Regsitry Key inaccessable in Windows 2003

Hi all,

I cannt access a Registry Entry from windows 2003. Works fine with Windows
2000.
I am accesing it from a Service in vc++.
If i change the service Run as  to Administrative Account it works, but
fails in local account.
No problem at all in Windows 2000.
Any Clues???

Thanks and Regards,
Abhinav

0
bhagwatav (7)
12/13/2004 8:48:48 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Have you checked if you have the correct permissions to access that key
using a local account on the 2003 box?

- MR

"Abhi" <bhagwatav@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I cannt access a Registry Entry from windows 2003. Works fine with Windows
> 2000.
> I am accesing it from a Service in vc++.
> If i change the service Run as  to Administrative Account it works, but
> fails in local account.
> No problem at all in Windows 2000.
> Any Clues???
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Abhinav

0
strike (83)
12/13/2004 9:03:50 AM
If i have the permissions on Windows 2000, i should also have them on 2003..
isnt it. I have not modified the permission on either of the OS's. Please
Help.

"Mark Randall" <strike@rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Have you checked if you have the correct permissions to access that key
> using a local account on the 2003 box?
>
> - MR
>
> "Abhi" <bhagwatav@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I cannt access a Registry Entry from windows 2003. Works fine with
Windows
> > 2000.
> > I am accesing it from a Service in vc++.
> > If i change the service Run as  to Administrative Account it works, but
> > fails in local account.
> > No problem at all in Windows 2000.
> > Any Clues???
> >
> > Thanks and Regards,
> > Abhinav

0
bhagwatav (7)
12/13/2004 11:48:57 AM
You don;t have proper right to acess that key buddy
"Mark Randall" <strike@rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Have you checked if you have the correct permissions to access that key
> using a local account on the 2003 box?
>
> - MR
>
> "Abhi" <bhagwatav@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I cannt access a Registry Entry from windows 2003. Works fine with
Windows
> > 2000.
> > I am accesing it from a Service in vc++.
> > If i change the service Run as  to Administrative Account it works, but
> > fails in local account.
> > No problem at all in Windows 2000.
> > Any Clues???
> >
> > Thanks and Regards,
> > Abhinav

0
thatsalok (4)
12/13/2004 11:52:12 AM
How to fix that programatically in vc++???
Thanks and Regards, Abhinav Bhagwat Software Engineer Cybage Software Pvt.
Ltd. Phone(Office): 91-20-4044700 x 729 Mobile: +919850812504
abhinavb@cybage.com
www.cybage.com -------------------------------------------------------------
------------------- Its not about meeting the deadline but beating the
deadline -- Dhirubhai Ambani
"thatsalok" <thatsalok@wdevs.com_I_DONT_NEED_SPAM> wrote in message
> You don;t have proper right to acess that key buddy
> "Mark Randall" <strike@rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Have you checked if you have the correct permissions to access that key
> > using a local account on the 2003 box?
> >
> > - MR
> >
> > "Abhi" <bhagwatav@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I cannt access a Registry Entry from windows 2003. Works fine with
> Windows
> > > 2000.
> > > I am accesing it from a Service in vc++.
> > > If i change the service Run as  to Administrative Account it works,
but
> > > fails in local account.
> > > No problem at all in Windows 2000.
> > > Any Clues???
> > >
> > > Thanks and Regards,
> > > Abhinav

0
bhagwatav (7)
12/13/2004 12:12:44 PM
What key is it? Does it exist at all? What code you use to open the key?
What permissions you see in Regedit?

"Abhi" <bhagwatav@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I cannt access a Registry Entry from windows 2003. Works fine with Windows
> 2000.
> I am accesing it from a Service in vc++.
> If i change the service Run as  to Administrative Account it works, but
> fails in local account.
> No problem at all in Windows 2000.
> Any Clues???
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Abhinav

0
alegr (1131)
12/13/2004 9:30:06 PM
Well, you are wrong. Security evolves too. Now, be a
good sport and post the details.

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

> If i have the permissions on Windows 2000, i should also have them on
> 2003..
> isnt it. I have not modified the permission on either of the OS's. Please
> Help.
>
> "Mark Randall" <strike@rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Have you checked if you have the correct permissions to access that key
>> using a local account on the 2003 box?
>>
>> - MR
>>
>> "Abhi" <bhagwatav@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I cannt access a Registry Entry from windows 2003. Works fine with
> Windows
>> > 2000.
>> > I am accesing it from a Service in vc++.
>> > If i change the service Run as  to Administrative Account it works, but
>> > fails in local account.
>> > No problem at all in Windows 2000.
>> > Any Clues???
>> >
>> > Thanks and Regards,
>> > Abhinav

0
agnickolov (50)

can I rename echange 2003 server with ease
Is it difficult to rename exchange 2003 server with 5000 users? Thanks In news:11A23EBE-DDF2-4E62-BAEA-0BBF51D70B9C@microsoft.com, Johan <Johan@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Is it difficult to rename exchange 2003 server with 5000 users? > > Thanks Not difficult at all if you don't mind that Exchange will break. ;-) It's impossible to rename an Exchange server without breaking Exchange. Does that answer your question? Why is there a need to rename your Exchange server? In any event, if you HAVE to rename it, you'll have to either migrate to a new s...

New window behavior?
It seems the Excel folks are always striving to find some way to make Excel behave differently from all other Windows applications in some regard. The most glaring example, of course, is cut, copy, and paste, but I just accidentally discovered another one, and I'm wondering how long (i.e., since what version) Excel has been doing this. I'm using Excel 2003, and when I right-click on a child window's window menu* I get a context menu with things live save, print, new window, etc. I tried this in Access and Word and right-clicking a child window window menu does...absolutely nothing...

Auto-Maximise Windows in SO Manager
We have a retailer who has a small screen and therefore runs at a 800x600 resolution. Problem is, the windows in Manager then need to be constantly moved around and it drives them nuts. I have tried just changing the screen res but they aren;t happy with that as it makes the text too small. Is there any way that the windows in manager can be set to automatically maximise? Thanks, Matt -- *Matthew Warr* Retail Technology Ltd http://www.rtl-world.com 800x600 is so 1980s. You need 1280x1024 for any reasonably modern software. 1024x768 is a bare minimum. RMS is designed for 1280x1024...

Catching the Keys Ctrl and K
Hi, In the Edit Box, I want to catch when the user presses the Keys 'CTRL' and 'K'. To catch a key down we can use WM_KEYDOWN message and check for the KEY, but how to check if the user presses 2 keys at a time for example if the User presses the CTRL and K keys. Thanks & Regards, Mohan Hi Mohan, Use ::GetKeyState (VK_CONTROL) < 0 in WM_KEYDOWN handler -VSP "Mohan" <ram_naga@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:dvrcji$1sm$1@daniel-new.mch.sbs.de... > Hi, > > In the Edit Box, I want to catch when the user presses the Keys '...

Windows 95
How do I load a Windows 95 database into an Excel spreadsheet? "she123ilab" <she123ilab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85E861ED-0A65-41A8-8DC8-06BD52BDB5B5@microsoft.com... > How do I load a Windows 95 database into an Excel spreadsheet? Windows 95 is not a database application, it's an Operating System. What application was the database created in? Windows 95 is an Operating System and does not create databases. What application was used to create the database? File extension is?? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 02:13:03 -0700, "...

Ports 465 995 Error 0x800CCC0F Windows Mail
AT&T internet server new outgoing and ingoing email ports 465 and 995 do not work with Windows Mail Vista 64-bit OS. Need to change from old ports 25 and 110. Does anyone know how to fix? -- sumac Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com "sumac" <sumac.424jga@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:sumac.424jga@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com... > > AT&T internet server new outgoing and ingoing email ports 465 and 995 do > not work with Windows Mail Vista 64-bit OS. Need to change from old > ports 25 and 110. Does anyone know how t...

Dropdowns in Word 2003
I have created a dropdown in Word 2003; the text exceeds the field length and the text that is beyond that field length is getting cutoff on the document. Can I widen the dropdown field? How can I correct this issue? Thanks! See http://www.gmayor.com/SelectFile.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>...

CDialog on top of all windows?
Hi, I have a class derived from CDialog. When I show this dialog I want it to be modal and display on top of all the windows, even those of other applications. This is needed because the dialog is being run through Automation and I want it to be 'On Top' of the other .exe and not the ..exe it 'belongs' to; preferably without the 1st .exe also being put on top. How can I do that? Thanks, Scott Metzger In the OnInitDialog() member function of your dialog call SetWindowPos(&CWnd::wndTopMost, 0,0,0,0, SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOSIZE ); -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++...

Exmerge (Exch 2003)
It seems that I have to alter the security permissions on the mailboxes in System Manager if I want to use Exmerge to import PST files. The only way to do this, for the Administrator, is to remove the "Inherited rights" - am I opening a can of worms doing this? What exactly do I need to do to import PST files using Exmerge on the actual server? TIA. Either grant yourself Send As and Recieve As permissions at the target mailbox level (using AD Users & Computers in "advanced view") or do it using ESM (requires you set the "show security tab" reg key) or u...

Can office small business 2003 be upgraded to professional 2007
I have Offise Small Business 2003 and need to upgrade to 2007 or newer. Can I upgrade from Small Business version to the Professional Version and have all the programs of 2007? Or can I only upgrade to the Small Business version? John in MN wrote: >I have Offise Small Business 2003 and need to upgrade to 2007 or newer. Can >I upgrade from Small Business version to the Professional Version and have >all the programs of 2007? Or can I only upgrade to the Small Business >version? > > Yes you can upgrade to Office 2007 Professional and the good news is...

Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]? Outlook 2003 SP1 sending through wrong account, no hotfix planned ?
Hi, I have discovered today that my Outlook 2003 SP1 is sending some e-mails from the wrong account (because the recipient sees "on behalf of" that I am not using) and after spending a couple of hours searching in Google I have found the following thread where Jeff Stephenson [MSFT] posted some useful information: http://groups.google.es/groups?hl=es&lr=&threadm=3C3F7F03-B617-47B9-894A-AF242EE6BC13%40microsoft.com&rnum=10&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dmicrosoft.public.outlook%2B2003%2BJeff%2BStephenson%2BSMTP%26hl%3Des%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN%26scoring%3Dd To summarize, the prob...

Filtering Excel 2003 Charts to a date range
I have multiple charts that we look for trends on over 1-2 year time frames. Is it possible to have a chart show all the data that has been entered and when looking at the chart have a date range data to format that range differently. What I am trying to do is we have weekly or montly meetings, in these meetings I would like to show all the additional data differently that has been added since our last meeting, while showing accumulative data in a different format. The easiest way to get different formats is to use different series. If you had one series, you could use autofiltering to...

Import MS Word 2003 Table to Excel
I have a word document that has many tables. I need to take each table and put them into one cell in excel if possible. I have several test documents that I was able to transfer the information from Word to Excel in a row per record. I need to keep the tables with their respective row(record). Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Shortcut key
One of the most irksome things in using Visio is having to go up to select an icon to switch between select mode and text entry mode. Is there any shortcuts keys or any trick to make the switch? Thank you, dbuchanan "dbuchanan" <dbuchanan52@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1127084047.892156.41270@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > One of the most irksome things in using Visio is having to go up to > select an icon to switch between select mode and text entry mode. Is > there any shortcuts keys or any trick to make the switch? > > Thank you, > dbuchanan S...

reading pane in outlook 2003 #2
i prefer not to use the reading pane and have it switched off but it seems its configured seperately for every folder, is there an overall control for the reading pane in outlook 2003 so you can just switch it off for all folders? You can do this by changing the default Messages when all folders are still in this default view. Otherwise define a new view and apply it on first use of the folder. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "jas0n" &...

Creating a simple form in Outlook 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C3FAEF.C4CC0AA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can someone walk me through how I would set up a simple form in Outlook, = that when sent, the form would be in active visual mode when received by = a recipient? I don't find the help very helpful. I.e.... how about as an example it would ask the question "What day = would be best for you:". To the right of that I would like a simple drop = down menu that would have the choices Monday to ...

Backing up Exchange 2003
Hi all, I am backing up an Exchange 2003 server on Windows 2003. I am trying t backup up the system state should I do this through my Veritas 9. software or should I do it through the NT backup with Windows 2003. My problem with the Veritas software is that it wants to use Volum Shadow Copy which I want to switch off. Any advise would be greatly appreciate - fe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com...

2003 won't sychronize
I recently upgraded to Office 2003 from Office XP (2002). My laptops were set to synchonize on exit so that the user could view all mail while off line. I can't get it to automatically synchronize on exit in 2003. It looks like all the settings are right but nothing happens. I even deleted the OST file and created a new one but nothing is syncing ...

Outlook 2003- pauses for a few seconds every few keystrokes
Hi- this problem is making Outlook unusable for me. It happens with both my Windows XP machine and Vista laptop, using the same data on both machines (but not the same PST file- I synced twice with my Palm. I notice that the PST file is only a few megabytes, however, so it's small when the problem happens. In addtion, I tried deleting everything and starting from the beginning, just loading up one part of Outlook at a time to see where the problem is-- seems like it occurs when I start approaching around 300 contacts (I have about 500 contacts total), or as I ramp up my calendar ...

RE: Outlook 2003 / CRM 1.2 Install issue.
Hey there, Having trouble installing client v1.2 on a Win2000 Office 2003 client. The install completes sweet as no probs but when I first load up Outlook '03 I get the message Microsoft CRM ---------------- An error occurred whilr installing Microsoft CRM folders. Have tried searching for log files for the client but to no avail. If anyone can point me towards something or even tell me where the (install)log files are would be much apprec. Chris. Chris, I had a similar problem on a test install of CRM 1.0 with win XP and office 2003. I Just kept clicking ok and then c...

Windows XP SP3 and GP 10
We purchased 3 new computers that came with WXP SP3. I installed GP 10 SP3 and all was fine until I attempted to print purchase orders. I would go to Transactions->Purchase->Print Purchase Order Documents. I attempted to print 5 PO's and then after clicking print, the computer just sits there for about 2 minutes and then it finally printed. I then went to a WXP SP2 computer and attempted to print the same 5 PO's. They printed instantly. After trying everything under the sun, I went into the ODBC Adminstrator and changed the DSN to use SQL Server Client instead of SQ...

Word 2003: Possible to Use both Forms and Tracked Changes Protect
I've not been able to figure out a way to protect a document so that one section is protected for filling in forms only, and another section is protected in tracked changes mode. I want to create better contract templates for use by our sales teams (thus the forms protection - they can only fill in the gray fields and not alter other sections of the template), while allowing our clients to made modifications to the terms in the subsequent pages. I find Word protection features very limited. Hopefully it's better in 2007. Thank you. A document can only have one type ...

How do I change the default directory for Publisher 2003?
My c: drive was short on space after I upgraded to Office 2003 so I moved the clip art to a separate drive. No linking problems with Word, XP, etc - just Publisher where I really USE clip art! How can I tell Publisher that my clip art - and ALL pictures - are on a different drive? On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 21:25:03 +0000, The Kat wrote (in article <93A63632-5792-4B19-A2F5-99EE5260C3FB@microsoft.com>): > My c: drive was short on space after I upgraded to Office 2003 so I moved the > clip art to a separate drive. No linking problems with Word, XP, etc - just > Publisher where ...

Tracing dependents
Is there a way that I can highlight all the cells in a worksheet that contain values that are used by formulas in other worksheets/workbooks? -- Michelle Perhaps this, although it will show all dependents on-sheet as well and not just those off-sheet Sub ShowDeps() Dim myrng As Range Dim myrng1 As Range Dim myrng2 As Range With ActiveSheet Set myrng1 = Intersect(.UsedRange, _ .UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas, 23)) Set myrng2 = Intersect(.UsedRange, _ .UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 23)) E...

OWA 2003
hello, i am considering using OWA 2003 for my primary email client (im on the road quite a bit), but i have one problem i havent figured out yet -- how can i forward messages as attachments, and not as inline text? for instance, when i use my NetAddress.com webclient (@usa.net), i can select "forward as attachment" and pass a message on to another Outlook user, and it will appear as a mail message attachment for that person, which can then be dragged into an appropiate folder in that user's Outlook. but, when i try this from OWA (running Exchange 2003 server), the forwarded me...