resize a fixed dialog #2

I am trying to figure out how I can resize a fixed dialog in another process.
 I have set a WH_CBT hook and added the WS_THICKFRAME style at time of
creation.  This achieves the resize handle in the lower right corner and also
the cursor changes to the resize cursor when the mouse is over the border,
however, the window does not resize.  In Spy++, there are absolutely no
resize-related messages being posted.

I found a freeware utility, ResizeEnable, that accomplishes this task so I
know it can be done.  The documentation states that it installs a hook to
intercept all messages related to sizing.  How would they accomplish that?
What hook would they use?  When I have this utility active and view the
window messages in Spy++, I see all the resize-related messages posting.
This is where I am confused.  What is that pgm doing that makes all the
resize messages suddenly 'appear'?

Thanks,
Jeremy
0
JR1 (208)
12/23/2008 8:47:24 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

quick way to combine 2 files?
If you have two excel files, both of which have 3 or 4 worksheets that are all used in lookup routines etc etc, is there an easy way to combine the two into a single file, as I think it won't work just by copying and pasting individual worksheets over in their entirety tks in advance LeeH Lee, With both workbooks open, group the sheets of one workbook (using Ctrl clicks on the tabs) then right click and select Move or Copy and then move them into the other workbook. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Lee Harris web" <lee.harris4@virgin.net> wrote in message news:32c0bd8d.04012...

resize all rows in the spreadsheet to fit the text?
I have an existing spreadsheet created by another user. Some of the rows are not automatically sized to display all text. Is there a command to resize all rows in the spreadsheet to fit the text? thanks email: softwaretest underscore 2003 at hotmail Church lady, try Ctrl a, to select the whole sheet, then format, row, autofit -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 2000 & 97 Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "the church lady" <tcl@mail.com&g...

2-D charting with multiple rows
I have a power user who wishes to increase the size of his 2-D graphics but is limited to using 32000 records. He needs to be able to use 64,000 records. Any suggestions? I think this might be something that is changed in regedit but I am not sure. Thanks! Yep, and you can bypass the 256 column limit with Windows API calls. Joking aside, how about two series, formatted identically. If you have duplicate entries in the legend, select the legend, then select the text of one entry, and press the Delete key. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorial...

Crecordset::addnew functionality fails #2
This problem is about recordset functionality. Actually, When using RFX_Int, value 32484 is being treated as null and can't be entered. So converting RFX_Int into RFX_Long and type casting the variable to long can solve this problem. Look at the link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/170257/en-us But again, value 1246576928 is being treated as null in case of RFX_Long. And when tried to type cast the variable to double, it shows the fractional truncation error and numeric out of range error. So wouid anyone please let me know: 1)How to resolve the issue? 2) How value can be entered in data...

inviting investors, students, entrepreneurs #2
http://garunar.wordpress.com/ PRIVATE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE owned by students, entrepreneurs DIGITAL EARTHLINK CONNECTING ENTERPRISE EqUaL OPPORTUNITY RESEARCH/SCHOLARSHIP- MBA, BA, BSC, MPHIL., MRES. EDUTAINMENT Homemade Re-Defined WEALTH MANAGEMENT Jewels of Orient: Fast-track wisdom ECONOMIC INCUBATOR LIFETIME HEALTHCARE, online CLINIC & Ayurveda GLOBAL MARITIME/ LAND BUSINESS with over 16000 boutique luxury businesses including 8000 in Asia BEHAVIORAL FINANCE/CANCER THERAPY/ MULTICULTURAL vipassana CEOs, Glamour, Parties, Garunar schools offering microfinance DIGITAL EMPIRES FOR EMOT...

Outlook Client v 1.2 not working in offline mode
Hello, we have installed several CRM Outlook Clients, version 1.2, on the laptops of our salespeople. They are able to work online perfectly, and when going offline, synchronization seems to work, as well. However, after going offline and synchronizing, when they try to open any of the CRM folders, they get an "Access Denied" message (this does not happen in online mode!). I have adjusted the permissions on the UNC Snapshot share on the SQL server, and the Publication Access Lists on the SQL server, and still get the same errors (identical on all of the clients). Does anyone have a...

Set of Dialogs -Delete Any Dialog at Runtime-Organize Pos
Hai I Have set of Dialogs created a Runtime and those are placed sequentially in a postion by using SetWindowPos and now i want to delete a Dialog using close button associated with that Dialog which is placed at a Position the Dialog Order shoulnd rearrange automatically and is there any way to do that Thanks and Regards Mike SetWindowPos. Uusually if you have a set of dialogs there is an application window of some sort associated with the application. What I would do is have the dialog's close handler post a message indicating the dialog had closed, then...

Downloading Crystal report 9.2.2
Hi, I am trying to download and install Crystal report 9.2.2. I found a link in one of the postings ftp://ftp.crystaldecisions.com/outgoing/TS/CC/CRPro922.zip, but it seems like the link is no longer valid. Could anyone guide me to where else I can download Crystal Report 9.2.2? Thanks in advance, Alvin Hi Alvin, If you have a license for v9 you can get 9.2.2 by contacting BusinessObjects. They will validate your crystal 9 license then either send you 9.2.2 or give you a download location. You can download from the following location but you need login details - https://businessobj...

Deleting a store from HQ #2
We have a customer that bought a 24 store HQ license and set up 25 stores, and now his HQ won't work because he has to many stores. How would I go about deleting a store to fix this situation? Any help would be appreciated. LAllison wrote: > We have a customer that bought a 24 store HQ license and set up 25 stores, > and now his HQ won't work because he has to many stores. How would I go > about deleting a store to fix this situation? Any help would be appreciated. You can delete the 25° stores from databases via sql .. cod How would I delete just one of them?...

How to combine contents of 2 outlook caledar folders back into onl
Trying to undo archiving of calendar "golfingsailor" <golfingsailor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1447A0BF-070A-4AD5-B991-A9B4074C3C7E@microsoft.com... > Trying to undo archiving of calendar If it's not open already, open the archive PST (File>Open>Outlook Data File). Using either the Calendar or Folder List view of the Navigation Pane, open the calendar in the archive PST. Display that calendar in a table view like By Category or Events. Select all the items in the calendar by pressing Ctrl+A or select the ones you wish to re...

listview control display as a group #2

MOP/SOP LINK #2
Hi, I created a new item and its fulfillment method is Make to Order-Manual. I created a sales order and a mfg order for this item. In GP 8.0, I opened the MOP/SOP Link window, only saw the MO on the right side for this item and the SO didn't show up on the left side. Did I miss any step to link MOP and SOP? What should I do, so the SO will show up in the left side? Thanks. stien Make sure the end date is set correctly, it must be out farther than the requested ship date on the SO (the default is the current date) also make sure you have a SITE ID in, even if you only have one s...

Check box and Command button code #2
This code will change the named range of cells yellow when the check box is checked and the command button is pressed which is what I want it to do, but when you check the check box, it will take the user over to my second worksheet named form where the range of cells are. I would like for it to wait to take them over after they press the command button because multiple check boxes will need to be checked. Any help is greatly appreciated. Option Explicit Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Call CheckBox2_Click End Sub Private Sub CheckBox2_Click() If Me.CheckBox2.Value = False Then ...

Jetstress #2
Hi, Can I use Jetstress on Production environment after Exchange is installed? I still do not have any data on Exchange and has not gone live yet. Will running Jetstress after installing Exchange break anything? Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks, On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 04:09:02 -0700, Jack Dorson <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Can I use Jetstress on Production environment after Exchange is installed? Yes >I still do not have any data on Exchange and has not gone live yet. > >Will running Jetstress after installing Exchange break ...

Import from Excel #2
Hi, Is there any way I can import from MS Excel to Money? -- Chanikya See http://xl2qif.chez.tiscali.fr/xl2qif_en.php "cndesu" wrote: > Hi, > Is there any way I can import from MS Excel to Money? > -- > Chanikya See also http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=8. "cndesu" <cndesu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05433109-7FE5-4E53-8DE2-E3E2F5A8B34B@microsoft.com... > Is there any way I can import from MS Excel to Money? Hi, I have a pdf file consists of transactions which bank gave me online. Now Can I import this file to money? -- ...

help with CRM1.2 deployment
Hi, I installed MS CRM1.2 on a Windows 2003 server. The sample database (Adventure Cycles Work) and license key provided used; CRM server added to the Pre-Windows 2000 compatible access group; installed and accessed as domain administrator. When I access the web application at the server with localhost or server name, it works just fine. However, when I try to access it through client machines in the same domain, IE will simplely crash/disappear after I input my user name and password. Someone please help me... Thanks in advance! -duoduo It is due to the fact that MBS CRM uses pop-up wi...

Positioning of Dialog at Startup
Hi I need to position a dialog's position. Is it necessary to use SetWindowPlacement? Because i dont need to change any ither parameter. Only the x & y coordinates have to be changed. Is there a simple way out SetWindowPos(NULL,x,y,width,height,SWP_NOZORDER I think that's all you need. Check the different SWP_ flags in the help to see what they do. ...

Split text #2
Hi, I have a list with credit ratings from which a lot are extended with /* + or /*-, as these are confusing I would like to delete them. My question is if there is a formula to exclude these signs from the actual rating. For example: AA- /*- needs to become AA- Thanks Regards, Robert Edit>replace /*- with nothing(leave blank) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Robert" <p.strijbosch@chello.nl> wrote in message news:d8c5a144-83db-4cbb-91eb-c067b1dcc724@g1g2000pra.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a list with cred...

Outlook 2003 and Exchange #2
Hello All, Everytime I check my mail on my pop3 server I get the following error message, Receiving reported error (0x80042108) outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (pop3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message ... I have exchange server 2003 installed on this machine as well. ...

SBS2003 and CRM #2
I have SBS2003 and installed CRM 3.0 a year ago. I noticed performance issues with my SBS2003. I would like to uninstall CRM 3.0 and install CRM 4.0 in a diffrent server. what considerations should I take into account? Please help. ...

finding a cell from numerical coordinates #2
is it possible to locate a cell from coordinates such as 50, 75 or 100,98? I'd really like to be able to do this. No need to post the question twice so soon. In 2007 press Alt+1, Formulas tab and check R1C1 reference style -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Chip" wrote: > is it possible to locate a cell from coordinates such as 50, 75 or 100,98? > I'd really like to be able to do this. Hi, In 2007 press Alt+1, Formulas tab and check R1C1 reference style -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Dev...

Cleanup after migration to Exchange 2003 part 2
Hi I've finished migrating from an Exchange 5.5 org with 4 sites to an Exchange 2003 org that also has the 4 sites as AGs. I have also switched to native mode. Followed the instructions to the letter as specified in the deployment wizard tool and also the deployment guide. Are there any docs on how to collapse the old AGs into one and move all the servers into the one AG, or can this be done. There are also routing groups in all 4 AGs. Thanks RajiA Unfortuantely, you can not move servers between administrative groups - even in native mode. You can however move mailboxes, so you cou...

Sort 2 columns similtaneoously
I have two columns that I would like to keep together. Street and house number. Is there someway to make the street the primary sort and carry the house number (which is in a separate column) along with it? In other words, I'd like for the street name to be in order and the house numbers to be in sequence for that street. Thanks, Doug Select the data (it works best if the columns have labels in the top cells) Use Data Sort Specify sort first by Street then by Number If there is more info (such as names) , make sure you select tall relevant columns before sorting Play save: do a Sa...

Modal and Modeless dialog boxes
I have a modeless dialog box and also modal dialog box in some application. When both appear I would expect the modal box to eliminate any access apart from it but I can access the modeless as well and it could get focus just as the other box. Is that normal or am doing something wrong? Can I force the focus to be only on the modal box? Thanks Gil Gil wrote: > I have a modeless dialog box and also modal dialog box in some application. > When both appear I would expect the modal box to eliminate any access apart > from it but I can access the modeless as well and it could ge...

MS Money 2005
I goofed and set up several inventory products as non-inventory products...is there hope to convert same? Eric A. Nicolaus ...