Removing menu bar

I have a very simple program, made as a SDI application.
All the interface I need are some Toolbar buttons. It is not
that the menu bar does hurt. I just don't need it so I would
like to remove it. (To remove the status bar was no problem
but I can not find anything about the menu bar. Not even in
the CREATESTRUCT structure which to me seems a
good place.)

Thanks for any answer
Anders

m a i l : anders d o t floderus a t swipnet d o t se

0
nospam8554 (48)
10/30/2004 2:06:51 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Anders Floderus" <nospam@example.com> wrote in message
> I have a very simple program, made as a SDI application.
> All the interface I need are some Toolbar buttons. It is not
> that the menu bar does hurt. I just don't need it so I would
> like to remove it. (To remove the status bar was no problem
> but I can not find anything about the menu bar. Not even in
> the CREATESTRUCT structure which to me seems a
> good place.)

See if this kb article has any merit...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B131368

--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)
10/30/2004 2:23:35 PM
Just using DestroyMenu on the menu itself should do it.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"Anders Floderus" <nospam@example.com> wrote in message
> I have a very simple program, made as a SDI application.
> All the interface I need are some Toolbar buttons. It is not
> that the menu bar does hurt. I just don't need it so I would
> like to remove it. (To remove the status bar was no problem
> but I can not find anything about the menu bar. Not even in
> the CREATESTRUCT structure which to me seems a
> good place.)
>
> Thanks for any answer
> Anders

> m a i l : anders d o t floderus a t swipnet d o t se

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Error bars not displaying
Microsoft Excel 2002 SP3. I have data that looks like this: Median Min Max Na 0.032617 0.000106 0.387142 Cl 0.0265 0.000017 0.282087 Ca 0.000524 0.0000047 0.0059883 K 0.005523 0.000007 0.038365 Mg 0.0000823 0.0000001 0.0018515 PO4 0.00031 0.00002 0.00105 HCO3 0.001655 0.000262 0.003048 I'm doing a line plot with the first column as the categorical x axis, and the second column, median, on the y-axis, which is logarithmic. I then set up error bars using the values in the min and max column (columns 3 and 4 above) as custom values in the "error amount" part of the format data ser...

How can I remove a Windows Update that has been installed?
Having had a problem following the latest IE security update (KB978207) with IE8 itself and, having already posted and tried a couple of suggestions made, including raising a support case (what a waste of time that was, they told me to look in the knowledge base and to raise a question in here, both of which I had done already!), I now would like to know if it is possible to get rid of this update somehow as the problem is getting really irritating and I can't figure out what to do about it. So, is it possible to uninstall/remove a Windows Update? [crosspost to IE General]...

Remove add-in
Hello all, I remove an add-in (deleted it) but Excel still wants to run it when I open Excel. Give me the following error: If you are trying to open the file from your list of most recently used files,make sure tat the file has not been renamed, moved or deleted. Thank for the help. Did you remove the add-in using the Excel add-in menu, or did you just delete the add-in files from your hard drive? Are you using Excel 2003 or 2007? "PBG" wrote: > Hello all, > I remove an add-in (deleted it) but Excel still wants to run it when I open > Excel. Give me the...

Remov the header and footer on mail HTML created with Outlook 2003
Hello, it is possible will not print the header and footer on mail HTML created with Outlook 2003? I removed text in IE7/Page setup but the email still print the header and footer. Thank you Luigi ...

Creating directory on Outlook 2002 Pro Shortcut Bar
I am trying to get my mail organized and was wondering if there is a way to create a directory on the Outlook 2002 Shortcut Bar? Earlier I imported mail from Outlook Express a couple of times and it made a disorganized mess. For reasons unknown, my Outlook Express Mail Program keeps crashing Don't forget to change the (at) in my e-mail address to the correct symbol. Please e-mail me a response Thank Do you mean a new group on the shortcut bar. Right click in an open area of the shortcut bar and select New Group. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group...

Remove overdue tapes / Remove tapes from library
Hi, How can I delete overdue tape or remove tapes from the library/pretection group? We've used tapes in the testfase without barcode labels. These tapes do have a a barcode label now, but dpm expects tapes without a barcode label. These aren't available anymore. Can I remove these, so they won't be listed as overdue in the tape management report? No-one?...

Removing Office X
I just installed Office 2004 Pro, it is working great. Office X, however was left on my hard drive. Is there any reason to keep it? How do I uninstall it without affecting 2004? On 10/17/04 10:26 AM, in article BD980756.4A1%james.mills@visibilitycm.com, "James Mills" <james.mills@visibilitycm.com> wrote: > I just installed Office 2004 Pro, it is working great. Office X, however > was left on my hard drive. Is there any reason to keep it? It's up to you. I don't have any reason for keeping Office X, but some people, especially those who develop macros and...

Remove Bill To Country/Region
Hi I'm integrating Microsoft CRM with an ERP system. The ERP system uses a drop-down for the country information of addresses on accounts, contacts, quotes etc., and does not accept values for the country field that are not options in the drop-down list. MS CRM however allows entry of free text in the counry field. I therefore want to remove the standard "Country/Region" field from the CRM user interface and replace it with a custom country picklist that I add to the schema using Deployment Manager. I've done this succesfully with the Account entity. However, when trying ...

Menu item doesn't work
MSVC 6. Win 2000 I created a menu item (pop-up) and let classwizard map it through my CLeftView class. When I right click the mouse the menu comes up ok but the item is disabled. I tried in all classes and this doesn't happen if I map it through the App or Mainframe objects. I really need to do this in the CLeftView. Thanks Who is the owner of the menu? If you want the view to enable/disable the item, make view as the owner and provide handler for the menu item ID in the view. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Steve S" <SSerrell@WAGSTAFF.com> wrote in ...

Outlook email address cach (.NK2 file)
We recently installed new servers and chose to use a different internal domain name than before. At the request of some users we took a backup of their Outlook .NK2 file which contains a cache of email addresses they've used. A side affect that I've discovered is that the email addresses in the cache file which are internal addresses i.e. point to our old internal addresses generate NDR reports. Obviously this is a double edged sword - it's very handy for users to retain their cache file but it's also causing problems when they use the cache list for internal emails. Is the...

Drawing attention to difference in bar chart
Hi there I have a pair of financial data I was tracking over 3 years. Now I put them in a bar chart to show both values: I ended up with 3*2 bars, which is great. :) Now I need to highlight the growing difference between each pair over the 3 years. Is there any way I can do that? I don't want to add a 3rd bar to each pair with the difference, as it is not too big so the effect won't be too visual. However, the trend is growing: from 7% on the first year to 30% in the 3rd year. And that's what I'd like to show off. How can I do that within the same chart? ...

Formula Bar blocks column header letters so I can't paste
I've run into a problem while trying to move a couple of columns in an Excel 2003 worksheet. I'm trying to move columns J & K a couple of columns over to the right and insert them to the left of column N. Here's what happens: 1. I put the mouse pointer over the letter J at the top of the column and click the left mouse button. 2. As I would expect, all the cells in the column turn blue, and heavy dark vertical borders appear along the sides of the column. 3. But, a horizontal white bar pops up along the top edge of the worksheet and obscures all of the alphabetical colu...

How do I remove mail from the server
I am switching from Eudora to Outlook 2003. I check my pop3 mail account from 3 places - home, work, and webmail. There are times when I want to remove email from the server after checking at home or work. The only way that I have found so far to do that is to delete them from my inbox, then delete them from the deleted box, and this usually removes them from the server. I have my account setting set up to delete my "deleted items" & to remove them from the server when I close outlook. However there are some emails that I want to keep but I don't want them on t...

Remove emails from my workplace
I want to remove, from Workplace/In Progress, emails that were assigned or sent directly to me, without deleting them from a contact or account history. If I’m using Actions/Delete option, on each record, the email will be lost forever from my CRM “inbox” and also from contact/account or lead history. Thanks! Dione ...

Removing Last 5.5 Server #4
I've migrated over to 2003 about 2 months ago and about a month ago I stopped all the services on my 5.5 server to see if I got any errors, no real errors other that LDAP error in the ADC. I'm was going to go ahead and remove the 5.5 server and I cannot get it to come back up but the instructions say to keep the services stopped anyway. When I try and delete it from the 5.5 manager I get several errors. First is "SMTP Extension could not be loaded" second was "Cannot delete server cause not all the public folders were moved to new server" I've had everything...

Outlook in Start up Menu
I have pinned Outlook to the start-up menu and although it does come up upon starting the computer, Outlook will not work unless I actually go into the program to open it and keep it running. So mail and calendar items will not work unless I have opened the program. That is a bummer because I would like it to start automatically. Is there something I can do to make this happen? Thanks for any help or suggestions! Al;114127 Wrote: > I have pinned Outlook to the start-up menu and although it does come up > upon > starting the computer, Outlook will not work unless I ac...

Help Removing White Background from Logo Created in Publisher 200
*Posting to this Page because I believe this is more of a General Question* Hi I run a small website and am sorta OK/Good with Publisher but still Amatuer on more advanced things. I have no advertising buget so primarily make all my own marketing materials myself in publisher or word. I need help removing the white background from a logo I created in Microsoft Publisher 2007. Whenver I go to post the current logo file saved as a JPEG onto a website the logo shows up along with the white background. How do I remove this white background from the file so that wherever i post it you only ...

How do I remove a "List" once I've created it in 2003
I just used the new feature "List" in 2003 to try to organize all my source data into one "unit" (to make pivot tables easier). It's not working as I planned and it slows down the resources so I'd like to undo the list. DOes anyone know how to do that? Thanks I believe you are looking for... Data | List | "Convert to Range" HTH -- Dana DeLouis Win XP & Office 2003 "Joyce" <Joyce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AA8656B-FE42-463E-AD3D-9F99A77E22C1@microsoft.com... >I just used the new feature "Lis...

How to remove a * signs from name
I have large amount of data having * signs in between the names for E.g Tom*, Di*ck, *Harry. I want to have a plain names without the * signs. Can someine help in this? do a find and replace. you don't say which version of excel you're using. find * leave replace blank -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "virag" <virag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C249E60-6D00-4863-8D52-21E3A4E41BA4@microsoft.com... >I have large amount of data having * signs in between the names for E.g >Tom*, > Di*ck, *Harry. > > I want...

i need remove security or restore access to folder in windows server 2003
hi, I need access to folder in windows server 2003 nothing access with administrator thks __________ Informaci�n de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versi�n de la base de firmas de virus 5220 (20100623) __________ ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje. http://www.eset.com ESTEBAN OCONITRILLO RAMIREZ wrote: > hi, > I need access to folder in windows server 2003 nothing access with > administrator > http://www.computing.net/forum/windows2003/1.html ...

Remove Digital Signature? Please help
I submitted a paper to a journal and they couldn’t upload it in to their system because of digital signature. They see a non-validated signature on the word document that is preventing them to put into their database. They tried to delete the digital signature but without success. I opened the word file on two different computers and there are no signatures attached to the document that I can see when I use office button>>Prepare option. Is there any other way to remove the digital signature? Please help...thanks very much. ...

Remove Mail GUID
I am trying to remove the GUID from my outgoing CRM 1.2 emails. When we recently migrated our installation to hardware the Exchange Mail Enabled flag was set. The GUIDs started being included. We removed the Exchange flag thinking this would stop the GUID's but it did not. We rebooted all of the involved systems (DC's, Exchange, CRM, SQL Server) but still we have GUIDs. With CRM 1.2 is there something else to change to turn off the GUIDs? Thanks, George Vessels HelloFollowing steps to remove the GUID:1. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM. 2. Find the regi...

removing leading zeros in numeric fields
How do I remove leading Zeros in numeric fields that are less than 1.000? example, 0.123, I would like to have .123. Thanks Gary Format|Cells|Number scroll down in the category list to Custom and in the Type field type .000 Jerry dingy101 wrote: > How do I remove leading Zeros in numeric fields that are less than 1.000? > > example, 0.123, I would like to have .123. > > Thanks > > Gary Thanks for help, programming group answered question. Gary "dingy101" wrote: > How do I remove leading Zeros in numeric fields that are less than 1.000? > &g...

Remove Duplicate Numbers in One Cell
My worksheet has one column in which each cell has one and two-digit numbers separated by spaces, such as 1 18 22 5 1 31 8 11 6 1 I want to remove all the duplicate numbers in each cell, leaving only one instance of each number in there. (1 and 11 are different numbers, of course). I've tried a few solutions, but they're clunky and inelegant and take a long time to do these thousands of cells. Anyone have a better way? Thanks, Lucky This isn't eligant but it is pretty straight forward. Use split to put the numbers into an array. Perform a Buble Test on the a...

How do I search a mailing list spreadsheet to remove entries alre.
My company wants to start doing mailing lists to new homeowners around the city, so we will be receiving mailing lists each month to send out to. I want to be sure that we won't be sending letters out to the same people each month, so I would like a way to have Excel search through the new list and remove any entries it finds that have already been present in previous lists. Does this call for a macro? Check out Chip Pearson's web site. Scroll down to "D", and you'll find many pages about dealing with duplicates. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.htm -- HTH, ...