Riche Edit

hi

I think this is a simple question for you guys:

When I try to add a RichEdit field in the resource view my programm compiles
fine but it won't start anymore. When I debug it with F5 it crashes with an
exeption!?!
I use Win2k and Visual Studio 6 + SP5.
My Project is  MFC Dialog based.
This should work shouldn't it?

Thanks Urban

0
mail1 (11)
8/23/2003 6:04:58 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Urban Stadler" <mail@ustadler.net> wrote in message
> hi
>
> I think this is a simple question for you guys:
>
> When I try to add a RichEdit field in the resource view my programm
compiles
> fine but it won't start anymore. When I debug it with F5 it crashes
with an
> exeption!?!
> I use Win2k and Visual Studio 6 + SP5.
> My Project is  MFC Dialog based.
> This should work shouldn't it?

Have you tried this? ...

"Call the MFC global function AfxInitRichEdit before you create the
dialog to initialize the Rich Edit Control. A good place to initialize
the Rich Edit control is in the application's InitInstance function
before you create the dialog".
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)
8/23/2003 6:20:45 PM
Thanks!!!
That was the problem.

"Jeff Partch" <jeffp@mvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> "Urban Stadler" <mail@ustadler.net> wrote in message
> > hi
> >
> > I think this is a simple question for you guys:
> >
> > When I try to add a RichEdit field in the resource view my programm
> compiles
> > fine but it won't start anymore. When I debug it with F5 it crashes
> with an
> > exeption!?!
> > I use Win2k and Visual Studio 6 + SP5.
> > My Project is  MFC Dialog based.
> > This should work shouldn't it?
>
> Have you tried this? ...
>
> "Call the MFC global function AfxInitRichEdit before you create the
> dialog to initialize the Rich Edit Control. A good place to initialize
> the Rich Edit control is in the application's InitInstance function
> before you create the dialog".
> --
> Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
mail1 (11)

How do Macro to EDIT cells?
Am using MS Excel XP (2002). All I want to do is a short macro to, in effect, press F2 (to EDIT the cell), then let's say delete the first character of the cell and change it to let's say X, like this... Before: _Mary Jones *Joe Smith %Peter Rabbbit After: XMary Jones XJoe Smith XPeter Rabbbit I just want to put the cursor on a given cell, click CNTL-A to run the macro, and have it change one cell at a time. There are reasons why I can't use the search and replace. Problem is... if I record the macro (turn it on, press the key sequences, F2, Home, Delete, X, GoDownOneCell, ...

Edit menu disappeared
I must have dragged it somewhere accidentally. And now I can't get it back! Any ideas? Go to the View menu, choose Toolbars, then Customize. There, choose the Toolbars tab and select "Worksheet Menu Bar" in the list. Click the Reset button. This will restore the menu bar to its default settings. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "CycleMark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ab301c39cad$99cba040$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I must have dragged it s...

MFC Edit box
Should I use a CEdit 'control' variable to control my CEdit elements, or should I use a CString 'value' variable? The reason I ask is that a book I read told me to use CString variables behind my edit boxes, but I want to be able to enable and disable the text boxes as well as update the contents. With the current CString variable I cannot see a way to enable/disable the text boxes. If you want to change properties beyond text of your control, you should use the "Control" variable as it gives you complete access to underlying edit control. You can call SetWin...

Publisher for Millenium Edition
Does anyone know of it's possible to purchase Publisher for the Millenium Edition Operating System? I really don't need a new computer, this one is fine, but would like to run Publisher on it. Thanks Publisher 2003 requires Microsoft Windows� 2000 with Service Pack 3 (SP3), Windows XP, or later This doesn't mean that you need a new computer, just a more stable and secure operating system, i.e., Windows XP. You may be able to purchase an older version of Publisher, just make certain that it is not an OEM version as they are forever linked to the original system (computer...

student edition product key problems
Hiya Bought Office:mac 2004 and have only been able to use it on one computer, tried to put it on a second one using the second product key and when I tried to use it it said I had installed on too many computers and would not let me use it. This also happened with the third product key, saying I had exceeded my licence agreement. I haven't, it is currently only on one computer. How do I go about installing it on the 2 other computers I am supposed to be able to use?? Thanks. In article <b82fa37f.0409040241.10a1809d@posting.google.com>, bubjub@hotmail.com (jubba) wrote: > Bough...

Repost-Edit and save query criteria
Sorry to repost this, but I was not sure I would get help with this again and it would get lost in the list. As suggested, I created a table called ExcludeShows1 with the ShowID and Year fields. I have posted the SQL with those changes to the query. When I tested this initially, it appeared to work. Then I tried testing the queries using last year's show data for 2009. No data is being returned for 2009. Not sure what is happening that it is not returning 2009 data. SELECT Shows.ShowID, Entries.Place, IIf([Entries]>1,([Entries]-[Place])*0.5,0) AS Points1, IIf([...

POP Invoive Edit List not coming out for 1 transaction
Hi, We are trying to print the edit list in the purchasing invoice entries but there is no output for 1 particular entry. We dont have issue in other entries. The data are correct and I can see that the system is printing in the Process Monitoring but no output in screen, printer and even in file. What can be the problem. Kindly help, thank you. Since this is unposted why not delete this entry and auto invoice again. The original PO Invoice details may have been corrupted. Just keeping the solution simple. Cheers "Bunxie" wrote: > Hi, > > We are trying to p...

Microsoft Office Profession Edit. 2003 installation (repair) probl
Attempting to repair office since outlook isn't working. Went into add remove programs and selected Office, change, repair and detect, got message... The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click Ok to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'PRO11.MSI' in the box below. I clicked ok to try again same thing. Clicked cancel got error 1706 and then installation ended prematurely because of an error. Then fatal error during installation. Can this be fixed? -- Steph Insert...

Have bought MS office standard edition 2007 vista certified
Can i install it on a Windows 7 64 bit system and it run with out glitches. the windows 7 is a stand alone pc yes "armyguyrt" <armyguyrt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3ECF4AF9-0ABB-4BD9-976F-862E48BF6B91@microsoft.com... > Can i install it on a Windows 7 64 bit system and it run with out > glitches. > the windows 7 is a stand alone pc ...

Fix bugs and add parameters to the Edit Payables Checks window
On the Edit Payables Checks window in version 9.0: 1. It auto-applies open credit memos, whether you want it to or not. 2. It doesn’t allow you the option to take non-qualifying discounts. 3. The vendor scrolling window on the left pops back to the top after you hit the Edit Check button. 4. The vendor scrolling window on the left pops back to the top sometimes when you check the last vendor displayed in the window and at other seemingly random times. 5. After popping back to the top, some vendors were checked that were not checked before. ---------------- This post is a s...

How to edit drop down List?
In Money 2002 Deluxe to enter investment price updates manually you get a drop down list of accounts to choose from. My list includes accounts that have been deleted (not just closed, but deleted). How can this list be edited to eliminate these accounts? ...

edit custom spell check dictionary
I am trying to edit the words in my custom dictionary in windows live mail, i click on the edit button in, tools,options, spelling, which highlights when my curser is over it and then shows the working circle for a second, but nothing happens from there, anybody got any ideas. david -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "david white" <davidwhite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:532A342E-E2A1-4E5A-938C-DD9A53FDF43E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to edit the words in my custom dictionary in win...

print publication-no font, no size, no handles, can't edit
Publisher documents cannot be edited. Taskbar windows for font and size are empty and cannot be written in. There are no handles around any components. Changing View doesn't matter. What could I possibly have done to cause this? I'm thinking you have a timed trial version and it's expired. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "aa" <aa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D30D1FB4-B863-4D12-B69D-F3037DF11376@microsoft.com... > Publisher documents cannot be edited. Taskbar windows for font and size > are > empty and cannot be ...

Change/Edit E-mail addresses in Exchange 2003 W/SP2
Hi All, Here is the environment: W2K3 R2 Active Directory Exchange 2003 W/SP2 I have delegated the Exchange View only permissions to the correct security group. The only problem is that members of that group cannot add/change e-mail addresses. I would like to delegate the permission to change/add and e-mail address to a user principle without granting the Exchange Administrator privilege. Thanks in advance for any help! -Warren I don't believe View Only will be sufficient, at the very least you'll have to give them greater permissions at the data store or storage group...

Editing While Using Column Headers As A Reference
I need to pull certain columns out of a data file to use in the creation of an invoice. The file is a database export and the database will only pull user-defined fields if they have data entered in them. Since we can use the UDF fields some weeks and not others the data size is variable both in number of row and in the columns that are created. I need to be able to select columns based on their column header (Customer Number, Customer Name, Part Number, etc). Is there VBA language that will allow me to select a variable range based on the column header? You can get the...

Can CRM Online clients edit canned reports?
Just as the subject says, is it possible for CRM Online users to edit any of the canned reports in CRM? I do not know of any options for CRM online clients, only On Premise. Thanks. ...

Editing Advanced Find for Accounts
at the moment I cannot seach on Account Business Type within Advanced Find even though this is a field within Accounts. How can I edit the Advanced Find to add this as a search option? Thanks This a bug within the system. KB article 912061 is a solution for this problem. HTH, Frederic - Travi@ta www.traviata.be The Duke wrote: > at the moment I cannot seach on Account Business Type within Advanced Find > even though this is a field within Accounts. How can I edit the Advanced Find > to add this as a search option? > > Thanks ...

Edit Detail Tab
I was wanting to edit the Detail Tab in the open contacts window. There is a current field for spouse and I would like to edit/change it to the account field to make entering my data easier. Is This possible? You're asking how to create a custom form. Ask in the programming group or start reading here: http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=35 -- Russ Valentine "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C47524C8-5F7F-459F-8289-AD98ABE5AFC2@microsoft.com... >I was wanting to edit the Detail Tab in the open contacts window. There is...

Editing a line in Word 2003
I am trying to edit a line when creating a form in Word. Sometimes when I hover over the line, I can't seem to get the four cornered arrow that will allow me to edit. Has anyone ever had that happen? I need to be able to see the lines in this document and to use "underline" isn't working each time. Meaning I can see it for "name" and "address", but then when I try to use it for "date" there is no line. It says it's underlined, but I can't see it on the page. I thought Linedraw was the way to go, but if I can't edit...

Editable Multi Column Listview
Hi, I've got a multi column listview in my userform where I want to make the last 2 columns editable. I've been hunting on the internet but I can't find any references for editable fields. Can anyone help? Thanks! ..S ...

how to edit link connection string
did not get a response on first post so will try a different angle. I need to be able to modify the Form/table link to accept a file name with a period at the beginning (UNIX hidden file), e.g. (.myfile.mdb). I cannot do it through the link table wizard since it rejects a file name starting with a period. Is there a way put the file name in the connection string for all the forms in my FE (they all are accessing the same BE). thanks "salmonella" <uwimdl@hotmail.com.dns> wrote in message news:B93BFF54-E779-488B-9598-118C68719728@microsoft.com... > did not ge...

microsoft office 2004 student and teacher edition
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) My daughter had this version on her Macbook this summer when her hard drive started acting up. A friend backed up her old drive and transferred this data to the new drive. MS OFFICE did not transfer and she only just discovered this as she began her study abroad program in Germany. The original program disc is in Houston- still no power. I have the product/activation key for the ms office program that was previously installed on her mac. Is there any way to download this edition online and use the original product key to activate it? I am...

Spell check is not allowing ignore or changes on undo edit
Please help my spell checker for Word 2007 student edition is not working it only allows me to undo edits it will not go through the document and allow me to ignore or change anything, I 've checked all settings, reinstalled, repaired, and checked registry.... Thanks so much See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< >&...

Lock file for editing - Using Windows SDK
Using Windows SDK - Create File I am using CreateFile to open the file for Read/Writing. While I work on this file, this file should not be deleted by any other application like explorer. Provide some light?? >I am using CreateFile to open the file for Read/Writing. While I work on >this file, this file should not be deleted by any other application like >explorer. As long as you have the file open, it can't be deleted. Dave ...

need to edit excel spreadshhet
I have a column in spreadsheet excel, I have 30,000 items and I want to drop the last line which is "Shipping charges wil apply to orders under $100.00" this line is in every cell as the last line of the description column. Is there a formula that will work? Hi Pete, A formula can return a value, it cannot delete or hide a row, for that you would need a macro (or conceivably a filter). I suspect that you are trying to remove this text, or the entire row from all sheets in a workbook, but that is not clear. Can you more clearly identify what you want to do, and we'll be in a ...