registry file structure

    Hello,

    I'm looking for description of raw registry files structure (winXP
registry). Or maybe somebody knows where can I find some examples of OFFLINE
registry reading (for VC++ 7) ?

Thank you for any help,
Kadett.

0
kadett (5)
12/7/2004 11:45:40 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

opening Home Pub 2000 files in 2007
I recently used Windows easy transfer in Vista to import Home Pub 2000 files from an older computer with XP. New files created in Pub 2007 open and function fine, but when I open transferred .php files from Pub 2000 it tries to open them with MSWord and I get gibberish. Getting frustrated. Is there an easy answer. Thanks BarbraJean wrote: > I recently used Windows easy transfer in Vista to import Home Pub > 2000 files from an older computer with XP. New files created in Pub > 2007 open and function fine, but when I open transferred .php files > from Pub 2000 it tries to open t...

The File is Locked. Try the command again later
I encounter this error when I try to open one excel file that has a shared workbook. I've tried to unshare it but the error stated on the subject line appears. I try to save as but still this error appears. What I did is to copy the text and save it to new workbook and it saved. What happened on my excel file? I've tried other files but this error doesn't appear. Hope you can help me. I have Office XP SP3. Me Is it password protected? -- Nancy Campbell Gravity Systems, Inc. Office Manager "A P" <ap@textguru.ph> wrote in message news:%23cMtLfwDFHA.3492@TK2MSF...

Find file using first 2 digits
How can I search for a file using the first to digits of the filename? -- aking1987 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ aking1987's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15393 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=319299 Manually: Windows start button|Find (or Search) Search for XY*.xls (change XY to what you want) You can also use this technique in the File|open dialog. aking1987 wrote: > > How can I search for a file using the first to digits of the filename? > >...

Unable to delete files...
Unable to delete files. errior msg says: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook" Restarting doesn't do a bit of good... ...

Outlook ckecks files for errors
Hi, About 50% of the time Outlook thinks it has been closed improperly and it hasn't been. I know for a fact that I closed it using the "X" in the upper right hand corner. This wouldn't be much of a problem except it takes at least 15 mins for Outlook to check the file and it hogs all the resources, I can't even surf the net or open a program. I'd apprecaite any suggestions in helping Outlook realize it isn't crashing. O/S - Windows XP Pro (SP3) Outlook is part of Office 2003 (SP3) 2.4Ghz; 1GB of Ram Thanks Pamala If the startup scanner is ...

Publisher 2000 will not insert .JPG files
I have just installed Publisher for the first time - from an old copy of Office 2000 that I have had for many years. The first thing I want to do is to insert one of my own JPEG images into a new frame. Every time I try this, I get an error message that Publisher either does not recognise the file-type or cannot find the correct graphics converter. Clearly it does recognise JPEGs as they are specified in the Open window. So it must be missing a JPEG-? converter. I have tried all the [re-]installation options several times, including starting from scratch with the default installation;...

How to move DB files to another drive
Hi, I'm running Exch. 2003 on windows 2003 server and just added a second hard drive and would like to move my log files to that drive. Can someone tell me how to do that. I remember in Exch. 5.5 there was a wizard to do that but I can't find it in Exch. 2003. Thanks for your help. Clayton Right Click the storage group and go to properties. You will find it. On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:16:46 -0600, "Clayton Sutton" <none@none.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I'm running Exch. 2003 on windows 2003 server and just added a second hard >drive and would like t...

new computer: transfer old outlook files into
I have a new computer xphome, after many years of saving...lol so the change is impressive... now the anguish Need to copy all outlook files from W98 office 2K to XPhome and (I hope) Office 2K..the same!! But even if outlook will load, the files need to be transferred... Scared like hell.. any understanding soul that can get me the " infallible how to" txs & best regards Conny Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert la...

Hyperlink .txt file defaults to Notepad. How switch to GVIM?
I've moved to Win 7. The latest version of Excel won't let me switch my hyperlink .txt files to GVIM (from default Notepad). HELP HELP HELP!! :-) How can I do this? ...

Publisher cannot open files from a different version.
Hi Folks, I hope you can help me with this: I changed hard drives and re-installed Publisher 2000. This is the SAME version I was using previously, loaded from the SAME cd-rom. However, when I try to open any of my Publisher documents I get the message: "Publisher cannot open files from a different version." Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I even went to the update section of Microsoft and downloaded all the updates. Still I get the error message. Anything anyone can do to help will be greatly apreciated as I have quite a few files that I would hate to lose. Th...

Can an XML file have an icon?
Is there a way I can put icon data into an XML file so Windows displays the file with its own custom icon rather than the generic XML-file icon? What kinds of files (in Vista and up) can have their own distinctive icons? Thanks! ...

Cannot Open .PST Files
I recently had to install a new hard drive and manually moved the folder in which my .PST files were located from th eold drive to the new one. Now however, when I open Outlook, it tells me that the file no longer exists in its old location, tells me that I need to close Outlook--which is not open--and restart it. However, restarting it has the same outcome. Can I get them back and open Outlook? Duncs Dear Duncs, your Outlook version is? Please try to connect your PST file over the Control Panel/Mail => Doubleclick on "Mail" => Datafiles => Doublick on "Personal...

Opening downloaded IE files in Excel
Hi, I am trying to force a downloaded xls file from Internet Explorer to open in Excel 2003 directly, instead of in a browser window. This seemed to work in Excel 2000, but now does not. Any suggestions? maybe... How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office Documents in the Appropriate Office Program Instead of in Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=162059 Steve H wrote: > > Hi, > > I am trying to force a downloaded xls file from Internet Explorer to open in > Excel 2003 directly, instead of in a browser window. This seemed to work in > Excel 2...

Finding MDB or XLS files that contain macros
As part of our future conversion to XP and office 2003, we will be converting thousands of mdb and XLS files. We want to first identify/test those that contain macros. Is there a simple utility/app out there that can do a directory search of files, and identify which ones have macros? Hi Marvin, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups. We do not have such a tool available yet, however, we will soon have a tool available that will aid in analyzing Access databases for upgrade and conversion to Microsoft� Office Access 2003. The Microsoft Office Access 2...

How to include a .obj file when linking in IDE of visual studio 2005?
For example, I have generated a .obj file named as ``aaa.obj'', and I am editing a source file named as ``bbb.cpp'', then how can I link aaa.obj into the .exe file generated from bbb.cpp? Thanks. What version of VS are you using? In 7.1 add aaa.obj to Project Properties:Linker:Input:Additional Dependencies If it's in a different directory than the project, add the path to aaa.obj to Project Properties:Linker:General:Additional Library Directories Or you can just include the path as part of the file name in the Linker:Input entry and you won't have to add the ent...

Can't open older pub files in pub2003
Am running Publisher 2003 on Windows 2000 machine. Just recently, I lost the ability to open older publisher files (mostly from Pub98). I am not running Norton anything but have been using TrendMicro for anti-virus. Tried turning it off and tried turning off the script virus protection to no avail on either count. Has there been a recent update that might have caused this problem? Or is there something else I need to look at? I think there has been a security update that changed some things. An earlier poster is reporting having problems opening 98 files. I can't open files in my ...

Hi! Can anyone tell me how i can load a bitmap from a file and display it in a Static control or as window background...? On Mar 12, 1:20 am, yashas...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi! > > Can anyone tell me how i can load a bitmap from a file and display > it in > a Static control or as window background...? There are several examples of this around in usual places (codeguru/ codeproject/msdn magazine): http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/10/c/ http://www.codeproject.com/vcpp/gdiplus/GdiPThumbnailsViewer.asp --- Ajay ...

How do I open an "excel spreadsheet file, extention .xls"?
I recieved an e-mail from a friend and it was an "excel spreadsheet file, extention .xls" and when I tried to open it with certain programs on my computer and none of them could open them. I guess the information couldn't transfer or something. Kameron, To open an xls file, you'll need the Excel program, or the free Excel viewer. Microsoft Word can open xls files, but don't save over the same name, or the formulas and other spreadsheet functionality will be trashed. I don't know what they're smoking at the Word shop. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ...

How to write an image to a file in VC++?
Hi all, I figured out how to read an image (albeit tediously) but how does one write an image? I have VS version 6 and I do not appear to have the GDI stuff. I just need to convert a 24 bpp bitmap to a JPEG or similar. Thanks. Look in places like www.codeproject.com and www.codeguru.com for JPEG conversion subroutines. joe On 9 May 2004 14:45:08 -0700, ziliath@myway.com (ziliath) wrote: >Hi all, > >I figured out how to read an image (albeit tediously) >but how does one write an image? I have VS version 6 and >I do not appear to have the GDI stuff. I just need >to c...

In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will on.
In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will only load 65,000, how do I get to the rest of the file? MVP Chip Pearson's website has some code that may help you out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will only load >65,000, how do I get to the rest of the file? >. > > attached a VBS script that I wrote to do that. Was unable to save it, Jim .. Could you paste it in the message itself ? Thanks -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22...

emailing MDB files
I need to be able to receive MS Access MDB files.After reading the Help Section of Outlook it appears that there is an issue with MDB files being a Level 1 security threat and this cannot be changed. Are there any simple workarounds? Thanks in advance. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for ways to get the attachments off. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for an...

servername.log file too big
Hi, Exchange 2003 Enterprise running on Windows 2003 Server. 50 Users. My "servername".log file in the exchsrvr folder is 20GB. today's file is 15Gb and yesterdays is 5Gb. I had a virus issue thats now resolved but I need that 20 Gb of space. Is it okay to delete the contents in that folder, at least the past 2 days? Please advise. Thanks Gavin: Exactly which folder is these files located in? If it is in the \Program Files\Exchsrvr\SERVERNAME.LOG folder, then yes, you can delete these. These files are message tracking log files. I don't think I have eve...

How to Read Message tables from PE Files,...
Hi, this is not a complete MFC or C++ Question but i dont know where else to ask. Well i build a c#.NET application that uses Windows API to load a PE module, in my case a unknow samount of dlls and exe files. some of these files contain Message Tables and i want to read out all the messages and their message codes. My Steps so far: LoadLibrary->FindResource->LoadResource->LockResource. Now i get a complete Message Table but it ist just a bunch of memory and i dont know its structure to "mask" the contents out. Is there a known Structure or API i can use to get a e.g (...

How do I reduce a MS Publisher file size?
I have Publisher files that are graphics heavy. I have deleted half of the graphics but the file remains large. Some of the graphics were cut and pasted in from another program. Is there any way to purge unused entities from the files? What version Publisher are you using? Have you tried compressing the images? Run the Design Checker, see if there are problems with some of the images. Is the publication one you have used over and over? If you are using 2003 or earlier, look at Insert, Design Gallery, have you added any images? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "corporategift...

Formula for getting values in File-Properties-Custom
Is there a formula for retrieving values stored in the variables in File-Properties-Custom? Thx ...