reading and displaying memo fields

I got an ODBC database with a memo field. Now I use a CRecordSet in
VC6 to read the database with CLongBinary for the memo field. After
reading 18 fields he's out of memory.
Is there a way to use CString instead of CLongBinary, cause it's only
text in the memo fields (I already tried, but then I get an error
message that the database could not be read)? Or is there a way to
read all other fields first and only read the memo field when the user
choose a specific item in the database?

Thank you for helping me!
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Address fields left
Hi all, query solution I hope ! I have imported a csv address file into access : Address1 Address2 - Address6 Some fields are blank followed by another blank example : Text Blank Blank Text Text Blank example : Blank Blank Text Blank Text Blank example : Text Blank Blank Blank Text Text How can I shunt all the fields left so as to remove any spaces cheers, Garry Use the Trim option. You havel LTrim, RTrim and Trim. The first removes spaces to the left, the second removes spaces to the right and the last removes spaces left and right. So in your query you could use something like ...

automatic addresses in to:,cc: and bcc: fields, how to edit, delete, etc.
I don't know what it is called, but when you go to enter the names in the To, CC, and BCC in Outlook they automatically pop up. Very nice option. For example, when I go to write Tara Lewis. I write Tara and it finds the rest and pops/fills in the field. Well, this name is in a list somewhere. Where is this list, what is it called? And this list is not the same as "contacts." I'm trying to find out how to delete, edit, change, add in this list. For example. My friend Brian has two entries. One correct and one incorrect, spelled Brain. So when I write B - R it puts u...

Display Library Web Part on Parent
Can someone explain to me the best way of displaying a document library web part on a parent site? In other word, I have a sub-teamsite that has a document library and I'd like to display it as a web part on the parent site. What's the easiest and best approach? -- Thanks, Brad That really depends. Do you have WSS or MOSS? MOSS has a web part called the Content Query Web Part that will let you display a plethora of data from within the site collection, including items from a single library. If you only have WSS you can use Designer to link to the sub-site and th...

Query Text in the Mid of a memo
I am trying to query off a memo field [Description] the text that follows "User Name: " until the first space the "User Name: " is not in the same position nor is the text of the user name a fixed size. I am working with an InStr function but I don't know how to stop at the " " after the name. Thanks so much for any help. AngieSD wrote: >I am trying to query off a memo field [Description] the text that follows >"User Name: " until the first space the "User Name: " is not in the same >position nor is the text of the user n...

DTD ?? and Errors when trying to Retrieve / Read a generated XML f
Hi All Hope someone can help. Using WebRequest.Method = "POST" and ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" I connect to a web application which then is expected to return me an XML file ie It is generated and returned rather than existing as a file in a location. my webrequest reads as... http://webedu/webct/public/serve_webctdb?OPERATION=homearea_xml From the Browser I get this returned <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?> <!DOCTYPE homearea (View Source for full doctype...)> - <homearea base="http:...

Display middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen?
How do I Display the middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen? Please help. We use the Primary Contact field on the main Account screen to search and select a contact. The field then displays the First Name + Last Name of the contact that was selected. Can I make it show First Name + Last Name + Middle Name? How do I do it? I will be very appreciative for any help I receive. Thanks adna; The CRM has one format for displaying contact names. you can set that format in Settings-->Administration-->System Settings. While First Name + Last Name + Middle Name isn&...

Field text range problem

Re-assign account issues - MSFT Employees & MSCRM Partners
Scenario: Sales rep leaves the company - accounts need to be shuffled around - some to new rep and some to other reps - typical account realignment - happens in just about any sales org (for many reasons)nothing unique about this - I reassign accounts and of course any items/objects that are not completed, closed, etc...move with the account to the now owner - as it should - Any cases with a resolved status - stay with the respective case owner - as it should - makes sense, right? - The big problem comes in here and it makes no sense - Orders, Opportunities, Quotes, and Appointment activities ...

Compound Lookup Field Only Showing First Field
Hello, I am using a lookup field for name and the name is broken into two fields - FirstName and LastName. When selecting the name from the drop down, I see both first and last names, but after selecting, I only see the first name. For visual reasons, I would like to see the first and last names in the form. I am using Access 2007, but believe this issue is in previous versions as well. I am open to suggestions and appreciate your help, Chris Hello Chris. "Chris" wrote: > I am using a lookup field for name and the name is broken into two > fields - FirstName and LastNa...

Hooks & sending data to the Pole Display
Hello, I am trying to send my own text during a transaction to the pole display. I have everything in place and outside of RMS I can send stuff to the pole display out the COM port, but when the hook is running during RMS POS I can not my dll to talk out to the pole display. Is there any tricks to this that anyone has found? thanks, Nick ClothingStore wrote: > Hello, > I am trying to send my own text during a transaction to the pole display. > I have everything in place and outside of RMS I can send stuff to the pole > display out the COM port, but when the hook is running...

Changing Outlook 2002 email "From" field without the "on behalf of" text
I occassionally want to send emails from an address different to my standard email account. I'd prefer not to have to change the email account details on these occassions. I have the "From" field in my New Mail template which I populate with a contact showing the email address I want the email from. Unfortunately, when the email arrives it appears as From: [mailto:myEmailAccountAddress] On Behalf Of myDesiredTemporaryFromAddress I've searched my Outlook settings and the MS site but cannot see how to get rid of this undesired annotation i.e. "[mailto:myEmail...

Reading material for someone new to Exchange
Hi, Exchange 2003 has recently been set up on our Small Business Edition 2003 server. I know nothing about it and want some beginner information to find out what it is capable of doing and how to do it. All the books on Amazon seem to be for advanced users so I'd appreciate if someone could recommend some books for beginners. Thanks in advance, George On Wed, 10 May 2006 12:23:28 +0100, "George Taylor" <newsgroups@kellymurray.ie> wrote: >Hi, > >Exchange 2003 has recently been set up on our Small Business Edition 2003 >server. > >I know nothin...

Read from same email account on two separate computers at same tim
I am not too sure if this question belongs to Windows Live Mail. Since I can't do it with POP protocol, I have Windows Live Mail set up to access the same GMail account with IMAP protocol on two separate computers for convenience sake. Every time I start the Windows Live Mail on the second computer after another one already starts on one computer, there seems to be error accessing the server. Also the Windows Live Mail on one system seems to keep downloading mails while the other one doesn't. How can I selectively download mails, that is download only when I read ...

Incorrect display
Hi, When I start my program (Access 2007), I use a form with a background picture and nothing else, while the program makes some work (50 seconds) with the data. This work is invisible to the user. The problem is the form don't display correctly. I found a temporary solution that I don't like. I force a message to be written to the form with MsgBox. Then the form and the background picture are ok. Is it another way to achieve that without using MsgBox (because the user must clic on it to close it) ? I use these two lines of code followed by some invisible work to the data. DoC...

Change Display Order in Charts
I have an X-Y chart with a cloud of points and a line. When the chart plots, the line is always hidden behind the cloud of points. Can I bring the line to the top so it becomes visible? I tried making the line first and last, but it always ends up behind the cloud. Thank you. Lines for a given chart group (group of data series) are plotted behind points of that same chart group in an XY chart. However, you can change the chart group by changing the axis on which the chart group is plotted. Make the plot with one series formatted as markers only and another as lines only, double cli...

Set One Field based On Another Field
I think I have a pretty simple request. I am looking for some script to put on an on exit field. Here is what I need it to do: When a value is put in say $550, if this is greater than a specified limit in the code I need it to set Field2 to Yes. So if field1 > 500 set field2 = yes Real world example: I have a dollar amount of credit to give to a customer, I want to auto populate the approval required field with a yes. Your help is appreciated. Brent, Try: IIf([Field1]>500,[Field2]="Yes") However if the field is a Bit data type then IIf([Field1]&...

Text Field Validation Rule for Date
Hi, I have a RESPONSE field on my table. This field is set up as a text field (I do not want to change it due to specific requirements)- however, I'd like to set up a validation rule to determine whether or not it is a valid date: mm/dd/yyyy. What should I input in the validation rule? Thanks I do not think it is possible at table level but in your data entry form us AfterUpdate event and IsDate function. -- Build a little, test a little. "shm135" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a RESPONSE field on my table. This field is set up as a text > fiel...

releasing shared folder from read only..
X-No-Archive: yes I've got a simple network, 3 computers + 2 wireless, all XP Pro. Have A folder called *work* set up on one computer which I can see, open and open files inside from any computer on the network. I cannot save back to the folder because it tells me it is 'read only' ..............which it is! I've disabled simple file sharing and set the folder to full control, (it's shared, obviously) and each time I unclick the read only radio button in the properties tab for the folder, click apply, exit and re-enter the folder, the read only radio butt...

There was an error reading the rules from the server.
I received the following error when opening Outlook 2000: 'There was an error reading the rules from the server. The format of the server rules was not recognized'. I have checked there are no rules set in the rules wizard. The server is running Exchange 2000. I tried outlook.exe /cleanrules but no good. I have searched on the Microsoft site and on here, but can't find any reference to this error. Has anyone ever come across it before? How should I take out any server-side rules from Exchange server itself? I haven't done it before. Thanks! There are a couple of tool...

Refreshing Net Display Receipt on Tender
I'm working to have a Net Display Receipt display the Tendered amount and Change. I have it set up properly, but the Net Display Receipt does not refresh when you go through the Tender dialog box, so the "Tendered" and "Change" values are never displayed to the customer. Is there any way to refresh the Net Display Receipt window after you go into the Tender dialog box, as well as refresh after you press the OK button on the Tender dialog box? As a workaround, I have it to refresh every second using the html meta tag, but that results in flicker, not to mention ...

Delete part of text from field
Hi all Here's my challenge: I'm processing a customer info file with your standard demographics - first name, last name, age, address etc. The last name appears in all of the 'last name' fields; no problem. However, in some of the 'first name' fields the last name appears again, like so: F_Name L_Name Title Kris Doft Doft Manager Johan Smith Accountant Maria Katson Katson Director Anne Charles Charles Supervisor Is there a query that can get rid of the duplicate last name in the '...

Prevent data entry if another field contains data
I need code to prevent data entry into Form Field B if Form Field A has data in it? Access version is 97. Thanks Ron Ron, I would put this code in the Forms Current event, so that as soon as you move to a record, it will do this. I would also put it in the AfterUpdate event of the control that is bound to [Field A] on your form. This assumes that [Field B] is a textbox with the name txt_FieldB me.txt_FieldB.Locked = (LEN(me.txt_FieldA & "") > 0) The code on the right of the equal sign will evaluate to be either True or False, depending on whether there is a value ...

There has been an error reading or writing the file '.'
I've the Money Deluxe 2004. When I go to the Reports (Account Transations, Payee, ...) it crash and give me that message. How can I resolve? thanks ...

Setting a calendar field to disabled
Hello I have a date field called "followupby". Once the user selects a date then saves the form, I need the field to be disabled so the user can no longer select another date. I have set the code in the onsave event to: crmForm.all.new_textfield.disabled = true; I have also tried: crmForm.all.new_textfield.readOnly = true; but when I publish and test, the calendar button is still available to user. What have I done wrong? ...

How to update query memo field
I have an old db that I need to import a long notes field from. My new table is existing. I have managed to get the notes from the old db into a comma separated text file with just an SSN and the notes. I can import this into a table that is structured with just an SSN field and a memo field. I'm trying to run an update query to fill in the notes fields of the people already in the new table. When I run the update query it says it's going to update x number of records, but doesn't. I tried changing both the old and new tables to text fields as an experiment and then it works, but o...