Registry question

Hello Group,

I have an application that saves some configuration data
in the registry system (under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\MyApp\ConfData) of the currently logged
on user. This way, every user who runs this app will have
his own configuration data.

When a user runs for the first time this app, the 'MyApp'
registry key will be created along with all its subkeys.

Now suppose we have 3 users and all of them have already
used the app. We will then have the 'MyApp' subtree
created for these 3 users.

What I want to know is that when the PC admin wants to
uninstall the app, how can I access the

'MyApp' subtree of each user (that has used the app) to
delete it? The problem is that when I open the Windows
Registry Editor and look under the HKEY_USERS key I don't
find the users (unless they are logged on), even if I am
the admin!

Thank you in advance,

Geo
0
ckarakiro (63)
10/12/2003 2:27:37 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

NetUserEnum
RegLoadKey
RegOpenKey
RegUnloadKey

"Geo" <ckarakiro@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello Group,
>
> I have an application that saves some configuration data
> in the registry system (under
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\MyApp\ConfData) of the currently logged
> on user. This way, every user who runs this app will have
> his own configuration data.
>
> When a user runs for the first time this app, the 'MyApp'
> registry key will be created along with all its subkeys.
>
> Now suppose we have 3 users and all of them have already
> used the app. We will then have the 'MyApp' subtree
> created for these 3 users.
>
> What I want to know is that when the PC admin wants to
> uninstall the app, how can I access the
>
> 'MyApp' subtree of each user (that has used the app) to
> delete it? The problem is that when I open the Windows
> Registry Editor and look under the HKEY_USERS key I don't
> find the users (unless they are logged on), even if I am
> the admin!
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Geo

0
alegr (1131)

Newbie Question: Using Web Services
Hello All. I've been trying to implement Infopath with CRM with no success. I've tried the example, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crminfopathcrmintegration.asp, to no avail. I have followed the example to the letter, but find the information about publishing the Web Service to the server to be somewhat lacking. Admittedly, I am not a programmer, and I am continually running into an error in line 54: xmlDoc.LoadXml(objQuery.ExecuteQuery(objBizUser.WhoAmI(), strAllAccountsFetchXML)); Has anyone else ...

could not allocate space in a Registry log
Hello all, I use exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 platform. When i tried to create a mailbox for a new user, i got the following error msg: "System could not allocate the required space in a Registry log". Pls what can I do to correct this and also to prevent a future occurrence. Your urgent response will be appreciated. ...

E-mail question!
Our company is testing anew Spam server. I would like to test the server by sending information to that specific server. The Spam server is use as an e-mail relay. This is our setup: We have 3 MX records mail.domain.com mail1.domain.com spam.domain.com Question: How do I send e-mail to the spam.domain.com? I know I can do a telnet domain.com 25. Is there a way I can setup a SMTP client to just use the Spam MX record? Please advise. Thank you! Sure, you could configure Outlook Express to point to the spam server as its outgoing mail server. -- Mark Fugatt "DYI" ...

Countif question #4
How do I use COUNTIF if I want the criteria to be greater than the value in cell B1? Thanks in advance. Barb Reinhardt One way: =COUNTIF(rng, ">B1") In article <O4wGKFFdFHA.2900@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Barb Reinhardt" <reply@tonewsgroup.com> wrote: > How do I use COUNTIF if I want the criteria to be greater than the value in > cell B1? JE means =COUNTIF(rng,">"&B1) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "JE McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in message news:jemcgi...

Modifier/VBA related question
Hi How can we access a field added in a dex window through modifier using Dexterity? Or How can we access hided field of dex window in VBA? Thanks & Regards Pradeep M V Fields in a modified 3rd party window cannot be accessed from Dexterity. However with Version 9 SP1, these fields are accessable using VS tools. You can also access fields in a modified 3rd party window using VBA. In VBA, if the field is hidden, you need to first show the field, add it to VBA and then you can hide it again. Once the field is in VBA you can access it wether it is visible or not. Steve Hudson ...

question on horizontal line on chart
Excel 2003 :) Ok, I'm able to put a horozontal line on my chart but now I'm trying to make it change... I have a chart (standard clustered column)that shows YTD values from several sources with a horizontal line showing the average of them all. (instructions for adding line from peltiertech.com - thanks Jon!) Here's my problem. These are year to date numbers so they change monthly and so does the average. In the x,y range in my worksheet for the horizontal line, I tried linking the number to the average, and it appears to work - the numbers for 0 and 1 change when the ave...

Question about Cell Borders
I need to be able to set a default cell border style, thickness and color, such that when the Border button on the Format toolbar is clicked, that border will be consistently applied to the selected cells. Is there any way to permanently change the border produced by the toolbar button. Thanks Kevin I don't know of any way to reliably do what you're after. However, a better solution would be to create a new toolbar button and attach a macro that you record (Tools/Macros/Record new macro) applying the border style, thickness and color that you want. In article <C4FC8DC5-C...

Excel EULA question
Hi, where I work we have several people that run a process, which at the end requires the creation of a report in excel. This used to be done manually - people would copy data from tables in sql server 2000, and paste and pivot it into an excel file. I've recently created an application that automatically exports the data into an excel file and saves it to a particular folder at the end of the process. To work, this program just requires that excel be installed on the server where the process is run. But, since several people run the process, does each one of those people have to ...

formula question, parentheses (sorta newbie)
I've used Lotus 1-2-3 and Quattro Pro for years, and I'm somewhat new to Excel. I'm using "Microsoft Excel for Windows 95 / Version 7.0". When I enter a formula and the cursor is anywhere near the parentheses they switch to bold and the cursor disappears for a couple seconds. I find this *really* annoying and was wondering if anyone knows how to disable this "feature". -- It is better to communicate good information than to offer misinformation in the name of good communication. -Alistair B. Fraser Actually, it is highlighting what appears to be the ma...

Newbie 'RIGHT' question
Hi all. Is there a way to tell the RIGHT function to extract all the characters in a string preceding a second capital letter? We have a data set that contains concatenated Firstnames and Lastnames. For example: JoeSmith JonathanJones JamieJensen We need to break the first names out into a separate column... I know how to use RIGHT to grab a fixed number of characters or even characters preceding a space... But in this case, I need to tell it to grab everything preceding a CAPITAL letter. Any ideas? Much appreciated!! Mouse To get the last name =MID(A1,MATCH(1,(CODE(MID(A1,ROW(INDI...

Question about styles and defaults
I am very new to Word 2007 but very familiar with W 2002. I have a Word 2002 document that I opened in Word 2007. I also started a new document in Word 2007 and would like to use the same fonts, heading styles, etc. How do I transfer these settings to the new document in Word 2007 (which presently has weird default fonts like "Calibri" and no default Heading 3, etc.). I prefer the settings I am used to in Word 2002 and would like to transfer them to Word 2007. Thank you, Jeff If you are saying that you want to use the factory defaults of Word 2002 (and 2003)?...

Stupid question regarding reports
I am a former Quicken user switching to Money and I have what seems to me a very dumb report question. How do I create a new report? I've looked in the help file and in the online tutorial and users guide and find plenty of references to customizing an existing report but nothing about creating a new one. I realize that it must be there somewhere. Someone please help this dummy (it would be nice if they gave you even a 5 page manual though). Bob Had me guessing for a while also. Just click on "reports" and select which one you want. Don't forget to use "custom...

Bar chart question?
I have a list with names and values as follows: A B Law 22 Low 5 and so on for 34 rows. But the list can very in size. I have a chart that takes the data from this list, but I can only have the source "1 to 34" rows. Is there a way that the chart veries with the size of the list? -- Bob You need to explore the concept of 'dynamic chart' Start here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html If you need more Google <excel dynamic chart' If you have Excel 2007, it is every easy: just select the data used for the chart and make it...

Validation list question #2
I have created 2 validation lists in two different cells - D & E. Cell D contains the values 10A, 10B, and 10C. In cell E, the values are 1234, 1235, 1236. The cells are related in a sense that the first value in cell D goes with the first value in cell E, and so forth. My question is: when I select any of the values in D, how do I get the value to automatically input in E? Thanks in advance, Newtechie Hi newtechie assuming that you have your validations list in a separate range (lets say on a separate sheet called 'val_list') and they are ordered like the following A ...

CRM Contact Notes And Activities Report Question.........
I need to generate a Report on Daily basis for Contacts. I want to see daily activities and notes at the end of day. i want to see it with user name. Currently Filter is applied on Contact or Activity. But If user has entered a notes whole day and he didnot enter any activity then That record will not appear. any help what i can do to get my desired report. Regards, BizWorld Hi, You should use LEFT OUTER JOIN instead of INNER JOIN to obtain your data. (Inner join restricts the data to only those in both tables, while a left join from Contact to Notes and Contact to Activity will ...

quick keyboard question
hey all, i am trying to get the hotykeys to work on a new keyboard - a m/s digital media 3000. i have it configured but read somewhere that to try another port, which i did to no avail, & this is their next suggestion: "Method 2: Disable or uninstall any previously installed keyboard softwareDisable any other keyboard control software installed on this computer and then try reassigning the keys. " before i do anything, i wanted to check first. i don't know where to disable or remove the keyboard control software. is it thru device manager, right click o...

questions about barcode
Dear all I want to know more about barcode in POS system. Is the barcode only contain a unique code of the products? What does the unique code like?(give me a example please) Is the barcode used as a primary key of products' table? If yes, what type and length of the barcode field should i use in the database? Thanks~~ Hi, > Is the barcode only contain a unique code of the products? YES > What does the unique code like?(give me a example please) It can be a EAN 13, EAN8 , CODE128 or any unique identifier that pertains to the item >Is the barcode used as a primary key of pr...

Essentials re-download question
I am receiving a prompt that my Essentials package subscription runs out in 6 days. I purchased essentials again and downloaded but am still getting that prompt. Does the new download not automatically sync with what was already on my computer. Any advice? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Mandy wrote: >I am receiving a prompt that my Essentials package subscription runs out in 6 >days. I purchased essentials again and downloaded but am still getting that >prompt. Does the new download not automatically sync with what was already on >my computer. Any advice? Thanks. You a...

Macro Question #4
Looking for a way to keep macros from infesting other workbooks. Found a neat toolbar gizmo here: http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html Problem is, the macros are in all of my other workbooks, and that message always pops up asking me if I want to enable/disable macros. I want to create a macro for just one specific workbook and leave my others alone. Possible? JP, Yes. When you get ready to write your Macro. Select "Tools", "Macro", "Macros". When the window pops up to Create a Macro, on the bottom of the window, select "Macros in:" This Wor...

DMF
Not to expose myself as a complete idiot , but are the Excel spreadsheet's that are part of the data migration framework Wizard actually "pulled" into the process or are they simply planning tools? Thanks, Lloyd They are planning tools -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Lloyd" wrote: > Not to expose myself as a complete idiot , but are the Excel spreadsheet's > that are part of the data migration framework Wizard actually "pulled" into > the process or are they simply planning tools? > > Thanks, Lloyd ...

Newsgroup message formatting question
I'm noticing that when I respond to newsgroup messages the previous message text is not indicated with >>> at the beginning of each line. I opened "Options/Send/Plain Text Settings/indent the original text with ">" when replying or forwarding" and confirmed it's checked. Is this just a bug? Also when I insert a signature the carriage returns are missing. In other words all the text is appearing on the same line instead of multiple lines - another bug? Those are known bugs in the Wave 4 beta. Microsoft is aware of them. Gary Va...

Another curvy question....
I've now discovered that I can get some cort of curvy linear arrows by using the Autoshape connectors, and this wouldn't be a problem apart from the fact that the curved connecting arrows default to an 'S' shaped curve, whereas I only want a simple arc. By manipulating the yellow adjustment handle I still don't seem to be able to get a proper arc shape - it just moves the unwanted bend in the curve. Any suggestions? Many thanks, A The basic shapes in Autoshapes has a curved line. It is a simple arc. I have a method of using text (WordArt) along a curved line. It ...

Pivot chart question #3
I am using Excel 2007. In previous versions, I've seen filter dropdown boxes on top of the pivot chart. But I haven't been able to put the filter box on the pivot chart with Excel 2007. Now they reside in the PivotChart Filter Pane. Is there a way to have them in the chart area? If that's not possible, is there another way to show the filtered values/labels on the chart? Thanks! ...

Lookup Question 04-17-10
I have a worksheet that has Zip codes that needs to be matched with a master zip code list with assigned names. One worksheet has a column called “Ship Zip” the other worksheet has two columns that I need to relate to the “Ship Zip” column, the first is a column “Zip Code” and the second is a column “Sales Person” the hope is to set a formula in the worksheet with the “Ship Zip” that would pull both columns from the other worksheet, if not I would need to pull the column “Sales Person” that provides the exact match of the zip codes in both worksheets. Without ...

Windows PowerShell Time out question
Wondering if there's a way to limit how long PowerShell will try to get the following information out of a servers WMI. Here's what I've got currently, it works fine so long the servers respond... $a = New-Object -comobject Excel.Application $a.visible = $True $b = $a.Workbooks.Add() $c = $b.Worksheets.Item(1) $c.Cells.Item(1,1) = "Domain" $c.Cells.Item(1,2) = "Server Name" $c.Cells.Item(1,3) = "Operating System" $c.Cells.Item(1,4) = "IP Address" $c.Cells.Item(1,5) = "Service Packs" $c.Cells.Item(1,6) = "Sys...