Reports ???

Hi all,
   How to generate a report with print preview and print commands? I
believe there is no built-in class to generate reports. I would like to
generate a report from my application, which reads data from a flat
file.

Thanks in advance.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Report layout
I am trying to make a report that shows a beginning balance and ends up with a balance at the end. This can be done if I am reporting month end balances, but my boss wants me to make a report showing categories balances, beginning with the beginning balance and ending with the actual ending balance of the checking account. Also one for the Income categories. Thanks for your help. Elaine Hansen I suggest you find a report that is close to what you want, then export it to a csv or text file (right-click anywhere on the report and select Export ir Export to Excel. There you can add what...

Crystal report wizard not available in excel
I've loaded Crystal Report 8.5 on my laptop and I'm trying to create a report out of a current Excel Spreadsheet, but the Crystal Report Wizard is not available for use. Any ideas on how I can fix this within Excel will be appreciated. ...

Same CR report with different databasename
I had create a lot of report in myTesting server. the SQL server named 'SQL-001' however, my client's SQL server is another name , now, I can't preview the report after publish the web.app to it server, Any simple method to solve it ? I don't want to re-write all the report under their server. Thanks a lot Hi Sze, Based on my understanding, you are facing the problem to get the data from the client SQL Server after you publish the report to the server. If I have misunderstood you, please feel free to let me know. A simple way to solve this issue is...

Crystal Reports options
Firstly, sorry for the slight off-topic - not sure where else to post this. I'm using Crystal Reports 10 that came with Visaul Studio to generate reports for my ASP.NET website, and I find it cumbersome and buggy. I'm considering either upgrading to the latest version (Crystal Reports 2008) or abandoning Crystal altogether. Question is this: is CR2008 better, faster and more stable than CR10 or is there a far better reporting solution out there that someone could recommend that wouldn't require massive effort to port to? One way to get CR to be slightly more reliabl...

RDC Crystal Reports integrated problem
I use Report Designer Component (RDC) in my program to allow user modify reports. I downloaded RDC Merge Modules for Crystal Reports XI Release 2 from BO. It is the zip file contains 4 files: * CrystalReports11_5_RDC_Designtime.msm * CrystalReports11_5_RDC_License.msm * CrystalReports11_5_RDC_Reportengine.msm * CrystalReports11_5_RDC_Runtime.msm I made a build and install but I got the error about license. So, I try to add all 4 merge modules and use the install serial (I bought the Developer Edition) for keycode property of CrystalReports11_5_RDC_License.msm. Unfortunately, ...

Generate New Report In Money 2004
My question is very simple. How do I generate a new report. I used the "Help" in Money 2004 & even went on the Web For the Money 2004 book. No place in there is a method to generate a new reprt from "scratch". It seems that the only way to do it is modify another report & save it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance....Marvo That is the only way to do it - find a report that is close to what you want; customise it and save it. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishe...

Error 0x8004210a. Sending and Recieving Reported Error
Please help I've just purchased some webspace and a pop3 e-mail account. When I try to set up my e-mail account in Outlook, I get the message above. A friend has tried to set them up on his machine, and has had no problems (he runs Windows XP). I have PC cillin (Virus Checker / Firewall), and I thought this might be causing the problem, so I disabled it and also completely uninstalled it, but I still get the message in Outlook when I set up the e-mail and Test it. I'm running Windows 2000. Thanks Neil ...

Use combo to print report between two sets of dates
I am trying to print a report that shows timesheet entries for two sets of dates. The report also prints out based on the data entry person selected. The user selects their name and then uses another combo box to select pre entered dates. My code is as follows: Private Sub cboDates_Click() Dim stDocName As String Dim FromDate As Date 'Name of criteria start timesheets date field. Dim ToDate As Date 'Name of criteria end timesheets date field. Dim FromOTDate As Date 'Name of criteria start OT date field. Dim ToOTDate As Date 'Name of criter...

Report can't print form field
My report heading contains a text box with the following data source: ="Transactions since " & Forms!frmPrintTran!txtDate The on-screen preview shows the date fine, but on printing, this textbox displays #Name? The form remains open during print. Happens with both Access 2002 and 2007, DB structure A2000. What gives here? Thanks. -- TedMi This usually happens when there is code in the On Close of the report that closes the form. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "tedmi" wrote: > My report heading contains a text box with the following data source: > ...

Create columnar report with field names once per page
I have learned out to create multi-columned Access Columnar Reports with the aid of the Report Wizard and altering the File>Page Setup... However I would like to generate a multi column report for several records but only list the Field Name titles once on the left hand side of the paper. Check out the KB article at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/208491/en-us. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Ch." wrote: > I have learned out to create multi-columned Access Columnar Reports with the > aid of the Report Wizard and altering the File>Page Setup... However I...

Linking Form and Report
Good evening, I have a Main Entry Form for the entry of installation data. I have a Report set up to be used as an Audit tool. I would like to have the Audit Report pop up for review when the Save & Close button is depressed. The Form and the Report are linked by Folio No, unfortunately I have not been successful, when you push the Save & Close the form opens but its blank. I have checked the underlying tables and the data seems to be there. Is there something unusual about trying to attach a Report to a Form at all. Private Sub btnSaveRecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_btnSa...

Reporting Services Error on CRM 4 Windows server 2008
Hello. I'm having trouble with CRM connector for SQL Server 2005 reporting services. I installed this connector with no problems, but when I try to acces reports from CRM Web page It says that Connector is not installed. I thought that maybe for Windows server 2008 this might be a firewall issue, but I've already disable from both servers (I have SQL Server and Reporting Services in one server, and CRM on another). I don't know what could be the problem, event viewer doesn't show any errors. Both servers are on Windows server 2008. Please help me. Thanks Jose Ponce ...

ActiveX control is not shown correctly in Access Reports print pre
Hi All, we are developing ActiveX control's to use in MS Access. The control works fine with Access form in design mode and running mode. But in case of reports the design mode shows the control correctly but when comes to print preview mode, the size and drawing on the control is not working properly. The same control works fine with Access 2002. The problem is found to be with Access 2000. We need to enable XP theme from UxTheme.dll(Microsoft provide) if theme is avaible in the system. The drawing of theme is alo goes wrong in Access 2000 reports print preview mode. please help ...

Report to PDF 07-16-07
Where I can find the code from Lebans ReportToPDF? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200707/1 On Jul 16, 9:45 am, "vianda via AccessMonster.com" <u11700@uwe> wrote: > Where I can find the code from Lebans ReportToPDF? > > -- > Message posted via AccessMonster.comhttp://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200707/1 www.lebans.com Did you even try a search engine? -Kris ...

Cash Flow
I thought it should be easy for Money to watch the cash flow in/out of brokerage, but I don't see how to capture that in a Net worth comparison report. Any way to see this using a simple report in Money 2006? I currently do it manually with Excel. I'd like to see "how am I doing compared to Jan 1" so want not only " net worth", but detail showing " how much my stuff went up" AND "how much did I spend out of brokerage checking/savings this year ?" without seeing detail on every account for each month. My reason is that I just want to see th...

Trouble exporting Report to Excel
How do you increase rows to output size? When exporting a 2000+ page report to Excel (97-2002 *xls), stops on page 412 with message stating: “There are too many rows to output, based on limitation specified by the output format or by Microsoft Access”. Using Access 2000 with Windows 2000 OS Excel has a hard-and-fast limit of 65536. When you export to Excel from a report, you usually get extraneous blank lines, so it's conceivable that you're hitting that limit. There's no way around it, other than to simply export the data (assuming less than 65536 rows) rather than the rep...

reporting even though a calculation made is dividing by zero
I have a report which initially opens a form to input a start and end date in for the report information. One of the calculated reports items is a % of bad rolls produced. My report opens; I input the dates and it then runs a query based on those dates. It takes the data (put into another form) with fields of "total rolls produced" and "off quality rolls" and divides the "off quality" by the "total" to give a % bad value. The report works great IF the "total rolls produced" is not zero. If we do not produce any rolls that day (due...

Error Uploading Report
After removing Reporting Service and reinstall it, all reports in my CRM server were disappeared. Whenever I create a new report , upload a .rdl file and save, CRM throws an error message: "Error Uploading Report. An error occurred while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM. Try adding the report again. If this problem continues, contact your system administrator. " Anyone can help? ...

how to make a report to run on one account
How do I pass the AccountID to a report? I want the report to run on one single account, so the parameter must be one single GUID... On Jul 21, 8:54=A0pm, Thomas <tdem...@gmail.com> wrote: > How do I pass the AccountID to a report? I want the report to run on > one single account, so the parameter must be one single GUID... If you're using the 'CRMAF' trick, when you run the report from the form it should only run for that record. This might help http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/customizing/reporttutorial.mspx Leon Tribe Want to hear me talk about all thi...

Report Issues
Hi All, Got a Simple Problem, With a Report, The Situation is, I Have A Form Which Opens When a PROJECT No Is Typed Into a Project No Search Dialog Ive Created When The Project No is Typed In The Result Form Is Displayed Shows The Details Of The Project Relating to that Project Number!. To Create This I Created a Qurey. What I Want To do is Be Able is To Print That Just One Record in a Report Form, As The Print Current Record Prints The Form Which Looks Very Un Professional, And I Have Tabs on the form, so So its Not Any Use. The Report Ive Created at Monement Points To The Same Qurey, W...

Stale Stock Report
I have been looking everywhere for a stale or idle inventory stock report. We want to review the items that have no sales or very little sales. Does GP 10 have such a report? I am hoping that I am just missing it. Thank you -- Craig Craig, You may want to check this thread of a few days aback with follow up reponse by Mohammad Daoud. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains&p=1&tid=b04b6e27-71a8-449e-9923-cd4ff1c8e14a&mid=b04b6e27-71a8-4...

Does Outlook 2003 Pro w/BCM do reports?
Would like to quit using ACT2000 and upgraded and start using the BCM part of Outlook 2003. Would appreciate feedback on.... Does Outlook 2003 have a custom report-maker like ACT, where you can specify which data to pull and then put it in a format you want... like suppose I want to create a report of all names, addresses, and detailed notes of conversations...and print them. Or suppose I want to print the addresses of all contacts in FLORIDA on an envelope. ...

Custom reports, where are the .rdl's found?
I've created a dozen or so custom SRS reports and imported them via the Reportserver. Now, I'll be moving to a new report server and am unable to "extract" my .rdl files (yes, I know, stupid that I didn't keep the originals). Are these held somewhere in the report server or on the web server? I was able to find where the vanilla ones are saved to my custom ones aren't there. I don't want to rewrite them unless absolutely necessary. More Actions did not work either. Thx. Not sure why the 'More Actions/Download report' doesn't work, but the ne...

Failed to publish report to MS Office Word or Excel
I received this error when trying to export/convert an Access form to excel, other PCs at the same office works just fine. All PCs running Access 2003 in WIn/XP. The Error is: "Microsoft Access Cannot complete the output operation". The Visual Basic code you entered contains a syntax error or the Output procedures are not available. Make sure there isn't a syntax error in your code. If the syntax is correct, run Setup to reinstall Microsoft Office Access. If you want to preserve your security or custom settings, back up the Microsoft Office Access workgroup information file...

Want to see the current record on the report
I have a form with a command button that brings up a report. The form has no unique identifier since together, the name and the date of encounter, determine uniqueness. ie. the same person may be entered on 2 different dates and vice - versa. I am using the following code kindly given me by Allen Browne. Private Sub cmdPrint_Click() Dim strWhere As String If Me.Dirty Then 'Save any edits. Me.Dirty = False End If If Me.NewRecord Then 'Check there is a record to print MsgBox "Select a record to print" Else strWhere = "[ssn] ...