Saving a scrollable image in bitmap and jpeg format

I have a picture control in which i am diaplaying images of various
sizes if size go beyond the size of the dialog then scrollbars becomes
active so view the hidden image.
But when wriiten two functions to save that bitmap  following problems
occured:
1> For the first function it was saving only viewable area of teh
bitmap
2> for second if i have specified the dimensions as 800 X 600 and
picture control diamensions is 345 X 330 then it is taking area outside
dialog to get image of the 800 X 600

How can i save the image with same dimensions with which i am
displaying it ?
Thanking in anticipation!!

0
mesushant (27)
3/20/2006 1:48:27 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Post your saving code. It sounds like you are saving what's displayed on a
the screen DC vs. what really should be saved.

AliR.

"Sam" <mesushant@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a picture control in which i am diaplaying images of various
> sizes if size go beyond the size of the dialog then scrollbars becomes
> active so view the hidden image.
> But when wriiten two functions to save that bitmap  following problems
> occured:
> 1> For the first function it was saving only viewable area of teh
> bitmap
> 2> for second if i have specified the dimensions as 800 X 600 and
> picture control diamensions is 345 X 330 then it is taking area outside
> dialog to get image of the 800 X 600
>
> How can i save the image with same dimensions with which i am
> displaying it ?
> Thanking in anticipation!!

0
AliR3470 (3236)

Where is the Keep Text Formatting feature located in Word 07
I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I have been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm trying to rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all other document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks. Are you referring to a Keep Text Formatting feature in an earlier version of Word? I wonder whether what you're looking for is "Paste Unformatted," since you seem to be saying you _don...

Conditional format #12
Hi. I am trying to set a conditional format. If NETWORKDAYS(A1,TODAY())> 3 I would like the cell to format with red shading. How do is set the formula in the condtional statement? I tried ="NETWORKDAYS(A1,TODAY())>3" , but this doesn't seem to work. Thanks, Mike. Hi Mike! It doesn't work because the NETWORKDAYS function is in another workbook (the Analysis ToolPak add-in). You can use a workaround by putting your condition in a separate cell (eg B1) and then referring to that cell: B1 =NETWORKDAYS(A1,TODAY()) Then your conditional format for A1 becomes:...

Finding a text and save it's address
Hi all, In a specificspred sheet list,I am look for a specific text.after finding the text,I need to save it's position . my hinge is to use combination of .find ()& .address....If you know the answer,please let me know Thank you very much! I have a VBA procedure at http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/Findall.aspx that will find all occurrences of a value in a specified range of cells. As its result, it returns a Range object that references each cell in which the value was found. Using that function (posted at the end of this message), you can do something like: Sub AAA() Dim RangeT...

formating color
hi i have a formating question. i have cells with number choices i them. for example the cell looks like this. 100, 105, 123, 041, 514, 455 now i want to go back and select one of these. i wanted to highligh the one that was chosen. but it will not let me. is there a way i ca do this? it will only allow me to highlight the entire cell, not jus parts of it. thank you in advanc -- RAPPE ----------------------------------------------------------------------- RAPPEL's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3624 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

How can I customize the Filter Drop down on the formatting toolbar
I want to clear everything out of it, except the customized filters I have created. Can i do that? Project > Filter by > More Filters, then select each one, Edit, and remove the checkbox for Show in Menu. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I want to clear everything out of it, except the customized filters I > have created. Can i do that? > I've tried that - it doesn't affect that drop down filter list - whether they are checked or not. "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote: > Project > Filter by > Mo...

clipboard doesn't always save contents
Is there a setting that lets Excel save clipboard contents until something overwrites it? I'm on Excel 2003 and ever since I can remember when you highlight a cell or a group of cells and then hit CTRL+C to copy the cell(s) get marqueed. When you move to a different cell they can be copied. But if you save the sheet or do various other things like deleting a different sheet in the workbook the clipboard is erased so that you can no longer copy them into anything else. If I were to copy some cells to the clipboard and then close the workbook, I would not be able to paste that info in...

How to correct saving excel file on portable flash drive?
Have been saving an excel file on a portable flash drive for some time now. Now receiving the message ...unable to create file or directory. I am still able to save other files to my flash drive so that can not be the problem. Also no problem saving the file in my documents on c: drive. Hi one should NEVER save an excel file directly to a removeable storage system. This could just create corrupted Excel files. Are you able to open the file after saved to the harddisc? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jonathangbs wrote: > Have been saving an excel file on a portable flash...

Formatting
I received a pub doc from a third party. It was formatted as a 11x16 size. Once I decreased it to 8.5x11 and view the doc under 'print preview' the entirety of the image did not view. Basically, the image didn't shrink with the size. Any input? Patty wrote: > I received a pub doc from a third party. It was formatted as a 11x16 size. > Once I decreased it to 8.5x11 and view the doc under 'print preview' the > entirety of the image did not view. Basically, the image didn't shrink with > the size. Any input? Publisher doesn't resize the contents o...

Avoid "Save" dialog after running AutoOpen macro
I wrote AutoOpen macro that shows or hides the Document Map depending of a document properties. The macro works properly, but now, when I close any document, I get a prompt "Do you want to save the changes..." even if I have changed nothing in the document. I tried to put "ActiveDocument.Saved = True" as the last command of the AutoOpen macro, but it doesn't help. So far I've found a workaround: I put "ActiveDocument.Save" as the last command of the AutoOpen macro. However, the workaround causes updating a document's modified time eve...

Same image/every page
Hi I'm wondering if it is possible to have a png image appear automatically on every page. It needs to sit behind the text, and to further complicate things, needs to shift with the gutter depending on whether it is on a left or right page. This is of course a breeze with a page layout app but the client insists the project be completed in Word. Alternatively, is there something like a Paste in Place command in Word? TIA mw maxxwitt wrote: > Hi > I'm wondering if it is possible to have a png image appear > automatically on every page. It needs to sit behind the text, and ...

Formatting multiple object types in output from a function?
I'm stumped on this one, and have searched and searched for a solution or how-to with no luck. Perhaps it just can't be done. I have a function that may or may not return objects of multiple types. I've setup the type and formatting information for each of the individual types in format.ps1xml files, and when only 1 type is returned by the function the formatting works as I would expect. However, if two or more types are returned by the function, only the formatting for the first object type is applied and then the other types are displayed however PoSH deems ap...

Conditional Format #20
I see that I can only use 3 conditional formats. I need a few more than 3 is there any way to do this. Kevin Try this free add-in on Bob Phillips' website: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFPlus.Download.html Another possibility (albeit limited) is to combine your conditional formats with custom formatting. See J.E. McGimpsey's site for an example: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/conditional6.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I see that I can only use 3 conditional formats. I need a few more than 3 is >there any way to do this. > >Kev...

Allow html and images in e-mail templates
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7833001c-d399-42a3-a109-583a5ef9167d&dg=microsoft.public.crm Richer e-mail template tools (and ones that are easier for...

Displaying images as a result of an 'if' statement
Is it possible to write an if statement to display a picture if a cel contains a certain value? Ive got if statements nailed, its not problem with that i have, just the returning of an image, rather tha text ar a hyperlink. Eg, "if cell A1="stadium", to show a picture of a stadium in cell C1" Thanks in advance for any hel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not possible with formulas -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Is it possible to write an if statement to display a picture if a cell > contains a certain value? Ive got if statemen...

Why am I prompted to save?
Why is it when closing certain files that I�m prompted to save when I haven�t changed a thing? This question was posted earlier about a month ago from someone else and the response didn�t explain anything. I understand why certain functions such as TODAY() and NOW() would require the save dialog to pop up on closing but why INDIRECT, OFFSET or CELL ect., what�s happening with these functions? I don�t get it. Matt -- Flintstone ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Flintstone's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=...

Save Link Problem
Hi I run Windows 2000 & Excell 2000 with service pack 3. I have an autoshape button that I have added a hyperlink to which opens a html file on a server. When I add the hyperlink and press the autoshape it takes me to the file ok. I can do this as many times as I like and it works ok. The problem arises after I save the spreadsheet. As soon as I save the spreadsheet the hyperlink no longer works. I get the error message "The address of this site is not valid, Check the address and try again". To add some more mystery to this, I emailed the file to a friend and he inserte...

Saving data in Access table with VB ?
I have a form with a button and if you click the button, a list of invoices are generated and saved in the table 'Invoice'. Problem is, the data isnt saved :( Here's my code: Private Sub Knop0_Click() Dim Invoicenr As Long Dim Invoicedate As Date stdocname = "Invoice" DoCmd.OpenTable stdocname, acViewNormal, acAd Invoicenr = 111111 Invoicedate = Now DoCmd.Save acTable, stdocname End Sub What am I doing wrong ? Answered in microsoft.public.access "Bauhaus" <niemandhier@pandora.be> wrote in message news:7Exii.2418$yf6.1885@biebel.telenet-ops.be...

Macro to "save as"
Hi, Am using excel 2003 and am wanting to create a macro, attached to a button, that will save as a particular cell #, say A2, and then print. Have the print down pat, but can't figure out the save as part....... -- Thanks for the help What is in cell A2? Try things like these, depending on what you have and what you want to do.... ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Range("A2").Value & ".xls" ThisWorkbook.SaveCopyAs Range("A2").Value & ".xls" ThisWorkbook.SaveAs "C:\Folder Path\" & Range("A2").Value & ".xls", Ad...

Conditional formatting / blank cells
Hello, I need help with a Conditional Format. This is my worksheet. Row 4 A B C D E F G H I $200 $210 I want a conditional format in G4 that states if G4 is greater than or equal to F4 the fill colour is green. If G4 is less than F4, the fill colour is red. If G4 is blank, the fill colour is white. I've tried numerous combinations, but cannot seem to get this to work. Thanks torkattack. Test for the blank first. -- David Biddulph "torkattack" <torkattack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Excel could not save all the data and formatting you recently added
Hi, One of our users sent me an Excel file of 6 MiB. It has 7 worksheets. Most of them have <100 rows and AH columns, one sheet has 13160 rows and AH columns. The large sheet has autofilter enabled, but no actual filtering is done. (yet) 4 columns have validation: they allow a list of values specified in a range somewhere else in the sheet. There is also conditional formatting. It takes >30 seconds to calculate the sheet, however there are no real calculations, just a few concatenated string. My first impression is that this is yet another example of Excel (ab)used as a database. The p...

Saving email attachments
Receive the following error message when selecting File, Save Attachments on an email with several files attached: File name is not valid ...

Saves to History, etc.
Regarding saves to History, saves to Recent Documents, saves to documents, how does one turn off those saves? Log on as Guest. b11_ wrote: > Regarding saves to History, saves to Recent Documents, saves to documents, > how does one turn off those saves? Thanks Bob for the info but as a guest wouldn't I have a problem installing new software __________________________________________________________ "Bob I" wrote: > Log on as Guest. > > b11_ wrote: > > Regarding saves to History, saves to Recent Documents, saves to documents, > &...

PDF format pagination
I have several reports utilizing Landscape layout. I followed the Report Writers Guide from the SDK with the Width at 11 and Height 8.25 or smaller. However, when I export it to the PDF format, the layout shows up Portrait. How could I change this? The export is fine in Excel with the correct margin setup. Thanks. ...

CSV, Milliseconds default formatting of mm:ss.0
When I generate some CSV files I need to include milliseconds. When anyone opens the file in Excel (in my case part of Office 2003, SP2) the datetimes appear with a default formatting of mm:ss.0. This is frustrating and appears unprofessional on my part when clients open the file. They assume I have made some sort of mistake. I have already thought of generating using =DATE(blah)+TIME(blah)+millis/(24*60*60*1000) but I don't like the idea. How can I change the default format so that it would be something more sensible and my clients and I could avoid the drudgery of clicking on the...

Conditional formatting formula with multiple criteria
Hi all, Have been puzzling over this for a while now, and can't get it right! Using conditional formatting, I want to: If any of the cells in Column B are blank, and the cells in Column C are blank, and the date in Column D is less than todays date - 3 days, turn the cell bold and red Can someone please help? I have tried all different variations and just can't get it! Thanks, Kirstie Kirstie Your questions sound like you wish to pick up whether there is a blank ANYWHERE in column B AND (not or) ALL cells in column C are blank AND that the date in a single cell in colum...