Running Windows Media Player from MFC Application Query?

Hi all

I am making an application in which i displaying in a list control all the
mp3 files belonging to a folder selected by the user.

I want to add the following functionality.
As soon as the user double clicks on any of the displayed MP3 file, i want
to invoke the windows Media Player and play that MP3 file.

Now how i invoke the Windows Media Player for my MFC Application?

Waiting for suggestions

Regards

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Do MFC ActiveX Controls have dual interfaces?
Do MFC ActiveX Controls have dual interfaces? Kurt ...

Update Record Performance
I currently have C++ code that processes a raw data file containing multiple types of records. The code creates records in multiple tables in an Access database depending on the record type. The records are created one at a time as the data is read. I don't think this is very efficient. But I can't change this part of the processing. There are hunderes of thousands of records in raw data and the tables. I now need to update fields in created records from data contained in other tables in the database. The options I've come up with are: 1. In the C++ code, read t...

window fly in arbitrary direct lines
I have one window whom I want to fly in arbitrary direct lines across the screen (its not a jpeg as in screen saver case but a window). Is there some way (or a sample) how to do that smoothly? Thanks Vinter Well, do you mean "across the screen" or "across the client area of its parent"? There are a couple different issues depending on the answer. The simple answer is to have in your mainframe code something like the following that will move it right-to-left LRESULT CMainFrame::OnFly(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam) { POINTS start = (POINTS)wParam; POIN...

IIF stmt in query
I would like to return different results for different conditions more than one field. here is my IIF stmt: IIF([transactiontbl.insttype]="A",”FMYHF0002”,IIF([transactiontbl.insttype]="B","FMYHF0003”,IIF([transactiontbl.insttype]="T",”FMYHF0005”,0))) or IIF([etype]=”R”,”FMYHF0004”,”FMYHF0006”) any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks You can AND the conditions, but it would be preferable to use a table to make the translations. iif( type = "A" AND country = "USA", "FMYHF002", iif( type = "A"...

Report of sales by month based on a cross tab query
Hi, I have a cross tab query that will provide sales by month for 2008. Right now it is sales for January08. As there are sales for future months, they will appear as well. I want to create a table that has all of the months listed out already. Right now, on the first day of the month, I go into the report and add the new month. I want it so that all month are listed which I have done. The problem is that when I run the report, I get an error that says "the Microsoft Jet does not recognize February as a valid field name. After today, there will be February data but no March ...

Outlook or Windows Mobile 6 problem???
I recently got a Samsung Blackjack II Windows Mobile device, which I like way more than the Palm Treo 650 it replaced. There is one problem, however, which I describe below. I'm posting this message in this group because Samsung Level III support claims the problem is caused by outlook data corruption, not a bug in WM 6. I also posted a description of this problem in two Microsoft.pocketpc usenet groups and no one replied. Here is my problem description, which describes behavior on the WM 6 device: 1. If I am entering data into any application, or trying to send a text message, abou...

Extender Window #2
Question: I've created a extender window and pushed it out to a number of companies. Using GP 9.0 and so forth. Every now and then, I'll get a notice from a client that the extender window is no longer available. Easy fix for me is to just import it again. My question to you all, Is there anything documented or known to cause extender windows to just disappear? The data stored in them is still resident in the tables on the back-end, just the window itself isn't there. Tiger, I've noticed this happen whenever I made a change to the key fields in the extender window. You ar...

Use the Edit MO Status window to identify orders with shortages
The Edit Manufacturing Order Status window should also be capable of identifying orders with shortages. This would enable a mass release of MOs, yet only for those orders with no material shortages. This screen is a big step toward doing high volumes of orders by planner, but this is a key ingredient that's missing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Disabling / enabling entire menu and toolbar if child window open and has focus
Greetings, I have an MFC app within which a user can choose to go to the company's web site. If they select this from the menu, a CMDIChildWnd is created containing a CHtmlView. I need to have it so when this window is opened, all the menus are disabled and the toolbar is disabled. Also, when the window loses / gets focus, the menus are disabled / enabled respectively. Is there an easy way of doing this? How might I go about it? Thanks for your help! ~simon You can't disable *all* the menu items typically, because you want File>Exit, Help>About, other Help items, etc. en...

ODBC Failure In JOIN Query ??? (BUT....)
I have a query that is simply a combination of 3 other queries (joined by 1 common field in each). Each of the 3 "sub queries" will execute fine, Individually.... But....that final query which simply combines them all will display an ODBC failure error. I'd always assumed that if each individual query ran okay....the query which combines them should not get such a data-access related error (since the core data is already being successfully accessed). Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution? Thanks very much -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.a...

How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange 2003 ?
How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange 2003 ? (make BCC field unvalible) In news:u6NrOZiyFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl, RikS <riks.tw@yahoo.com.tw> typed: > How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange > 2003 ? (make BCC field unvalible) Don't know how you'd do this offhand, but I wouldn't. If users are misusing BCC, educate them, and make this an HR issue. It really isn't a technical one. HI Riks go to new mail over there on toolbar u will be getting option in that opti...

Windows 7 Minimum Requirements
Does anyone know what are the minimum requirements for a new pc with Windows 7. Looks like I'd want Works,Quicken for software and an antivirus, "Sam spade" <sloopokespam@opto.net> wrote in message news:OgZKzlgbKHA.5796@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know what are the minimum requirements for a new pc with > Windows 7. Looks like I'd want Works,Quicken for software and an > antivirus, Best to ask in a Windows 7 Community Forum. According to MS website: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor ...

Window's verson numbers
I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. I can get the OS version number using _osver global variable found in the include STDLIB.H. But I need a list of what version number correspond to what OS so I know what the value in _osver means. Does anyone know where I can find these definitions? Also the major and minor builds might be useful? If this is the wrong newsgroup could you direct me to the right one? Thank Lots, Neil Neil B wrote: >I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. >I can get the OS ver...

LINQ related query
Hi I have a question regarding joining xml files on a key which is present in all file, following is my code docFTR is of type XDocument xdList is List(Of XDocument) Dim doc = From x In docFTR.Descendants("Data") From i In xdList.GetRange(0, 1) Join d In xdList(0).Descendants("Data") On x.Descendants("Guid").Value Equals d.Descendants("Guid").Value i need to programmatically replace xdList(0) with the current XDcoument which comes from "From i in xdList.getRange(0,2)" GetRange(0, could be 2 to 10) Any help is welcome...

screen freeze after long time running
Hi I have a program written in Microsoft Visual C++ .NET . Its interface is based on CFormView. It includes three tabs to show information and plots. The plots are made by BitBlt() which copies data from the vectors to the screen around every 5 minutes. The problem is that after the program runs continuously for more than 3 days the screen freezes. Nothing is updated. I have to minimize the window and it may return to normal look. Some static labels on the interface also freeze or appear strange look. Does anyone have similar experience ? Thank you for your hints or suggestions! <e...

Faulting application name: iexplore.exe In Windows 2008 Server R2
I am not certain why I keep getting this exception message. In fact I get a pop up most each time I try to access or connect using IE. Did a bit of searching, and have not found a good fix for this yet. I am running a Windows Server 2008 64bit machine. I tried blaming it on IE add-ons, but now I am running in NO-ADDON mode with no add-ons but the problem persists.I would appreciate it if someone helped with with a fix for this on my server. ERRORS TYPES SO FAR ============================================= Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7600.16385, tim...

HPEN and Rectangle() on Contantly refeshing window object
Hello, Well, I am totally stumped on this one. VC++ 6.0: I have an app that has a video window playing. What I need to do is to be able to draw a rubberbanded rectangle around an area within this screen. Well, the rubberband stuff works until it stretches over the video part of the window -- you will see the rubberbanded Rectangle for a split second on every mouse move, but as soon as motion stops, the rubberbanded rectangle line will be overwritten with the animated video screen. Is there a trick to set an HPEN object to be the top Z order so that it doesn't disappear when ove...

Problems shelling another application
I am not sure what is going on with this so I am not sure what to ask. I'll just share my experience and maybe somebody can point out what I am doing wrong. I am attempting to launch another application from my VB app. The code to launch the other app is just a simple shell call (lngProcID = Shell(strAppPath)). The call to Shell does return a value but the app does not appear to have been started (does not show up visually and is not in task manager). Using the value held in strAppPath in the Run dialog (Start->Run) starts the app just fine. I figure this has to be some ...

when i am in the window to choose a folder to export none are list
I want to export my contacts to an excel file. When I am in the window to choose a folder to export, there are no folders to click on. What version of Outlook are you using? Does anything show in that pane of the Import/Export Wizard? "outlook export files" <outlook export files@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17414043-FCB0-4C02-8ABF-C5288395157F@microsoft.com... >I want to export my contacts to an excel file. When I am in the window to > choose a folder to export, there are no folders to click on. ...

How to Print string (Windows Printer) using RMS QSRules.
A windows printer is set as a receipt printer for a register. I need to print strings to this printer using RMS QSRules. How can I do this? I tried using Register.ActivePrinter.PrintNormal(Station as Long,Data as String) but it won't work. By the way, what is Station in the parameter? ...

Money 2000 Windows XP SP2 Password problems
Hi. * I have reformatted my hard drive (On a Compaq Table TC1000) & reinstalled Windows XP Pro Tablet. * I have then installed the Windows XP SP2. I then restored my backups, which included my mny data file from Money 2000. * I then (amongst other software installs) installed Money from the original CD. * When I tried to start Money, it asks for the password as usual BUT it doesn't accept the usual password. * I have checked that it is the right file, checked Caps Lock, typed carefully several times - to no avail. * Are you aware of any problems with Money 2000 & SP2? I...

Bank Transactions not available for deposit in the Bank Deposits Window
We are on GP 10.00.1757 and are having issues with bank transactions not being visible in the Bank Deposits Window. In the current scenario three transactions were entered in the bank transactions window. When I attempt to make the deposit in the Bank Deposits window for the appropriate checking account only one of the three transactions is available to deposit. All three transactions are posted to the GL and are visible in the Financial Summary Inquiry window as a debit to the correct bank account as well as a credit in the corresponding account. Why would these bank transactions not show...

Excel slow to open workbook when I double-click in Windows
Hi, I am using Excel 2007 on a brand new PC (Intel Core 2 Duo; 2.53 GHz; 3.21 GB RAM; Windows XP Pro). I have installed and started using several applications already and this PC has been very fast and responsive. I am having an issue opening workbooks in Excel. If I open Excel first and then click on the Office button and choos Open, I can open up a workbook very quickly. However, when I double-click on a workbook in Windows (without having Excel open previously), it takes a *very* long time for the workbook to open. I just timed it at exactly one minute. I was wondering if anyone...

Book about MFC
Hello. I want to read a book so I can create programs with Visual Studio C++ 2005 that use MFC. I started reading a book "MFC with Visual C++ 5" by Mike Blaszczak but I realized it is a little bit old-fashioned - meaning they didn't use Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and many things are different. Is there any book that explains MFC with Visual Studion C++ 2005? What would you advice me to do? Sincerely, Tadeusz Jordan "Tadeusz Jordan" <tedjj@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:ffgh1r$a21$1@news.onet.pl... > Hello. I want to read a book so I can cre...

Query Not Working 06-11-07
Hello, I have set up a query for 1 table. The field I'm trying to run the query on is a text field. I enter a name (="smith, john") I get zero results. However I have confirmed that this user exists in the table. Also (if this helps), this field gets populated via a combo box on a form. The table being used for the lookup contains a "user" field which is also a text field Thanks. sometimes this is caused by a leading blank in the field. It displays very narrow. one solution sname: TRIM([field]) "CT" <ctroy01@hotmail.com> wrote in message ...