...

Send a report from Access97
I have n Access97 database which produces a report. When I try to e-mail it I get an error message stating that the e-mail could not be sent due to the previous error. Problem is, there is not a previous error. At least none that I can find. nothing in the evet log either E-mail is through Outlook 2003, installed as a part of Office 2003. This same PC also has Access 2000 installed onit as we have several different Access databases written in each version of Access. Is there something I need to set up in either Access or Outlook?? Thanks in advance for any suggestinos provided. ...

How to Add OnClick Message for a dynamic control
Hi Group If i had included a static control via resource , i would need to add the OnClick message handler via Class Wizard. So when the user clicks that control the OnClick function would be called. But if i had created the control dynamically during runtime, how can i add such message handler. Regards >If i had included a static control via resource , i would need to add the >OnClick message handler via Class Wizard. So when the user clicks that >control the OnClick function would be called. > >But if i had created the control dynamically during runtime, how can i a...

Message Bodies becoming Attachments
This may be one of the strangest things I've ever seen, and I hope someone can help me. We are currently migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 in a Win2000 AD environment. Our mailbox servers are now all Exchange 2003, but the routing servers are still on 5.5. When a user sends messages to certain external recipients, the message body somehow gets pulled into a .eml file which is then attached to the message and tries to go out, but our antivirus protection catches the .eml attachment and strips it from the message before sending the message out; the result, as you might e...

Subject based filtering of DSN messages
I can't make this work for the vast majority of the DSN messages we get (message undeliverable and such). I have setup rules to filter the different bounce messages that I see in subject lines and some of them work fine. Most do not. The messages the come from postfix (for instance) have mime-encoded notification messages, split in several parts. I've tried matching the Subject: line I end up seeing in Outlook and the subject line that is in the internet headers of the message, which is not what outlook shows me. I think exchange 2003 is recognizing these messages and try...

"can not create " error message
We have been experiencing this error message on terminal server 2003. This is never being a problem on windows 2000 server but since we have upgrade the system this has started. microsoft has give a solution KB 305982. It works but problem reoccurs ever now and then. Please help to resolve this problem ...

Big Problem Sending #2
Out of the blue on Thursday, Outlook stopped sending my email. It's just racking up in my outbox. I checked all the regular stuff several times (tools-accounts-servers- smtp) and that all seems correct. I even spent over an hour on the phone with SBC today, and they say the server is fine and tried some troubleshooting activities to try to help, to no avail. I'm losing my mind and I NEED HELP! I'm going to start losing clients if I can't get my email sent out. Please Help! (if no one can halp, can someone tell me who to ask or where to go to ask in Microsoft) I'm ...

Can receive e-mails but cannot send any....
I have everything set up for my e-mails to get sent in from my AIM account but when i go to send an e-mail this is what i get Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'pop.aim.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Please, Please, Please help me. I'm trying to respond to an ad on craiglist. That's not a send error, it is a receive error. 'Invalid command' in this case probably means you tried to use an option that the server does not support. ...

Alt S wont send anymore
I can't be dreaming - installed outlook 2003 about 2 weeks ago. After creating a message, I was able to just hit alt S and the message would be sent. Now, I have to hit enter after alt S. What changed? Any ideas? thanks, larry ...

Deleting a large email that will not send
Hi, I tried to email a 50MB+ audio file with Gmail via Entourage for Mac 2008, not realizing the size limitations. Entourage tries to send it, only to bounce up against the limitation, and then kicks back an error. Then, a few minutes later, it tries again -- and the same thing happens. I want to find this unsent email to delete it and stop the madness, but am having no luck. Any ideas? thanks jeff On 3/25/10 2:04 PM, jeffo wrote: > I tried to email a 50MB+ audio file with Gmail via Entourage for Mac > 2008, not realizing the size limitations. Entourage tries to send it...

How to stop: Outlook keeps sending emails from outbox
One of our PCs in network had virus before. It is cleaned via Mac Fee antivirus software. The person has that computer confirm that her PC has no virus now. However, her Outlook sometime keeps sending a certain email multiple times. The other who receive that email then has the problem: some how the email is auto-replied. The Mac Fee warns that the outlook sending mail multiple times and it could be a virus. At least, there are three people in the local network has the infected emails from the first person. The Antivirus software has not found anything after scanning. They also used Micro T...

SendMessage() to NotePad (Trying to Send CTRL+F to notepad)
I'm trying to send a CONTROL-F command to notepad. However, the code below just types in an 'f' in the edit box. Here it is: (editbox_hwnd refers to the HWND of the editbox of notepad) PostMessage(editbox_hwnd, WM_SYSKEYDOWN, VK_CONTROL, 0); PostMessage(editbox_hwnd, WM_SYSKEYDOWN, 'F', 0); PostMessage(editbox_hwnd, WM_SYSKEYUP, 'F', 0); PostMessage(editbox_hwnd, WM_SYSKEYUP, VK_CONTROL, 0); Any ideas why this isn't working? Thanks ...

i want to send a picture to hotmail.com
i have perfected a photo in microsoft and want to send it to my email...hotmail? also would like to send it to my facebook page You've posted in a newsgroup dedicated to the product Microsoft Project. Project cannot send photos via email nor does it interact with Facebook. That being said, to learn how to use Hotmail, read Hotmail's Help files. It will explain how to upload the photo. Likewise, read how to use Facebook by reading their Help files. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 23/04/10 03:30, molars wrote: > i have perfected a photo in microsoft ...

Money 2001 Corrupt .dll
Money 2001 was delivered w/my computer. When I try to open the application I get this error: "The DLL file 'C:\...mpcont.dll cannot be loaded. It may have been removed or become corrupted....' Since I don't have a Money disk to run Setup (I think) I'd have to use the System Restore CD and what a pain that is! Any ideas out there? If I download the trial version of 2004 would that convert (and repair) my 2001 file? I have a lot of stuff in that file that isn't backed up (my bad!) Thanks, Janet Try opening another Money file. If you haven't removed it, the...

Error Message when closing Outlook XP SP2!
Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.4510.0 ModName: mscorwks.dll ModVer: 1.1.4322.573 Offset: 00052781 I have the error file if someone has a debugger of some sort!! Thanks! It is called appcompat.txt.... Thanks! Joshua Miller ...

Shell32.dll icon copyright issues?
Does anyone know if there are any legal, such as copyright, issues that should stop me from extracting icons from, for example, shell32.dll for use in my application? --- Al. Have you looked in the graphics subdirectory of your VS install? Some of those icons might be there already, in which case the purpose is to allow you to incorporate those into your app. joe On Wed, 5 May 2004 11:23:02 +0100, "TVR Fan" <nosuch@address.com> wrote: >Does anyone know if there are any legal, such as copyright, issues that >should stop me from extracting icons from, for example,...

restore message from filled up PRIV
Hi My Private IS reached 16GB. I did defragmentation, but it didn't help. IS service couldn't start befor and after reorganization. Of course I had to start my Exchange and I had restored PRIV from backup. Now I have to restore one message with attachement from my damaged PRIV which I have not got in backup. Can anyone help me? Thanks for any help, Andrzej Which version of Exchange? -- Cheers, Steve Antonio Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Note: Please do not reply to this e-mail address. It is...