Problems with a MFC ODBC consumer class on ISAPI server

Hello,

I'm trying to read and write to an Access database, using an ISAPI server.

In order to do so, I've configured a MFC ODBC consumer class with the
following configuration:

- "Data Source" on the machine = Access Database (second Property Sheet of
"Select Datasource")
- "Type" is Dynaset
- "Bind all columns" checked.

The resulting connection string is the following:

------------ Example 1 ------------
CString CDatabase::GetDefaultConnect()
{
    return _T("DSN=MS Access
database;DBQ=C:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\data\\database.mdb;DefaultDir=C:\\Inetpub
\\wwwroot\\data;DriverId=25;FIL=MS
Access;MaxBufferSize=2048;PageTimeout=5;UID=admin;");
}
------------------------------------

When I open the database through the command:

------------ Example 2 ------------
CDatabase db;

db.Open();
------------------------------------

The ISAPI server raises an exception that cannot be catched. I'm struggling
a lot to debug it. I have even tried to following connection strings:

------------ Example 3 ------------
1: DSN=MS Access
database;DBQ=\\\\localhost\\data\\database.mdb;DefaultDir=\\\\localhost\\dat
a;DriverId=25;FIL=MS Access;MaxBufferSize=2048;PageTimeout=5;UID=admin;

2: DSN=MS Access
database;DBQ=/data/database.mdb;DefaultDir=/data;DriverId=25;FIL=MS
Access;MaxBufferSize=2048;PageTimeout=5;UID=admin;
------------------------------------

But I still have the same problem. I use the same procedure to access the
database through a Document/View application and everything works fine as
Example 1, but I'm very confused now.

Thank you very much for your attention.
Ruy.

0
answer (4)
8/16/2003 5:04:33 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

several companies (clients) on one physical Ex 2003 server
Hi I get the job to set up an IT-environment, where we can host several companies (20 - 100 users per client) who want to outsource their IT infrastructure. It should be a terminal server environment on windows 2003 with exchange 2003. The clue is to use as few as possible physical servers. Now the question is: I want to host several of these clients on one Exchange 2003 enterprise server. How can I make it possible that they can't see none ressources among themselves (no free/busy-times, calendars, adress books etc.)? they have also different smtp-domains for email adresses. Has som...

excel 2007 11 x 17 chart printing problem
I can not get a chart to print on 11 x 17 using excel 2007. The printer just shows spooling. ...

Outlook Distribution List Problem
We have a user which we imported thier PAB into the Outlook contacts folder. We then detached the PAB from his outlook. He had a distrubution list called "PADDLEBALL" in the PAB which got moved to the contacts folder, however when he types in "PADDLEBALL" into the TO: field it seems to want to pick it up from the PAB (it does underline it and everything) which doesn't exist anymore so when you click send it gets an error. If you double click the entry it gets an error. Only if you explicitly go to the contacts folder and select the "PADDLEBALL" distr...

system recovery problem
I am using Windows XP Service pack 3. I downloaded a song from a website that I am a member of and for the first time, it attached an add on that now gives me pop-up adds. I removed the add on from my control panel, but I am still getting these pop-up adds every time I connect to the internet. I tried to do a system restore for an hour or two earlier from when I downloaded the song, and system restore would not let me do a download. The message was that system restore could not restore computer to date I choose, and to try a different date....well I also downloaded Norton Sec...

problems with customised keyboard shortcuts and printing
I have just changed from Windows 95 and Word 2000 to Windows XP and Word 2003. Documents I have taken from my old computer which had customised keyboard shortcuts for inserting en-dashes, em-dashes and ellipses appear correctly on screen but when I print them, the pages are accurate but the en-dashes, etc. do not print at all. Has anybody come across this problem and resolved it successfully? ...

GP editor looking at wrong server
Recently we moved our AD environment from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003. When I open AD Users & Computers it shows it as being on our W2K3 server. I installed Group Policy MC . When I edit an object, GP editor looks like it is editing objects on our W2K server. How do I fix this? Thanks, Don Don, This is a Dynamics GP (as in Great Plains, not Group Policy) forum. However, to confirm you are editing objects on your Win2K server, shut down the Win2K server or bring it offline for a few minutes and attempt to edit again in the GP editor. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, ...

Upgrade Ex 2000 to 2003 Server
Hi, I searched TechNet site and was disappointed that very little information can be found on this issue. Maybe it's too simple? anyway, here is what I would like to achieve. We have Ex2000 on Win2000 Server. The AD is running on Win2000. I have a new Win2003 Server. Here is my plan: 1. Install EX 2003 on the new server and "join" the current Organization on the EX2000 server. 2. Move all mailboxes from Ex2000 to EX2003 3. Move public folders too. 4. Drop EX2000 from the Organization. Please help me to find the proper detailed information to perform this move. Thanks...

Problem Passing Arguments
Greetings, I am having problems passing arguments from a BeforeDoubleClick event. The problem is that out of five argument that the called procedure is looking for, only 2 will always have a value. Of the other 3 one or more will not have a value depending on what cell is DoubleClicked. This all worked before I moved the UserForm and Module1 from each schedule workbook to only one set in the customer record workbook. At first, I was getting a type mismatch, but now I am getting nothing (no errors and no activity, nothing) Here is my code in the sheet section of the calling workb...

Macro Problem #6
I did create an excel file in Office 97 for Windows with macro. I a using OSX 10.3.4 with network user login from 10.3.4 server and Offic X. I cannot open the excel file with enable macro. The error messag appears cannot find library or project and error with visual basi application, If I login as local user, I can open the excel file n problem. I can fix the problem by delete the prefenence files fro ~/Library/Preferences. Once I open the excel and quit it again, th error comes back. I think there may be something to do with th preferences files and permission. Could someone help me out. Tha...

Format of cells problem...
Hello I built a macro that will go through a list of data and higlight in bold type cells that are of a certain value. The values are text e.g. Smith, Jones, etc. I get new values each month from an external source in a .xls file. If I right click those new values they are formatted as general with alignment general and bottom. That format is exactly the same as the ones in the excel sheet that I paste the new values to. However, when I run my macro it fails to highlight cells. For example, suppose for May-05 I have 'Smith' in cell A1 and for Jun-05 I have 'Smith' in...

'server busy' timeout settings
Hi, I'm calling a fucntion in VB from MFC (using COM). Sometimes, the function takes a while, and I'm getting the 'server busy' message. How can I set the timeout so I won't get this message? Does anyone know? Regards, Ram. "Ram Baruch" <ram_ba_ruch@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:<#zdxmoeWEHA.500@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>... > Hi, > I'm calling a fucntion in VB from MFC (using COM). Sometimes, the function > takes a while, and I'm getting the 'server busy' message. How can I set the > timeout so I won't get thi...

How to connect to public server
Emory has a server for patients. When you open Explorer, there is a welcome screen with a "button" at the bottom that takes you a TOS screen with an "agree" button. You are then required to enter an email address. Is there any way to have this done automatically ...

Use Outlook With SQL Server 7!
I have recently installed MS-Outloook 2000 in my Win 2000 Professional system. I want Outlook to be the default mail client so that I can send mails from SQL Server 7 but when I start Outlook for the 1st time after installing it, I am facing problems. As soon as I start Outlook, the 1st step gives 2 options to select from -Microsoft Exchange Server & Internet Email.Since I want to use Outlook solely for sending mails from SQL Server, I select the former. The next step prompts me to enter the MS-Exchange Server & the Mailbox. This is where I am getting stuck. What do I enter as the MS-...

accessing objects of one class into other(urgent)
hello, I have created a dialog based application called "Combo".I have inserted a dialog in my project and added a class for it called midialog.created a menu for parent dialog and now i am dispalying my dialog as modal popup child on selecting the menu of parent dialog.Thus i have created object of my class in the appwizard genereted class called "CComboDlg".And it works fine.Now i want to access some variables of CComboDlg class in my class,so i created its object in my class and accessed the variable.I included the necessary header file too....But on comp...

I want to know stl Server more infomation
Recently I made some web service, and I all most made that program. but I have some problem that is how I get virtual folder or web site root folder. just I have physical folder name. thank you for answer to my qustion. ...

special characters problem

after Win NT 2000 install, Outlook problems
Installed Windows 2000 & found numerous problems throughout MS Office 2000. Primarily with Outlook. When opening Outlook it cannot determine the proper email/internet connection, LAN modem. When starting Outlook it cannot open the "information store". I assumed that this referred to the personal folders file, made certain it was opening these, however, the problem still exists. Hopefully, someone has the answer to this problem. Thanks, Arnold ...

SBS 2003 Outlook licences after an upgrade of server
Sorry if this has been asked before - I cannot track down a definitive answer on a problem we have with Outlook licenses. We have an SBS2003 server (not R2) with 50 odd CALs which included rights to use Outlook 2003. In the last year we bought afresh a full blown Windows 2008 server with new cals and Exchange 2007 on it. (We couldn't fathom the upgrade rights so bought all new cals - we did not have software assurance.) Both servers still run but the new one is now the domain controller and main email server. The old server sits on a subnet as it also runs an old busin...

Upgrade AD when adding 2008 Server to Domain
We have added a new Windows 2008 Server (which will be a Terminal Server) to our Windows 2003 AD Domain. Do we need to update the AD Schema? Our AD Policy acts weird on the new server. Sometimes printers do not show up, then the run command is enabled, then at times the task manager is enabled. We try and lock down all of our TS Servers. Thank you for your assistance. Howdie! Patriot schrieb: > We have added a new Windows 2008 Server (which will be a Terminal Server) to > our Windows 2003 AD Domain. Do we need to update the AD Schema? Our AD Policy > acts weird on...

sending a logoff message to a server via OnQueryEndSession()
Hi Everybody, Maybe someone here can help me with my problem. Here it goes: I�m rtrying to send a logoff message from a client to a server via OnQueryEndSession(). The problem I have with this method is that the server never receives the logoff message. The Server only recognizes that a connection has been established and then closes the connection right away without receiving the actual message. The only time it actually receives the message is by calling a MesageBox before OnQueryEndSession() returns TRUE. This is how my code looks: BOOL CMessengerDlg::OnQueryEndSession() { TCHAR tszName[...

Enable Secondary Protection for one server keeps failing
Hi, I am trying to add a server to secondary protection (secondary DPM Server) but it keeps failing with this message: “Unable to configure security settings for <server> on the computer <server>. (ID: 274). make sure that the user name and password you have provided has administrator privileges on the target computer.” I already made sure the account is domain admin account. The other 10 servers where added without any problems. Can anyone help Kind regards Mihai Problem solved. The server was a former Domain controller. the agent didn’t make the us...

Outlook 2003 on Windows Server 2003 terminal and Exchange 2000
Hi, I have a weird problem. Setup DC1 running W2K Server DC2 running W2K Server and Exchange Server 2000 DC3 running W2K3 Server and TERMINAL SERVER and OFFICE 2003 Now the problem i when i connect to the W2K3 Server with Terminal and open Outlook 2003 i can read/reply mails without any problems. But when i try to make a new mail i cannot click the TO/CC/BCC button --> this gives me an error message that the server doesnt support it ???!!!??? It gets weirder : when i type in the TO/CC/BCC address space the alias of my contact it translates it perfectly to the correct email address. S...

I think my server is spamming!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C780E8.37F0E290 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When I look at my default SMTP queue I see hundreds of messages waiting = for delivery. When I enumerate the messages they show that they are not = NDR, but messages masking from non valid users. To me this sounds like = the server is SPAMMING. I have checked to make sure I am not an open = relay. How can I determine where these messages are coming from. How can = I tell what IP or what user is submittin...

A Second ACH Problem
We have some employees that routinely have several transactions in the direct deposit ACH file. For instance, they may have part of their pay going to checking and part to savings. In a number of the cases, the checking account record appears correctly, but the savings account trx does not show up in the checkbook part of GP. Again, the GL and PR modules are correct... just some of the records within the ACH file hit the checkbbok and others don't. How can we correct this? Thanks in advance! ...

Outlook without Exchange Server
I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook 2003 can be used with pier-to-pier sertup in a small office with leass than 5 employees. The functionality desired would be to be able to forward and recieve messages, tasks, appointments, share and view calendar etc. I was wondering if outlook can be used within a workgroup in a LAN setup without having exchange server. Thanks, Athiff In news:1ad6001c423e0$2a80b120$a601280a@phx.gbl, Athiff <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: || I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook || 2003 can be used with pier-...