Problem with Static splitter window...

Hi,

Iam trying to create splitter windows. I need my window to
be split into two rows.  And then, each of the two rows
must be further split into 2 columns. I need it precisely
like this because I need the splitter bar in both rows to
be separate and independent.

Can somebody help me find what's the problem in the
following code? It does not create the lower splitter. Any
help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shirley

BOOL CMainFrame::OnCreateClient(LPCREATESTRUCT lpcs,
CCreateContext* pContext)
{
  int nWidth, nHeight;

  nWidth = ::GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXMAXIMIZED);
  nHeight = ::GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYMAXIMIZED);

  m_Splitter.CreateStatic(this, 2, 1);

  m_Splitter.SetRowInfo(0, 2*nHeight/3, 0);
  m_Splitter.SetRowInfo(1, nHeight/3, 0);
  m_Splitter.SetColumnInfo(0, nWidth, 0);

  m_SplitterUpper.CreateStatic(&m_Splitter, 1, 2, WS_CHILD
| WS_VISIBLE, m_Splitter.IdFromRowCol(0, 0));
  m_SplitterLower.CreateStatic(&m_Splitter, 1, 2, WS_CHILD
| WS_VISIBLE, m_Splitter.IdFromRowCol(1, 0));

  m_SplitterUpper.CreateView(0, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CView1),
CSize(nWidth, 2 * nHeight/3), pContext);
  m_SplitterUpper.CreateView(0, 1, RUNTIME_CLASS(CView2),
CSize(0, 2 * nHeight/3), pContext);  //This view is
initially hidden

  m_SplitterLower.CreateView(0, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CView3),
CSize(2 * nWidth/3, nHeight/3), pContext);
  m_SplitterLower.CreateView(0, 1, RUNTIME_CLASS(CView4),
CSize(nWidth/3, nHeight/3), pContext);

  m_SplitterUpper.SetRowInfo(0, 2 * nHeight/3, 2 *
nHeight/3);
  m_SplitterUpper.SetColumnInfo(0, nWidth, nWidth);
  m_SplitterUpper.SetColumnInfo(1, 0, 0);

  m_SplitterUpper.RecalcLayout();

  m_SplitterLower.SetRowInfo(0, nHeight/3, nHeight/3);
  m_SplitterLower.SetColumnInfo(0, 2*nWidth/3, 2*nWidth/3);
  m_SplitterLower.SetColumnInfo(1, nWidth/3, nWidth/3);

  m_SplitterLower.RecalcLayout();

  m_Splitter.LockSplitterBar(true);
  m_SplitterUpper.LockSplitterBar(true);  //lock the bar
of the top splitter frame
  m_SplitterLower.LockSplitterBar(true);  //lock the
bottom splitter bar as well..

  SetActiveView((CView*) m_SplitterUpper.GetPane(0, 0));

  return TRUE;
}

0
anonymous (74722)
11/4/2003 7:19:42 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What is happening here is when you are calling SetRowInfo and SetColumn Info
you are setting the minimum size of each view in the splitter.  And the
values are very large! Don't do that!
Now as far as the dimensions you are passing to CreateView. I have yet to
see anyone be able to give meaningful numbers to this function. Because when
you are calling those functions you really don't know how big the frame is.
What I would do is use a couple of variables to save and restore the sizes
in, and for the first time assign some hard coded values that you know works
good, and that includes dimensions for the frame window.  After that save
and restore these numbers in the registry as the users runs and exits your
program.

Ali R.

"Shirley" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Iam trying to create splitter windows. I need my window to
> be split into two rows.  And then, each of the two rows
> must be further split into 2 columns. I need it precisely
> like this because I need the splitter bar in both rows to
> be separate and independent.
>
> Can somebody help me find what's the problem in the
> following code? It does not create the lower splitter. Any
> help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Shirley
>
> BOOL CMainFrame::OnCreateClient(LPCREATESTRUCT lpcs,
> CCreateContext* pContext)
> {
>   int nWidth, nHeight;
>
>   nWidth = ::GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXMAXIMIZED);
>   nHeight = ::GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYMAXIMIZED);
>
>   m_Splitter.CreateStatic(this, 2, 1);
>
>   m_Splitter.SetRowInfo(0, 2*nHeight/3, 0);
>   m_Splitter.SetRowInfo(1, nHeight/3, 0);
>   m_Splitter.SetColumnInfo(0, nWidth, 0);
>
>   m_SplitterUpper.CreateStatic(&m_Splitter, 1, 2, WS_CHILD
> | WS_VISIBLE, m_Splitter.IdFromRowCol(0, 0));
>   m_SplitterLower.CreateStatic(&m_Splitter, 1, 2, WS_CHILD
> | WS_VISIBLE, m_Splitter.IdFromRowCol(1, 0));
>
>   m_SplitterUpper.CreateView(0, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CView1),
> CSize(nWidth, 2 * nHeight/3), pContext);
>   m_SplitterUpper.CreateView(0, 1, RUNTIME_CLASS(CView2),
> CSize(0, 2 * nHeight/3), pContext);  //This view is
> initially hidden
>
>   m_SplitterLower.CreateView(0, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CView3),
> CSize(2 * nWidth/3, nHeight/3), pContext);
>   m_SplitterLower.CreateView(0, 1, RUNTIME_CLASS(CView4),
> CSize(nWidth/3, nHeight/3), pContext);
>
>   m_SplitterUpper.SetRowInfo(0, 2 * nHeight/3, 2 *
> nHeight/3);
>   m_SplitterUpper.SetColumnInfo(0, nWidth, nWidth);
>   m_SplitterUpper.SetColumnInfo(1, 0, 0);
>
>   m_SplitterUpper.RecalcLayout();
>
>   m_SplitterLower.SetRowInfo(0, nHeight/3, nHeight/3);
>   m_SplitterLower.SetColumnInfo(0, 2*nWidth/3, 2*nWidth/3);
>   m_SplitterLower.SetColumnInfo(1, nWidth/3, nWidth/3);
>
>   m_SplitterLower.RecalcLayout();
>
>   m_Splitter.LockSplitterBar(true);
>   m_SplitterUpper.LockSplitterBar(true);  //lock the bar
> of the top splitter frame
>   m_SplitterLower.LockSplitterBar(true);  //lock the
> bottom splitter bar as well..
>
>   SetActiveView((CView*) m_SplitterUpper.GetPane(0, 0));
>
>   return TRUE;
> }

0
nospam8371 (80)
11/4/2003 8:15:36 PM
I thought so. I read the documentation for GetSystemMetrics
() and found that the one that I use returns the
dimensions of the entire window and my window has a frame,
menu, toolbar.

Now, your options are good. I have been doing what you
suggested, so far. But when you hardcode, it creates
problems as you change the resolution of the monitor.
Also, Iam not allowed to use the registry.

Basically, I have no choice but to use some functions, get
the client area and compute the height and width of the
splitter windows.  I cannot use GetClientRect() in
OnCreateClient() as the window is still not created then.
So, Iam in a fix as to what to do to position my splitter
bars correctly.

0
anonymous (74722)
11/4/2003 8:34:56 PM
The getsystemmetrics gives you how big the window is typcally when it comes
up, but from past expirence it never comes up with that size. But again you
need the client area of the window not the entire window size.
The problem there is that When you are trying to get the window dimensions
the window has not been created yet. So you are getting bogus numbers.

I think I have a solution for you.  Try resizing the panels in your OnCreate
function. After your call to CFrameWnd::OnCreate() add your SetRowInfo, and
SetColumnInfo.
I did this and got an almost perfectly splitted window

if (CFrameWnd::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1)

    return -1;

CRect SRect;

GetClientRect(&SRect);

m_Splitter.SetRowInfo(0,SRect.Height() / 2,0);

m_Splitter.SetRowInfo(1,SRect.Height() / 2,0);

m_SplitterUpper.SetColumnInfo(0,SRect.Width()/2,0);

m_SplitterUpper.SetColumnInfo(1,SRect.Width()/2,0);

m_SplitterLower.SetColumnInfo(0,SRect.Width()/2,0);

m_SplitterLower.SetColumnInfo(1,SRect.Width()/2,0);

m_Splitter.RecalcLayout();

> I thought so. I read the documentation for GetSystemMetrics
> () and found that the one that I use returns the
> dimensions of the entire window and my window has a frame,
> menu, toolbar.
>
> Now, your options are good. I have been doing what you
> suggested, so far. But when you hardcode, it creates
> problems as you change the resolution of the monitor.
> Also, Iam not allowed to use the registry.
>
> Basically, I have no choice but to use some functions, get
> the client area and compute the height and width of the
> splitter windows.  I cannot use GetClientRect() in
> OnCreateClient() as the window is still not created then.
> So, Iam in a fix as to what to do to position my splitter
> bars correctly.

0
nospam8371 (80)
11/4/2003 9:03:15 PM
Hey Ali, it worked beautifully.
Thanks so much.

0
anonymous (74722)

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Problem with CFTPConnection

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Access 97 can't resize database window

About Exit and close window.
Group, I have a dialogue base application. There's an Exit button in it. Eachtime when exit the program by clicking Exit button, fun() and OnOK() executed, but if the window is close by clicking (x) on the upper-right coner, fun() will not be executed. How to make this function--fun()--executed when click (x) button on the upper-right coner? Thanks. Rather than calling your fun() from the Exit event handler, call it from the dialog closing event handler, so that no matter how it is shut down, that method is called, and so is fun(). hope that helps. Dan. "sxy7711" <sxy771...

Office installation and Windows 7

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

request to solve my problem #5

Is Outlook 2000 compatiple with Windows XP Home?
It seems to be having problems if it is... something like Outlook has experience a problem and must close. I rand the compatibility wizard, but it didn't help. Can you? Hi, I have Outlook 2000 installed on my XP Home machine and it works fine. >-----Original Message----- >It seems to be having problems if it is... something like >Outlook has experience a problem and must close. I rand >the compatibility wizard, but it didn't help. Can you? >. > Rod <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > It seems to be having problems if it is... something...

Install ActiveX on Windows XP / IE8
Hi, I created a non-admin installation package to take advantage of the new IE8 features to deploy my ActiveX control. It works perfectly on Windows Vista+ but not on Windows XP (the yellow bar is never displayed). Here is the content of my INF file: [version] signature="$CHICAGO$" AdvancedINF=2.0 [Add.Code] DbCtrlEx.ocx=DbCtrlEx.ocx [Deployment] InstallScope=user [DbCtrlEx.ocx] file-win32-x86=thiscab clsid={97012969-FEFB-4F8F-A03C-67F83D139E8F} RegisterServer=yes FileVersion=1,0,0,1 RedirectToHKCU=yes If I remove the Deployment section it works...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

How can I export the outline window from Visio?
Having typed in a lot of information, I would like to see it in a "normal" outline view in Word. Is there a way to export the text to Word or just generically? I am using Visio 2007. TIA On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 02:26:02 -0800, tewald <tewald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Having typed in a lot of information, I would like to see it in a "normal" >outline view in Word. Is there a way to export the text to Word or just >generically? I am using Visio 2007. If you want to extract all the text from a diagram then you can use our: http://www.visio-utilitie...

Printing problem in booklet format

problem opening up program/file

Money deluxe 2007 password problem
When I update my bank account transactions I get a message saying that my account was not updated because my password is incorrect. I then go into account info and have to update my password. I save the update, but then it happens again sporadically when I open Money at later times. Is there a way to fix this glitch? ...

Error: msaccess.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows
Dear all, I get error mesage "msaccess.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows" when preview report. I'm using Access 2000 and Windows 2000. Thanks. Regards, Vensia ...

"Freeze panes" settings lost after opening file in two windows
I'm using Excel 2003. I've got a big Excel file with multiple tabs. Many of them use "freeze panes" to keep headings in place. I needed to flip back and forth between multiple tabs, so I opened the file in a second windows. Now, when I save it, all the "freeze pane" settings are lost. Any suggestions? Thanks. That Freeze panes setting is assocated with a window. Maybe you're not looking at the correct window or maybe you closed the window that had freeze panes applied. I'd try: Window|Arrange|horizontal to see if you still have multiple windows assoc...

printing problems with memorized reports
We have recently been running into printing problems with our memorized reports. We will print preview a report and it will look fine on screen, then we will send to the printer, and the report print extremely small in the corner of the page. However if we go back in and re-print the report then it will print normal size on the page. We are not making any settings changes at all, and when it does this appears to just be at random. We are printing to an HP laserjet 4000 series printer that is on our network. We've used RMS with the same configuration for approx. 5 years now and ...

Reports and sub-reports problems
Dear Sirs,I have a report with 4 sub-reports.How can it be that 2 sub-reports are showing the data triple.Can someone help?ThanksKlaus I just realized. It's not due to being a subreport - it's already showing on the normal report triple data. It was not before and I did not change anything. I hope that someone can help me.Thanks Klaus"Amateur" wrote:> Dear Sirs,> I have a report with 4 sub-reports.> How can it be that 2 sub-reports are showing the data triple.> Can someone help?> Thanks> Klaus...