retain items in the list control when application is close

how do i retain items in the list control so that even when i close the
application, the items would be availiable in the list control.

0
dspman (15)
7/21/2006 12:09:07 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Dear dspman,
You can do this by either writing into a file or write to registry.

Cheers
Alvin

0
alwittta (10)
7/21/2006 1:22:11 PM
To add to what others have mentioned about writing to the registry (or a
file if you'd like) remember to keep the "string" not just the index in case
the things in the list change the next time you run the program.  You can
serialize all of the settings in your program using this method.

Tom

"dspman" <dspman@dspman.com> wrote in message
> how do i retain items in the list control so that even when i close the
> application, the items would be availiable in the list control.

0
tserface (3861)

stop trended items
Hello, ive already set up all bills and deposits, so i dont need trended items in my cashflow. How can i make money2004 NOT include trended items in my cashflow? I know i can manually delete them but i have to do that one by one. tnx Have you checked out the settings in Customize cash flow? "Jex" <noway@mail.nl> wrote in message news:ceh3de$nen$1@news1.tilbu1.nb.home.nl... > Hello, ive already set up all bills and deposits, so i dont need trended > items in my cashflow. How can i make money2004 NOT include trended items in > my cashflow? I know i can manually d...

Font List
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hey Folks, I'm looking for a full list of fonts included in this particular software. Thanks. Here ya go: http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/product.aspx?PID=147 Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 8/18/09 5:09 PM, in article 59b7a80f.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "rubensun@officeformac.com" <rubensun@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2004 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > Hey Folks, > I'm looking for a full list of font...

Piping data to other office applications
Hello, Is there a way to have flat file format "table" data on one worksheet automatically fill data into an MS Word document's "field" areas? I can build this "report" in excel using simple vlookups and a scrolling selector for the "unit number", but piping the same data over to the currently accepted form(s) would be cool. I know this is probably not the exact correct group for this, but doing it via a macro would likely be the next logical step, so... Hi Rather than using vb to bring the data in where the formatting can be...

Edit mode in RTF items by default?
I've noticed that (in Outlook 2000) rich-text items (mails and posts) are in edit mode by default when opened (whereas plain-text and HTML items are not, and you have to go to Edit menu to switch them to edit mode). Is this a bug or a feature? What's so special about RTF? That's just the way the RTF editor works.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/j...

Mailing list
Hi, I used the Mailing wizard to create a mailing list. It looks great! However, I am concerned about the comma that separate between people names and their titles. Ex: Fistname LastName, title. Address City, State, Zip The problem is if the person doesn't have his/her title, the label will show the name with a comma. That is not perfect. Ex: John Tran, 2244 Roland Champaign, IL 61821 I wish the comma will be on the label if the person has his title and it won't be appeared if the person doesn't have a title. Do I need to use “If Statement” t...

Search Item Number by Description
Hi all, Are there anyway we can make part search screen wider to show all the description of a part. Right now the description only show partically, it make search part by description become very difficulty. Thank you! Lucy Lucy, Have you tried Modifier? -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Sunstream" wrote: > > Hi all, > > Are there anyway we can make part search screen wider to show all the > description of a part. Right now the description only show partically, it > make search pa...

list of sequential numbers
I would like to make a colum of sequential numbers say beginning with 401 and ending with 499. is there a way to do this without typing in each individual number? Hi see the answer under your originial question titled "numbers in columns" Cheers JulieD "kellyaek" <kellyaek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67FF6C4E-4AFC-4E23-8EC0-987A682318F4@microsoft.com... >I would like to make a colum of sequential numbers say beginning with 401 >and > ending with 499. is there a way to do this without typing in each > individual > number? ...

*** ---> Outlook 2003 won't reopen after close <--- ****
I recently installed Office 2003. I completely uninstalled Office XP and then installed Office 2003. I have unchecked all Add-Ins and COM Add-Ins. I can find no other applications that are syncing with Outook (I removed all Palm software, and I set WinFax so that it does not sync with Outlook). Outlook opens and operates fine, but when I close it, it will not reopen. I can only reopen it by restarting my computer. Obviously, this is EXTREMELY inconvenient. After I close Outlook, the Outlook icon remains in the lower right taskbar. Sometimes, I must manually end the program during shutdown eve...

Beginner - OLE DB
Hi. I try to connect to a Microsoft SQL database using Ole Db - IRowSet interface. This works, but I can't bind it to a grid control (I use Microsoft Datagrid control). I have: IRowset* pRowset; DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_DATAGRID1, m_grid); ......................................... I try to bind by m_grid.SetRefDataSource((LPUNKNOWN)pRowset); but it raises an exception : Type mismatch. Well, I tried - I suppose . Could someone help me? Gabi ...

How to stop sliders going out of control
Does anyone know how to stop sliders going out of control. Specifically, when we use sliders, many times we find that when you click on the "page" or "increment" area of the slider, the slider will continue to change the value of the link cell even after the click is off. This is very annoying. Does anyone understand this? Does anyone have a work around? Hi, I am not too sure. I thought I'd make a response anyhow. In the vb Editor, view the properties of the slider and adjust the min and max values to the range of your data. Min=0 Max=how many rows you scroll ...

ActiveX spreadsheet control problem
Hi! Is it possible to assign cell in a spreadsheet control on a userform as multi line? I tried several times to copy multi line strings into a spreadsheet control but it was always converged into one line. appreciate your help! Eli Try with some text in cell A1 Range("A1").WrapText = True -- Jacob "אלי" wrote: > Hi! > > Is it possible to assign cell in a spreadsheet control on a userform as > multi line? > I tried several times to copy multi line strings into a spreadsheet control > but it was always converged int...

SQL to enter Item.SupplierID for all child items
I just started doing some sales by supplier reports, but realized that my thousands of child items do not have suppliers associated with them (because I never put the child item on the PO, and they do not have order numbers or supplier costs). So, naturally, my sales reports have a blank supplier listed. I am trying to develop the SQL to automatically put the primary supplier ID of the parent item in the item table for each child item. Can someone assist? Off topic rant: Microsoft really needs to rethink the child/parent strategy in RMS. Hi Jason - I must admit this one stumped ...

List Validation
I have cells with data validation based on a named range with the same workbook. If I update the list, what must I do to get the selected cells (drop-downs) updated with the new text? Thanks in advance. You can use a dynamic formula to define the range, and it will expand automatically. There are some instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html Michael wrote: > I have cells with data validation based on a named range > with the same workbook. If I update the list, what must I > do to get the selected cells (drop-downs) updated with the > new text? ...

EnumChildWindows make application crash
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C5F458.0346FB10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have a MDI application. There are some CControlbar-derived window. I = want to use EnumChildWindows API to find one of these CControlbar. My = code is: HWND hWnd; //initialize to the CFrameWnd handle EnumChildWindows(hWnd,EnumFunc,0); Debug this code, the application crash at EnumChildWindows call. Does anyone met the same problem? Any idea is welcome. Thanks -Jerry ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C5F458....

Percentage of values in list
Hi Guys, I am a excel n00b so, please be gentle!! I have a caolumn with a list of values of cars like: Ford Chrysler Ford Toyota Mazda Toyota Ford Ford I want to create a new sheet that lists all possible values and for each value the number of times it appears in the list. In this case it would be: Ford 4 Toyota 2 Chrysler 1 etc etc etc Could someone please help on how to do it? The cell range is about C4-C26000 and has about 100 different possible values so its quite large. Thanks in advance, -Al Let list be in A1:A25 In B1 enter the text Ford Enter other makes below that In C1 t...

OL 2003 Calendar items are missing categorization
I have a user that is using Microsoft Office 2003 with MS Exchange 2003 on a domain with Active Directory. Prior to last Friday (11/13/2009), the user was able to view all Calendar events in OL along with their corresponding categorization ("color-coded" you could say). The user came in on Friday and discovered that many of the calendar events no longer had any categorization. The events are still in tact, but they are no longer "color-coded"/categorized. It may be worth mentioning that the machine was forced to restart on Thursday evening/early Friday m...

List of Add-on Vendors?
Is there a list of MSCRM add-on vendors in the Partnersource site? I can't seem to find any such list. go to crm, microsoft crm and look at the whats been updated doc - i think that has a link to the ISV vendor list ok - just checked..here is the link http://www.greatplains.com/documents/partnermscrm/crmisvsolutions.htm "Louis" <louis@sadfds.com> wrote in message news:%23w2EAsZbDHA.1492@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there a list of MSCRM add-on vendors in the Partnersource site? I can't > seem to find any such list. > > I have access to the supo...

Add to junk senders list error
When I select 'add to junk senders list' in Outlook 2002. I get an Microsoft Window with the ! and the message "You are currently working offline. To use this command you must restart Outlook and choose to connect to the Exchange server." Even though I'am online and don't connect to an Exchange server. I'am connected to the internet via a shared cable modem on a router. I have a second PC on my LAN and it doesn't have this problem. My OS is XP Pro on both PCs. ...

Find Distribution Lists that a user is the owner
Hello, Is there a quick way to list out all the Distribution Lists that a particular user is the owner? When we have users leave the company, we constantly get requests to transfer ownership. Thanks, Sun Sun <Sun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a quick way to list out all the Distribution Lists that a >particular user is the owner? When we have users leave the company, we >constantly get requests to transfer ownership. Not without writing a small script to query the AD. And, if the user account is deleted from the AD before you ask the question, you wo...

.gif not a listed option from insert/movie menu
Hello. When I try to insert a .gif movie though the standard method, .gif is not listed as a possible file extension. It allows for .avi, .mpeg etc but not .gif. Furthermore, when I switch to an allfiles search and try to put it in I get an error message telling me to check the format and extension or some such thing. The documentation makes it clear that in .gif movies should be inserted just like others, but I can't get it to work on the .gifs I've made. Even curiouser, there is a .gif that I pulled off of the web that will insert and play when I add it from the all...

Lost password setting after closing outlook 2002.
Hi guys. i configured my outlook 2002 according to my ISP instructions. Unfortunately, everytime i close outlook i lose my password setting. I went to microsoft.down and downloaded all the sp and patches. Does anyone experience with their version of outlook 2002. Justin ...

application development
I am designing a downloadable tutorial application I am using visual studio 6.0 and i have created a client application to navigate through data pages, at the moment just the client framework exists, what is the best and quickest way to create graphic pages with text that can be viewed through an active doc container app i.e Explorer.There will be a lot of pages Does anyone agree that java is the best method for this.? Or are there any alternatives The application will be placed on the server and downloaded, files will be downloaded a batch at a time and viewed as local pages. I also need to ...

Data Mapping between Applications.
Hello, Could anyone please throw your suggestions on the following scenario? (It would be really helpful if you could provide a solution using ..NET,XSLT,XSD,Web Service other than 'Biztalk Server' Approach.) - Honestly speaking, I am new to this Data Exchanging Process, though I have some knowledge in XML,XSLT,Webservice,C#,ASP.net etc. In my project, there is a need to design an interface to handle data exchange between two applications using XML, XSLT ,XSD,.NET , Web Services,etc . Business rule: -------------- Let us say, The data in a XML file from Application A(Destinat...

How make an Accelerator key work regardless of which control has fokus?
Hello, I have an MFC, CFormView, application. On the form I have several different controls, e.g. Edit control, Tab control (in the tab control I have a grid control) I also have defined an accelerator key (F5). Now to my problem: If the focus is set to one of the edit controls then the accelerator key will work. But if the focus is on the grid control then nothing happens... I guessing that the grid control, or the tab control, is "eating" the key but how do I make the key "visible" to the form? I'm using VC++ 2005 and the grid is Mr. Chris Maunders MFC Grid ver...

Scan over an item/Highlight when an item does not scan
I have issues with cashiers inadvertently scanning over items or missing an item that sounds like it scans but does not. Are there any fixes out there that would prevent an item from being scanned over and/or a sound or some type of highlight that would flag an unscanned item? Thanks, Carol There are Windows system sounds associated with those events that you can customize, but you have to put a speaker on your PC to take advantage of it. I just did this recently on someone's advice here (Haik, I think). I picked up a set of speakers for about $20. Marc "Lola & Penelop...