Scrolling splitter windows via keyboard

I want to be able to scroll the views in a vertical splitter window
(synchronized) in response to the UP, DOWN, PAGEUP, PAGEDOWN keys. How can
this be achieved? I set up the scroll sizes by calling SetScrollSizes in
OnInitialUpdate() and then handle the OnKeyDown message in the view of the
splitter window. In the OnKeyDown function, I tried calling OnVScroll(), but
it does not work!!

Can someone please help?

Thank you
Abhijit

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Abhijit,

You might perhaps want to try calling ScrollToPosition instead of OnVScroll.

Johan Rosengren
Abstrakt Mekanik AB

"Abhijit" <abhijit_patait_NOSPAM@NOSPAM_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I want to be able to scroll the views in a vertical splitter window
> (synchronized) in response to the UP, DOWN, PAGEUP, PAGEDOWN keys. How can
> this be achieved? I set up the scroll sizes by calling SetScrollSizes in
> OnInitialUpdate() and then handle the OnKeyDown message in the view of the
> splitter window. In the OnKeyDown function, I tried calling OnVScroll(),
but
> it does not work!!
>
> Can someone please help?
>
> Thank you
> Abhijit

How to Hide Left Panel of Folder Window?
I'm well behind the Windows curve and I'm just now learning to use Windows XP Home. Up to now I've been using Windows 2000 Pro. On my XP desktop I have a shortcut to my music folder which containins my MP3 files. When I double click on the shortcut, a window opens on the desktop displaying the contents of my music folder. This window has a panel along the left side containing items like "File and Folder Tasks" and "Other Places." I can't figure out how to close, hide or otherwise delete this panel. This panel takes up a lot of prec...

New message opens up behind outlook window
Everytime I click new in my inbox to open a new message, the new message pops up behind the main oulook window. does anyone know how to make this stop? ...

Text Effects Scrolling or Blinking text
How do apply the scroll or blinking feature to text that you want to emphasize in a word document. Prior to MS2007 there was a feature on the fonts tab that allowed a user to apply the following features to text "marching ants, blinking text, scrolling marquee, etc. I cannot find the any of these features anywhere in Word 2007. "HELP" There is no direct access to them, but they are still available by macro I posted the following macro recently, for use in Word 2007 Sub AnimateFont() Dim sAnimation As String If Len(Selection.Range) = 0 Then MsgBox "...

Can't install windows updates on SBS 2003
I have a SBS 2003 server that has not been updated in a couple years. It has SP2 installed but when I run Microsoft Update it needs to download and install 96 updates. When I try to get them installed it comes back with an error saying not enough disk space. I have tried to just install 1 update at a time and get the same error. The C:\ drive has over 14GB of free space and the other drives have plenty of space as well. I restarted the server and also ran Disk Cleanup, as the error message reccomends, but am still having the same problem. Anyone run across this problem befo...

Outlook and Windows Integrated Authentication
Hello All, Does anyone know if Outlook (not OWA) can use Windows Integrated Authentication (like IE) to automatically log onto Intranet Web sites to retrieve graphics in HTML messages? Right now we get a logon dialog and have to manually log in. Thanks. if you paste the url into a browser, does it work as desired? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outloo...

Can Outlook 2003 use MSN Messenger INSTEAD of Windows Messenger?
I didn't get an answer to this question last week so I'm re-posting... I recently purchased a new computer (Windows XP Home Edition w/SP2) and loaded up all of the available updates to the OS, Internet Explorer, etc. Next, I installed Office 2003 Professional. I disabled Messenger integration with Outlook 2003 as discussed in other posts here. Next I installed MSN Messenger 6.2 and it seemed to run properly as a stand-alone application. So I re-enabled Messenger integration on Outlook 2003. The next time I booted up and ran Outlook, the Messenger icon appeared in the taskbar...

Windows media player
Why does windows media player keep popping up? David wrote: > Why does windows media player keep popping up? OK, I give up. Why does Windows Media Player keep popping up ? How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 Windows Media Player General Discussion http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player&cat=en_US_44d7101f-71dd-4f9a-b6b9-45215557dd35&lang=en&cr=US MowGreen ================ *-343-* FDNY Never Forgotten ================ banthecheck.com "Security update...

XL 2007: How to find out what keyboard shortcuts I've assigned to macros?
Over the years, I've recorded and written a lot of macros. (Probably time to take a week or two and go over them and delete at least half!) I assigned a keyboard shortcut to a lot of them. I seem to remember that before XL 2007, there was a keyboard organizer that I could go through and review what shortcuts I had already assigned to my macros. I can't find that in 2007, though. Is there an easy way to generate a list of all my keyboard assignments and what macros they go to? Ed I don't recall ever seeing any such keyboard organizer in 2007. Canned from a prev...

Task Manager window only CPU
Vista Ultimate SP2 When I launch Windows Task Manager, only a CPU meter opens. When I right click icon in task bar, I only get Close & Always on top options. How do I restore task manager? Happy New Year -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net Double click on the white frame of the task manager window. That should do it. -- whs THX - it worked Happy New Year -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net "whs" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:89eee91dbeee8173c55e0008be25b622@nntp-gateway....

URGENT: WINDOWS 8 ANNOUNCEMENT for July 2011!
Think Windows7 just came out & too young? Welcome to the brave future: Windows8! 1) Windows 8 To Contain New Anti-Ha*king Software (antipir*cy). Some may consider anti-pir*cy measures similar to whistling in the wind, but that's certainly not the case. George has posts in Windows7NewsDOTcom, and ConnectedInternet showing how in many cases Microsoft has foiled anti-pir*cy efforts. Many believe that piracy is relegated to just illegal copying or theft. But that is not the case. V*rus distribution and embedded malw*re, and privacy intrusion are typical features that result from...

Keyboard shortcut #8
I am using Excel 2002. I would like to create a keyboard shortcut that would allow me to Center align. The center icon is "&Center", but Alt C gives me "Clear Print Selection" I removed the "&" from in front of the clear print icon, but when I do an Alt C, nothing happens. Can I assign Alt C to the "Center" alignment button? If so, how? Thanks Siege Tools, Customize, R-click the Center align button, select "Image and Text" instead of "Default style". It should now work for you. Tonso wrote: > I am using Excel 2002. I ...

Scroll horizontaly with mouse, create same system used to scroll .
Hi, I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down but to scroll from left to right or vice-versa, you have to use the scroll bar or arrows and it's annoying... So, am I a millionnaire yet??? Hi Frederic, > I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for > horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work > with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down b...

email address on Service Call Entry window
Add an email address field to the Service Call Entry window for the customer contact on the service call. Even if it is not pulled from the email address of the address id on the service call, at least the dispatcher could enter an email address on the service call in order to communicate with the customer regarding the call. It is common to take email address as part of contact information. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the m...

MemDC & Scroll Control with Mouse Wheel
Ever since I changed to use MemDC, using the mouse wheel made my CSrollView a complete mess. The wheel mouse control was working fine with my flickering version. Then I used MemDC to get rid of flickering issue, now I am having this scrolling issue for using the middle wheel mouse button. What could be wrong? Thanks. On 12 Aug 2005 06:53:36 -0700, guxu@hotmail.com wrote: >Ever since I changed to use MemDC, using the mouse wheel made my >CSrollView a complete mess. The wheel mouse control was working fine >with my flickering version. Then I used MemDC to get rid of flickering &g...

Send Url via workflow
Hello, the problem am facing is that I want to be able to send an URL via a workflow to be opened by a web browser. Can you please help me? example: i want the workflow, as soon as the appointment finishes, to open a URL (http://www.google.com) On Aug 6, 6:58=A0pm, Ali BARADA <a.bar...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > the problem am facing is that I want to be able to send an URL via a > workflow to be opened by a web browser. Can you please help me? > > example: i want the workflow, as soon as the appointment finishes, to > open a URL (http://www.google.com) Given workf...

Keyboard Shortcut #2
Is there a keyboard short cut or quick way to switch between tabs or worksheets in an Excel workbook? Thanks Steve Switch tab: Ctrl + PageUp / PageDown Switch workbook: Ctrl + Tab / Shift + Ctrl + Tab (backward) HTH "Steve Cohen" <sacohen@bellsouth.net> �b�l�� news:Gjohb.33943$9a7.17809@bignews6.bellsouth.net �����g... > Is there a keyboard short cut or quick way to switch between tabs or > worksheets in an Excel workbook? > > Thanks > > Steve > > Here are two links that provide info on more keyboard shortcuts. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/...

Error while backup SystemState via DPM 2010
Hi.. we backup the SystemState of our Server via DPM 2010. Since we're upgrade from DPM 2007 RTM to DPM 2010RC (now we use DPM 2010 RTM) on the Server DPM is hosted a eventlog error occured every day after the backup is finished: Source: FilterManager, Event ID: 3 "Filter Manager failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolume....'. This volume will be unavailable for filtering until a reboot. The final status was 0xc03a001c." Server Version: Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 any ideas? Alex ...

Office 2007 on Windows 7
I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7. I also purchased Office 2007 but I notice that Windows 7 is not shown on the Office package. Can I install Office 2007 without any propblems? Answered your first posting. apensa wrote: > I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7. I also purchased Office 2007 > but I notice that Windows 7 is not shown on the Office package. Can I > install Office 2007 without any propblems? ...

Windows XP SP2
Has anyone else noticed that after installed Windows XP SP2, emails in Outlook sit in the Outbox for several "noticable" seconds before sending. Sam <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Has anyone else noticed that after installed Windows XP > SP2, emails in Outlook sit in the Outbox for > several "noticable" seconds before sending. I believe I saw this documented on the Microsoft web site. -- Brian Tillman ...

Keyboard shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+I stopped working
Using Office 2003 on Win XP SP2. Recently the Keyboard shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+I stopped working for quickly switch to your Inbox. Any advice? John ...

Volume License copy of Windows Server
Gurus, Is there anyway anymore to get a full Volume License copy of Windows Server (e.g., version 2008) which does NOT require Internet activation? -- Spin Start with Vista/Windows 2008, your options to activate are by Internet or Phone. I believe the command that kicks it off is: slui.exe 4 "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote in message news:84nk89Far1U1@mid.individual.net... > Gurus, > > Is there anyway anymore to get a full Volume License copy of Windows > Server (e.g., version 2008) which does NOT require Internet activation? > ...

Can we get newsgroups with Windows Live Mail?
Currently we have WindowsXP, SP3, OE. How will Windows7 get newsgroups? Will these be part of "Windows Live Mail" as they are in OE? Please help, Frank Newsgroups work virtually the same in WLMail as they do in OE. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message news:uybUM2d2KHA.2284@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Currently we have WindowsXP, SP3, OE. > > How will Windows7 get newsgroups? Will these be part of "Windows Live > Mail" as they ...

Outlook 2007 in Windows 7
I've installed Office 2007 in Windows 7. Then I installed Lotus Notes 8.5 as my default mail client. After that I opened Outlook 2007 then it prompted to set Outlook 2007 as the default and I clicked Yes. But still the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\shell\open\command value is LotuNotes exe destination. What is the reason for this. But if I use <a href="mailto:dummymail@dum.edu">send mail</a> tag in my HTML page it opens Outlook 2007 new mail window. How does the mailto protocol identifies the default mail client and open the new mail window? Pls someo...