RichEdit margins??

Hi,
  I'm using a RichEdit control for the 1st time and not doing too well.  I'm
using MFC's CRichEdit in Visual Studio 2003.

  I am adding text that I've read in from a file and doing a SetWindowText
to load the control.  I'm using CRichEditCtrl::SetParaFormat() and can select
portions and turn on bullets and change alignment, but none of the margin
changes do anything.

  Specifically, while I expected to get paragraph wrapping within the
control's window, I get no paragraph wrapping at all.  What am I
overlooking??  I don't see any window size settings.

Thank - Chris
0
ChrisA (15)
1/10/2008 1:02:17 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I've gotten indentations to work by having some information in the "header"
before the contents ... something similar might apply to margins.
\pard\nowidctlpar\fi-700\li700\sa50\tx300\tx500

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0
Arial;}{\f1\fswiss\fcharset0 Arial;}}
{\colortbl ;\red0\green0\blue0;\red232\green255\blue232;}
{\*\generator BerBible
2.31;}\viewkind4\uc1\pard\nowidctlpar\fi-700\li700\sa50\tx300\tx500\cf1\highlight2\super\b\f0\fs28
1\nosupersub  Praise the LORD, all nations! Extol him, all
peoples!\cf0\highlight0\b0\par
\pard\super 2\nosupersub  For great is his steadfast love toward us, and the
faithfulness of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD!\f1\fs20\par
}

"ChrisA" <ChrisA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>  I'm using a RichEdit control for the 1st time and not doing too well.
> I'm
> using MFC's CRichEdit in Visual Studio 2003.
>
>  I am adding text that I've read in from a file and doing a SetWindowText
> to load the control.  I'm using CRichEditCtrl::SetParaFormat() and can
> select
> portions and turn on bullets and change alignment, but none of the margin
> changes do anything.
>
>  Specifically, while I expected to get paragraph wrapping within the
> control's window, I get no paragraph wrapping at all.  What am I
> overlooking??  I don't see any window size settings.
>
> Thank - Chris

  Thanks for the suggestion.  It's not just the margins, it's also the
logical page width...

  Shouldn't the document get wrapped to the size of the control's window??

"L.Allan" wrote:

> I've gotten indentations to work by having some information in the "header"
> before the contents ... something similar might apply to margins.
> \pard\nowidctlpar\fi-700\li700\sa50\tx300\tx500
>
> {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0
> Arial;}{\f1\fswiss\fcharset0 Arial;}}
> {\colortbl ;\red0\green0\blue0;\red232\green255\blue232;}
> {\*\generator BerBible
> 2.31;}\viewkind4\uc1\pard\nowidctlpar\fi-700\li700\sa50\tx300\tx500\cf1\highlight2\super\b\f0\fs28
> 1\nosupersub  Praise the LORD, all nations! Extol him, all
> peoples!\cf0\highlight0\b0\par
> \pard\super 2\nosupersub  For great is his steadfast love toward us, and the
> faithfulness of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD!\f1\fs20\par
> }
>

> "ChrisA" <ChrisA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >  I'm using a RichEdit control for the 1st time and not doing too well.
> > I'm
> > using MFC's CRichEdit in Visual Studio 2003.
> >
> >  I am adding text that I've read in from a file and doing a SetWindowText
> > to load the control.  I'm using CRichEditCtrl::SetParaFormat() and can
> > select
> > portions and turn on bullets and change alignment, but none of the margin
> > changes do anything.
> >
> >  Specifically, while I expected to get paragraph wrapping within the
> > control's window, I get no paragraph wrapping at all.  What am I
> > overlooking??  I don't see any window size settings.
> >
> > Thank - Chris

0
ChrisA (15)

How do I print a brochure with no margins?
My brochure is printing with a border along the top and right edges. How can I get borderless printing? I have an HP Deskjet 960c and am using Microsoft Publisher 2003. I'm not sure if the 960 will print full-bleed. Did you check to see if it's an option? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Christine" <Christine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CB3FB78-CCEC-4E79-8555-70B2CE7A854B@microsoft.com... > My brochure is printing with a border along the top and right edges. How > can > I get borderless printing? I have an HP Deskj...

RichEdit formatting problems...
I want allow users to set the tab stops in CRichEditView using values from a dialog box. Any examples for setting the tab stops that work? The examples that I have found didn't work as stated. Thanks. ...

Left/Right Margins in Header/Footer
How do I set the left and right margins in headers and footers. These do not seem to obey what I have set for the body of the spreadsheet. Thanks Bob Bob The Header and Footer margins cannot be moved outwards from their fixed position which is about 3/4" from edge of paper. You can move them inwards by padding with spaces but that's it. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:11:03 -0800, "BobB" <BobB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I set the left and right margins in headers and footers. These do not >seem to obey what I have set for th...

what is scalling,Margin and on-off gridlines
What are all that and how to do separate $ n its number? See Excel's Help on Page Setup. All of the items you have asked about apply to the printed appearance of the sheet. Scaling is a setting you can use to force a wide sheet to fit in the width of one sheet of paper, length of one sheet of paper, or both when it is printed. Margins are the margins reserved around the edges of the printed sheet, and for any header or footer you may define for it. Gridlines controls whether or not gridlines are printed on the paper when you send it to the printer. For separating $ from its numbe...

Trouble with fully justified margins.
The last line of each of my paragraphs in a fully justified document is justifying when the last line should be justified at the left margine only. The last lines look ridiculous because they are spreading out. I've tried Microsofts help but they say to go into Tools - Options - Complex Screen (which I don't have). Don't know what to do. Help Check your returns. If you do a shift+return this will spread the text. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "laukee" <laukee@discussions.microsoft.com>...

margin size
I cannot get the right side of the page to be closer to the text. I have 1" of blank space and I need about 1/2" I have used the page break preview to move the edge of the page closer, but it still is too large of an area. Please help. Thank you in advance, Jeff Try File, PageSetup, click the margin tab and enter the figures from there. Remember that a printer needs some space at the edges. 0.5 should be OK though. "jesseok" wrote: > I cannot get the right side of the page to be closer to the text. I have 1" > of blank space and I need about 1/2&...

margin for 3 ring binder
I'm creating a manual for my company. We'll be printing on a page, then placed in 3 ring binder. I'm needing a 1 inch margin on the left side of the odd number pages, and a 1 inch margin on the left side of the even pages. Or something like that. All I know is that when I print, the same form is not centered on the page from front to back. The first page looks correct, the second page is shifted left so that the form is too close to the ring binders. Any insight is appreciated. You need to enable "Mirror margins" and make the "Inside" margin th...

Richedit GDI Object Leak
I finished a Richedit that can insert bitmap or other ole object(impl from IRichEditOleCallback), it can work well, but if you drag one ole object to a new position( or just move it but don't change its position), a GDI object will be create and nerver be deleted, how to deleted this GDI object?? ...

Adjusting margins of an existing document in MS Pub 2003?
I am using MS Publisher 2003. I have an entire completed document. Sadly, the way I was planning to bind it, a 1/4" on the left is hidden. How do I adjust the margins of the entire document so that all of the pages slide over that 1/4" to the right? I saw that I can change the guide, and I know how to highlight the entire page and "nudge" it over to the new guide. Since there are 30 pages, that would be VERY time consuming. Is there a quick and easy way to mass modify all of the pages? Thanks... Paul Paul Simon wrote: > I saw that I can change the guide, and I know ...

tri-fold margin
I am making a tri-fold brochure. In the right panel, which would be the cover and inside right panels, I cannot print anything closer than 1/2" to the edge. The left panel, I can print within 1/8" of the edge. This is for both text boxes and objects. All margins are set to 0" in the layout guide. Anything I can do to bring my printing out? Thanks -- Jim The .5 is the extent of your printer's margin limitation... You will have to do some adjusting. I have a workaround on my web site. http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://off...

margins issue with publisher landscaping
Just bought an HP Photosmart Premier printer and NOW when I print a publisher doucumet in landscape, the margins are moved in 3/4 inch and deletes my document on the left and right sides. Margins are ALL set to "0" HP tells me the printer does not support landscape, and it's made for printing pics. Any other priters that will work? The old Dell printer worked just fine. You might want to check with HP for an updated driver. The printer will have something other than premier for a model name. www.hp.com Even new printers will have outdated drivers if it sat on t...

avoid margin around full-page background color,achieve bleed?
Tried by setting full 8.5x11 margin in set-up, and by making background color tiff much larger than page, but still prints-out w/ c.1/4" white margin around all design color. How to avoid. Can we make bleed. elisa <elisa@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Tried by setting full 8.5x11 margin in set-up, and by making > background color tiff much larger than page, but still prints-out w/ > c.1/4" white margin around all design color. There isn't a limit on the maximum length of post you can make. Therefore, you are allowed to write us...

How can I adjust bottom margin on business card 8 x 11 sheets
Using Publisher2007 to print business cards on Avery stock 8876 the green band on the left edge of my card does not extend to the bottom of the bottom 2 cards in a 2 column 5 row layout. What can I do to make this happen? Are you selecting the 8876 template from the page setup menu and then applying a design? What is your printer's margin limitation? Take a look here Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mary Anne Hunter...

Excel should let me adjust the left to right (width) margin for a.
If you set page margins to 0.5 the header/footer margins stay at what appears to be 0.75. I can not believe there is no way to change this. If it is it is not documented or is very hard to find. Believe! The Header and Footer margins cannot be moved outwards from their fixed position. You can move them inwards by padding with spaces but that's it. I have never seen documentation from MS Excel Help other than changing top and bottom position for headers/footers, but it may be there. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 08:57:01 -0800, Zip250 <Zip250@discussions.microsoft.com...

how to set the client size of richedit?in which window message?
i want to set the client size of richedit according to its the whole window size. i have already overridden WM_NCPAINT, but how i can set its client size? -- With best regards, Wenming Hu Wenming Hu, Is it WM_SIZE you are after (in case you want to size the control after the parent)? In that case, you must make sure the RTF-control is created in the WM_SIZE-handler, as this message will be sent for the parent before the children are created. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "wenming hu" <wenming_hu2002@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:%23KY6AyNsEHA.3336@...

how do I change the default margins
1. Default margins for your Publisher publication? 2. Default margins for your text boxes? 3. Default margins for you printer? 4. Which version of Publisher? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "carroway" <carroway@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C62391E-73D8-4146-9E63-15D7A48FDBCC@microsoft.com... > ...

overstrike or margin error?
I suddenly find existing documents distorted by all the text being jammed over to the left side and the characters all overstriking one another, as if on a typewriter the carriage jammed and all the keys you press typed onto the same spot. For example, a full page of single-spaced, formatted text in an existing document has become 7 double-spaced blocks of just two to twelve or so characters (columns) wide. It first happened when I was trying to "Print" a new page of text I entered. The page displayed correctly on the screen, but printed wrong, as described. Then ...

Right margin cannot be changed from .5
I have a diagram that I'm printing on a 4 x 6 card. The right margin is set at 0.5, and I need to set it to .1 or .2 in order to get the entire diagram printed and centered. Every time I change it, it simply goes back to 0.5. The margin is a function of the printer. It appears your printer can not print a margin less than 0.5 in. Try adjusting the paper guides on the printer to compensate for the margin. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.o...

How to make rounded margins in a shape
I thought I could make a text box with a curved edge so it flow with contour of my shape. Maybe it was another program not sure, but I am surprized that the "help" in Publisher says that I cannot create rounded text boxes. You can create a rounded autoshape, right-click, click add text. The text will not flow with the contour of the shape. There are workarounds if you are patient. See here: http://msauer.mvps.org/more_graphics.htm Scroll down -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "dave4him" <dave4him@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2C7E866-...

Checkbox click margin suggestion
XL 2007 PROF. It would be really great if a form control checkbox could have a property setting for the size of its clickable margin. As they are now, if I want to stack them fairly close together for a list (trying to conserve space on lengthy form), they overlap so much that it's possible to accidentally click the one above or below without meaning to, since the control object is so much larger than the outline of the actual checkbox. Right now my only options are to space the list items further apart than the user group wants them, or to make the users tolerate this VER...

Print PDF files with margins cut
If I print a pdf file with the source listed below, print out with the trimmed edges. In fact I get a technical drawing with the missing information. The same results if I print from explorer context menu. If I open the pdf file with Acrobat and do printing, the printed sheet is correct. How do I properly print the entire PDF file through code? Thanks Regards i forgot the source that i use: Process proc = new Process(); proc.StartInfo.FileName = "c:\\filo.pdf"; proc.StartInfo.Verb = "Print"; proc.StartInfo.CreateNoWindow = true; proc.StartInf...

Excel hangs computer when adjusting margins
Hi, I am running Office 97 on a Win Me platform. When I attempt to do anything related to adjusting margins in Excel the computer hangs. The only recourse is to shutdown the computer and reboot. Has anyone experienced a similar problem and if so were you able to overcome it? Thanks in advance, Graeme Just a guess, but when you're adjusting the margins, you're accessing the printer driver. If you change drivers, does is work ok? If yes, then maybe a trip to the printer manufacturer for a new/fresh driver would be in order. Graeme wrote: > > Hi, > > I am runni...

Print Preview allows margin change in protected sheet
in Excel 2007 even with the sheets protected the print preview pane allows the margins to be changed. That is a change from 2002. Any way to stop the user from changing margins? Thanks for the help no not a change. excel2002 allows margin change with protecked sheet in print preview. i just try it. no way to stop i think. "OlieH" <OlieH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02890AC3-7B75-456E-B64E-7A44F80D67DC@microsoft.com... | in Excel 2007 even with the sheets protected the print preview pane allows | the margins to be changed. That is a chan...

Right Margin of US Standard Fanfold Paper Size
Dear all, One of my report uses US Standard Fanfold Paper and printer Epson LQ-2180. For the right margin, why I can't set the value smaller than 1.166 inch ? Thanks. Chlaris On Jul 4, 12:24 am, "Chlaris" <chlarrissa_nos...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > One of my report uses US Standard Fanfold Paper and printer Epson LQ-2180. > For the right margin, why I can't set the value smaller than 1.166 inch ? > Thanks. > > Chlaris Margin settings and limitations are based on the printer driver. Check the printer that the report is set up to print ...

Margins and edges
How do I create a page in Publisher with no margins or edges of any kind when using a scanned 8X10 photo from a file that I wanrt as my background? -- ed It's not the creation of the file, I'll bet you're talking about the printing. Does your printer print full bleed? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "eg" <eg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28D33B08-193A-450C-ABCA-BFD26A2E9F85@microsoft.com... > How do I create a page in Publisher with no margins or edges of any kind > when using a scanned 8X10 photo from a file that I wan...