problem loading regular MFC dll written in VC++7 but loading from

Hi,

I developed a dll in VS.Net 2003 (VC++) and am trying to use it in a system
that loads this dll using simple LoadLibrary() and then calling a couple of
exported C sytle functions. This system, call it loader, is written in VC++ 6.

The problem i'm seeing is that if I run on my machine that has VS.Net2003
installed on it everything works fine but when i move to another machine
where theres no VS enviroment my dll is not loaded by the loader. I cant see
the error message from within the loader as i dont have access to the loader
but the call to LoadLibrary fails for some reason.

The loader comes packaged with the mfc42dlls. I have installed .Net
framework 1.1/2.0, manually copied mfc71.dll, mfc71d.dll, msvcr71.dll and
mscvcr71d.dll to the system32 dir. Am i missing some other files?

Any ideas much appreciated as i'm out of them.

0
MSB (6)
3/6/2007 9:22:22 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It is your responsibility to see that all the necessary libraries are installed with your
app.  This is why there are installer programs.  You should not be copying the *d.dll
files because those are not redistributable.

A call to LoadLibrary does not fail for "some reason"; it fails for a very specific
reason, and it is your responsibility to call ::GetLastError() and determine that reason.
This will often tell you what went wrong.

You nmight download my whereis utility from my MVP Tips site; it uses the same logic that
the OS uses (including changes due to service packs and local configuration settings) to
discover where a given library is found.
					joe

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 01:22:22 -0800, MSB <MSB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I developed a dll in VS.Net 2003 (VC++) and am trying to use it in a system
>that loads this dll using simple LoadLibrary() and then calling a couple of
>exported C sytle functions. This system, call it loader, is written in VC++ 6.
>
>The problem i'm seeing is that if I run on my machine that has VS.Net2003
>installed on it everything works fine but when i move to another machine
>where theres no VS enviroment my dll is not loaded by the loader. I cant see
>the error message from within the loader as i dont have access to the loader
>but the call to LoadLibrary fails for some reason.
>
>The loader comes packaged with the mfc42dlls. I have installed .Net
>framework 1.1/2.0, manually copied mfc71.dll, mfc71d.dll, msvcr71.dll and
>mscvcr71d.dll to the system32 dir. Am i missing some other files?
>
>Any ideas much appreciated as i'm out of them.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
3/6/2007 1:52:43 PM
Its very likely the cause is one of the missing dependent DLLs. You can use
Depends.exe on the target machine and see which of the DLLs is missing.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"MSB" <MSB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I developed a dll in VS.Net 2003 (VC++) and am trying to use it in a
system
> that loads this dll using simple LoadLibrary() and then calling a couple
of
> exported C sytle functions. This system, call it loader, is written in
VC++ 6.

> The problem i'm seeing is that if I run on my machine that has VS.Net2003
> installed on it everything works fine but when i move to another machine
> where theres no VS enviroment my dll is not loaded by the loader. I cant
see
> the error message from within the loader as i dont have access to the
loader
> but the call to LoadLibrary fails for some reason.
>
> The loader comes packaged with the mfc42dlls. I have installed .Net
> framework 1.1/2.0, manually copied mfc71.dll, mfc71d.dll, msvcr71.dll and
> mscvcr71d.dll to the system32 dir. Am i missing some other files?
>
> Any ideas much appreciated as i'm out of them.

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Problems with creating a newsletter

CSV File Problem

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

Month problem

Rounding Problem

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Offline folder problems #2

OLK 2k7

outlook 2k2 problem

Mother of a sumproduct (ish) problem!

Hyperlink problem #3

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Spam is a big big problem
Spam is a big big problem ...

MFC project with my classes
I have got a project that uses MFC. I want to expand the functionality of the project by adding a few of my own classes to it. But I don't know where should I create objects of my new classes so that I can access them, I know the WinMain function resides in CWinApp class and my project has a class inherited from the CWinApp class, but where should I define my own objects I can't figure it our. Can anybody help? Adrian wrote: > I have got a project that uses MFC. I want to expand the functionality > of the project by adding a few of my own classes to it. But I don't > kno...

Problem with Database Wizard

Strange problem
We have been rolling out new Windows 7 workstations (all new computers) at work over the last few months and a strange problem has developed. Prior to Windows 7 we were using Windows XP with Office 2007. The problem is, we have a workbook which uses a UserForm for filling in all required information. Prior to rolling out the new Windows 7 workstations, the workbook and UserForm were working flawlessly (for over a year) and they still work flawlessly on the first 3 Windows 7 workstations but on the last 2 workstations we rolled out if you open the UserForm and leave it open for ...

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

HELP! Outlook POP3 problem(s)

TABSTOP problem
I have a dialog where in depending on the selection from a combo box, the controls below are going to be different. For doing this I have put a static control in the place where I am going to show different controls. I have created different dialog templates for each option. Consider the case of particular option, say "MySQL". Corresponding to this option, there is a dialog in resource, the style of which is child and no border. I have added a class for this dialog called CMySQLDialog. Inside CMySQLDialog there is a function called CreateFromStatic which takes parent and ID as parame...

Problem displaying expected results with CString
I am writing a MFC program to import data from a single table database into a normalized database with numerous tables. The first component opens a recordset object to the database and performs some basic tests on the field value, and the plan is to write the records out to a spreadsheet that fail to meet any of the criteria defined for the field. Along with writing out the record, I want to populate a comments field describing what failed. I have tried to implement this with a CString variable; I initialize it to a blank string each time a new record is examined, and then as each field is che...