Problems saving HKLM

Hi there,

I am trying to save the reg keys into a file:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG HKEY_CURRENT_USER
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE HKEY_USERS

My program has both "SeBackupPrivilege" and  "SeRestorePrivilege". I am
using the RegSaveKey API.

The program succesfully stores these: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG HKEY_CURRENT_USER

The machine does not store these: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE  HKEY_USERS
Error ("Access is denied").

Can someone tell me how to save the HKLM amd HKU? This probably what the
problem is:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/sysinfo/base/regsavekey.asp

RegSaveKey takes a "handle is returned by the RegCreateKeyEx or RegOpenKeyEx
function, or it can be one of the following
predefined keys:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG
HKEY_CURRENT_USER"

Now my guess HKLM is in some sense built in and hence I am running into this
problem.  Can you suggest a solution for this
problem? How can I dump HKLM into a file?  The only solution I see to look
deeper into the registry and potentially do a
registry traversal.

thanks

regards,
--Sudhakar.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How do I open .dbx files saved from my computer in outlook
I have a number of .dbx files I saved on an external hard drive just before my computer died. How do I open them on my new computer. It has Vista and office outlook 2007 You need to use Windows Mail and make the folders available there (import from identity - Outlook Express) , before in WM exporting msgs to Exchange (Outlook) "colinswood" <colinswood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD7FEA1C-813C-4DD0-8C22-860B2AABCE9E@microsoft.com... >I have a number of .dbx files I saved on an external hard drive just before > my computer died. How do ...

problem with index formula
The following fomula is contained in cell C16 and returns the correct values: =VLOOKUP(B6,'Active Clients'!$B$2:$K$954,10,FALSE) The following formula is contained in cell L18 and uses the result in C16 as a lookup value in the first "match": =INDEX(L21:M44,MATCH(C16,L21:L44,1),MATCH(M16,L21:M21,-1)) My promlem is that when I try to match on cell C16 my index formula returns an error. However, when I change the index formula to reference another cell (let's say cell D16) and I type in the value shown in cell C16, the index formula works fine. I think my problem has ...

MS Outlook Installation Problem
I have installed MS Outlook from my Office 2003 CD. When i open the program up, I cannot get to the Calender. I go to the VIEW menu and I still cannot get to the Calender. i want to use Outlook vive Outlook Express on my home computer. Any suggestions of what i may be doing wrong that wil allow me to see the calender?? Outlook 2003 and Outlook Express are two different programs. Only = Outlook 2003 has a calendar feature. What are the exact symptoms that = you see when you click on the Calendar button in Outlook 2003?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Prog...

Adobe problem
Have just installed Adobe full version 7 onto terminal server when I use Great plains and open up a document and print to screen then choose the emailto(pdf) link it comes comes up with an error telling me that if I am sending postscript fonts then to go intot the settings of adobe printer and ensure the tick box "Do not send fonts to Adobe PDF" is ticked I have ensured that the boxes are ticked but the system will not let me email this way If I choose the adobe printer and print to printer I get the option to save the pdf documnet and then the PDF will appear on the screen and I ...

Event date problem with Entourage calendar
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop When trying to add an event in the calendar, the date defaults to January 5, 2010, and won't let you change it to the current date, or the date of the day that the event is being created on. Any suggestions? Same thing happened to me when I first used Entourage calendar. I fixed it by checking the date/time set up under Apple preferences. Sure enough, the date was set wrong. Hope this helps. ...

Urgent Help Required on Excel Macro Problem
Hi there, We are facing one problem from around 2 months.Some of our users have XF_SIC.A virus found in their pc.XF_SIC.A virus generally found in excel workbook as macro virus.This virus create one excel 4.0 macro sheet with "very hidden and very protected" attributes in excel 97 workbooks which can't be removed as it is not seen.every time when infected excel 97 file opens it infect the default startup excel file(Book1 placed in XLSTART folder) and then every excel file that will be open will have infection as default file book1 infected.now our antivirus software mcafe...

Unicode Problems In Resource Files
Hi, I have the following unicode russian string in an excel document ????????? ???? ???????T when i paste it into the string table in the resource editor it comes out as follows Нас�,�?ойка иг�?�< �"а�?�"илд�"� why is this could someone help i am toatally at a deadend with this. Regards Adrian, >I have the following unicode russian string in an excel document >????????? ???? ???????T >when i paste it into the string table in the resource editor it comes out as >follows >�?а�?�,�?ойка иг�?�< �"а�?�"илд�"� Adrian, I believe the c...

spin control problem #2
How do I get the integer value of a spin control's associated edit control while in the edit control's OnEnChange function. Everytime I try to extract the data I get an exception error. If you have a problem in spin control, hire a good publicist... (sorry, I couldn't resist) First, show the code. Then say PRECISELY what you mean by "exception error", showing the exact line of code that experiences the problem. Otherwise, there is no way to tell what you've done! joe On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 07:43:21 -0700, "Z.K." <nospam@nospam.net> wrote: ...

Include top nav abr problem
Hi all, I have a website with an "Include_top" with a nav bar. This renders OK on all but 1 page on main site and subsite. http://www.gundogs-wales.co.uk/Gundogtest/Lakeside_Link.htm and http://www.gundogs-wales.co.uk/Lakeside_Link.htm I have tried removing and reinstalling the "Include_top" page to no effect. can anyone help please TIA Teriel9 Looks like you are missing the style sheet link in the head section in both pages at http://www.gundogs-wales.co.uk/Lakeside_Link.htm add <link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css" type="te...

Problem about Sample Database
Dear all, I have a MS CRM license with MSDN. I completly installed MS CRM with organization named "Adventure Works Cycle. I got 6 licenses of Suite Professtional. But when I tried to install sample database following http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/mscrm/mscrm1/m aintain/20_samdb.mspx . It was error in step of add license. I added 8JUNYZUK3U66WXTRP7WE1 and the error screen was shown "You must enter a valid license key". Please help me solve this problem. Thanks !!! dinorex "dinorex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

'Save As' hangs Excel XP 2002 SP3
I have a problem in our office. For the most part Excel works fine. We can open files and save them as long as we dont use the 'Save As' feature and try to save it to a Network Drive. Files can be saved locally then have to be copied to the Network Share. Of course my first reaction was 'Permissions Issue'. BUt each user has full access to the folder. They can right click and create a new Excel file and rename it. BUt if they open that same file then try to 'Save As' back to the same folder Excel hangs. Using the 'Save' feature works just fine. ...

problem retaining cursor on same position in subform
Hi, I have a main form with a Combobox and a subform that use to display relate record when the combobox is selected. In the subform, I have a button to open another form (frmEditCommune) for editing specific record. When finish editing and closing the frmEditCommune form, I want the subform to requery and retain the cursor on the current record. The code below did requery/refresh the content but move the cursor to the first row of the subform. Could anyone advice how to maintain the cursor to the previuos position in the subform? Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Dim strCriteria As S...

Problem with reading Reminders in Outlook 2003
Every time I start Outlook 2003 a pop-up message appears: "There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for this appointment." How do I get rid of this annoying pop- up message? I have tried to take all my reminders that I could find out of my calendar, the message still appears. What do I need to do? Has anyone experience similar problem. How do I get rid off this pop-up message. Many thanks for your help. Martin. Martin <martin@kellyville.org.au> wrote: > Every time I start Outlook 2003 a...

Email display problem
I've lost the "to" and "from" lines from the emails I've received - how do I put them back? thanks! -- Michael Abraham Toronto, Canada Put them back where, exactly? Where are they missing from? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:%23whdIyAmDHA.424@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, Michael Abraham wrote: > I've lost the "to" and "from" lines from the emails I've received - > how do I put...

Little help, 5.5 to 2k3 migration problems (long)
Hi, First post here, so I apologise in advance if I get anything too wrong, or it's too long. I had Exch 5.5 running on a Win2k domain controller, 60 odd users, some public folders, some delegate access etc. I decided to migrate the system to a Win2003 / Exchange 2k3 server, following the deployment instaurations on the CD. *Note: on further investigation on the KB, it seems that I should have run the 5.5 DS/IS constancy checker before the migration to iron out any ACL/AD issues - this wasn't done. I have also discovered that my original ex5.5 site name contained invalid character...

Problem with Query
I have a workbook that has been created which holds two worksheets. The first worksheet allows for a tick mark to be placed in a column, which will fill into the second worksheet upon a refresh of data. The problem is the process works fine on one users PC, all new data is filled in upon a refresh. However, when other users access the file and refresh data, there are 3 columns of data that do not refresh. ...

Encryption problem with Money 2004 Business
I recedntly purchased a new lap top and tried to load Microsoft Money 2004 Small Bussiness and the program refused to run. An error message appears that states that The system cannot encryt date at the desired level. All Internet Explorere and Microsoft Windows XP upgrades are in place. Any suggestions? -- Razorback Jack In microsoft.public.money, Razorback Jack wrote: >I recedntly purchased a new lap top and tried to load Microsoft Money 2004 >Small Bussiness and the program refused to run. An error message appears >that states that The system cannot encryt date at the de...

money upgrade problem with online services.
I just upgraded to Money 2005 Deluxe trial version and I can't get my accounts to work online. I go to manage online services and i click set up online services, choose the account type, select the bank, then it gives me the add a new account screen (which actually adds another account, instead of adding services to my existing account). If i try to follow through with actually putting the info in...it just hangs forever and then it fails. ...

Strange problem with EX2003
I have an Exchange 2003 server which has 11 mailboxes configured and working with no problems. I've just added a new user and can logon fine via Outlook 2003 and I am able to send and receive email to external users with this user. However if I look in our internal address book the user is not listed. Also if I grant permission for other users to read this mailbox, the other users are unable to read any of the mail in the inbox. I've tried restarting the Exchange services and the rebuild in RUS but the problem still persists. Could this be a licensing problem as I only have 5 user lice...

Problems with OutLook closing after latest Security patches
After applying MS04-011 to 014 to our Win2KProw/SP4 and Off2Kw/SP3 computers, when users exit OL, the exit splashscreen just stays, never going away. Any ideas on what to do to fix this? Thanks! ...

ISBN problem
Hi guys I'm having a problem with my product catalogue with my online store. download the catalogue to .csv file and open it in excel. When I ope the file it removes the zero from the ISBN number. (eg 07654321 become 7654321). This is becoming a big pain. Is there anyway I can prevent excel from automatically doing thi -- digital21s ----------------------------------------------------------------------- digital21st's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2957 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49274 Hi Try renam...

Multiple Problems--Possible Corruption of Local Live Program
Starting about 2 days ago, my onsite program to access Windows Live Hotmail (which I've used successfully for 9 months) has acted unstably. Here are the symptoms: (1) About half the time I start the program, my address book is missing--i.e. "contacts" show zero. The other half of the time, it does appear. (2) In responding to some emails, the enter key doesn't function. (3) I can't send a message in which I copy-and-pasted some Excel lines. The send function just hangs up. (4) When I do have a malfunction, I am sometimes unable to end the "wlmail" ...

EPSON POS Receipt Printer TM T88III problem
Hi guys, first post here and hope some of you can help or have experience I just bought a new TM88III thermal receipt printer (serial) and a serial cable from the POS-WAREHOUSE ; i am using RETAIL PLUS 2.0 download/trial version to test out the POS. I have a PC running Win XP. When I was testing the POS, I have no problems of the POS software after a transaction is done, we hit ENTER and it will print out an invoice from our inkjet printer. This mean the POS program is stable. I have gone to download the driver software A301.gk (or something like that) from official EPSON support website a...

"Name" problem with Outlook Connector
Hi, I have Outlook 2003 and have used it for years with my Hotmail account. Like many, I had to download the Outlook Connector tool recently to maintain the integration and it's worked fine with one exception. When I look at "Sent Items", everything is listed under my username. If I click on the message, I can then see the actual person it was sent to (and there were no delivery problems). But looking at my messages in the "Sent To" view, everything I've sent using Outlook since downloading Outlook Connector lists it as my username. If I log onto Hotmail...

Saving a page of my workbook.
I have a workbook that is my starting template. Whenever my macros are run I create a new page in the workbook that is setup with links to information on the other page(s). When I have the information the way that I want it, I want to do a saveas and save only the one page and I want all of my linked information to be gone. Like doing a copy and paste special, values. Or do I have to create a blank new workbook, copy the good page into it with a copy and paste special, values then do a save on this new one? Thought there may some functions of commands that would accomplish this for me. T...