problem with creating mat files from C++ (visual studio 2005)

Hi,

I am having trouble creating mat files from my visual studio 2005
express. For example, the
matcreat.c file that is given as an example in the mathworks site,
produced 13 linking errors of this type:

1>Linking...
1>matcreat.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mxGetString
referenced in function _main
(...)

this happened although I set up the VC++ directories for include files
and libraries to point to the matlab\extern\include and
matlab\extern\lib\ respectively.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
ilias

PS. Some secondary questions I have:
(a) mex -setup "sees" only the lcc compiler and not the msvc as it
should from visual studio 2005. I did add the cl.exe path to the
environmental variable path but the result is the same. I recently
installed the 9.1 intel compiler, same problem.
(b)If you have played with vms isual c++ 2005, there is supposed to be
a "compile tab" in the solution manager. Any thoughts why there is not
in mine ?

0
iliast (2)
6/10/2006 6:39:37 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This is not a problem associated with "mat files" exactly. You're obviously
using some library routines from somewhere and have not included them
correctly in your project.

So the question is: What library are you using, and how are you including it
in your project?

--
Jonathan Wood
SoftCircuits Programming

"ilias" <iliast@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am having trouble creating mat files from my visual studio 2005
> express. For example, the
> matcreat.c file that is given as an example in the mathworks site,
> produced 13 linking errors of this type:
>
> 1>Linking...
> 1>matcreat.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mxGetString
> referenced in function _main
> (...)
>
> this happened although I set up the VC++ directories for include files
> and libraries to point to the matlab\extern\include and
> matlab\extern\lib\ respectively.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
> ilias
>
> PS. Some secondary questions I have:
> (a) mex -setup "sees" only the lcc compiler and not the msvc as it
> should from visual studio 2005. I did add the cl.exe path to the
> environmental variable path but the result is the same. I recently
> installed the 9.1 intel compiler, same problem.
> (b)If you have played with vms isual c++ 2005, there is supposed to be
> a "compile tab" in the solution manager. Any thoughts why there is not
> in mine ?

0
jwood (1292)
6/10/2006 5:54:33 PM
Thanks for your reply. Including these two libraries , solves the
problem.

#pragma comment(lib, "libmat.lib")
#pragma comment(lib, "libmx.lib")

Does anyone have an answer to the other two questions, namely why mex
-setup can't see the msvc compiler and why there is no compile tab in
the solution explorer?

Thanks !
ilias

0
iliast (2)

Exchange update problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

SQL deadlock problem

docmd.transfertext problem

MS Money 95 data files

Where is the workspace file stored?

cant start outlook pst file to large

Creating new attributes

adding name /creating field/query?

Trying to read XML file into dataset

Border problems

opening .bak file

Excel Problem

SOAP Exception

Reverse created rules
I inadvertantly created a rule to automatically send emails from an email address directly into the deleted files. How do I reverse or delete the rule for this sender??????? If this is Outlook then select the Tools Menu > Rules Wizard > locate the Rule and delete it, if its Outlook Express then go to Tools > Message Rules "joebzii@everestkc.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c12401c4218b$fa8e7f70$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I inadvertantly created a rule to automatically send > emails from an email address directly into the deleted &...

Please Help w/ Large Excel File
Hello everyone. I have this Excel file that has drawing text box objects in the document. When I delete a text box the attributes still are present, but just not showing. It is continually growing my file size. When I export the document to HTML after deleting all the text box drawing objects and saving the file, the text box objects still show as vtextbox elements in this file. I tried to reproduce this with a new Excel workbook but could not. I would be greatful if anyone can figure this out, as I have a lot of documents to re-create if there is no solution. Thank you. exce...

Server-Requested Client Action MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg.
Help. This error message displays when my user opens Outlook 2002. The only fix I can find is to update my exchange server.. which is already up to date. Any suggestions? ...

Outlook 2002 XP SP 3 Archive problem
Hi there I am trying to get my newly configured outlook to archive my folders. I have ust configured it to download two POP email accounts and that works fine. I have set up a set of folders below my outlook (Personal Folders / pst) inbox node and placed the relevant emails in the corresponding folders. I have gone into tools -> options -> other -> and pressed the "AutoArchive..." button -> and set the "clean out folders older than" selection boxes to "3" and "Months" and pressed the "apply these setting to all folders" button. I ...

Outlook 2007 create background
it seems that there is no way to create a stationary or theme in outlook 2007 !? Aloha ami, I wish that were true however...Tools | Options | Mail Format | Stationery and Fonts. -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > it seems that there is no way to create a stationary or theme in > outlook 2007 !? > You cannot create new stationery for Outlook 2007, but you can create = new themes. In an open message, on the Options tab, make your changes = with the commands in the Them...