Programatically creating text box

Hi all..I need help regarding creating the edit box programatically..

I have drawn a movable rectangle in a view.Now how i want to make that
rectangle editable..can any body show me some pointer/sample code? I
was cocoa programmer. i know how to do this in mac os..but i dont know
how do i o it in MFC.. please help me

I took the source code for drawing from following link :
http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/diagrameditor.asp

Thanks in advance

0
nasbtv (7)
6/25/2007 4:37:37 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

CEdit editbox;

when you need it

editbox.Create(...parameters here...)

and when you are done with it,

editbox.DestroyWindow();

or if you want to keep it handy for later use

editbox.ShowWindow(SW_HIDE);

					joe

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 21:37:37 -0700, nas <nasbtv@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi all..I need help regarding creating the edit box programatically..
>
>I have drawn a movable rectangle in a view.Now how i want to make that
>rectangle editable..can any body show me some pointer/sample code? I
>was cocoa programmer. i know how to do this in mac os..but i dont know
>how do i o it in MFC.. please help me
>
>I took the source code for drawing from following link :
>http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/diagrameditor.asp
>
>Thanks in advance
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)

save as dialog box won't open
Hello: I am unable to save new documents in any Microsoft Office 2001 applications (I am on a mac - powerbook). The system dings when I hit save or save as but no dialog box appears. When I open a current file and make changes, I can save them. I can also open, print and compare documents as well as perform all other functions, and I can save new documents in any other application, such as quark and adobe illustrator. Any suggestions are welcome as I am on a tight deadline and can not save anything new. Help! Thanks, Renee Hi Renee, Be sure that you have installed the Office 2001 update...

Create Task in Workflow fails
Hi all: I have a workflow rule that fires when a new lead is created. The rule assigns the lead to a user, sends an email to the user to inform them they have a lead, and then it creates a task for the user. However, for some reason the rule fails on the task creation, with the error: "Error code = 80131509. This SqlTransaction has completed; it is no longer usable" I thought it might be because I was trying to assign the task to the logical owner, and perhaps the owner had not been set yet, so I changed the rule to create the task for a static user and it still fails. Can ...

Create a List From a Grid
I have a worksheet of rows of customers and columns of products. There are about 250 customers and about 100 products. Therefore, there are 25,000 cells of data. Each cell contains the dollar amount of that product sold to that customer. I would like to create a 3-column list of data that contains customer-name, product-name and dollars sold. The number of rows in that list would equal the number of cells that are non-zero. In other words, cells with zero dollars can be ignored. How can this be accomplished? :confused: -- Cecil --------------------------------------------------------------...

adding history text to bulk contact records- from an Excel spreads
we have an excel spreadsheet that contains contact record naming as in CRM and an additional column of text- we want to place this text into the contact record- each contact record has a different history text that needs to be added as a history item - the contacts exist in CRM already- we are just wanting to find a easy sure way to add the history ...

How do I create a bar (1-100) in exel?
Hi! My skill in excel is slowly improving but there are still a few things I need help with every now and then. I have a column with chapter titles (Column A). In columns B, C, D there are %-ages where the total = 100%. What I would like to do in another sheet is to displat the results in a horisontal bar in three different coulors. If column B is 35% then I would like the first 35% of that bar be, say, green. If C is 25% and D, subsequently, 40%, then I want that bar to be 25%, say yellow, and 40%, say, red. I don't want it all in a graph, but rather in a rectangular box next to some...

text box running off the end of the page
When I use a text box I am losing the end when it runs of the page. How do I set word so that the text boxes cary over to the subsiquent pages. -- Regards Dave Objects (including text boxes cannot span pages. ) Either use another text box, a table or put the text in the main document area. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ...

Multi-Select List Box as Query Parameter
Hello all, Hoping someone can help me with list box multi selection problem. I have been able to build a query that is filtered by a selection in a List box, but now that I want to use a multi select list box so that two or more items can be included in the query. List box Name is: List42 List box source:TBL_Slocation Form name: Receipts_Selection_Form Below is my code which is not working ------ Private Sub List42_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) Dim frm As Form Dim ctl As Control Dim varItem As Variant Dim strSQL As String Dim strWhere As String Set frm = Forms!Rec...

Emails Repeated in Text Attachments
Hi: I've been using this same version of Outlook (9.0.0.2711) on Windows XP for a couple of years now and all of a sudden this afternoon all emails are coming in with text attachments. Some attachments contain text from what should have appeared at the end of the body of the message; in one case, the attachment contained a copy of the body of the email in its entirety. This is new and I haven't adjusted any settings lately. Any ideas? Thanks, --Cynthia ...

jumbled overlapping text when adding categories in Outlook 2007
Hi, I have Outlook 2007 with BCM (I don't use the BCM feature) and whenever I try to add a new category, the text I enter completely overlaps to the point I can't read it. If I continue to type anyway and hit "OK" the category comes out correctly and has been added, but the garbled text is annoying and it is difficult to see if I have made a typo until too late. This problem is now spreading to other standard Outlook forms where I type in information. The consistent thing when I have this problem seems to be when Outlook opens a new pop-up window to add in...

How to check the version of PST created
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00E9_01C50459.FA4BF6D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I use outlook 2003 and I cannot remember the version of .pst created = some time ago, whether it is outlook 2000, XP compatible? how do I check = this without installing earlier version of outlook? Thanks Frank ------=_NextPart_000_00E9_01C50459.FA4BF6D0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD H...

Drop down boxes
Hello i have a column of 'names' which i have used a dropdown list to produce i.e. date name(drop downlist) 01/01/2009 john i.e john dave etc in the list is there a way that if a change john to Jsmith that this will update all the rows that 'john' was chosen for! themase wrote: >Hello > >i have a column of 'names' which i have used a dropdown list to produce i.e. > >date name(drop downlist) >01/01/2009 john > >i.e john dave etc in the list is there a...

Problem with menu in dialog box
I have created a dialog box with a menu. Works fine, *except* that I am unable to update the menu commands: the OnUpdatexxx(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) handlers do not get called when the menu opens, however, they do get called when you click the menu item xxx, after which the xxx command handler gets called too... When this happens, the m_pMenu member of pCmdUI is null, and calling say pCmdUI->SetCheck() or pCmdUI->Enable(FALSE) has no effect whatsoever. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks, Werner On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 14:52:04 -0700, Werner Frei wrote: >Does anyone know how to fix...

You cannot create entries for this Address Book
I'm trying to create a new entry to the GAL on Exchange trough Outlook, although getting "You cannot create entries for this Address Book". I've tried playing with permissions with no result. I still think it's the permission issue, although cannot figure out which one. Any ideas? Thanks in advance Outlook can not create recipients in GAL. Andy wrote: > I'm trying to create a new entry to the GAL on Exchange > trough Outlook, although getting "You cannot create > entries for this Address Book". I've tried playing with > permissio...

"Reply to all" puts copies in deleted box
We have one group of board members that every time we hit "reply to all" it puts 7 copies in my deleted box. I can't figure out why. Vista with Outlook 2003. It only does it for this one group, and only 7 copies when there are 11 people on the group email. Did you check your rules for ones that delete mail and don't include the 'stop processing' action? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-re...

Converting text to dates
Hi - I'm trying to convert a simple value of 7152004 to a date, and can't seem to figure it out. When I format cells to date, I get a long #### response, and I'm not getting that b/c of the column size. I've tried to do DATEVALUE on the cell, but it gives a VALUE! error. Any suggestions? Thanks! In an adjacent cell, use =DATE(RIGHT(A1,4),LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-6),MID(A1,LEN(A1)-5,2)) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12808E82-5C8B-4A5C-A1B2-E4FE2C9C2F9F@microsoft...

Referencing an unbound text control in a footer
I am trying to reference and unbound text control in the footer of a report. I want to add it to the page footer Report Name: repYearEnd Footer name: GroupFooter0 Unbound text box: TotUnitPrice =[Reports]![repYearEnd].[GroupFooter0].[TotUnitPrice] Access can't find the text control Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks Try just =[Reports]![repYearEnd]![TotUnitPrice] The fact that the control's in a footer should make no difference: all controls on the report need to have unique names. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/D...

System Attendant Service failed to create session for virtual mach
The error number is 0xc0070533. This is an Exchange 2003 server Service pack 1 I am not able to find any help on this error number When I run Err 0xc0070533 I get the following # as an HRESULT: Severity: FAILURE (1), Facility: 0x7, Code 0x533 # for hex 0x533 / decimal 1331 : ERROR_ACCOUNT_DISABLED winerror.h # Logon failure: account currently disabled. # 1 matches found for "0xc0070533" I could use some help on how to resolve this issue This looks like and ad issue. Do you see event id 2110 and 8213 or 1031 events in your app log. If yo...

Limit in Text Box
Hello, I'm having an issue with the amount of characters allowed in a text box. I need to be able to have a space that allows more than 255 characters. How can this be accomplished? I am not too savvy with Microsoft Access yet, so any response written in lay-mans terms is greatly appreciated! Thankyou! ChelseaS, In the table change the Data Type to Memo. -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "ChelseaS" <ChelseaS@discussions.microsoft...

Count Unique text in 3 different columns
Hi, I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into consideration three diffrent columns, example; Column A Column B Column C DC&D aagis Ternure DC&D aagis Ternure DC&D adamk New Hire DC&D adamk New Hire DC&D adasilva New Hire DC&D adasilva New Hire DC&D vdafons Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO A...

Adding a coma to the text data in every row of a column
Adding a coma to the text data in every row of a column I have an Excel spread sheet that has 6,000 rows of text in one of the columns. I want to be able to add a coma (,) after the last character in each row. Can this task be done automatically? In additional to posting your solution to this group, can you please cc: me at lpsca@earthlink.net Larry, The following code did it for me in about 1 second on 7000 rows... '----------------------------- 'Adds a comma at the right end of each cell's contents in Column "L" (12). 'For a different column change the L and 1...

Pasting text into one cell (Excel wants to dump in multiple cells)?
<lol> I can't believe I've never asked this one either? Opportunity never came up ... Every once in a while I need to paste paragraphs of text into an Excel cell (i.e., comments from one source into a log). And Excel naturally takes the data and puts each paragraph into its own cell even if in same column. Is there a way for Excel to ignore all the hard returns as prompts for a new cell and instead to treat them as ordinary returns so that I get the comments in paragraph- form into one cell? I hope my question is clear (?). <g> Thank you! Hi Before you paste...

mailing labels
Greetings, I use the following expression to print mailing labels. When there is a company name in the record, everything is fine. When there is not a company name, I get a small square box at the end of the name on the first line. Any thoughts on what I am missing? This expression is in the query. "SendTo" is in the report detail section SendTo: ([CustomerName] & Chr(13) & Chr(10) + [CompanyName] & Chr(13) & Chr (10) & [Address] & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & [CSZ]) fields involved are all from the same table, record source is a query: CustomerN...

Creating a custom table...
A couple of issues regarding table creation. I want to insert a set of tables in a document header, but so they appear in the middle (vertically) of the page concerned. I want them in the header so the user cannot inadvertantly modify the table contents directly without actively entering into the header: 1. I have a dialog where a user can specify the number of rows that must be in a table. For example if they enter 4 then the table must be created and inserted with 4 rows and 2 columns. There are always 2 columns - how do I achieve the table creation and insertion at a specific...

How to create a custom welcome msg for a new create mailbox?
I know having to script.But I haven't such programming experience.Somebody can give me a sample code?Thanks! Here is a very simple script from MS: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/scripts/message/smtpmail/mssmvb01.mspx Nue "Samuel" <Samuel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:811F5927-7163-4382-A7CC-384AEC3BADBE@microsoft.com... >I know having to script.But I haven't such programming experience.Somebody > can give me a sample code?Thanks! Thanks for reply. Is there any method that send welcome msg auto by exchange when mailbox cr...

Use Julian Date To Create Serial Number
I am trying to find a way to create a unique serial number based upon the current julian date + an increment counter. I have sort of done this however the julian date function is not static and all the serial numbers change each day. I need to create be able to create the serial number (maybe by clicking on a cell) and then once the number populates the cell, it remains fixed. Any suggested would be welcome. Hi you have to use an event procedure for this. See: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "antho10359" <antho10359...