Put app and icon in task bar?

I have an MFC application that I want to be able to
put in the task bar as a small icon and have it pop
up the dialog when selected from the task bar.
This app is intended to be run from the start up menu
and be minimized in the task bar along with all the other
start items...

Pointers on how to please...

0
GoAway (21)
2/13/2005 7:49:15 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

By default app goes on the task bar. Do you mean system tray (that by
default appears on the bottom right of the screen)?

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"ShipHead" <GoAway@SpamBoy.com> wrote in message
> I have an MFC application that I want to be able to
> put in the task bar as a small icon and have it pop
> up the dialog when selected from the task bar.
> This app is intended to be run from the start up menu
> and be minimized in the task bar along with all the other
> start items...
>
> Pointers on how to please...

0
ajaykalra (6842)
> By default app goes on the task bar. Do you mean system tray (that by
> default appears on the bottom right of the screen)?

Yes.. My appologies.. I meant the system tray.

> --
> Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
> ajaykalra@yahoo.com
>

> "ShipHead" <GoAway@SpamBoy.com> wrote in message
> > I have an MFC application that I want to be able to
> > put in the task bar as a small icon and have it pop
> > up the dialog when selected from the task bar.
> > This app is intended to be run from the start up menu
> > and be minimized in the task bar along with all the other
> > start items...
> >
> > Pointers on how to please...

0
GoAway (21)
2/13/2005 8:30:43 PM
There are examples of system tray at codeguru/codeproject. That should help
you in what you want.

--

> "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > By default app goes on the task bar. Do you mean system tray (that by
> > default appears on the bottom right of the screen)?
> >
> Yes.. My appologies.. I meant the system tray.
>

> > --
> > Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
> > ajaykalra@yahoo.com
> >

> > "ShipHead" <GoAway@SpamBoy.com> wrote in message
> > > I have an MFC application that I want to be able to
> > > put in the task bar as a small icon and have it pop
> > > up the dialog when selected from the task bar.
> > > This app is intended to be run from the start up menu
> > > and be minimized in the task bar along with all the other
> > > start items...
> > >
> > > Pointers on how to please...

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Sample app at http://www.microsoft.com/msj/archive/sdbe.aspx

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott
2/13/2005 11:16:08 PM
On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:49:15 -0700, ShipHead wrote:

>I have an MFC application that I want to be able to
>put in the task bar as a small icon and have it pop
>up the dialog when selected from the task bar.

Tray icon stuff:

http://bobmoore.mvps.org/Win32/framed_tip001.htm

Invisible dialog stuff (also needed)

http://bobmoore.mvps.org/Win32/framed_tip026.htm

--
Bob Moore
http://bobmoore.mvps.org/

How do I locate the send on the menu bar?
I am using Microsoft 2000, and the send, to expedite my email message does not show on the menu bar. Any suggestions on how I may locate it. "Newlearner" <Newlearner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A80EFCD9-3BCA-4BD2-AD47-A1699A9C2164@microsoft.com... >I am using Microsoft 2000, and the send, to expedite my email message does > not show on the menu bar. Any suggestions on how I may locate it. It's already in the File menu. For the Database toolbar: With any database window open, right-click on the toolbar, and choose Customize. Select File in th...

Task w/ Multiple Resource
I have a task that requires two resources to work concurrently. It is a series of presentations that need to occur within a single span of five days. Both resources must be available to attend each and every presentation within that 5 day period. There is work that must be complete prior to presentations, therefore this task has a predecessor. It so happens that one of the resources that must perform the task is away on vacation when the predecessor finishes. Even though the vacation is entered as an exception in the calendar of the resource, MS Project still schedules the pr...

Clear Formatting Icon
I have a client who has a template with Arial 20 pt regular as the default font, with all the master text in Arial. When she clicks the clear formatting icon, the text changes to Helvetica, Grey, 36pt, bold. She checked the master slides to see if it was picking up Helvetica from any of the place holders there, but that's not the casse. Does anyone know where the Helvetica might be coming from? She's using PowerPoint 2007. Thanks! Might be coming from the default shape or textbox. If you create a new manual textbox, what font is used? -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http:...

Disabling Standard Icons
I am running Office 2003 and I want to assign a error message to the SAVE icon on the StandardToolbar to disable the standard save function to get the user to use another save button that I have set up on the spreadsheet. I know it can be done because I have it on a spreadsheet someone else set up but I cannot find where they set it up. It needs to be done in such a way that when I send the document (spreadsheet) to other Pc's it will still be setup. Any help would be most apprciated. Look in the macros on the example workbook. Learning wrote: > I am running Offic...

Menu Bar will NOT disable
Hi all, I am trying to disable the menu bar at runtime/startup. I have researched this site and used the solutions presented such as, application.commandBars ("menu bar").enabled = False (tried = 0, too!) and code options. Placed the code in the form_Open and form_load events. I haven't had any success? I have unchecked all setting in the Tools --> Startup and the Tools --> Options that deal with toolbars and shortcut menus, this was not successful, too. I am at a loss. Can anyone direct me what to do next? This site is VERY helpful I use it as a reference all t...

Multiple tasks in sales process stage
I have a sales process with multiple tasks within a stage (4 - 6). Each of these tasks needs to be handled with the previous one being a prerequisite to completing the next. When I reschedule 1 of the tasks (say the first 1 in the list) then the others (task 2, 3 and 4) should be rescheduled accordingly, or at least I would think so. It seems as though upon changing stages all tasks are created and assigned a due date and are then left static. The only workaround here is to create a stage for each task in order to wait for a previous task to be completed before moving to the next task in th...

Microsoft Outlook 2003 tasks view question
In Microsoft Outlook 2003, I am able to define a customized view of each column, under the Tasks section. Is it possible to share the same customized view of the Tasks with other users? In other words, when other users open a shared view of a Task, I want them to see the same column structure as I see. If it is possible to propagate or share my defined view of columns, can someone describe the procedure? Thanks kindly. Joseph There is not an easy "copy this to everyone" command but its possible. When you create the view, use the option to share it with everyone. When they vie...

Bar Chart #6
Hi All I have a bar chart with different percentages displayed as the columns. Or target is 70%. Is it possible to have a target line added to the bar chart to show how many meet the target? In a line graph I just add a target column to create the target line but this will not work with a bar chart Any help greatly appreciated Kind regards Rexmann opps forgot to say using Excel 2003 "rexmann" wrote: > Hi All > > I have a bar chart with different percentages displayed as the columns. Or > target is 70%. Is it possible to have a target line added to the bar cha...

getting rid of the standard mfc icon (in taskbar)
i made an application based on mfc, and used the standard mfc icon up until now. i thought changing it would be a simple task. in the resource editor i got rid of all mfc icons in various resolutions, and replaced it with my own icon in 3 different resolutions. it does work in almost all the places: the main window is shown with the correct icon, the taskbar shows correctly with the icon, even MessageBox() shows the icon now, but as soon as i do open a MessageBox while my main-window is shown, the counter in taskbar moves up to two (you know how windows xp groups together tasks with th...

Portable app and mfc42u.dll
I am writing an application that is to run from a USB. It links dynamically with mfc42u.dll and I cant be sure it will be available on every system. So, I plan on including a copy of mfc42u.dll in the same directory as the app. Is this the way to proceed? Will this cause any conflict, problem, or whatever dll-hellish situation? I think this is ok. The dll is special and not on every system, so you should release a copy of it in the app directory. That's what I do with dlls to be used, too. Regards "Alexander" <the44secs@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1172037426.1...

Side by side stacked bar chart
Is it possible to do a chart that has side by side stacked bars for different periods? For example, I want to compare quarterly profits for the years 2004 and 2005. I am using MS Excel 2003. Hi, See Jon Peltier's page on cluster stacked column chart. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy JRW523 wrote: > Is it possible to do a chart that has side by side stacked bars for different > periods? For example, I want to compare quarterly profits for the years 2004 > and 2005. I am using MS Excel 2003. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://...

Outlook 2002
Tasks from the calender continue to pop up even though they have already been completed in Outlook - Any suggestions on how to fix this? Pop-up as in the reminders still appear? Try this: Close Outlook Select Start | Run Enter Outlook.exe /CleanReminders (note the space between ".exe" and "/CleanReminders") Select OK. Any better? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Steve" <steve@emilanderson.com> wrote in message news:0...

Office XP icons missing on Windows 7 Pro x64
I installed Office XP on a PC running Windows 7 Pro x64. The icons for the various office programs exist, but are blank. When I look at the shortcuts, it doesn't allow me to choose the location of the icon - it's greyed out. I've run windws explorer elevated, but I still can't change the icon location. If I navigate to the Winword.exe location, it has an icon. If I create a new shortcut, that new shortcut also doesn't have an icon. If I try pinning one to the start menu or taskbar, I get the same problem. I also have Outlook 2007 installed, but the icon for thi...

Calculate the total overlapping time of multiple tasks, excluding non-working times
I am developing a tracking calculator for an overall process. Within the overall process, there are 3 steps which are completed. These steps can be completed independently from one another, but can also (sometimes) overlap. I am trying to determine the total time for the overall process (from beginning to end), without counting the duplicated times where the steps are running parallel to one another, or times when some steps may be completed and are waiting for another to start. I have outlined the basic design of the worksheet below, with times in mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm format. S...

I have four to a page postcards and need to put something differe.
I have post cards which are four to a page and need to put something different on each post card. I can't figure out how to do more than one at a time. In Avery I can do four individual cards on one sheet, but it doesn't have the formatting capabilities of publisher. You could set the paper size to 8�"x11, Arrange 2 rows, 2 columns, adjust margins to suit and build four different postcards. -- Don Vancouver, USA "oneelegantone" <oneelegantone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6980556-55CB-4C6E-9ED0-C88587E4E4F3@microsoft.com... > I h...

::: More than 8 seconds on space bar = Cursor blocked ! Please HELP !
Hello, I press more than 8 seconds on the space bar. Now my cursor is blocked. Like if I wanted to select many cells. How can I go back to a normal situation ? And free my cursor! Many thanks in advance for your help. Jacques try touching the f8 key -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <infojacques@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1178563983.482171.224070@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I press more than 8 seconds on the space bar. Now my cursor is > blocked. Like if I wanted to select many cells. > > How can I go back to a no...

incident navigation bar
hi, I can hide the left navigation bar items in the incident form. But the white space of navigation area is still there. Is there a way to remove this white space? ...

CRM 4
Using the IFrame we have displayed the Contacts list for an account in account frame... Now the issue is we have to hide the "Activity Bar" (i.e. top menu with the menus like "New Contact", "Add Existing Contact", blah blah...)... We tried adding below code in onload event without any success. Tried lot of combinations but it does not works... if(crmForm.FormType != 1) { if (document.all.IFRAME_Contacts != null) { document.all.IFRAME_Contacts.src = "/sfa/accts/areas.aspx?oId=" + crmForm.ObjectId + "&oType=1&security=852023&tabS...

Scatter and bar
Hi I have posted a screen shot of my chart here - http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs35&d=05260&f=chart.jpg I would like to know if it is possible with the chart to change the turquoise line named Digester feed mean % DS to work with the scatter chart using the secondary axis already in place as a bar mixed scatter chart? I really appreciate your comments i think the chart would look great like this. Many Thanks Rob - p.s if the image doesnt load right click and choose show picture then it should load. Select the series that you want to change to a bar chart. Right click and choos...

Is Outlook ICON hard wired?
Am using WinXP-pro and wondered if the OutlookXP(2002) icon has some special status on the desktop. As with most Windows, there are two "groups" of icons on the main DESKTOP. The first group has system things like MyComputer, RecycleBin, IntExplorer, and Outlook icon on my PC. The second group has icon shortcuts to applications like Word, Excel, Acrobat, Dialup, whatever. I can generally easily control which icons go where in various menus (like rt click desktop > properties. customize desktop). And I can delete and add these icons at will. I can't find anywhere h...

How to re-assign mini-icons to *.html file types in WinExplorer?
Occasionally the mini icons in front of a files of a certain file type (e.g. all *.html) in Windows Explorer are lost. Instead an ugly dummy icon is shown. How can I re-assign the Internet Explorer typical blue "e" mini icons to them again? Resp. how can I don this in general for a file extension .yyy? Cindy Right click on the file and go to Properties and hit the change button = and then designate the program with which you wish to open the file. steve "Cindy Parker" <cypy@live.com> wrote in message = news:4c57d81c$0$6986$9b4e6d93@newsspool4.ar...

Attachment Icon on Preview Pane
How can I modify Outlook 2002 to display the 'clip' icon on the preview pane for attachments? I am used to working with Outlook 2000 which always displays any attachments as a clip towards the right side of the preview pane. I cannot figure out how to do that in XP. Can anyone help me out? Thanks, Jay You can't change this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

put all sheets in one
i need to put the numbers of all the sheets i have created onto one sheet have this done automatically is there anyone out there that can do this Laura This is very doable with a macro. You set up a consolidated_data sheet and a loop to cycle through all of you source data sheets copy target range and paste to next blank row in consolidated_data sheet. Is the layout for each source sheet the same? How many sheets? All sheets in book or selected sheets? Will you be doing this one time or repeatedly? Do you know VBA or do you have access to a VBA programmer? The answers to these quest...

Send from another app #2
With Outlook closed and I try to send something from another app, such as send webpage from IE, the mail stays in the outbox until Outlook is opened. Is there a way to process the outgoing mail even though outlook (2003) is not open? Thx No. "Ron" <ronDOTpREMOVE@2REPLYmchsi.XXcom> wrote in message news:Z4_gc.29490$ru4.29337@attbi_s52... > With Outlook closed and I try to send something from another app, such as > send webpage from IE, the mail stays in the outbox until Outlook is opened. > Is there a way to process the outgoing mail even though outlook (2003) ...

How does one migrate tasks to a new employee?
I've delegated numerous tasks to people in my department. Now the time has come for me to leave the company and for my replacement to take over. Is there a simple way to get my copies of all the tasks I've delegated into my replacements task list? The most obvious ways: dragging and dropping, and outputting to a pst file, replace the task owners' (the delegates') names with mine. This would leave my replacement with no clue about the actual owner of each task. Is there a way to get my copies to him with the owner info intact? Also, is there a way to do this where my replacement...