Q: Vc6.0 doesn't re-compile source automatically

With Vc6.0,  if source or resource is modified, it doesn't re-compile
the changed file. the output exe file is older version. Only after
switching between debug and release, the modified result is showed in
the exe file.
I have tried several other project and reinstall vc, the problem above
occurs only in this project. I guess this project setting is error.

may anyone offer suggestion on this?

Best Regards,
lomas
0
lomas.lf (2)
2/5/2008 2:32:24 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I would begin with recompiling all. It should clean  all files from
Debug/Release folders. It should work automatically the way you want it.

---
Ajay

"lomas" <lomas.lf@gmail.com> wrote in message
> With Vc6.0,  if source or resource is modified, it doesn't re-compile
> the changed file. the output exe file is older version. Only after
> switching between debug and release, the modified result is showed in
> the exe file.
> I have tried several other project and reinstall vc, the problem above
> occurs only in this project. I guess this project setting is error.
>
> may anyone offer suggestion on this?
>
> Best Regards,
> lomas

0
ajaykalra (6842)
2/5/2008 2:40:25 AM
On Feb 5, 10:40 am, "Ajay Kalra" <ajayka...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I would begin with recompiling all. It should clean  all files from
> Debug/Release folders. It should work automatically the way you want it.
>
> ---
> Ajay
>
> "lomas" <lomas...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > With Vc6.0,  if source or resource is modified, it doesn't re-compile
> > the changed file. the output exe file is older version. Only after
> > switching between debug and release, the modified result is showed in
> > the exe file.
> > I have tried several other project and reinstall vc, the problem above
> > occurs only in this project. I guess this project setting is error.
>
> > may anyone offer suggestion on this?
>
> > Best Regards,
> > lomas

thanks for your reply!
to clear all inter-files is no helpful for this problem although it
does work  in other project.
I suspect this project setting is incorrect but I am not  familiar
with these setting options.
Because this project is important, I have to find the reason for this
problem.
0
lomas.lf (2)
2/5/2008 3:51:50 AM
I'd also try deleting the Debug and Release folders and perhaps the .ncb and
..res files.  Perhaps a date got off somewhere.

Tom

"lomas" <lomas.lf@gmail.com> wrote in message
> With Vc6.0,  if source or resource is modified, it doesn't re-compile
> the changed file. the output exe file is older version. Only after
> switching between debug and release, the modified result is showed in
> the exe file.
> I have tried several other project and reinstall vc, the problem above
> occurs only in this project. I guess this project setting is error.
>
> may anyone offer suggestion on this?
>
> Best Regards,
> lomas

0
tom.nospam (3240)
2/5/2008 4:08:27 AM
On Feb 4, 10:51 pm, lomas <lomas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 5, 10:40 am, "Ajay Kalra" <ajayka...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > I would begin with recompiling all. It should clean  all files from
> > Debug/Release folders. It should work automatically the way you want it.
>
> > ---
> > Ajay
>
> > "lomas" <lomas...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > With Vc6.0,  if source or resource is modified, it doesn't re-compile
> > > the changed file. the output exe file is older version. Only after
> > > switching between debug and release, the modified result is showed in
> > > the exe file.
> > > I have tried several other project and reinstall vc, the problem above
> > > occurs only in this project. I guess this project setting is error.
>
> > > may anyone offer suggestion on this?
>
> > > Best Regards,
> > > lomas
>
> thanks for your reply!
> to clear all inter-files is no helpful for this problem although it
> does work  in other project.
> I suspect this project setting is incorrect but I am not  familiar
> with these setting options.
> Because this project is important, I have to find the reason for this
> problem.

AFAIK, there is no setting which will do this. I would have expected
clearing folders would have done it. Also try clearing *.ncb, *.opt,
*.plg files from the project folder to see if that helps.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
2/5/2008 3:28:50 PM
(a) reinstalling a compiler to solve this kind of problem is a silly thing to do.
(b) you have not defined what kind of modification you did, or to what kind of file

Note that there IS a bug in that adding or deleting virtual methods from a class will
cause a failure, and often skips a rebuild.  Therefore, if this is the nature of your
change, a "Rebuild All" is required.  There is no need to switch between debug and release
or anything else pointless like this.  Just "Rebuild all".

You have not said if your project is on a file server and you are client of that server.
Time skews between client and server can manifest this failure.

What file are you modifying, what change are you making, what kind of environment are you
working in?
				joe
On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 18:32:24 -0800 (PST), lomas <lomas.lf@gmail.com> wrote:

>With Vc6.0,  if source or resource is modified, it doesn't re-compile
>the changed file. the output exe file is older version. Only after
>switching between debug and release, the modified result is showed in
>the exe file.
>I have tried several other project and reinstall vc, the problem above
>occurs only in this project. I guess this project setting is error.
>
>may anyone offer suggestion on this?
>
>Best Regards,
>lomas
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)

upgrade to service pack 3 9.0
I am trying to install the service pack 3 for 9.0 I am getting an error saying "field service unable to extended version information for product 949" when we installed 9.0 we had to get help from the help desk and field service was an issued at that time, so it was removed. Now I am getting an error message because I believe it is looking for the field service module that we do not have. Does any one know of a work around so that I can install the end of the year stuff. Thanks -- Carol ...

Cascading style sheets in CRM 3.0's email creator
When I cut/paste from design view in an html editor like Frontpage 2003 into CRM 3.0's email interface CRM picks up the text, pictures just fine, BUT it doesn't pick up the CSS....instead it just applies the default CRM 3.0 email font type/size. Is this just a limitation of CRM 3.0 since it does not actually have an integrated raw html editor? ...

delete columns if 0
i am using the following code to delete the complete row: Range("B:B").Select Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="0" On Error GoTo line1 With Sheet1.Range("b:b") Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Delete End With line1: what i need is to delete only columns a:g (not the entire row) if the value in column b = 0. any help is appreciated. jat Try some code like the following. Change the line Set WS = Worksheets("Sheet1") '<<< Change to appropriate sheet to the app...

how do you start up the bulk email processor in 3.0
how do you start up the bulk email processor in 3.0. Would appreciate any help you could give CRM Server >> Administrative Tools >> Services >> Microsoft CRM Bulk E-mail Service >> Enable this service [by default it is disabled] Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. www.workopia.com "Brand" wrote: > how do you start up the bulk email processor in 3.0. Would appreciate any > help you could give Frank Thanks for your help. There is no enable setting should the setting be automatic or manual. Does the server need to be restarted or does the service start ...

How to Install GP 6.0 on new Server
I need to install GP 6.0 on a Win2003 Server with SQL 2000. I am currently using SQL 7.0 on NT4 . I have moved the databases using KB 314546 & KB 246133. The moves worked and the first GP logon to the server works, but when I attempt to logon to the Company, I get an error "Your login has been removed from the user activity file and you cannot be in the accounting system". I checked the Dynamics ACTIVITY table, and it is empty, so I am not hung up there. Did I err in believing that I could just copy the databases etc. and get GP to work? Do I need to follow a diffe...

Spell check unavailable in Putlook Express 6.0
The Spell Check option is greyed out Outlook Express. The OS is XP and machine Dell Inspiron laptop. Does anyone have an idea how to get this installed? I understand the same spell checker also works in MS Office (Word). When I go into Tools and Options Spelling isn't among the options. Any ideas? vlakslee <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The Spell Check option is greyed out Outlook Express. The > OS is XP and machine Dell Inspiron laptop. Does anyone > have an idea how to get this installed? I understand the > same spell checker also works in M...

Is there a way to automatically send follow up email messages?
I want to que messages to be sent at a pre-determined time. Is there a way to set up an autoresponder in Outlook? Set the "do not deliver before" option via the Options button when composing a new message. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Nicky" <Nicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AC7385B-678E-4BE8-BD45-448E648F6F32@microsoft...

DST Import into CRM- Test batch count equals 0
We are trying to import out ACT! data into MSCRM using the cdf databases, and have been going along without problems until we get to the test integration- the p_cdf_SetTestBatchCount appears to work fine, but when we go to the cdf_EntityMigrationInfo, the TestBatchCount still reads <null> not the value we set. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. ...

Automatically having all incoming emails as CRM activity is not wo
I have just installed EMAIL Router on exchange, while it was working earlier, now it is not working. My incoming emails into the CRM box, is not getting converted into an activity automatically. Can someone pls. help. Sumit Hello, Could you please give some more details ? Incoming emails appears in MS CRM, but the corresponding activities don't appear ? Is that your problem ? Have you watch in the 'Closed Activity' view ? -- Michael MARTIN BrainSoft (France) "Sumit" wrote: > I have just installed EMAIL Router on exchange, while it was working earlier, >...

Can't re-send a message that was previously sent
As a new user of Outlook Express, I wanted to send a duplicate copy of a message that was already in my Sent Items folder. But I can't find any way to do that. I know it can be done in Eudora, so I'm sure it's possible in Outlook Express, but can't find the command. What happens if you just copy the message from Sent Items to the Outbox? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE...

CRM 3.0 and antivirus ?
We have an install where CRM 3.0 and Mcaffee Enterprise 8.0 antivirus is installed. When antivirus is disabled CRM performs noticably faster. We tried to disable javascript scanning and scanning of CRM folders but that doesn't seem to help. Has anyone experienced anything like this and eventually got a solution/workaround ? Jack ...

"Session has expired... " & automatic cinfiguration script
I run IE8 on WinXP Prof I can only access a certain website (to fill a form) when I check the "Automatic Configuration Script" in LAN settings. If unchecked, access is denied and I get the error message "session has expired, bla, bla....". Same problem occurs with IE7. Btw, no problem with FireFox. Any ideas? Thanks - Louis Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. ...

Our disk's driver run properly compiled for 32bit and not for 64bi
Description of driver: Our software encrypts our virtual discs and hard disk partitions too. Both run over our driver - which is something like filter driver, because it uses ntfs and fat drivers to makes real operations on this discs. In this driver we take a block from the disk (ask to ntfs/fat driver), decrypt, make changes etc... And of course attach and detach disk to system (find letter etc...). Creating of virtual discs (real file in filesystem) is made by our client application - not by the driver. The driver must be sign to run on 64bit OS, we sign it by older certificat...

Can Excel auto-direct you to the source of a link?
Can Excel auto-direct you to the source of a link? ...

MS Forms 2.0 Image Control Fails
A Forms 2.0 Image control bitmap that appears in the MFC dialog editor does not display when the application runs. This application was moved from VS 6 to VS 2003. The property settings and ID are the same in the VS 2003 version and the VS 6 version. The VS 6 version works fine. I also have a new dialog in VS2003 in which the control works correctly. All settings in this dialog have been checked against the non-working dialog. The control has been removed and reinserted in the non-working dialog. Why would it appear in the dialog editor and not when run? The control is fm20.dl...

Incorrect unistall of Palm Software
I have had to uninstall my Palm M505 software due to upgrading to XP, but I checked under 'program files' and there was still a load of files there so I just deleted the Palm directory. Now when I try and re-install the Palm discs, it locks the computer up completely when it gets to the point of 'Configuring Registry / Conduits' Any suggetions how I can get rid of this problem and re- install the Palm software? Thanks. Contact Palm software support? This newsgroup is for Outlook. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also...

What's wrong with this picture in MFC VC++ 6.0?
I have the following union typedef union { struct stJunk { unsigned char var1 : 1; unsigned char var2 : 1; unsigned char fill : 6; }stJunk; unsigned char uJunk; } Junk; Junk junk; // declare junk union variable I can do junk.stJunk.var1 = 0; junk.stJunk.var2 = 1; but not junk.uJunk = 0x2; // <--- Compile C2143 and C2059 errors. Why? This works in GNU! -Zilla > I have the following union > > typedef union { > struct stJunk { > unsigned char var1 : 1; > unsigned char var2 : 1; > unsigned char fill : 6; > }stJunk; > unsigned char uJunk; > } ...

ARP issues with dual ethernet link and CE 6.0 R2
We are developing a product based on an ARM9 processor (having an internal 10/100 Mbit ethernet MAC) and running Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R2. To give it the capability of having a redundant ethernet link (a compromise to avoid the cost and real estate of a second ethernet controller that would have provided a full redundant ethernet) we use a Marvell 88E6121 3-port switch chip that integrates two 10/100/1000 Mbit PHYs and a MII interface. In operation the ethernet is regularly (every minute) momentarily switched to the secondary (redundant) port for a quick check to ensure ...

Office XP Unable to open lost all files!!!! Outlook V 10.0.6626.0
I have the above version of Outlook which I started using about 6 months ago. I had a problem on my system and had to reinstall Windows XP Pro I tried saving my Outlook files on three seperate drives to be sure, as they had all my business files on them. I could not restore the old files nor get Outlook to open again. I keep getting an error message saying: " unable to open default mail folder." I need some assistance in the worst way!. I would really appreciate any help out there. Thanks Neil Sheppard How did you save the files? The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*...

Install v2.0 in same in the same PC as 1.3
I have a PC that is a test enviroment for RMS version 1.3 under SQL 2000 Enterprise. I would like to install RMS v.2.0 and 2005 desktop engine on this same computer and have both work in the same PC. What would be the best way to do this (if possible)? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0056_01CA3850.6A315EC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Rico, No, unless you install one of them virtually, preferably the 2.0 so you = don't have dongle issues. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software Sea...

automatically add sender to contacts from a message, and associate with category
I want to be able to automatically save the contact details from an email message in my inbox of outlook 2007, and associate the contact entry with specific categories. I envisage this being a macro that I just click on once I either have the message selected or actually open; i click the macro button and outlook automatically puts the sender (via 'add to outlook contacts' or equivalent) into the contacts list and applies a category. Maybe more than one macro each for a different category. Maybe it would work with more than one selected email message item. If someone could write th...

automatically advance to next cell without hitting enter or tab
does anyone know of a way to have Excel move automatically to the next cell after entering one digit (without hitting enter every time?) If there is some sort of script or something that anyone is aware of that already exists that I would need, can you please point me to it and tell me how to set it up? Hi AFAIK this is not possible as you can't run macros while in Edit mode -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany corby wrote: > does anyone know of a way to have Excel move automatically to the next > cell after entering one digit (without hitting enter every time?) > > I...

Automatic Relink of Workbooks
My office is going to be reorganizing the drive on our server. Numerous workbooks that are linked to each other will be relocated to different folders. This will disrupt the links that curently exits between the workbooks and they will not be able to update each otheruntil they are relinked. I want to avoid having to manuualy search for the "contributing" workbook and manually relinking each workbook. is there any way excel can automatically reset a link between workbooks as they are moved to a different folder/file? Simply have all pertinent WBs (source & target) *open*...

Lead Web Form Dumping into CRM 4.0
I just got a question on creating a web form that could appear on our company website that would allow end users to submit requests for information via a form that would dump into CRM 4.0 as a lead. I know I need web services but can anyone advise me of any codeplex solutions, or quick turn around ones I could use to get started? I do not write .net code. Thanks. Consider http://www.c360.com/Products.aspx both the "Sales" & "Service" Productivity Packs. One has "Email to Case" and the other has "Web Connect” I think that is just the thing for your ne...

Re:Mapping of network drives
hey guys, i tried to map a network drive which is in a remote computer.i have done verything so that it can be done..how do i create a folder in a remote computer programatically i vc++.i tried this function but this works only for local folder creation... BOOL PrepareFolder(CString& Folder) { int iLength; Folder.TrimLeft(); Folder.TrimRight(); if (!Folder.IsEmpty()) { iLength = Folder.GetLength(); if (Folder[iLength - 1] != '\\' && Folder[iLength - 1] != '/') { Folder += '\\'; } } SvcDebugOut(Folder); if (::GetFileAttributes(Folder) == ...