runtime error in release mode.

Hi group , i have developed an application. in debug mode it works
fine but when trying to run in release mode it produces runtime error.

Any clues on what led this .
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

General suggestion is to run the application with application verifier on
(with maximum options). This will give you some details and ideas.

--
Volodymyr

"abhishek" <guptaabhishek1983@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi group , i have developed an application. in debug mode it works
> fine but when trying to run in release mode it produces runtime error.

It would be interesting to have more details about the problem, like what is
the error message, the stack trace, the offending portion of source code...

Giovanni

I've found that this is often a problem with an uninitialized variable
(sometimes used as an index).  The debug version initializes variables
differently.  I specifically look for ones on the stack.  If you can narrow
in on where the problem occurs you could just look around that area and see
what you see.  You can also run a release mode application in the debugger
and step through the lines.  It will not always hit on the right line since
the code is optimized, but it might help you figure out where it is
breaking.

Tom

"abhishek" <guptaabhishek1983@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi group , i have developed an application. in debug mode it works
> fine but when trying to run in release mode it produces runtime error.
>
> Any clues on what led this .

0
tom.nospam (3240)
1/15/2008 2:58:37 PM
> Any clues on what led this .

Generally an error in the code leads to this.  Find were the error is and
correct it.

AliR.

0
AliR3470 (3236)
1/15/2008 3:51:36 PM
You always have the pragmatic advice Ali :o)

Tom

"AliR (VC++ MVP)" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message
>> Any clues on what led this .
>
> Generally an error in the code leads to this.  Find were the error is and
> correct it.
>
> AliR.

0
tom.nospam (3240)
1/15/2008 5:29:46 PM
Being pragmatic is a prerequisite for becoming a programmer. ;)

AliR.

"Tom Serface" <tom.nospam@camaswood.com> wrote in message
> You always have the pragmatic advice Ali :o)
>
> Tom
>
> "AliR (VC++ MVP)" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message
>>> Any clues on what led this .
>>
>> Generally an error in the code leads to this.  Find were the error is and
>> correct it.
>>
>> AliR.

0
AliR3470 (3236)
1/15/2008 5:36:15 PM
> Being pragmatic is a prerequisite for becoming a programmer. ;)

I don't know, some of the Windows code I've seen is most definitely not
pragmatic!  ;)

0
dc2983 (3206)
1/15/2008 5:39:17 PM
You saw non-MS code :)))

--
Volodymyr

"David Ching" <dc@remove-this.dcsoft.com> wrote in message
> "AliR (VC++ MVP)" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message
>> Being pragmatic is a prerequisite for becoming a programmer. ;)
>>

> I don't know, some of the Windows code I've seen is most definitely not
> pragmatic!  ;)

Error message 0x800ccc13 #3
I can send but I can't receive my email. The error message refers to a TCP/IP error and lists error # 0x800ccc13. It appears that my email setup is fine. Does anyone have a solution? Thx ...

Error Message #5
When I try to save my data to an Access DB I get this Message Unable to write to database. Make sure database is not protected and has valid field data type. There is an extra field in the DB when I created the record tith Excel. WT_RCID is added like an auto number, but I had placed my own auto number called (Record Number). What do I do to be able to save my records in Access? Hi i couldn't find a previous post from you on this topic so i'm not sure if i'm coming into the middle of a conversation - so ignore me if i am. How are you trying to write to Access. If you&#...

error loading dll
I'm running Office '98 on a mac, trouble free for years. Recently experienced bizarre behavior following "error in loading dll". Some files don't load, the computer may hang, and the statistics tool disappeared. Worse, the problem spread to my similarly configured home computer. Is there some old virus that I was lucky enough to miss first time around? Please respond to jmcgowan@usna.edu. Cheers, Joe ...

#value error #4
I am getting #value error in a formula.comparing a text string(using wildcard) in a column range with a text string(wild card) I want extract row numbers that matches that string in a range as array formula.While checking in formula evaluation,to find where I did wrong,I found results are coming correctly at all steps except final step.At last stage of formula evaluation I find =if(false,false,true,false,# value,false,true,#value) like this.The true values are the results what I desire.Then I used the function if(iserror,.That also didn't work. Any body please help me to how can I ...

Document not Saved error
Occasionally, a user will get the error message, Document not Saved, when trying to save a spreadsheet. Save as, saving to a different drive results in the same message. To recover, you can Copy the whole sheet, exit then go back into Excel, then past, then save it. We use Excel 97. Does anyone know why this is happening? When you save a file, excel will save it as a temporary file (8 characters, no extension). Then if that save is successful, excel will delete the original and rename this funny named file to the original's name. You see the results when something interferes wi...

Error on log file growth.
I am getting this error when we try to grow a logfile. FCB::ZeroFile(), GetOverLappedResult(): Operating system error 27(The drive cannot find the sector requested.) encountered. SQL 2008 Enterprise 64 bit SP1 Windows 2008 R2 64 bit fully patched. Latest firmware and drivers for HP EVA 6400 San, 4 8GB QLogic HBAs TIA! David Hay On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 07:52:06 -0700 (PDT), David Hay <david.hay@gmail.com> wrote: > >I am getting this error when we try to grow a logfile. > >FCB::ZeroFile(), GetOverLappedResult(): Operating system error 27(The >dri...

Sub error
I have created this macro but everytime I run it the Columns it hides is incorrect. It hides FGHIJK it should only hide GHI. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Thank you for your help. Sub Done_Changes() ' ' Done_Changes Macro ' ' Range("G11:H50").Select Selection.Locked = True Selection.FormulaHidden = False ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=42 Range("G54:H58").Select Selection.Locked = True Selection.FormulaHidden = False ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=9 Range("G62:H74").Select Selection.Locked = T...

MS Exchange Settins.FAV error
Please help... I can't use outlook. Every time I try to access outlook I get this error "Outlook could not save the updated folder shortcut information. Check to make sure there is sufficient disk space and that the file "MS Exchange Settings.FAV" is not marked read-only. All changes made during this session will be lost. I have looked every where I can think and I am lost. Try renaming that .FAV file to .OLD while Outlook is closed and see if it's rebuilt when Outlook reopens. .FAV files hold the Outlook Bar shortcuts, and it's possible the file has beco...

Error message 03-15-10
I am running a database developed in Access 2000. One of the users in the office is using Office 2003 on a Windows 7Business Professional. When he tries to load the database he gets the following error message. "Your Microsoft Office Access database or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file 'dao360.dll' version 5.0." Other users can run the database fine on Office 2003 but are using Windows XP Professional. How can I get it to run? -- Anne "Anne" <Anne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01EDADDB-389E-40...

canadian payroll errors when accessing employee setup #2
Hi, I've recently upgrading from Great Plains 7.5 to 8.0 and when i try to access Payroll Employee Setup, i get the message "A get/change first operation on table 'P_CPY_SETP_Employer_Number' failed accessing SQL Data. When i click on the more info box i get [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'PDM.dbo.zDP_CPY10010F_1'. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'PNFHlthExpAcctInx'. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'PNFHlthPayAcctInx'. [Microsof...

Improved Error Handling Messages/Supporting documentation
The level of error handling messages within CRM 3.0 is mostly at a summary level and means that troubleshooting and investigation timeframes becomes unnecessarily lengthened. For example in trying to import campaign responses the error message under Activities\Bulk Import\Failures\"Data in row did not match the import type" 0x8004032d Unfortunately this error message does not indicate which field is erroring out on so trying to troubleshoot somethign which in principle appears fairly simple becomes an onerous task - and is hit/miss in terms of success. Is it possible to prov...

Mass e-mail errors when Word access Outlook
Hi; When Word accesses Outlook for a mass e-mail it says 'another program is trying to access outlook automatically to send e-mails' You set it to allow access for 10 minutes, however it continues to ask for every e- mail. Any solutions? I tried adjusting security levels but no luck. Thanks. Lee ...

Can't see Potential Customers in Offline Mode
When I go offline and use Outlook for CRM, click on Opportunities to view them, I cannot see the Potential Customers for the accounts I don't own, even though they are shared out to me and I'm a CRM admin. Why is it doing this? Thanks. -- Client Solutions Manager Micro Strategies Hi, You have to define rules for offline mode in Menu CRM. By default, only rule for "My Account" are defined. Regards, Andrey "Kyle Conquy" wrote: > When I go offline and use Outlook for CRM, click on Opportunities to view > them, I cannot see the Potential Customers fo...

#DIV/0! Error
Hi I get an error (#DIV/0!) when I divide one cell by the other and there are no entries in the cells. How can i get the folrmula to surpress the error (show a blank cell) when there are no entries in the cells that the formula refers to? Could you please provide an example Thanks John =IF(B1=0,"",A1/B1) -- HTH Bob Phillips "Joohn Calder" <JoohnCalder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A736933-8B5E-4D25-A67F-AADE56803802@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I get an error (#DIV/0!) when I divide one cell by the other and there are > no ent...

CFile::Seek() runtime error in Windows 98/ME
Hi, in my application I have this code: #define POS_CABECERA 258048 CFile f; f.Open(m_fichero,CFile::modeRead|CFile::typeBinary); f.Seek(POS_CABECERA,CFile::begin); f.Read(config,sizeof(cfgstruct)); f.Close(); POS_CABECERA is a #defined position on my file (the file that I'm opening is the own executable), and in Windows 2000/XP all works fine, but when i run in Windows 98/ME I have a runtime error in the call to Seek, what i am doing wrong? I don't have more info about the error because my Visual Studio is installed in a Windows XP, by the way, can I debug my application ru...

query values and destination fields error
I am trying to get this code to add HorseID to tblDailyCharge.HorseID when I update this form, but I am getting the error: Number of query values and destination fields are not the same! Private Sub subSetInvoiceDetailsValues() CurrentProject.Connection.Execute "INSERT INTO tblAdditionCharge(InvoiceID,ChargeID,HorseID,DayNo,ChargeNumber,AdditionCharge, " _ & " AdditionChargeAmount)SELECT " & lngInvoiceID & "," & "ChargeID" _ & "," & cbHorseName.value & ",DayNo,ChargeNumber,Ad...

Enforcing Cached Mode Outlook 2003 Clients
How can one enforce Cached mode for outlook 2003 clients? Once you set it you could use a policy to deny users access to the mail icon in control panel. Or use the ORK to create a transform file that installs outlook in cached exchange mode and never allow control panel\mail access "CaseExchangeDesign" wrote: > How can one enforce Cached mode for outlook 2003 clients? Using Group Policy to enforce Cached Exchange Mode settings http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011402591033.aspx Follow the link above Cheers oz -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu ______...

Compatability Mode 02-02-10
I am using excel 2007 and every file I open seems to be in the compatability mode and I think it is slowing down everything from saving a file to printing, how can I get out of the compatability mode? -- Jim Jim, the way that I did it was to save the files as .xlsx files. Once you do this you won't get the warning up for that file any more. You get a warning up saying something like you may lose some formatting etc. I ignored the warning and have experienced no problems at all. Please hit Yes if my comments have helped. Thanks. "Jim S" wrot...

Importing a DLL: calling function error.
I'm importing a DLL and when I call its function "vDecode" I get an error message (see below). I think that the reason is that the function prototype I have is wrong (the DLL documentation -below- could be wrong, old, obsolete). BUT maybe I'm not importing the DLL right (I have not much experience importing DLLs) I reproduce the code below (simplified). Am I forgetting to do something to make this function work? Thanks a lot! Ricardo. ---------------------------------------------------------------- THE ERROR ========= Debug Error! Program: ... PROYECTOS\_TESTS\Coder\Debu...

Dynamics CRM 4.0: Virtual PC Image (RC0 Release)-Last Modified 18/11/2007
https://mbs.microsoft.com/Cms/Templates/document/General.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID={78370CDE-2EA2-439C-8A03-3C690992D044}&NRORIGINALURL=/partnersource/products/mscrm/newsevents/news/CRM4VPCImageRC0Release&NRCACHEHINT=Guest&wa=wsignin1.0 -- Aamir http://danishmscrm.blogspot.com/ ...

Error 91
One of the users I support gets the following message when he opens some ..xls files Timer: Error: 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. There are two scenarios where this happens. In both cases the error message appears above another message box. After clicking on the error box it continues to reappear until you quickly click the background message box. I searched the MS Knowledge base and some newsgroups such as this one, but all hits involved macros or custom code. There are no macros or custom code associated with any of these spreadsheets. Case 1: The spreads...

Error accessing organizational forms library
I have an Outlook form that I wish to deploy by publishing it to the organizational forms library. Trying to do so from Outlook yields "An error occurred while going to this folder". I did some searches and looked at this article: "How to Create an Organizational Forms Library in Exchange" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q244591/ I had our Exchange administrator follow the steps and he received error 80070005. We are stymied at this point and can't find a solution for accessing or creatiug the Organizational Forms Library so we can publish forms. Thanks for a...

APPCRASH error
In using microsoft Outlook 2007 I keep receiving an error and it will no longer even open. I have pasted the error message below. Have you ever seen this error and if so, do you know how to fix it? (I even tried to reinstall microsoft office - didn't help). Thank you for any assistance you can offer. Lisa Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE Application Version: 12.0.6514.5000 Application Timestamp: 4a89dc70 Fault Module Name: mspst32.dll Fault Module Version: 12.0.6514....

How to Handle Errors in The Code?
Hi, How should we handle the exceptions/errors in the Excel? I am using the following code, but during running it gave some errors. I wanted that if the error occurs during running, it would be handle automatically. What extra piece of code I add in order to handle the error? Any suggestion will be appreciated. I am getting the error like: a. File not found b. Object required. Regards BENAZIR CODE: Sub ArchivelogChk 'This module checks you are in archivelog mode, and aborts the entir thing 'if not. No point in trying to perform a hot backup unless you are. strFileOut=&...