Register OCX more than one time

Hi

I'm using VC 7.

Can someone tell me what is the simplest way to register my OCX two
times on the same computer (the two OCX's are not binary compatible,
but should have the same name). The problem is that sometimes it
happens that my OCX will installed from different providers on the
same computer and the OCX from the providers are not always binary
compatible.

Werner
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Werner" <activeengine@web.de> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I'm using VC 7.
>
> Can someone tell me what is the simplest way to register my OCX two
> times on the same computer (the two OCX's are not binary compatible,
> but should have the same name). The problem is that sometimes it
> happens that my OCX will installed from different providers on the
> same computer and the OCX from the providers are not always binary
> compatible.
>
> Werner

Werner,

    Load the DLL with LoadLibrary and then use GetProcAddress to find the
address of the "DllRegisterServer" function.  Then call that function twice.
Don't forget to unload the DLL with FreeLibrary.

0
trevor8021 (184)
11/7/2003 6:26:20 PM
"Trevor" <trevor@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<O8gY0zVpDHA.3688@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> "Werner" <activeengine@web.de> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm using VC 7.
> >
> > Can someone tell me what is the simplest way to register my OCX two
> > times on the same computer (the two OCX's are not binary compatible,
> > but should have the same name). The problem is that sometimes it
> > happens that my OCX will installed from different providers on the
> > same computer and the OCX from the providers are not always binary
> > compatible.
> >
> > Werner
>
> Werner,
>
>     Load the DLL with LoadLibrary and then use GetProcAddress to find the
> address of the "DllRegisterServer" function.  Then call that function twice.
> Don't forget to unload the DLL with FreeLibrary.

Thanks Trevor for your fast answer ...

The OCX are not binary compatible (different function parameters) but
at the moment they have the same CLSID's and PROGID's. Sometimes the
OCX will be used from a VisualBasic Programm. Is it possible that i
have to change for every new version of my OCX the CLSID and PROGID in
the ODL-File.

Werner
> The OCX are not binary compatible (different function parameters) but
> at the moment they have the same CLSID's and PROGID's. Sometimes the
> OCX will be used from a VisualBasic Programm. Is it possible that i
> have to change for every new version of my OCX the CLSID and PROGID in
> the ODL-File.

I may not get what you're asking, but once an interface has been published,
my understanding is that it cannot be changed. To extend it, you need to
create a new interface with a new CLSID.
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)
11/10/2003 4:31:40 PM
So, you have an interface "InterfaceA" which is published and used by other
programs.  Now you need to extend/alter InterfaceA ("InterfaceB").  COM has
a version mechanism for this but I do not know anything about implementing
it. You can design InterfaceB to implement the same/some of the methods of
InterfaceA but without breaking binary compatibility with Interface A by
using the COM versioning.  Basically InterfaceB will have a progID like :
"MyName.InterfaceA.2" and InterfaceA will have a progID like
"MyName.InterfaceA.1".  You need to search Google or MSDN for info on COM
object versioning.  Microsoft Office & DirectX are both examples of COM
objects that implement many different versions of the same interface.

"Werner" <activeengine@web.de> wrote in message
> "Trevor" <trevor@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > "Werner" <activeengine@web.de> wrote in message
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I'm using VC 7.
> > >
> > > Can someone tell me what is the simplest way to register my OCX two
> > > times on the same computer (the two OCX's are not binary compatible,
> > > but should have the same name). The problem is that sometimes it
> > > happens that my OCX will installed from different providers on the
> > > same computer and the OCX from the providers are not always binary
> > > compatible.
> > >
> > > Werner
> >
> > Werner,
> >
> >     Load the DLL with LoadLibrary and then use GetProcAddress to find
the
> > address of the "DllRegisterServer" function.  Then call that function
twice.
> > Don't forget to unload the DLL with FreeLibrary.
>

> Thanks Trevor for your fast answer ...
>
> The OCX are not binary compatible (different function parameters) but
> at the moment they have the same CLSID's and PROGID's. Sometimes the
> OCX will be used from a VisualBasic Programm. Is it possible that i
> have to change for every new version of my OCX the CLSID and PROGID in
> the ODL-File.
>
> Werner

0
trevor8021 (184)

Is there a way to delete multiple queries at the same time?
I have a database that has 2008 and 2009 records. I want to delete the 2008 queries. Is there a way to delete multiple queries at the same time? It takes so long to delete them 1 by 1. Also, at the end of each year I have to copy the database and change the name to the new year, now is 2010. Then I have to go into that database and reconfigure all the queries to use 2010 instead of 2009, for example. After I reconfigure the new years queries, having them look towards the 2010 database instead of 2009, I have to delete the old year's records, tables and queries. Is th...

one deployment on 2 different servers
Hi everybody, I want to know if it's possible to set up one implementation of ms crm on 2 different machines (2 different servers) Thank you If you mean two CRM (web) servers accessing a single SQL Server 2000 database, then yes "netto" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08ae01c490d1$74267ae0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi everybody, > I want to know if it's possible to set up one > implementation of ms crm on 2 different machines (2 > different servers) > Thank you ...

Schedule meeting-same day with block time (e.g. 9-10am & 2-4 p.m)
I would like to schedule a meeting that occurs for a few hours in the morning (9-10 a.m) and will continue at a later time in the day (2-4 p.m.). I do not want to schedule two seperate meetings but one with an itinerary. I do not want to have the entire day show as unavailable for the unscheduled time (10-2). Any way to accomplish this? "klazuiere" <klazuiere@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5F9578E-E579-4090-88D8-1180CBCC2062@microsoft.com... >I would like to schedule a meeting that occurs for a few hours in the morning > (9-10 a.m) ...

Upon opening, I'm told to register, then it tells me I'm alrady registered
I installed Outlook 2002 on one computer in order to sync my new Pocket PC and registered. I then installed the program on another PC on my network and when I'm told to register and I do, I'm told I'm already registered. This window comes up every time I open Outlook. How do I fix this Thanks Robert Fox Does your particular Outlook 2002 or Office XP license allow you to install the software on more than one desktop PC at a time? I suspect that's the problem here. Check your EULA and see if you're exceeding your licensing terms. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** M...

winsock: fail to register to receive broad cast messages
hi, I am new to winsock programming.I am trying to create a socket to receive broadcast messages. But when i try to set the socket options as follows: setsockopt( s, IPPROTO_IP, IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP, (const char*)&mreq, sizeof(struct ip_mreq) ) it returns error 10049 which signifies invalid address, but i am using the INADDR_ANY macro to specify the address.Does anyone have some idea what possibly could be the error. Thanks sk ...

how to sort outlook messages by time then date
Cant find a way within outlook to sort messages by time of day 1st then by date. Is there a custom query or VBA script for this. pmr wrote: > Cant find a way within outlook to sort messages by time of day 1st then by > date. Is there a custom query or VBA script for this. That doesn't make sense. If you first sort by time of day then there would be no point in sorting by date. What you ask for would group all e-mails that came in at, say, 1:00PM but across multiple days. You would see your 1PM e-mails together for a month ago, last week, yesterday, and today, then ...

Text to Columns issue with Date & Time
I exported a report from our problem tracking system into Excel, and th date and time show up in one cell together with a space between. Ex 10/25/04 14:56. When I try to split them into two columns using the 'Text to Columns feature, (space delimited) it changes it to three columns that loo like this: A) 10/25/04 0:00 B) 1/0/00 2:56 C) PM I don't want the 0:00 in column A, or the 1/0/00 in column B, and m preference is that it would leave the time in a 24 hour format although that's not critical. Ideal would be A) 10/25/04 B 14:56. I tried formatting the column...

No one in my family can figure out how to SEND a message via offic
no one in my family can figure out how to send a message from office online. we have outlook express- but when the gray screen comes up, we don't see how to SEND. betsy <betsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > no one in my family can figure out how to send a message from office > online. we have outlook express- but when the gray screen comes up, > we don't see how to SEND. What "gray" screen do you mean? What's the window's title? What version of Outlook? Have ytou created your mail account? -- Brian Tillman ...

Register Printing
I have been unsuccessful in being able to print all the transaction detail. Specifically, I need to have the memo line included on the printout as it provides detail I need to have in the hardcopy file. Can anyone help? In microsoft.public.money, Rich Gasper wrote: >I have been unsuccessful in being able to print all the >transaction detail. Specifically, I need to have the >memo line included on the printout as it provides detail >I need to have in the hardcopy file. > >Can anyone help? I suggest you customize a transaction report. Reports->ReportsGallery Whe...

Running more then one Functions at once, HOW?
I have a VB project that open up a NYSE table (ADO) of all the symbols, feeds them into a web services where I take the xml response and writes the quotes and volumes to server. The problem is that I have to wait for all the NYSE symbols to run to the last record before it moves to the next table exchange and get those quotes and writes the trading values. I guess my question is how can I open up several datasets to get the trading symbols I need and run them all at the same time instead of having to wait for one table to move to EOF? Am I looking for something like backgroundworker, h...

how do i convert a number into minutes for a time of completion c.
I do not know where to get a formula to convert a number into minutes and have it take a given time and add to it to give me a completion time for a specific task Set up the following A1 = Start time (say 10:00) A2 = Task Duration (I am presuming you want to enter 20 instead of 00:20) A3 = formula =A1+((A2/24)/60) Answer = 10:20 when formatted as hh:mm -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "dhelmers" <dhelmers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC26157F-A47C-4020-99BB-00DE186C4156@microsoft.c...

XML 2004 just 3 weeks away --reveiw program updates -- reserve room -- register today
XML 2004 Conference & Exposition –“From Syntax to Solutions” November 15-19, 2004 – Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, Washington, D.C. http://www.xmlconference.org XML 2004 is just 3 weeks away. The largest continuously running, independently organized XML conference, XML 2004 is produced by IDEAlliance http://www.idealliance.org and partnered by other industry and standards –making organizations, such as OASIS, W3C, WS-I, NISO, DISA, and LISA. XML 2004 taking place November 15-19 at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, D.C. offers over 140 presentations, 30+ exhibitors, to...

Outlook Mail Messages Aren't Showing Images
When Outlook has been recently started, it shows images in email messages in accord with my "trust" and "safe senders" settings and lists. However, after a short period of use, it begins to cease showing images (even when re-opening messages that displayed properly, previously). Often, I can't see messages at all (yes, even those that have had the sender and/or URL listing added to my safe senders list). In order to see the messages, I often have to choose "Reply" or "Forward" (and even then I may not be able to see the images). Any ideas?...

Moving Profiles from one computer to another
I am running Windows XP Media Edition. I frequently need to use Outlook on one computer, and then need to use it on another computer. I have two questions: 1. Can I copy my Profile settings (Contacts, Calender etc....), put them on a CDRW and bring them to the other computer which is also running the same version of Outlook? 2. If so...where do I find the file or folder with all the settings? Thanks in advance! Chaz You can move the actual mail etc - it';s stored in a *.pst at C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. However, account ...

One part of my border won't print
I am trying to print some invitations and the right side of my border will not print. It is on my print preview screen, but will not print. It is the same distance from the edge of the page as the other three borders. I have even tried just moving it WAY to far inside, and it still won't print. I have tried everything with no success. Please someone help. Is it the entire right side or just a portion? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Rob Drummond" <RobDrummond@discussions.microsoft.c...

Stop excel from copying data from one sheet to another
I have a workbook (actually 75 workbooks) and it has ten worksheets. In each sheet I have a subtotal at the end of each row (34 in all) and at the bottom of each column (25 in all) I have copied this formula onto each sheet. The problem I am having is that in the blank cells (of any worksheet), I enter a number and it is being transposed onto the other nine worksheets. I have no formulas in any of the cells or the other worksheets telling it to transfer the information. What I need to know is, how do i stop it from copying information from one sheet to the other without having to re...

Send to One Note
Is there anywhere to get an Send to One Note printer driver for a 64 bit machine? Tim Tim wrote: > Is there anywhere to get an Send to One Note printer driver for a 64 > bit machine? 1.) YES! Pls see: David Rasmussen: OneNote Print Driver – A 64 Bit Solution http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2009/04/22/onenote-print-driver-a-64-bit-solution.aspx 2.) Install ON2010 from the Office 2010 Beta. The 64-bit printer is built-in there. Rainald The Office 2010 Beta has 64 bit support for the printer. For OneNote 2007, there is a workaround at http://blog...

Saving form takes a long time
Hi all, In Access2003 I have a frontend of about 2MB (backend is about 1,5 MB and has about 8 tables). The frontend consists of 4 forms, 6 reports, 2 modules, and some queries. The biggest and main form in the frontend seems like a normal form to me. It has a subform in it and in my eyes not too much code. However, when I make a simple change to the form, for instance making a field bigger or add a button with 3 lines of code, and I want to save the form it takes 1 to 2 minutes to save. Although there are no signs of a corrupt database I tried compact and repair. This action is done pr...

Two Computers on the same network using the one email address!
Hi, I have two networked computers sharing one email address. I have outlook 2007 and the other computer has Outlook 2003. Is there a way that both computers can share the one email address with out all mail going to one or other computer?? I'd appreciate any suggestions as mail is getting lost and mixed up. Thanks -- Val Assuming a POP3 account; Configure your account settings to leave a copy on the server. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/160 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.how...

Is there a way to combine Word and Excel documents into one app?
Trying to use one Office app to open/edit word and excel documents from a single pane of glass...somewhat like a workbook using Office 2007 Pro No, while you can embed excel docs into word, its not really practical when editing. You could save them as PDFs... -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST...

(Publisher 2003) How do I get the two pages to print on to one pag
I need 2 pages to print on one page. I did see on a document that someone else made on my computer that the page indicators (at the bottom left; to switch between the two pages) that the folded part of the 2nd page was turned a different way, and I know that's exactly what I need to do, but I'm not sure how to. Help please? Thanks! Vampressjaden In Publisher 2000 (may be the same for other versions) File Page Setup Special fold Horizontal It will ask you if you want 4 pages - yes -- Don Vancouver, USA "Vampressjaden" <Vampressjaden@discussions.micros...

Why does my advance filter only show one record?
Hi - I have set-up an advance filter but it only shows one record rather than all records that meet the filter criteria. The unique box is not checked Perhaps there's a blank row near the top of the table (it may be hidden). If you delete the blank row, the filter may work correctly. Kyri wrote: > Hi - I have set-up an advance filter but it only shows one record rather than > all records that meet the filter criteria. The unique box is not checked -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Conditional Formatting with Time
In one row I have 24 cells, each cell representing 1 hour. I would like a cell to change color, say from white to yellow, during the hour it represents on the clock. I have tried conditional formatting with =HOUR, Now() and =TIME without success. I would greatly appreciate any assistance in solving this problem. Colin It's always useful if you tell us what's in your cells, what CF condition you are trying to use, what result you're getting, and what result you expected. If you have times at 1 hour intervals, what's wrong with, CF/ Formula Is: =HOUR(A...

Time Question filtering out weekends and mondays
Im using the following expression in a query to find the average time elapsed between the time a case started to the time it ended. the problem is cases are not worked on saturday, sunday or monday. For our business we want to use an elapsed time that would not count those three days as time. For example if a case is started friday at 8am and finished the immediate wednesday at 9am that should be 49 hours instead of 121 hours. Actual Start Actual End Elapsed: Avg((DateDiff("n",[Actual Start Date],[Actual End Date])/60)) Thanks for your help. On Dec 13, 3:19 pm, Qaspec <Q...

Need "Payment Date" in register, not entry date
I'm on 2005. In previous versions, I had an option to show the payment date in the register but I can't find it in this version. Is it still available? If so, how do I set it? Thanks, Brad ...