Quest: Creating sliding windows...

Looking for infomation on creating sliding windows for hiding controls when
not needed...

Anyone know of samples...

Any help...

0
bj7lewis1 (21)
11/1/2003 11:59:47 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I guess you are looking
AnimateWindow() API function...

Andrew Fedoniouk.
http://TerraInformatica.com

"lewi" <bj7lewis@willapabay.com> wrote in message
| Looking for infomation on creating sliding windows for hiding controls
when
| not needed...
|
| Anyone know of samples...
|
| Any help...

0
andrew6656 (27)
11/2/2003 7:59:50 AM
> AnimateWindow() API function...
I'll look in to it but I don't remember if this function could also keep the
paintting the client area for a solid window slide effect...

0
bj7lewis1 (21)
11/2/2003 3:32:30 PM
> I'll look in to it but I don't remember if this function could also keep
the
> paintting the client area for a solid window slide effect...
I look and there is a slide Flag so I will look more into it...

Thanks Andrew...

0
bj7lewis1 (21)
11/2/2003 5:21:19 PM
> I look and there is a slide Flag so I will look more into it...
Moving on I tried(in the a dlg app button handler - for test only)...

//Win32 version...
::AnimateWindow(this->GetSafeHwnd(), 500, AW_SLIDE | AW_HOR_NEGATIVE);
//Fails with -> error C2039: 'AnimateWindow' : is not a member of
'operator``global namespace'''

[and other try...]

//CWnd version obtain throught CDialog inheritance...
AnimateWindow(500, AW_SLIDE | AW_HOR_NEGATIVE);
//Fails with -> error C2065: 'AnimateWindow' : undeclared identifier...

Any more help...

0
bj7lewis1 (21)
11/2/2003 6:09:18 PM
> > I look and there is a slide Flag so I will look more into it...
> Moving on I tried(in the a dlg app button handler - for test only)...
>
> //Win32 version...
> ::AnimateWindow(this->GetSafeHwnd(), 500, AW_SLIDE | AW_HOR_NEGATIVE);
> //Fails with -> error C2039: 'AnimateWindow' : is not a member of
> 'operator``global namespace'''
>
> [and other try...]
>
> //CWnd version obtain throught CDialog inheritance...
> AnimateWindow(500, AW_SLIDE | AW_HOR_NEGATIVE);
> //Fails with -> error C2065: 'AnimateWindow' : undeclared identifier...
>
> Any more help...

AnimateWindow rerquires that WINVER be #defined to at least 0x0500.
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)
11/2/2003 6:31:09 PM
> AnimateWindow rerquires that WINVER be #defined to at least 0x0500.
Thanks...It worked but also had to add AW_HIDE cause it was doing anything
at runtime...

Also I was wanting to add some where in the window(I trying to slide) have a
mouseover handler to do and AnimateWindow(... AW_SHOW ...); to restore but
you can set the sizes...

Any alt way to resize(slide) it only some of the way if not I will add a
strip(window) along side the sliding window that will handle the mouseover
like VS.NET does with the Toolbox slide box...

Any more help...

0
bj7lewis1 (21)
11/2/2003 8:12:10 PM
> Any alt way to resize(slide) it only some of the way if not I will add a
> strip(window) along side the sliding window that will handle the mouseover
> like VS.NET does with the Toolbox slide box...
Also is there a .NET Framework class that has a AnimateWindow() like
function for a C# Windows App...

Any more help...

0
bj7lewis1 (21)

cannot create profiles in win 7 mail 32 bit
I upgraded to WIndows 7 professional 64 bit and still cannot get my MS Office 2003 to work properly. All the programs except Outlook seems to work fine. I am totally unable to open outlook without mail profiles. I click on mail in control panel and I get low memoery or resources too low. That's impossible. I have 4GB RAM and 1GB VRAM. In addition, I noticed to night that while I created a profile for myself as Admin, I do ot have admin permissions EVEN IF I say 'run as admin" If I open my profile, it syas Admin under my name yet shows up as standard user. I...

How to Hide Left Panel of Folder Window?
I'm well behind the Windows curve and I'm just now learning to use Windows XP Home. Up to now I've been using Windows 2000 Pro. On my XP desktop I have a shortcut to my music folder which containins my MP3 files. When I double click on the shortcut, a window opens on the desktop displaying the contents of my music folder. This window has a panel along the left side containing items like "File and Folder Tasks" and "Other Places." I can't figure out how to close, hide or otherwise delete this panel. This panel takes up a lot of prec...

Creating a table
There's probably an easier way to do it but... I have a series of numbers in column A (150 in all) and a series of letters in column B (22 in all). In total there are 4800 rows. What I am trying to do is create a table with the number down the left hand side and the letters across the top. In each cell within the table I need to count how many times the combination of number/letter appears. Eg: A B C 201 0 2 2 202 3 0 1 203 3 6 4 I tried combining the number/letter into a single text field using the CONCATENATE function then filtering ...

Creating a letter from template
Is it possible in CRM? So far the only way i figured out to use templated is in an email and /KB-article. (And order offcourse) The thing i'm looking for is when selecting a contact, somehow i can make a letter activity and call a template that puts name & adress data etc. After that i should be able to print the letter, to put it in an enveloppe and send it someplace... So far it seems to me this cannot be done, but then again, i'm certainly not a CRM expert... Is it possible? If so, can anyone provide me the actions to be taken step by step ? thanks Kas "_Kas_&...

Somehow I created a Macro in a worksheet.
I created a macro in an Excel worksheet somehow. I didn't try to, it just happened. Now everytime I open that workbook, it asks me if I want to run the macro, disable it, etc. How the hell do I get rid of the macro? It doesn't show up under tools, macros. And it apparently doesn't do anything either because I can disable it and nothing different happens. Who invented this system anyway? Thanks, V When you record a macro, a module is created to store the macro code. There are instructions here for removing the module that is causing the prompt to appear: http://www.c...

Outlook and Windows Integrated Authentication
Hello All, Does anyone know if Outlook (not OWA) can use Windows Integrated Authentication (like IE) to automatically log onto Intranet Web sites to retrieve graphics in HTML messages? Right now we get a logon dialog and have to manually log in. Thanks. if you paste the url into a browser, does it work as desired? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outloo...

we do not create seperate http virtual server anymore?
Hi all, Just want to confirm that we do not need to create the seperate http virtual server for FE/BE (backend two node A/P Exchange 2003 cluster), right? I remember I need to create it in Exchange 2000 FE/BE clustering envir. Thanks in advance. On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 11:44:26 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Just want to confirm that we do not need to create the seperate http virtual >server for FE/BE (backend two node A/P Exchange 2003 cluster), right? I >remember I need to create it in Exchange 2000 FE/BE clustering envir. > >...

Error creating new task
Error .. "Could not complete operation. One or more parameter values are not vaild" ...

Windows media player
Why does windows media player keep popping up? David wrote: > Why does windows media player keep popping up? OK, I give up. Why does Windows Media Player keep popping up ? How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 Windows Media Player General Discussion http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player&cat=en_US_44d7101f-71dd-4f9a-b6b9-45215557dd35&lang=en&cr=US MowGreen ================ *-343-* FDNY Never Forgotten ================ banthecheck.com "Security update...

create main configuration file for solution.
Hello. How can I create main configuration file for my solution (Win-Form : VS 2008. VB.NET), like a general ini-file. Thanks :) "Mr. X." wrote: > Hello. > How can I create main configuration file for my solution (Win-Form : VS > 2008. VB.NET), like a general ini-file. > It's called an app.config. There is a name space you can use to mainulupate the app.config from a program. I see it on the project source directory (not for solution). I cannot see it on the release directory. Is there any convention to read / write from app.config...

Creating Contacts For Accounts Using...

WdfUsbTargetDeviceCreate creates NULL Control Pipe Handle
Hi, We have a usb composite device which has one mass storage interface and another as a network interface. We are developing a WDF driver (NDIS-USB) for the network interface. Immediately after WdfUsbTargetDeviceCreate if I break into the debugger and examine the newly created device, then I see that the Control Pipe Handle is NULL! Here is the actual output: -------- kd> !WDFUSBDEVICE 0x0000057f`fe5905f8 WDFUSBDEVICE 0000057ffe5905f8 ============================= Config descriptor fffffa80037216b0, device descriptor fffffa8001a6fb58 Control USBD_PIPE_HANDLE 000000000000...

Scroll horizontaly with mouse, create same system used to scroll .
Hi, I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down but to scroll from left to right or vice-versa, you have to use the scroll bar or arrows and it's annoying... So, am I a millionnaire yet??? Hi Frederic, > I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for > horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work > with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down b...

Create individual files from a row

Windows XP SP2
Has anyone else noticed that after installed Windows XP SP2, emails in Outlook sit in the Outbox for several "noticable" seconds before sending. Sam <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Has anyone else noticed that after installed Windows XP > SP2, emails in Outlook sit in the Outbox for > several "noticable" seconds before sending. I believe I saw this documented on the Microsoft web site. -- Brian Tillman ...

Task Manager window only CPU
Vista Ultimate SP2 When I launch Windows Task Manager, only a CPU meter opens. When I right click icon in task bar, I only get Close & Always on top options. How do I restore task manager? Happy New Year -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net Double click on the white frame of the task manager window. That should do it. -- whs THX - it worked Happy New Year -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net "whs" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:89eee91dbeee8173c55e0008be25b622@nntp-gateway....

Office 2007 on Windows 7
I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7. I also purchased Office 2007 but I notice that Windows 7 is not shown on the Office package. Can I install Office 2007 without any propblems? Answered your first posting. apensa wrote: > I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7. I also purchased Office 2007 > but I notice that Windows 7 is not shown on the Office package. Can I > install Office 2007 without any propblems? ...

Publisher created webpage
I have created a web page in publisher, and am having a problem uploading it to a hosting site(angelfire). Any tips??? Thanks In the future utilize the webdesign forum at microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign You don't specify your version nor state what the problem is. I'd have to recommend you start by going over my tutorial at www.davidbartosik.com/ppt.htm on uploading to identify if you are following the correct procedures. If afterwards you are having a specific difficulty post as such in the web forum for follow-up. -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbar...