scroll window

Hello!

I read a  book called programming Visual C++ says.

"If you use the mouse to shrink the size of an ordinary window, the contents
of the window remain anchored at the top of the window, and items at the
bottom and/or the right of the window disappear. When you expand the window,
the items reappear.You can correctly conclude that a window is larger then
the viewport that you see on the screen. the viewport doesn't have to be
anchored at the top left of the window area however. Through the use of the
CWnd functions ScrollWindow and SetWindowOrg, the CscrollView class allows
you to move the viewport anywhere within the window, including areas above
and to the left of the origin."

I wonder what does the book mean by saying." the viewport doesn't have to be
anchored at the top left of the window area however.  allows you to move the
viewport anywhere within the window, including areas above and to the left
of the origin"

What does actually viewport mean? Is it what you see on the screen?
When  you scroll it's allways that the last part of the window that
disapper.You can't change that?

//Tony

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Tony Johansson wrote:
> What does actually viewport mean? Is it what you see on the screen?
> When  you scroll it's allways that the last part of the window that
> disapper.You can't change that?
>
> //Tony

It means the portion of the client area that you see.  Your code (in
OnDraw) can paint any desired part of a larger picture.  In CScrollView,
the logical coordinate system is, by default, adjusted so your painting
matches the scroll bar positions.

To see a good example of using CScrollView to scroll a larger picture go
through the SCRIBBLE tutorial in the help.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott

floating info windows
I am currently writing an application for editing files which involve maps (which in this context means associating a number or value with different (x,y) coordinates). This app works graphically kindof like a paint program. I wanted to add in the OnMouseMove() handler of my view class, some way to control a floating box near the mouse that would provide info on where in the map (coordinates and such) the mouse was located. So I decided to try using a modeless dialog box (tell me if that is a crazy idea). I have similar things used in programs like AutoCAD. So I have a class associated wi...

does the windows file handle change?
does the windows file handle change? are file handles unique to the whole operating system or just the current directoy? if a file is opened then closed then opened again, does the file handle remain the same? ...

Scroll Window Contens While Scrolling
Office 2000 I can scroll through a worksheet by rolling the mouse wheel, or clicking the arrows on the scroll bars, but if I grab a scroll bar and slide it, the window contents don't follow until I release the mouse button. Shouldn't the window contents scroll while sliding the bar ? I can't find anything in Tools or Help. Thanks, David... That feature is in xl2002. So MS agreed with you and wants you to upgrade! <vbg> SalsaMaster wrote: > > Office 2000 > > I can scroll through a worksheet by rolling the mouse wheel, or clicking the > arrows on the ...

Get hWnd for scroll bars (CListCtrl)
Hi, I seem to have come across a minor difficulty with finding the window handle of scroll bars for the CListCtrl, when it creates them automatically, as the docs say, GetScrollBarCtrl is rendered useless in this situation. Can anyone think of a clever way of getting these scroll bars hWnds' so I can use the FlatSB API's on them? -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do" Isaac Asimov Mark, What makes you think that the scroll bar is a child of the listctrl. If you use...

Controlling A Window 7 Box From XP
Hi, Is it possible to control a Windows 7 box (a media server) from an XP box? The XP laptop acts as the keyboard and monitor for the Windows 7 box over a wireless LAN. It would be helpful if the Windows 7 box boots in the needed state. Thanks, Gary If no answer here try the Win7 forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro "Abby Brown" <abbybrown@charter.net> wrote in message news:eCZWYmqTLHA.784@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is it possible to control a Windows 7 box (a media server) from an XP box? >...

Windows Live mail/apple phone
If I delete a message off my phone it is deleted off of windows live mail also. How do I stop this? What type of mail account, POP, IMAP, HTTP? Who is the mail service provider? For a POP account, that's strictly up to the settings in your phone, which we don't have information for.. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Duane" wrote in message news:81D27294-996E-4449-93B1-9417D89BBC22@microsoft.com... If I delete a message off my phone it is deleted off of windows live mail also. How do I stop this? Configure the account on the iPhone to Leave the...

Install this update for Microsoft Windows
--ngdsyuwudmbsuymbp Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="eqalywunsloielo"; type="multipart/alternative" --eqalywunsloielo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lyntnzrvbkhjw" --lyntnzrvbkhjw Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Ins...

Address Book program for Windows CE 6
'Looking for a suggestion for an address book program for an ASUS MyPal A639. It has Outlook in it but I don't have Outlook on my computer and the need is to input some 200 to 300 names, addresses, phone numbers, birthday anniversaries, email addresses, FAX and cell numbers. Outlook looks like a bit overkill, if it can do the job. Any suggestion for a program to install on my computer, create the contacts database and then upload into the MyPal? Using the "stick" with the PDA could be detrimental to ones sanity. <G> -- Don Vancouver, USA Outlook is what th...

POP on a windows mobile 5.0 device
I want to be able to send and receive email via pop on my windows mobile phone version 5. I can recieve but I cant send. i do the following mail.domain.com using ssl username and password enable outbound mail using same credentials. with no ssl and even using sll doesnt work. I tried it using outlook express and i get the same error message on outbound mail only. what do i need to do on exchange to allow me to send email out. my exchange server allows relaying with authenicated users. Any particular reason you are using POP instead of the builtin activesync (airsync)? Todd "...

Reminder not popping up reminder window
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3347096123_764024 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit I use two displays with my MacBook Pro and I use the external display as the main monitor with my dock,etc. and I want to setup my reminders to pop-up on the laptop screen so they stand out more. Currently, the only ways I can use reminders is: * To have the window always displayed on the external monitor which makes it hard to s...

Where can I get a listing of all windows messages in numerical order for lookup by number ?
Can anyone tell me if there is a listing on the web of all the windows messages in numerical order? Thanks Have you tried a google search? Note that many messages have multiple meanings, depending on which type of control they are being sent to. joe On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 13:09:39 +0100, Jo <usenet_AT_tecno.demon.co.uk@JUNKBLOCK.COM> wrote: >Can anyone tell me if there is a listing on the web of all the windows >messages in numerical order? > >Thanks Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/...

my mouse pointer is transparent in the Outlook window, what is th.
I have just installed the upgrade version of Office Professional 2003 and after configuring my email successfully, upon the first loading of the Outlook screen... the mouse became transparent when in the Outlook window. As it passed to the task bar or to another window it reappeared. ...

Windows In Taskbar #3
Even though I have Windows in Taskbar checked under Tools, Options, View, the list of several files open in Excel 2003 does not display. It only displays one file name. Ctrl + Tab will switch to the next available, but does not allow for a selection process. Any Fixes? Are you sure there isn't a little down arrow to the right of the fil name in the task bar? There should be. If so, click on hte arrow an you will have a list of windows -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This is a setting that's kept in the windows registry. For some reason, yours isn't being kep...

How to add and Vendor to Item Maintenance window
Hi Everyone, I am trying to use Modifier to add some fields to the Item Maintenance window: The last cost the item was recieved, the qty that was recieved, date, and vendor name. I understand that you have to use Modifier and VBA to add fields that aren't in the linked tables but how exactly do I go about it in VBA? Can someone help me with the steps and the VBA code needed to do this? You will need to modify the Item Card window and add your new fields, then you will need to add your modified window to VBA and query the database for data loading. Learn more about VBA a...

Printable manuals GP version 10.0 on Windows 7
Hi, I have a client that has installed Windows 7 Professional client operating system. They are on version 10.0. The Printable manuals that are accessed via the ? help button do not open. The table of contents of the manuals is available but when you click on a particular series it does not open. They have installed Adobe PDF version 9 latest service packs but this has not fixed the issue. If i locate the manual through windows explore and the documentation folder under GP i can open the manual. Can anyone assist? Thanks -- Geoff James ...

Excel 2007, Windows 7 Pro
User closes Excel, but excel.exe process still running and consuming resources, to the point where it causes system to hang. Any explanation for why Excel doesn''t actually close when user closes it? User also does not use Outlook or Acrobat (so no add-ins there). TIA Is programming code used to open or close Excel? If so, the cause is probably in the code. -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware .. .. .. "jampie" <blackhill56@gmail.com> wrote in message User closes Excel, but excel.exe process still running and consuming res...

windows media player and Tiger
I just installed tiger in my mac powerbook. I can't run windws media player videos since. I've downloaded the recent version. No help. I can see WMP format if I run it from a CD but it won't run is I transfer them to the desktop. I've tried removing the pref. files and plist files. No better. Any idea. WMP used to run well from Panther. Hi, I just reported a similar problem to Microsoft. Your observations are correct. There's something about Tiger + WMP that doesn't work right. -Jim -- Jim Gordon Mac MVP MVP FAQ <http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?s...

Can't select text with mouse Outlook 2007 Windows 7
Can't use the mouse to select text in Outlook 2007 messages. (Works fine in Word 2007, Internet Explorer 8.) Using Windows 7. Thanks. Have the same problem. Allso in Word. If I restart the application (both Word and Outlook) it works for a few seconds and then the mouse stops working. Windows 7 64-bit and Office 2007 ...

window sizing in Excel
I have two spreadsheets that have long names, and they names are the same until the very end. I want to copy one worksheet from one workbook to the other. When I right click on the worksheet tab, select Move or Copy, I get a window asking where I want to move or copy to. So far so good, my problem is that I can't see the full names of the two open workbooks because the window isn't big enough, and you cannot scroll. How do I view the full file names in the windows? It's the same thing with most selection windows, they cannot be resized. I've never seen a way. But d...

Get text of the specified window
MyGetWindowTextFromPoint(&pt) { POINT pt; GetCursorPos(&pt); WindowFromPoint(&pt); ... } in this code sniff set I want write a function that, Get the current cursor pos and get the text where cursor pos. It is Simple, if the cursor pos in simple "EditCtrl" based application, it is simple. But how can I recognize a text when a different fonts and a diffrent font size. Somet text in Internet Explorer's brower control("Internet Explor_Server". Copy the text from the target window into the Clipboard and then int your code Past it into a CRichEdit...

Buffer Overrun Detected GP9 Windows 2000 Server
I got this error when I reinstalled SP3 and its latest Hot Fix to GP in a Windows 2000 Server. Prior to this, GP was running well in this server. After the reinstallation, rebooting and going in GP Utilities, I went to GP to start the application and got the Buffer error: BUFFER OVERRUN DETECTED! Program: ...ogram Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\DYNAMICS.EXE I can't get in the GP application in the server. How can this be fixed. FYI: Found solution. See kb946280 and kb850465 "RicoTowers" wrote: > I got this error when I reinstalled SP3 and its latest Hot Fix to GP in ...

how to convert mod to wmv/avi/mp4/mov/mpg for Mac/Windows
Nowdays, more and more people use camcorder to record something happy, such as birthday party, wedding, graduation etc. While, maybe lots of you aren?t familiar with these tools, feeling frustrated about how to convert and import properly those .MOD video files. Now here, I give some little tips and hope it useful to all of you. [b]First, what?s Mod?[/b] .Mod files are actually MPEG-2 files with AC3 audio, similar to a VOB file on a DVD or the M2T files used on Sony hard drive camcorders, this video file format is used on many digital camcorders, such as the JVC Everio, the Canon FS100 a...

Excel 2007
In my old version of office, I could start writing a basic formula and mid-way scroll to another location on the worksheet to select a cell for the formula. I cannot find any way to do this in 2007 and have to use the scroll bar at the side of the worksheet - am I missing something (apart from the tooks menu!!) (Has anyone retroengineered a way to get rid of these thrice damned ribbons and get the old office back?) Any help appreciated! Thanks Click the Office Ribbon Button (colorful round circle at the top Left corner)>Excel Options>Advanced>Editing Options>C...

Picture scroll with active cell
Hi Everyone I've taken John McGimpsey's code and modified then for my needs. What I'm trying to do is, have the picture follow along with the active cell. I 've got a list of names from B3:B62 and D3:D62 that matches a picture. Now the picture are staying at the top, and would like them to scroll down with the selection. Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim oPic As Picture Me.Pictures.Visible = False For Each oPic In Me.Pictures If oPic.Name = ActiveCell.Text Then ...

Windows Live Mail .eml Link
Hello guys, I would like to ask if someone knows if it is possible to get the Location of the .eml of an email message that we browse with Windows Live Mail. I would like maybe Drag and drop the email and the the .eml link or developing a plugin that will copy that location to the clipboard to use it for creating a Global URI. Thanks in advance, George Example: i have a message from Microsoft Live Mail with Subject example and i want to extract the Location: C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\xxxxxxx\Junk E-mail\39F179FD-00000051.eml this lin...