Question about win32 exe format.

Is there a method or class/construct in MFC which can give me information
about an Win32 exe file?  I've done *some* reading and have learned *some*
stuff, like determining if a file IS a Win32 exe, but I was wondering about
all the other stuff that you get when you right click on an exe and select
'properties' such as 'Description', 'Copyright', 'Comments' etc.

If nothing in MFC, can someone provide a link/article/resource where I might
learn such info?

Paul

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The values you are referring to have nothing to do with knowing how to read the
executable. You can use the version functions. Take a look in the MSDN for the VERSIONINFO
resource type, then follow the link to "Version Information Functions". From there you
should be able to find enough references in the MSDN to keep you happy.
					joe

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:54:15 -0700, "Pablo" <jnaut_nospam@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Is there a method or class/construct in MFC which can give me information
>about an Win32 exe file?  I've done *some* reading and have learned *some*
>stuff, like determining if a file IS a Win32 exe, but I was wondering about
>all the other stuff that you get when you right click on an exe and select
>'properties' such as 'Description', 'Copyright', 'Comments' etc.
>
>If nothing in MFC, can someone provide a link/article/resource where I might
>learn such info?
>
>Paul

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)

How do I format cells in Excel to make 175/5 read 175?
I want to copy a list of numbers from a web site into a spreadsheet. The numbers all have a / in them, and this copies to the spreadsheet. Example 195/5. I would like to be able to format the cells so that the numbers will read 195 (losing the / and any digits after it. Using another column with a formula that would do this will also work. Thanks. Hi, Select the column and go to Data > Text to columns > Delimited. Select / as the delimiter -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP www.ashishmathur.com "SJR4347" <SJR4347@discussions.mic...

2 questions
Hi, I need help in finding where to post for windows 7. Kindly advise as to which newsgroup I should be addressing. Secondly, I was trying to uninstall a 3rd party program using "Programs and Features" in the Control Panel. It used to be called "Add/Remove Programs" in WinXP. I highlighted the program I wished to uninstall, and clicked "uninstall". That little progress circle that goes around and around drove me crazy and I waited for about 10 minutes for the OS to gather "configuration information" about the program to be uninstalled. ...

Off-Line file question
Outlook 2003 running on XP SP2 I've enabled my pst files to be synchronised Off-line - what I can't fathom out is where I point Outlook on my laptop to, to enable it to use the Off-line pst when not connected to the network. I'm probably missing something very simple here, but can someone enlighten me? Thanks PST-files? OST-files are being used to cache the Exchange mailbox. Could you tell us a little more about your setup like account types being used and where you store all your data files? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Prop...

scanpst.exe error
My outlook.pst file is corrupt. I followed the Knowledge Base instructions, did a chkdsk, renamed the file. When I try running scanpst.exe on the renamed file, I get this error: An unexpected error prevented access to this file. Use ScanDisk to check the disk for errors, and then try using the Inbox Repair Tool again. The problem here is that I'm running Windows XP Professional and ScanDisk is not available. I also cannot copy or move the file. But I can rename it. Any suggestions? Thank you, Tim Sullivan timmu@earthlink.net Version of OL? size of pst? If you cannot copy ...

Format cells #6

Conditional series... Conditional format
I have results from a two-sided 'game' with more than 5,000 record collected in 32 distinct runs of the game. Each record includes an X Y location of an event and reflects the results of a contact betwee the two sides in which one side or the other is the winner and th opposing side is the loser. There is a column that indicates whic side was the winner in each contact (reflected in a single record/row) With a scatter diagram using the X-Y columns as a series, I can see th location of the winner in all contacts. Also, I can easily segregat the results by side with a filter and cho...

Sorry but I have a question again...
I have Pub 2003 & Windows XP. I created the first from the 4 pages in Folded Card and went into Page Set Up - Properties - Finishing - Pages per Sheet and choosen 4. I could not use Help, I did not know how to phrase the question. I thought that I will get all the 4 pages looking same. The result was one tiny 'Page" on the sheet. Any answer out there Thank Vanill "From one small seed of kindness ... friendship grows. If you want all four to look the same, try the postcard option. You will have one page on the screen, but it will print four to the page. Keep in mind your...

newbie question: read form properties from another class
Hi, I am sorry for this n00b question, but I'm stumped. I created a form application (using C#.NET Express). For now, it is a simple, singe form, that contains 1 button and 1 textbox. The button calls a method in another class. My question: how do I read the forms' textbox text from that class? My problem seems to be getting a proper reference to the form in my class. My background is VB6, where this was straightforward. I tried the following: -make the textbox public, -create a public property in the form, that returns the textbox text, -passing the form ob...

Two Questions About Notebook
I plan to use Notebook a lot and have two questions: I added a Note flag and now want to delete the flag. Can't figure out how to do it. Is this possible? Is there a way to quickly add the current date and time to the notebook in different color than the main text (say in Blue)? Thanks for any help! In article <42783340.0407110325.4f49ae4c@posting.google.com>, david@enzel.us (David Enzel) wrote: > I added a Note flag and now want to delete the flag. Can't figure out > how to do it. Is this possible? One way: Click on the Note Flag button in the Note Flags pane o...

$ Formats
Hello again, I'm trying to change the format of a cell so that it reads as "AUD$" rather than just "$". I have tried the custom formats, but can't get it to work. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. "AUD"$#,##0.00 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "James" <james@hamilton.name> wrote in message news:0ed701c53592$b6d99fa0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello again, > > I'm trying to change the format of a cell so that it > reads as "AUD$" rather than just "$". > > I have tried the custom formats, but...

Counting data
Thank you. Now I want to take the sheet that summarizes the individual dates divided into the 3 times groups - and total them by month. How can I do that without having to manually choose each range for each month? [ Original post in: http://tinyurl.com/69bp2 ] Do a similar set-up in a new Sheet3 In Sheet3 ------------- Put in A1: =Sheet2!A1 Copy over the 3 time bands listed in: B1:B2 : 700, 1500 C1:C2 : 1500, 2300 D1:D2 : 2300, 700 (these will act only as col labels here) Put in A3 : 1-Jan-2003 Format as Custom, type: mmm-yy (It'll appear as "Jan-03") Copy A3 d...

Custom Formatting numbers question
I have a spreadsheet with lot of millions numbers floating around. When I make graphs out of it, there's too much zeros. I don't want to divide all the numbers per 1 million. Is there a way to custom format those numbers with a mask that would take care of that problem for me ? i.e. 7 456 890.98$ would be represented with 7,457 M$ tia Double-click the numbers on your chart. Hit the Scale tab. From the Display units drop-down, choose Millions. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Junkyard Engineer" <jevandenbroucke@hotmail.com> wrote in messag...

Changing cell format
I have a worksheet that is populated with data exported from Access. The data in the Access table was serial numbers with an occasional (rare) alpha character. The column was formatted "Text" in Access. When I exported it to Excel, every value in this field (around 3000 entries), has an apostrophe (') inserted at the frontof the cell. Find and Replace does not see the ' How can I remove this so that I can use Fill>Series to populate the gaps in my data (there are many gaps)? Try copying the ' Access character and pasting it into the Replace menu. It could be...

Dynamics CRM 4.0
Hi, I've modified the format in the system settings screen to be "English (United Kingdom)", however all dates are still appearing in US format. Even when you expand the calendar control it displays incorrectly. Numeric values are correct - showing the pound sign and correct decimal point. I've restarted IIS, made sure all SQL logins are British English and the default regional settings of the server are set to British English. Even rebooted the server but this still hasn't corrected the problem. Can anybody tell me how to resolve this please Thanks I was looking ...

Profile question...
One of the small networks I manage had a Win2k DC that crashed. We replaced it with a 2008 SBS & since most of the clients were XP, I was able to join computers to the new domain & copy the profiles from the old location to the new location. That was until I got to the Vista laptop. On this computer, the profile shows as 'Unknown' & the 'copy to' option is grayed out. I am currently copying the contents of the C:\Users\username folder to the C:\Users\user.newdomain folder. Will this be all I need? Is there an easier way? Also, under system properties>u...

Cell Reference question
This is probably a simple question, but I have never seen it before. I have been looking at some spredsheets sent by some co-workers, trying to figure out their structure etc... and I have seen some cell references where the reference starts with an =+'sheetname!e2 The + (plus sign) struck me as odd, I can't recall seeing that before. Is there some significance to it? Thanks Tom Believe it's a "legacy" behaviour for die-hard Lotus converts <g> The "+" is not necessary .. -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot&g...

An Interesting Question: How to Have Mutliple Variable Input
Greetings! I would like to define a user-function that takes a range (or Yes/No values) as input, and returns a 1 if any of the values is yes. I'm something like thinking... FUNCTION YorN (choices) yorn=0 counter=1 to length(choices) yorn=yorn.OR.index(choices(counter)="YES") Next counter End Function I know the syntax is wrong -- can someone help me out? Thanks.../Randy Hi try =--(COUNTIF(A1:A100,"yes")>0) without using VBA at all -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Randy Numbers" <ran@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4Hk1d.3...

database question / feedback needed (GP8
Hello Everybody. We sold one of our companies, and the new owners are moving off Great Plains. They are transferring/rebuilding data in their new software on their own. For historical (GP) data, they have purchased some software to perform queries, and have requested I give them the data. I am planning to send a backup of the SQL Company dbase. They would not have a GP client, and would not be performing transactions - so I believe they really just want to access the various history tables. I prefer not to send the Dynamics dbase if I don't have to (passwords, etc). I guess my ques...

Exponential number format

Change date format in several worksheets
I have about 50 worksheets in a workbook and would like to change the date format in all. Is there a way to change all at once or must it be done worksheet by worksheet? Select first worksheet. Right-click on the tab and "select all sheets" to group them. Select data range in activesheet. CRTL + A(twice in XL 2003) will select all cells. Make your Format changes. What is done to one sheet will be done to all. DO NOT FORGET! to right-click on any tab and "ungroup" before making any other changes unless you want to change all sheets. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat...

Newbish question re. Out of Office Assistant sequence
Hi all, I'm the sort-of administrator in the office (I know enough to get by, but I'm far from an expert). My employer in our very small company wants to start using the Out of Office Assistant to reply to external as well as internal addresses, which I think I've figured out how to do. I'm concerned about spam, though. We have some very good Trend Micro spam blocking software that has blocked 99.9% of all the spam we've gotten in the last six months. I'm not sure how the sequence works, though. Does the Trend Micro spam blocker have a chance to "swat&quo...

Here's a dandy question regarding queues!
Hello everyone, I've setup some workflow for the Task entity, such that when it gets assigned to a user, that user gets an email notifying they have been assigned a new Task. What I would like to do is to include in the subject line the name of the queue of where it came from. Is this possible? How? ...

Copying Conditional Format
Is it possible to copy conditional formatting that is already applied to a given cell to another cell? I know that the format is held and continuous formatting is possible, Thanks, Robin Chapple Hi Robin you can copy and paste formatting (including conditional formatting) using either the format painter (big yellow paintbrush toolbar icon) - click on the cell with the formatting, click on format painter, click on the cell where you want the formatting "painted" (double clicking on the format painter turns it on until you turn it off) or by using copy and then edit / paste specia...

File Conversion Question
backup.pst Outlook 2003 version Can this be converted to be restored into Outlook 2002? What other possible solutions could be employed? Thank you. denise.ciaralli@bell.ca <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > backup.pst Outlook 2003 version > > Can this be converted to be restored into Outlook 2002? Only by using Outlook 2003 to create a 2002-format PST and then copying or exporting the data to the 2002-format PST. -- Brian Tillman Thank you! >-----Original Message----- >denise.ciaralli@bell.ca <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >...

Text formatted email
I am trying to email a long hyperlink path to some one that can only receive text formatted emails. When they receive the email it, the hyperlink gets converted in to 2 lines, top line is a hyperlink (path incomplete) the second line is "text" with the balance of the hyperlink path. I placed < > around the hyperlink and it still splits in to 2 lines. Is there any way to keep the full link path intact? Thanks! jvs Tiny URL to the rescue! :-) http://tinyurl.com/ -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Cr...