Security Warning when creating a new class with MFC ODBC Consumer

With VC++ .NET 2003, i'm creating a new class (MFC ODBC container).
Everything seems to work until im about to generate the class.
I get this "Security Warning" message box text :
"The connection string in the generated code may contain plain text
passwords and/or sensitive information. Please review the wizard generated
code for details."

If I confirm this box, my whole VS closes automatically.

I tried with VC++ 6.0 and it worked perfectly. But i dont want do use
anymore this version.

Thanks

Vince
0
Manox (2)
3/17/2006 6:40:27 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

That's shows up because of a pragma in the code created by the ClassWizard.
Go to the file created for the CRecrodset class, and remove the pragma.

AliR.

"Manox" <Manox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> With VC++ .NET 2003, i'm creating a new class (MFC ODBC container).
> Everything seems to work until im about to generate the class.
> I get this "Security Warning" message box text :
> "The connection string in the generated code may contain plain text
> passwords and/or sensitive information. Please review the wizard generated
> code for details."
>
> If I confirm this box, my whole VS closes automatically.
>
> I tried with VC++ 6.0 and it worked perfectly. But i dont want do use
> anymore this version.
>
> Thanks
>
> Vince

0
AliR3470 (3236)
3/17/2006 8:00:58 PM
I try to create a MFC ODBC Consumer class, using the "Add Class" , but the
creations fails at the last step with a warning box. By confirming that box,
VC++ closes immediatly and the file isnt created.
So i can remove the pragma.

I'm using win2000sp4 with a remote DB2, if that can help.
thx

Vince

"AliR" wrote:

> That's shows up because of a pragma in the code created by the ClassWizard.
> Go to the file created for the CRecrodset class, and remove the pragma.
>
> AliR.
>
> "Manox" <Manox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > With VC++ .NET 2003, i'm creating a new class (MFC ODBC container).
> > Everything seems to work until im about to generate the class.
> > I get this "Security Warning" message box text :
> > "The connection string in the generated code may contain plain text
> > passwords and/or sensitive information. Please review the wizard generated
> > code for details."
> >
> > If I confirm this box, my whole VS closes automatically.
> >
> > I tried with VC++ 6.0 and it worked perfectly. But i dont want do use
> > anymore this version.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Vince

0
Manox (2)

How to create a CustomerID field for custom entities
Hi, The customerid field is used in opportunity and case and it allows you to select an account or contact, Great. I want to create this field in a form for a new entity i have made, but i cant work out how. Please help. Hi Michael, Customer is special composite type which is not available for custom entities in CRM 3. You will need to add two separete lookup fields for account and contact. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan &...

Combining cells to create a formula
Hi, I have two cells that I want to combine to have a working formula B1 = sum B2 = d3 b3 = =b1&"("&b2&")" D3 = 10 The result in b3 is : sum(d3) How do I get this to result in the actual value in D3. I know I can simply write =D3, but the actual reason for combining the two cells is more complicated than explained here. Thanks Hi I think you are perhaps looking for the Indirect function =INDIRECT("D"&ROW(3:3)) would return the value contained in D3 As you copy down, the formula would alter to 4, 5 etc. represent D4, D5 etc. -- Regards R...

create a mass of mailboxes
hi and thanks in advance for your help, I've an exchange 2003 and I have to create a great number (3000) of account and mailboxes. I want to use a script to create them starting from a xls or csv file. There are same script that create the account in a progressive way but I can't use them. Is there something different to use? lucadb Try this link and refer to the section "Active Directory tools and application programming interfaces" http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/e2k3InterOpMig/39d728f1-62e1-44aa-93c8-930fed46f4e1.mspx "lucadb"...

Creating a Microsoft Words document from an existing Excel spreads
Hi all, I need your kind guidance on how to create a new microsoft words document using an existing excel spreadsheet? At present, I have an excel spreadsheet, say "data.xls" containing data for example 6 fields such as COMPANY NAME, DATE, ITEM1, ITEM2, ITEM,3 & QUOTATION TOTAL. Under these 6 fields are some records of my customers. COMPANY NM DATE ITEM1 ITEM2 ITEM3 QUOTATION TTL ---------------- ------- -------- ------- -------- ------------------- ABC Limited 3 Apr xxxxx xxxxx ...

Creating a template using Publisher

Creating a "Do_Not_Reply" e-mail address
I need to create a do-not-reply@domain.com address that any user that I give permission to on the domain can send as by putting the above address in the "From:" field of their Outlook client and the external recipient will receive this and only see that it came from the do-not-reply address and not the send on behalf of user. Also what would be the best way to block or not receive the e-mails even if an external user does reply to it? On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 20:56:22 -0700, "D-a-n_L" <dlajoie@hotmail.com> wrote: >I need to create a do-not-reply@domain.com addr...

New POS Announcement
Following the announcment from Microsoft on their website here: http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/RetailManagementSystem/POS_announcement.mspx I take it this splits the RMS solution into two?: RMS (Store Ops & HQ) & POS as a stand alone app... We are just about to invest in RMS here in the United Kingdom. Looking like a single lane store ops installation. This announcment however makes me slightly nervous as it potentially could save us both time and money if we decide to invest in this new product. Having checked the comparisions and look and feel of the product I'm no...

moving outlook to a new computer
A sudden and unexpected component fault(graphics chip) on the motherboard of my laptop necessitated the purchase of a new laptop. I had not backed up any data from the old machine, but have now restored all my documents and files via an external hard drive adaptor. Unfortunately I'm struggling to transfer my Outlook data to the new laptop from the old drive. I have followed the Import/Export wizard in Outlook to import the .pst file after saving it from the old hard drive, but just get the following message "This Personal Folder file (.pst) is already in use in the curre...

Can I create sub-functions in a cross-functional flowchart?
Trying to create a template for my organization to map processes to. Goal is to map the organization to the 'function bars' in Visio's cross-function flowcharts. However, I would like to create some 'sub-functions' for lower organizational elements (i.e. divisions under a department). Is this possible?? ...

Stingray's MFC Objective Grid with Access 2K?
Has anyone had success using Stingray's Objective Grid v7.0 with the later versions of DAO. I've seen the suggestions to add an entry to my source to force MFC to use the later version. But, when I do this, I get a lot of crashes after compiling. I wonder if there are any mods that must also be made to the Stingray source? Thanks, Jack ...

Outlook 2007 boots up by itself anytime a new message is received
Hello, A few days ago, outlook 2007 started booting up all by itself seemingly whenever a new message was received. I dont want outlook to run all the time and would like to stop this from happening. I have not found any help so far for this. Can someone please help me with this? I'm currently running vista. Thanks, Jerry Jerry & Robin <jerrobin@comcast.net> wrote: > A few days ago, outlook 2007 started booting up all by itself > seemingly whenever a new message was received. Not possible. If Outlook isn't running, it can't receive messages to begin ...

Move/Copy A Row Based on Formulas to a New Worksheet
I want to move several rows of sub-totals (averages within sub-groups) to a summary worksheet, but I get the Ref error. How can I copy sub-group averages to another worksheet? Thank you. high light and copy. select where you want it. edit>paste special>values. this will turn you formulas into hard numbers. you are getting the #Ref error because on the other sheet where you pasted the formulas, the formula no longer had the same references that they had on the other sheet. for example: =sum(a1:a10) in cell a11 you copy and paste on another sheet at cell a1. excell tries to compensat...

Prices and cost Set to zero when exporting a new store
When I export a new store with 1.2.085v from headquarters all the cost and price information is set to zero. I have seen that there is a fix for 1.3v but i cannot seem to find any other fix for our version. Any suggestions? Thanks Joe Just run worksheets to update the cost and price. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information. Joe Gonzalez wrote: > When I export a new store with ...

Outlook security #4
I have Outlook 2003. I would like help finding out where to adjust settings that will enable me to receive normal web pages with graphics. Apparently, the security setting is blocking most normal webpages. If by "web pages" you mean complex HTML e-mails like the ones sent by companies like Buy.com, you'd have to alter your Junk E-Mail Options. A better idea might be to add the senders of messages you trust to the Safe Senders list, so that you're still protected from others who might send malicious code in HTML messages. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages ...

Clearing security settings
I am setting up a new server that will be home to GP version 8. I am migrating from 7.5 to 8. I want to clear out all users, advanced security, and standard security settings and recreate them on the new server. Anybody ever scripted this? I assume I want to truncate tables, but I don't know which ones, other than what is show in techkno Steps to remove Advanced Security (874401). TIA If you run a delete statement on the SY02000 table, it will remove all settings, then you can run a reconcile against security restrictions and user access. "Cindy Lange" wrote: > I...

Excel 2000 macro security Level
Hi! I am running an ASP.NET application which ideally opens an Exce spreadsheet with a macro included in it. When I try opening spreadsheet without a macro, everything works fine, but with macros, i hangs on the opening command. I tried to go to Excel 2000 and go t Tools->Macros->Security Level->Low but it still hangs when I try t open the macro spreadsheet. All works fine with the spreadsheet no containing macros, so it really is a question of macro security. But put it to low, so I don't understand how it is still not opening!! An help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and...

Domain Controller Security Policy
Hello I was trying to open both "Domain Controller Security Policy" and "Domain Security Policy", I have the error: "Failed to open the group policy object, you may not have appropriate rights" and in detail section "the parameter is incorrect" I log on as administrator so don't think if it has anything to do with permission and right Thanks everyone TT ...

why I see times new roman?
I have several html email messages composed in outlook express 6, I'm sure I highlited all text and set it to Arial 10. Then I drag the file to desktop, move it to vista windows mail draggin into inbox or other folder. The result is some parts of text shows arial 10 but some others Times new roman 10 or 12 what is annoying, because I use all arial 10, so I have to manually forward the email, highligh it again and set arial 10 and then, yes, I can see it properly. I checked the compose default font and everything is fine. Why is that? Is there any work around , helo...

Creating a worksheet in Spanish
Hello, Is there a way to create a worksheet on MS XP Pro running Office 2003 Pro all in Spanish? Thank You Kent Hansen Hi Kent All valid formulas -except the ones from the Analysis Toolpack- will automatically translate to the language of the Excel it's opened in. So any spanish speaking Excel will translate formulas to spanish, no matter which version it was written in. The rest, text constants and such, has to be typed or pasted. Excel will not translate this herself. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Kent" <Kent@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:ACCCBA3A-53B4...

5 steps to create a publication,the workplan
I need to know at least 5 steps to creating a workplan in pulisher. homework? 1- turn on computer 2- open Publisher 3- File | New 4- File | Page Setup 5- Design your thing 6- File | Save your thing oops thats 6 "thinking" <thinking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B4E2A10-BCB0-473D-B52A-EFCBB658D856@microsoft.com... |I need to know at least 5 steps to creating a workplan in pulisher. Thinking? This newsgroup is dedicated to solving problems with MS Office Publisher. Not doing your class assignment. "thinking" <thinking@discussions.micros...

Copy data from one record to a new record on a sub form
I have a form showing patient details with a sub form displaying all associated referral details for the patient. One patient can have more than one referral and I would like to be able to copy data from some of the fields on the current referral when adding a new referral for the same patient. Is this possible? Thank you for your help I am fairly new to Access code and I am having some problem following your suggestion could you please simplify. Also some of the fields on the referral records are selected via a combo box will these fields still copy? "Klatuu" wrote: > ...