Problem when converting to UNICODE, please help

Hello,
I didn't think it would be so much pain to convert to UNICODE. The problems
I have so far are:
1. I can't use atof() to convert a string to float number. Someone said to
use _tstof() (wtof()). But my version of VS6 doesn't have that (not in my
MSDN either - July2001). Someone must have done unicode at that time. What
was the solution then?
2. It is so odd that I can't use _tcsncpy() or lstrcpyn() to copy 2 strings,
eg.
    CHARFORMAT cfThis;
    LPCTSTR sFaceName;// from calling function
    _tcsncpy(cfThis.szFaceName, sFaceName, LF_FACESIZE);
The message is {cannot convert parameter 1 from 'char [32]' to 'unsigned
short *'; Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast}
cfThis.szFaceName is TCHAR[], in unicode it would have been WCHAR[], I don't
know why it becomes char[32]. Can someone help please?
3. strstream doesn't seem to work in unicode. What is the alternative?

Please help. Thanks.

XL

0
xuelong (8)
1/8/2004 9:56:08 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

    CHARFORMAT  will become CHARFORMATA or CHARFORMATW based on whether you
have the 'UNICODE' symbol defined. From the warning < cannot convert
parameter 1 from 'char [32]' >, it seems that you do not have the UNICODE
symbol defined.

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]

"XL Zhou" <xuelong@pvtprop.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I didn't think it would be so much pain to convert to UNICODE. The
problems
> I have so far are:
> 1. I can't use atof() to convert a string to float number. Someone said to
> use _tstof() (wtof()). But my version of VS6 doesn't have that (not in my
> MSDN either - July2001). Someone must have done unicode at that time. What
> was the solution then?
> 2. It is so odd that I can't use _tcsncpy() or lstrcpyn() to copy 2
strings,
> eg.
>     CHARFORMAT cfThis;
>     LPCTSTR sFaceName;// from calling function
>     _tcsncpy(cfThis.szFaceName, sFaceName, LF_FACESIZE);
> The message is {cannot convert parameter 1 from 'char [32]' to 'unsigned
> short *'; Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
> reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast}
> cfThis.szFaceName is TCHAR[], in unicode it would have been WCHAR[], I
don't
> know why it becomes char[32]. Can someone help please?
> 3. strstream doesn't seem to work in unicode. What is the alternative?
>
> Please help. Thanks.
>
> XL

0
CheckAbdoul
1/8/2004 10:12:50 PM
"XL Zhou" <xuelong@pvtprop.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I didn't think it would be so much pain to convert to UNICODE. The
problems
> I have so far are:

Just for the record, you do have both UNICODE and _UNICODE defined?

> 1. I can't use atof() to convert a string to float number. Someone said to
> use _tstof() (wtof()). But my version of VS6 doesn't have that (not in my
> MSDN either - July2001). Someone must have done unicode at that time. What
> was the solution then?

I think it'd be sometihing like...

#ifdef _UNICODE
#define _tstof _wtof
#else
#define _tstof atof
#endif

> 2. It is so odd that I can't use _tcsncpy() or lstrcpyn() to copy 2
strings,
> eg.
>     CHARFORMAT cfThis;
>     LPCTSTR sFaceName;// from calling function
>     _tcsncpy(cfThis.szFaceName, sFaceName, LF_FACESIZE);
> The message is {cannot convert parameter 1 from 'char [32]' to 'unsigned
> short *'; Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
> reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast}
> cfThis.szFaceName is TCHAR[], in unicode it would have been WCHAR[], I
don't
> know why it becomes char[32]. Can someone help please?

Could you post the smallest complete code sample required to repro this?

> 3. strstream doesn't seem to work in unicode. What is the alternative?

I don't really know but maybe this...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcstdlib/html/vclrf_sstream_header.asp

--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)
1/8/2004 10:22:23 PM
Have you ever succeed to work with Unicode
just try this AfxMessageBox(L"Hello Unicode"); // don't forget the L before
". See compiler flag (check _UNICODE is defined)

1) Have you really tried to call _wtof ? (don't forget underscore! ). Don't
also forget to include <stdlib.h> or <wchar.h>

2) You want to copy a WCHAR* into a char*, it cannot work. Why char[32]?
there has to be something to do with the way you have declared your
szFaceName.you need to convert sFaceName in char* before like this :

char szFaceName[32];
wcstombs(szFaceNamen, sFaceName , sizeof(szFaceName) );

and only after you can do :
_tcsncpy(cfThis.szFaceName, szFaceName, LF_FACESIZE);

3) No idea

Hope it will help you a bit

If it really doesn't work you can try these functions but in my opinion it
is better
"XL Zhou" <xuelong@pvtprop.com> a �crit dans le message de
> Hello,
> I didn't think it would be so much pain to convert to UNICODE. The
problems
> I have so far are:
> 1. I can't use atof() to convert a string to float number. Someone said to
> use _tstof() (wtof()). But my version of VS6 doesn't have that (not in my
> MSDN either - July2001). Someone must have done unicode at that time. What
> was the solution then?
> 2. It is so odd that I can't use _tcsncpy() or lstrcpyn() to copy 2
strings,
> eg.
>     CHARFORMAT cfThis;
>     LPCTSTR sFaceName;// from calling function
>     _tcsncpy(cfThis.szFaceName, sFaceName, LF_FACESIZE);
> The message is {cannot convert parameter 1 from 'char [32]' to 'unsigned
> short *'; Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
> reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast}
> cfThis.szFaceName is TCHAR[], in unicode it would have been WCHAR[], I
don't
> know why it becomes char[32]. Can someone help please?
> 3. strstream doesn't seem to work in unicode. What is the alternative?
>
> Please help. Thanks.
>
> XL

0
vsix (54)
1/8/2004 10:27:06 PM
Yes, I do have UNICODE and _UNICODE defined in Project
settings->preprocessor. Is this a wrong to define it?

XL

"CheckAbdoul" <checkabdoul at mvps dot org> wrote in message
>     CHARFORMAT  will become CHARFORMATA or CHARFORMATW based on whether
you
> have the 'UNICODE' symbol defined. From the warning < cannot convert
> parameter 1 from 'char [32]' >, it seems that you do not have the UNICODE
> symbol defined.
>
> --
> Cheers
> Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]
> -----------------------------------
>
> "XL Zhou" <xuelong@pvtprop.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > I didn't think it would be so much pain to convert to UNICODE. The
> problems
> > I have so far are:
> > 1. I can't use atof() to convert a string to float number. Someone said
> > use _tstof() (wtof()). But my version of VS6 doesn't have that (not in
my
> > MSDN either - July2001). Someone must have done unicode at that time.
What
> > was the solution then?
> > 2. It is so odd that I can't use _tcsncpy() or lstrcpyn() to copy 2
> strings,
> > eg.
> >     CHARFORMAT cfThis;
> >     LPCTSTR sFaceName;// from calling function
> >     _tcsncpy(cfThis.szFaceName, sFaceName, LF_FACESIZE);
> > The message is {cannot convert parameter 1 from 'char [32]' to 'unsigned
> > short *'; Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
> > reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast}
> > cfThis.szFaceName is TCHAR[], in unicode it would have been WCHAR[], I
> don't
> > know why it becomes char[32]. Can someone help please?
> > 3. strstream doesn't seem to work in unicode. What is the alternative?
> >
> > Please help. Thanks.
> >
> > XL

0
xuelong (8)
1/9/2004 12:09:51 AM
> Have you ever succeed to work with Unicode
> just try this AfxMessageBox(L"Hello Unicode"); // don't forget the L
before
> ". See compiler flag (check _UNICODE is defined)

This compiles fine.
But it dosen't link. because:
"msvcrtd.lib(crtexew.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_WinMain@16"
What is going on here?

> 1) Have you really tried to call _wtof ? (don't forget underscore! ).
Don't
> also forget to include <stdlib.h> or <wchar.h>

I did, it was undefined.

> 2) You want to copy a WCHAR* into a char*, it cannot work. Why char[32]?
> there has to be something to do with the way you have declared your
> szFaceName.you need to convert sFaceName in char* before like this :
>
> char szFaceName[32];
> wcstombs(szFaceNamen, sFaceName , sizeof(szFaceName) );
>
> and only after you can do :
> _tcsncpy(cfThis.szFaceName, szFaceName, LF_FACESIZE);

cfThis.szFaceName should have been WCHAR[32] in unicode. But it didn't.

Help please.

XL

0
xuelong (8)
1/9/2004 12:28:02 AM
Okay, I'm convinced. I have no idea what you should do about the missing
_wtof. Although the downloadable PSDK appears to contain the source code for
it. The CHARFORMAT thing happens because 'AfxWin.h' catagorically #defines
_RICHEDIT_VER to 0x0100, and the SDK header 'RichEdit.h' only #defines
CHARFORMAT to CHARFORMATW when _RICHEDIT_VER is >= 0x0200. I can get it to
compile by doing...

#include <afxwin.h>         // MFC core and standard components
#undef _RICHEDIT_VER

....in 'StdAfx.h', but I don't know enough about MFC's expectations to say
what side effects giving it the higher version value will have.

Lastly, the linking problem you mentioned in another reply is solved by
adding 'wWinMainCRTStartup' to the Project->Settings->Link->Output->Entry
Point Symbol box.

--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)
1/9/2004 2:28:11 AM
Thanks, Jeff.
Would you mind sending/posting  _wtof() source code? I could download PSDK,
but I would have to install it to see that, right? I am afraid that the new
PSDK may mess up the old one.
I did try to #undef _RICHEDIT_VER and/or re-def it to 0x0210, but it causes
some third party component I use to break down. There must be something else
using the def. I may use CHARFORMAT2 instead of CHARFORMAT to overcome the
problem. But it requires many changes.

XL

> Okay, I'm convinced. I have no idea what you should do about the missing
> _wtof. Although the downloadable PSDK appears to contain the source code
for
> it. The CHARFORMAT thing happens because 'AfxWin.h' catagorically #defines
> _RICHEDIT_VER to 0x0100, and the SDK header 'RichEdit.h' only #defines
> CHARFORMAT to CHARFORMATW when _RICHEDIT_VER is >= 0x0200. I can get it to
> compile by doing...
> #include <afxwin.h>         // MFC core and standard components
> #undef _RICHEDIT_VER
>
> ...in 'StdAfx.h', but I don't know enough about MFC's expectations to say
> what side effects giving it the higher version value will have.
>
> Lastly, the linking problem you mentioned in another reply is solved by
> adding 'wWinMainCRTStartup' to the Project->Settings->Link->Output->Entry
> Point Symbol box.
>
> --
> Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
xuelong (8)
1/9/2004 2:55:02 AM
> Thanks, Jeff.
> Would you mind sending/posting  _wtof() source code? I could download
PSDK,
> but I would have to install it to see that, right? I am afraid that the
new
> PSDK may mess up the old one.

Boy, I'm pretty sure 'wtof.c' isn't redistributable that way. FWIW, I have
and use VC6 with the Feb 2003 PSDK installed and first in the include/lib
path without issue, but I don't know which one you're relying on. And as
always: YMMV.
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)
1/9/2004 3:28:17 AM
When you install VS6 you also need to install the unicode lib I think. It is
not done by default.I have never found it myself but I read that it is
somewhere on the VS6 cd

> > Have you ever succeed to work with Unicode
> > just try this AfxMessageBox(L"Hello Unicode"); // don't forget the L
> before
> > ". See compiler flag (check _UNICODE is defined)
>
> This compiles fine.
> But it dosen't link. because:
> "msvcrtd.lib(crtexew.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> _WinMain@16"
> What is going on here?
>

> > 1) Have you really tried to call _wtof ? (don't forget underscore! ).
> Don't
> > also forget to include <stdlib.h> or <wchar.h>
>
> I did, it was undefined.
>
> > 2) You want to copy a WCHAR* into a char*, it cannot work. Why char[32]?
> > there has to be something to do with the way you have declared your
> > szFaceName.you need to convert sFaceName in char* before like this :
> >
> > char szFaceName[32];
> > wcstombs(szFaceNamen, sFaceName , sizeof(szFaceName) );
> >
> > and only after you can do :
> > _tcsncpy(cfThis.szFaceName, szFaceName, LF_FACESIZE);
>
> cfThis.szFaceName should have been WCHAR[32] in unicode. But it didn't.
>
> Help please.
>
> XL

0
vsix (54)
1/9/2004 8:24:35 AM
Mostly this comes about by not writing Unicode-aware code. You should not call atof, which
only works on 8-bit characters; you should always call ttof. Never use char * in writing
code; use LPTSTR. Your version of VS6 has it; it is defined in tchar.h. Note that you need
to install the Unicode libraries; most of the Unicode support did not install by default.
Just go to Add/Remove programs, select Visual Studio, and go into the install wizard and
add various Unicode-based options for libraries and such (while you're at it, install the
C runtime source code as well; it is useful to have around).

Note that you must specify both the UNICODE and _UNICODE preprocessor symbols (one
controls the C library, one controls the WIndows library, and if you don't specify both,
you would get errors like the one you have cited). strstream is part of the standard C++
library, which sucks as far as Unicode support is concerned, since it is still living in
the early days of C++ (and hasn't grown up). I suggest avoiding anything like this. It is
one of the several reaons I avoid the "standard" C++ library. It lives in some weird world
that never heard of Unicode.
					joe

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 14:56:08 -0700, "XL Zhou" <xuelong@pvtprop.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>I didn't think it would be so much pain to convert to UNICODE. The problems
>I have so far are:
>1. I can't use atof() to convert a string to float number. Someone said to
>use _tstof() (wtof()). But my version of VS6 doesn't have that (not in my
>MSDN either - July2001). Someone must have done unicode at that time. What
>was the solution then?
>2. It is so odd that I can't use _tcsncpy() or lstrcpyn() to copy 2 strings,
>eg.
>    CHARFORMAT cfThis;
>    LPCTSTR sFaceName;// from calling function
>    _tcsncpy(cfThis.szFaceName, sFaceName, LF_FACESIZE);
>The message is {cannot convert parameter 1 from 'char [32]' to 'unsigned
>short *'; Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
>reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast}
>cfThis.szFaceName is TCHAR[], in unicode it would have been WCHAR[], I don't
>know why it becomes char[32]. Can someone help please?
>3. strstream doesn't seem to work in unicode. What is the alternative?
>
>Please help. Thanks.
>
>XL

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
1/12/2004 2:19:23 AM
> It is one of the several reaons I avoid the "standard" C++
> library. It lives in some weird world that never heard of Unicode.
Only a small correction: this is true for the old MS implementation.
Not true for other implementations or for the ones in VS.NET 2002 & 2003

So, it is not about C++, is about MS's C++
But I also have to admint they are not so guilty.
At the time VS6 was released, the C++ was not really an approved standard.
Why do I think MS is somewat guilty? Because it did wait for such a long
time before releasing something better.

Mihai

Problem replicating public folders from 2000 -> 2003 after migration
Hi all We have almost finished migration of our existing Small Business Server 2000 - Exchange Server 2000 (Build 6249.4 SP3) to a new server running Windows Server 2003 (v5.2.3790) and Microsoft Exchange 2003 Enterprise (Build 7226.6 SP1). Migration of mail has completed successfully but we are having a major issue replicating public folders and system information (eg. Offline address book) to the new server. Replication is set up as per microsoft KB article Q307917 and now (several hours later) we are seeing the following under the replication status: Server Name Replication Sta...

HELP!!! Can't Apply Payment for Posted Invoice while Unposted in C
One user was entering in a transaction in the Sales Transaction Entry Window. She had not saved or put the transaction in a batch. The power went out, and she started up the computer when the power come back. She could not see the transaction in the Sales Transaction Entry for that Customer. She could see the transaction in the Collection Main window for that Customer but in the Unposted Sales. I tried to view the transaction from the SmartList but it is says it has been posted. So the user goes ahead and post thru the GL from the Series Post window. She still can not view t...

First post, need help guys!
Hi to all, I pasted together the below attachment. Can anyone help me with it. I need to know how to start a second grap 55% of the way up the original graphs axis. http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/Moxy1980/graph.jpg PS. I cant get the pic bigger but can mail if you leave a reply on th thread. Thanks again -- Moxy198 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Moxy1980's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2807 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47583 Moxy The second set of dat...

PROBLEMS CLOSING OUTLOOK
When I close down Outlook it looks like it closes the normal way but when I go to shut down my computer I ALWAYS get an error box that pops up and says: end program - OUTLOOK.EXE Then I click on end program and it says it can't end program and the computer shuts down. ?????????? Please HELP!!! Please post your Outlook version when posting to this group. There are currently 5 versions and 7 modes of Outlook so making us guess is not nice. :) Common reasons why Outlook does not close cleanly (depends on versions also) 1. PDA docked and set to synch continuously 2. Fax softwar...

IS & IMC Problem.
Hi all, We are getting following error in exchange 5.5. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIMC Event Category: Internal Processing Event ID: 4116 Date: 4/1/2004 Time: 9:35:12 AM User: N/A Computer: HYDMAIL2 Description: An error was returned from the messaging software the Internet Mail Service uses to process messages on the Microsoft Exchange Server. It is possible that the piece of mail being processed at the time will be returned to the sender as a failed delivery instead of being delivered. The message will be moved to the "BAD" folder, if possible, a...

folder browsing
vb.net I want to use a system dialog to return the path to a folder the user selects. I need the ability set the default folder and create a folder too. It would also be helpful from a less clicks stand point if the default folder could be expanded so the user doesn't have to. I found FolderBrowserDialog which does what I want except for a few things. It does not expand the default folder which is a problem because if the user creates a folder, a new folder is created named "New Folder" beneath the default folder but since the default folder is collapsed, the ...

Division help? #2
In MS Excel I would like to show a quotient in three separate columns such as 16/3 = 5 + 5 + 6. Can this be done? Please let me know a.s.a.p. I can't deduce the logic you are applying here. Can you post some more examples of what you want to input and how you would like the output to appear? Pete If you put 16 in A1, you can put this in B1: =int(a1/3) you can put this in C1: =b1 you can put this in D1: =a1-b1-c1 clayblay wrote: > > In MS Excel I would like to show a quotient in three separate columns such as > 16/3 = 5 + 5 + 6. Can this be done? Please let me know ...

Excel 2007 convert into tab delimeter text file with extra tab spa
Hi , Sub: I have excel 2007 trying to save as tab delimeted text file having an issue. I have saved my excel 2007 as separate Tab delimited Text files. I see extra tabs stored in the tab delimited text files. But when I do the same with excel 2003 it works fine there is not extra tabs stored in my tab delimited text file. My excel 2007 conveted to tab delimited text file looks like as shown below(Extra two tabs at the end of the each record). Data0<Tab>data1<Tab><Tab> Data2<Tab>data3<Tab><Tab> Appreciate your help in advance. Rega...

Rule Problem
I'm using Outlook 2003. I've created a rule that will check for a specific email account first then check the Subject and then move it to a specific folder. Example: if it's from blah@blah.com then check if the subject is Blah then move it to folder Blah. The folder that this rule is moving the messages from the inbox to is a folder within another folder. It is creating duplicate messages that end up in the Parent folder & the Sub folder. I don't have move a copy selected in the rule there for it really shouldn't be creating a duplicate message. How do i ge...

Stack Charts? ? ? Please help
I am trying to produce a stack chart with a difference ! I Have got a list of depots which i want to analyse and four columns containing data (bit like below). Basically i want two stack "bars" for each depot. Depot, Days Outstanding, Turnaround Time, Ttl Tickets Opened, Cust - Planner 1-231 3 1 3 1 1-922 2 1 2 1 I want days outstanding and turnaround time in one stack and then the second stack will be the remaining two columns side by side. Is this possible ? ? ? Or should i add this to the list of questions for Bill? -- twiggy ---------------...

request to solve my problem #3

com session problem
i keep getting problems when trying to excute a com session object i have followed the customization guide word for word but still get the same problem sya it can not excute it at the POS. i have called it by the dll name then the class name in manager for example dllname.classname and it does not work. i'm only using the example code given in the guide i'm doing this in VB6. Have you registered the DLL using regsvr32? Rob "Tom Platinum systems ltd" <TomPlatinumsystemsltd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCD80C2D-8724-402F-9AF5-3123B7BF08B0@micro...

Dynamic Chart :S please help me !!!
Damn , I'm getting so confused with this so please help!! This is what I want to do. I've got one databasetab with this column : week1 week2 week3 week4 object1 3 4 5 45 object2 43 34 43 43 object3 88 554 object4 and so on. Now ik want on another Sheet a box where I can fill in the wee number and than a chart wil show only the numbers of that week as: WEEK # 1000 500 0 -----------------------------------------------------------------...

Oulook 2002 Rules Wizard Problems
I am running Office XP and use Oulook 2002 (SP3) with an Exchange server. I am a remote user and was initially setup to have new messags delivered to my local PST file. After people in the office complained about not being able to see my calendar, I changed the delivery of new messages to the standard server based mailbox with offline folders. Additionaly I have a server based rule to rediret all internal email to my PDA. Now everytime I launch Outlook I recieve the following message: "You are creating a rule that will be incompatible with versions of Outlook earlier than Outlo...

Critique a function to convert time, please
I have a bunch of data representing time intervals that come from a database application. The intervals vary from a few seconds to several years. The database (MySQL) stores time intervals as fixed point numbers in units of seconds. Reading the values in seconds is unnatural (a year is ~31.5E6 seconds), so I wrote a little UDF to convert the seconds to more natural units. The conversion is: Value Units <60 seconds Seconds <60 minutes Minutes <24 hours Hours <99 days Days Otherwise Years I chose 99 days as the threshold betwe...

Thank you for some wonderfull help
Hi all Just a word of much appreciation to 2 wonderfull guys (Oliver Moazzezi and Mark Arnold) for helping me to implement RPC over HTTP.Specially Oliver who really replied everytime i posted. You are stars and made my lifE alot easier. now i can help some other administrators also who i know is struggling to implement this wonderfull feature of exchange. thanks once again guys. The only "sort of " error i still get is that "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from your exchange server" but i assume its because i'm working from a "not so fast wireless conne...

Excel Font Problem
Every time I enter a number <1 into my Excel worksheet, it prints in white which is too hard to see. I have the font set at black. How do I get ALL the numbers to print in black One thing to possibly check: 1. Tools > Options > Color and try Reset. HTH Select those cells and see what Format>Conditional Formattting reveals. Sounds like you have a setting that whites the font on values <1 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 08:09:04 -0700, Heather S <Heather S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Every time I enter a number <1 into my Excel worksheet, ...

Autofilter problem #2
I have this quite annoying problem with autofilter because I work with large lists very offten. I read somewhere that autofilter is limited to 1000 rows. Is there a solution for this? Using custom filter doesn't help too much. Thanks. Hi see http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany dustystorm wrote: > I have this quite annoying problem with autofilter because I work > with large lists very offten. I read somewhere that autofilter is > limited to 1000 rows. Is there a solution for this? Using custom > filter doesn'...

Need Help... 03-07-10
I have two tables TblEmp and TblEmpService with a common field EmpID. TblEmp has the fields: EmpID, EmpName and Site. A form is attached to this table to enter new or edit existing employee. TblEmpService fields are : EmpID, EmpName, ServiceType,Site..etc I made a form based on TblEmpService in which all the fields is there from tblEmpService. What I want is that if I put Employee ID in the EmpID text Box the Employee Name should come in the EmpName text Box from the TblEmp. Also this Emplyee ID should store in the TblEmpService. Thanks & Regards, hi Nad, On 07.03.201...

Exchange disaster recovery help
I was wondering I have a client thats wants to have a disaster recovery site where if site A goes down site B will be able to handle his mail needs. My real question is can exchange some how replicate the data store to a 2nd site so that site B will have all of the same data in case of a disaster? I know I can do clustering but that would be in the same physical location not in seperate location if I am not mistaken. Any ideas would be great you can also do stretch clustering, which is geographically spanned cluster nodes in different locations...but it is quite expensive and the replica...

Links Problem
I have a spreadsheet which contains links to other spreadsheets on m PC. When I send the spreadsheet to a friend and they open it and clic "Don't Update" they get errors where the linked formulas are. I thought that as long as you didn't try to update the links th spreadsheet should be OK and look the same as when it left m computer. HELP !!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad -- Hibbste ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Hibbster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3016 View this thre...

in Excel 2000 how do I convert text to numbers?
I imported files from Wells Fargo and I want to convert them from text to numbers...so far nothing is working! thanks Jo Dee One method...... Format all as General. Copy an empty cell(also formatted as General). Select range of numbers. Edit>Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc. One other method......... Select range of numbers and Data>Text to Columns>Finish Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:53:06 -0800, Jo Dee <Jo Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I imported files from Wells Fargo and I want to convert them from text to >numbers...so far nothi...

More info on my Microsoft Query problem.
I am using Microsoft Query to extract data from one Excel file to another. The query is set to return all the information for one specic order number. It does successfully return all the information except for the information listed under one of the columns. It lists and see the column but does not return the actual informmation. More specifally, it is the item price. Item price is written at the top of the column but the actual pricing is not extracted. And I went into Microsoft Query help and followed the instructions. The file is closed, and the data is formatted the same way. A...

RWW, VPN, Exchange connection problems
Running SBS2003 on an HP server. 3 PCs used by onsite staff. 4th PC used for remote access via RWW. Having intermittent connectivity issues. I sign in remotely using an XP workstation w/RWW. I have another PC that I use to access Exchange, and occasionally connect with VPN to access files on the server at the office. I keep getting dropped on RWW with the error "VBScript Remote Desktop Disconnected. An internal error has occurred". When that happens, I also notice that my Oulook client on the other PC shows an error that the connection to Microsoft Exchange has ...

Outlook 2007 help problem