Quest: Finding out how many heads a HDD have...

I am trying to convert Floppy CHS <--> LBA address functions to CHS <--> LBA
functions by changing the sectors/track and head/cylinder constants and I
can only get from DeviceIoControl() w/ IOCTL_DISK_GET_DRIVE_GEOMETRY
sectors/track and tracks/cylinder...

So can I calulate head/cylinder from tracks/cylinder or is there somewhere
else to get head/cylinder...

Any help...

0
bj7lewis (91)
4/1/2004 9:34:24 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> I am trying to convert Floppy CHS <--> LBA address functions to CHS <-->
LBA
Oops should read - convert Floppy CHS <--> LBA address functions to HDD CHS
<--> LBA

0
bj7lewis (91)

How do I delete a single page among many connected pages in Publis
I work with documents typically imported from Word. Occasionally I need to delete a single page without changing the formatting on subsequent pages. When I simply use Edit/Delete Page all of the original text from Word is apparently in the overflow area because it is not visible. Text Boxes and pictures that I inserted into the Publisher document after importing the main document from Word do not seem to be affected. ...

How Can I find and replace symbols in excel data ( white square)
I need any input or help Hi try: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm#trimall -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany alawhizkid wrote: > I need any input or help ...

How do I find out if I have Office 2000
How do I find out if I have Office 2000 on my computer? It is a Compaq 1700T. I bought it in August, 2001 Can you open Word or Excel? If yes, then Help|about should give you some indication of the version. But Office (any version) isn't bundled free with any computer (as far as I know). You have to pay for it separately (it isn't part of Windows (any version)). Agnes wrote: > > How do I find out if I have Office 2000 on my computer? It is a Compaq > 1700T. I bought it in August, 2001 -- Dave Peterson Start>Run and type in Excel and press enter, then click he...

I cannot find hatched/transparency option for objects in Ppoint
Can anybody advise how to apply a hatch fill to an object and also adjust the transparency of the fill. I could do it in 2003 version but am struggling with 2007. Thanks Pattern fills were removed in PPT 2007. (They're back in PPT 2010, though.) -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "Brian Mooney" <Brian Mooney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Weird Finding
I have a formula set up to calculate the difference between 2 times. Cell A2 = 10:00 AM Cell B2 = 10:25 AM The formula in Cell A3 is =(B2-A2)*1440. This formula returns the total minutes between the two times into Cell A3 which the value is 25. I have conditional formatting set up to fill in the cell color as red if the value is less than 25. For some reason, the cell is filling in red for the calculation between 10:00 AM and 10:25 AM which is incorrect due to the value being exactly 25. However, if I do a calculation of 11:00 AM to 11:25 AM, the cell with the conditiona...

Advanced Find doesn't work
After having updated my Office 2000 version with service release 1a and service pack 3 the Outlook 2000 advanced find function no longer works. It doesn't deliver any results and pretends to continue searching forever. Anyone any ideas about this problem? Thanks, Steve Same problem here....except it doesnt seem to keep searching. It will only find something within the last day or so. "Steve Kraft" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00a501c3c472$93d71c90$a601280a@phx.gbl... > After having updated my Office 2000 version with service > rele...

Using client PC to find the functnl level of my log-in AD domain
Using Windows XP service pack3 to login to AD domain. Running the GPresult from the command prompt returns the following: RSOP results for TMS\TABATAJ on PD9403355 : Logging Mode --------------------------------------------------------- OS Type: Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Configuration: Member Workstation OS Version: 5.1.2600 Domain Name: ABC Domain Type: Windows 2000 Site Name: DATA-HUB-SITE Roaming Profile: Local Profile: C:\Documents and Settings\tabataj Connected over a slow link?: No -------------------- Can I conclude that the Functional level ...

Need help finding non-duplicates email addresses...
Hi, I have a list of email addresses which I would like to find only the new email addresses within the list. Inside of my Excel worksheet I have a row of e-mail addresses. Some of the names are duplicated which tells me they already exist somewhere in the row. I wish to display only the new names. Can you tell me how this can be done in Excel? Thanks in advance for your assistance, Greg Hi, Select the row. GoTo conditional formatting, Select Formula-Is option in first combo, enter =COUNTIF(1:1,A1)>1 in second box. Select format and select suitable font,colour etc. Click OK. Every repe...

Outlook Search/Find feature
Hello, As per an ongoing Audit policy. We need to look for specific words in some mailboxes. I tried the find? advanced find feature but could not find a way to look for an excat word. For instance: If I need to look for the exact word brooks, I don't need the search results to come up with holbrooks as well as brooks. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Hi lara, maybe this program is a help Lookout V.1.2 on http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/OL_Prog.htm#18 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Dat...

Any short key finding special cell?
Hi, I am new in excel and looking for ways to increase efficiency with it. I have a long spreadsheet, i am interested in some rows where col A is a specific value, says, X, for example Col A Col B Col C row 1 X B C .... row 100 X BB CC .... row 250 X BBB CCC Is there any ways in excel that i could use to go to row 100 directly? I am just wild guessing, is it possible to have a macro to access that row and assign a short key to it. For example, is it possible that, a marco M to find next row where c...

Crosstab Row Heading Issues
Hi, I have Access 2003 and when I do a cross tab I cannot bring in more than 3 field values for row headings - my coworker (who has Access 97) can bring in >3 row headings. Is this a paremter setting in Access 2003? Thanks, Mike I believe that the Wizard can't handle more than 3; however, you can do more with SQL. Try creating a crosstab with the three headings, them modifying it at SQL level to add more. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "mike" wrote: > Hi, > > I have Access 2003 and...

Finding current printer page number
I have hunted for this without success. I want to know - programmatically - what page the active cell is in. More precisely, what page ActiveCell.Top is in. (I take it some sows can split into more than one page.) I want to automate putting manual page breaks into a sheet. I would put breaks at or before those automatically inserted by Excel. Thanks -- Walter Briscoe In message <KBH7nVN7dSuJFwvS@freenetname.co.uk> of Thu, 12 Mar 2009 15:17:15 in microsoft.public.excel.newusers, Walter Briscoe <wbriscoe@nospam.demon.co.uk> writes >I have hunted for this without success. >...

Finding Duplicates and somehow flagging them in another column
HI, I have a friend who needs to find duplicates in an Excel spreadsheet. She then needs the duplicates to me marked some way to show they are a duplicate...like putting a checkmark for that item in a separate column. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Ken See www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm for some examples. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "KenRamoska" <KenRamoska@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF614DA0-F9E9-4F09-AA8A-F8D477FF1460@microsoft.com... > HI, >...

change color in many text box
I have a form which takes information from a query. The information is orizontally aranged in the many text boxes . I would like to know how can i change the background color of the text box on the row by just doubleclicking on that particular row. Give me some suggestions please! Thanks Florin The actual command to change the background color is me.fieldname.backcolor = # ' # for the color you want or vbRed or some such to represent the color. HOWEVER 1) it will not work on a datasheet view. 2) There is no event for row doubleclick 3) if you use form doublec...

emailed with too many attachments. Not completed can't cancel
Tried to send photos on attachments. think I have sent too many! The email has partially been sent and stopped - am unable to open email in sent box to enable me to cancel it and start again. Am a novice so would appreciate any helpful suggestions as to where I go now! Regards Hi foxewe have a look on this site: "How to troubleshoot e-mail messages that are stuck in your Outbox" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262052/en-us To send several files: Create a folder on the desktop. Move the files into this folder and compress this folder with a tool like "Winzip" or "...

How can I find a dialog resource's caption without creating a dialog box?
Greetings! I've got a strange situation. After downloading the latest source code for our project from our repository, one particular dialog box is displayed correctly when the project is built in release mode, but not when it is build in debug mode. An error is thrown from a call to DDX_Control(), complaining that a particular resource ID is not associated with a data control. The ID is where it's supposed to be. After well over a day of fishing, I decided to try to see what dialog resources my application knows about. Actually, the problematic dialog box is being shown as one p...

Can't find msnp 32.dll file
WHEN I LOG ON I GET A DIALOG BOX STATING "UNABLE TO LOAD THE DYNAMIC LINK LIBRARY "MSNP 32.DLL" THE SYSTEM CAN'T FIND THE FILE SPECIFIED. SOME OR ALL OF THE FOWLING FEATURES IS NOT AVAILABLE. MICROSOFT NETWORK ...

Find feature does not work with HTML messages (Content-type: text/html)
I have Outlook 2000 SP-3 running under Windows ME. When using the Find feature to locate all e-mails with a given word in the message, no items are found if the e-mails are of "text/html" content-type. The Find feature appears to work for any messages that have URLs embedded and are "multipart/alternative" or "text/plain" content-type. I noticed a similar post several months ago (see http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=%23qSBYIssDHA.2224%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl). Is there a work-around for this problem, or should this be reported t...

the expression you entered has a function name Microsoft Access can't find
I have a startup function that I run from the AutoExec macro that essentially checks the connection between the front end and back end and reconnects if necessary. This has been working for a really long time. Today, when I opened the database, I got the message: The expression you entered has a function name Microsoft Access can't find. Then I get a dialogue entitled "Action Failed" with the following information Macro Name: AutoExec Action Name: RunCode Arguments: TestStuff(0) It has three buttons, Step, Halt, Contine. Halt is the ony active one. If I run the macro by ...

Upgradeing a published website using ftp. Many questions
I published my website using vs2010. I checked the box that made it upgradeable. As a check I ftp copied default.aspx and default.aspx.vb to the site replacing the published files. Looks like it still works. So I can update the site files using ftp? I noticed there is no App_Code folder. Suppose I need to update something in that folder, can I? How? I also noticed there is a file: PrecompiledApp.config Might I ever want to delete that file? What is it for? Would it make sense to delete all the files and ftp the entire site to the host. Can a site be uplo...

registry
Can I query the registry to find out whether an Outlook client (2000, 2002/XP, 2003) has been set up for offline access? thank you Perhaps - but it might be easier to just search the workstation hard drive for a .OST file. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! <bob_smithley@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1132719260...

Outlook not finding Exchange Server
We have an Exchange Server system with Exchange 2000 running on Windows Server 2000. About 4 or 5 of our Outlook 2002 installations suddenly have stopped finding the Exchange server. The other 300 or so are doing fine. I have repaired Windows XP, reinstalled the Service Pack 1, reinstalled Office XP, Installed Office 2003, wiped out profiles and recreated them - nothing seems to reconnect these installations to the Exchange Server. I did finally get a ubiquidous error message on the machine that I installed Office 2003 on. It says "A system component, RPC, required by Outlook to conne...

Advanced Find
In my Work email Inbox (outlook 2003) I have a number of sub-folders - some of which also have sub-folders, but when using Advanced Find the 'In Folder' location only lists the actual folder containing the email, which in turn may be of no use if it is nested below other folders. Is there anyway of having Advanced Find identifying the whole 'path' location? -- Cheers Abes No, that is not possible. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more ...

Where can I find Megastat Plugin for Excel?
I am looking for a Statistical Plugin for Excel. I uesd Megastat at school in Statistics class. Google is your friend "Bart de Boisblanc" <Bart de Boisblanc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DF8D79B-5AD7-40E2-BE15-953B41C4844D@microsoft.com... > I am looking for a Statistical Plugin for Excel. I uesd Megastat at school > in > Statistics class. ...

Problem with Outlook Express not deleting messages....Posted here because I could not find a group for Outlook Express...TIA
Outlook express can recieve mail. It cannot delete mail from Inbox or trash can. It gives no error messages. Does any one have any fixes or ideas on how to solve this issue ? Thanks !!!!! Ralph Malph Ralph Malph <Ralph@happydays.com> wrote: > Outlook express can recieve mail. It cannot delete mail from Inbox or > trash can. It gives no error messages. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman DUH !!! If I could find one I would, but there does not seem to be one amoung the microsoft.public.outlook********* news groups. Now if you could point me to one..... R...