PSDKs for VC6 (2/2003) and VC7 (4/2005) at the same time?

Hi,

I could have sworn I had seen this question answered before, but in
searching this AM, I couldn't locate the proper answer.

I have a need (for the short-term) to have both VC6 and VC7 on the same
machine.  I've read that the installation of VC6 prior to VC7 is
required.

My question revolves around the Platform SDKs.  It seems that the Apr
2005 is an upgrade to the Feb 2003 PSDK.

Is there a process to be able to keep both PSDKs and set the
environment for the VC I need?

Thanks for your answers.

Thanks,
-Vin

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

develop wrote:
> My question revolves around the Platform SDKs.  It seems that the Apr
> 2005 is an upgrade to the Feb 2003 PSDK.
>
> Is there a process to be able to keep both PSDKs and set the
> environment for the VC I need?
>
> Thanks for your answers.
>
> Thanks,
> -Vin

Yes, you can install both SDKs.  They use different directories.  Then
set the directories to use in both VC6 and VC7.  (In VC6 go to Tools,
Options, Directories, ...).  After you set the path to the SDK includes,
click the up arrow to move it to the top of the directories list.  This
makes VC look there first, ignoring any older SDK files that may have
been installed with VC.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott
8/4/2005 3:12:19 AM
Hi Scott,

I've bene through this once before and I left the names of the
installed folders whatever the installer named tham, and after I
installed the Apr2005 version (which I thought had a slightly different
name as a default), the Feb2003 was gone and only the Apr2005 was left.

I'm running through this process right at this moment and have named
the Feb2003 install folder "PSDKFeb2003".  In the installtion for the
Apr2005, I am naming the folder PSDKApr2005.

We'll see what occurs.

Thanks for your input!

-Vin

Count If Formula #4

More Columns #2

Linking files 2 ways

Matching transactions in 2005
I upgraded from Money 2004 to Money 2005. I've always had trouble getting transactions to match when they are downloaded from the bank. For instance, I would enter a transaction into Money, and then when it downloaded my statement from the bank it would enter a new transaction instead of matching it to the one that I created. In 2004, you could right-click on the transaction and then choose "match", or something along those lines. I don't see that option in 2005. How do you match duplicate transactions in 2005? I'm using Premium if it matters, and my register view ...

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Goal Seek #2

Columns #4
My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Hi Me! I'm just guessing what you mean. Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D9050B-079C-476D-B5B6-84445F60EA51@microsoft.com... > My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Another gue...

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Contacts in Exchange #2

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit

SQL 2005 Great Plains 9 issue
I will try to keep this succinct. I am running Great Plains 9 with SQL 2005 on separate servers. Recently I brought up a new SQL server(called sql02) to replace the old SQL server(called sql01). After installing SQL 2005 on the new server and restoring all the databases I renamed the new server(sql02) to the name of the old Server(sql01). Great Plains worked happily after that. On the new SQL server now called SQL01 there are two database engines in SQL Studio, one is called SQL02 and the other is called SQL01. I would rather not have SQL02 there, but I'm not sure how to delet...