Problem in showing dialog boxes from a regular dll

Hi,
I had a MFC application to be used as icon window
(hidden). Also I had a regular MFC DLL exporting
functions that will show MFC dll. All these functions are
calling the AFX_MANAGE_STATE macro and PreTRansalte
message is implemented. If the functions are called from
any exe they work as expected even calling from my tray
icon app is alright.

Now I have merged some the resources (dialogs and string)
of tray icon into my dll. Still tray icon works fine.
There is another console application that calls my
resouce dll to display dialog boxes as well and it also
works fine.

Now if my console application and tray application both
are running together then calls from console application
are not able to display the dialog box.It hangs and goes
in the infinite loop in the MessagePump() method .

Since my console app is the multithreaded application I
thought it would be due to worker thread at a time I
changed all of them to CWinThread but same problem

I also tried to change the resouce handle in dll to the
handle of dll module in InitInstance/constructor but no
difference. I am stuck and have no clue what is
preventingfor teh dialog box to come when console is
calling while tray app is simply up.

Thanks for your consideration in advance.

Regards,
Ashok

0
akmishra (1)
12/19/2003 4:37:14 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Active Directory problems/dcdiag
I have some problems when i do dcdiag. In the directory service I have a lot of Event IDs 1865, 1311, 1312. I tried a lot of articles on the MS Websites, but still can't figure out how to resolve the problem. We have two locations connected over the internet with two VPN servers. One of the sites has a slow 5MB DSL connection. Also notice the Time service error at the end. Any help is appreciated. Domain Controller Diagnosis Performing initial setup: Done gathering initial info. Doing initial required tests Testing server: Location1\MyServer1 Starting test: Connecti...

Exchange 2k Journaling Problem
The company I work for is going to be moving locations in the next couple of months and, due to the move and several other factors, our email server will be down for a couple of days. As a stop gap measure, we have contracted with a 3rd party, Front Bridge AMC, to handle the email for us during that time period. The Front Bridge AMC maintains 30 days worth of email for each user and allows web access to their email, similiar to OWA. Email that arrives from an external source (hotmail for example) destined for the company I work for is captured, as is internal email destined for outsi...

Problem with connecting automatically
I have a little problem with my Outlook. When I start the program it doesn't connect automatically anymore, I have to wait for about a minute. I've tried to change the setting in Tools>Option (General tab/Send recieve mail) but with no luck. ...

MSCRM 3.0 importing Chinese character problem
Hi, I use MSCRM 3.0, when importing, found the original Chinese character be changed to odd code, how can I solve this problem? ...

'missing' pubole32.dll
Is there any way to access/download the pubole32.dll file needed to run MSPUB without the original CD? My hard drive crashed and although I was able to back up the app and install it on my replacement hard drive, the program won't run because 'the required pubole32.dll' can not be found. I can't find the original app CD and there doesn't seem to be any .dll files at all on my MS Office app CD, system recovery CD or C:/ backup CDs. I can't access some really important docs I created in MSPUB. Help! You can download it here http://www.ezgoal.com/channels/develope...

Import Problems in Feb 2010
I am using Money 2006, I have 4 accounts that I import transactions to. Two regulary banking accounts work fine. Two credit accounts will no longer import transactions. Actually they import and the account shows there are items to review but the transactions are not visible in the account. I tried deleting the account and re-importing jan/feb but after importing jan, the feb items import ok and 19 items are listed for review but none of them are visible again. I tried deleting again and just imported Feb. A few items came in but not everything and then I could not import J...

New to Access 2007
Hi, I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?) MDB. I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tables, forms, etc. But when I select a form, I can only open it; the option to Design the form is greyed out and the entire Forms tab in the Ribbon is greyed out too. Help! Thanks much, Glenn "Glenn H" <glenn@pivotal-z.com> wrote in message news:1187024333.492672.70330@q4g2000prc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?) > MDB. I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tabl...

Pivot table chart problem, How to show different subtotal levels
Hi, Using Excel 2003, I have a pivot table using external data via ODBC. I have a chart based on my pivot table. The table and chart are working correctly. The PTcontains two levels of sales subtotals 1st level is by county 2nd level is by state. My client is telling me that the data in the chart is too detailed. He wants to have the both levels of subtotals in the PT, but only the county subtotals in the chart. If I delete the county sales subtotals from the chart, they are also deleted from the PT. Is it possible for the chart to be based on the PT and not show ...

Changing password problem
my users are not able to change their outlook passwords from their computers. I am running Exchange 2000, the clients are running Outlook 2000 and XP, on Windows NT/2000/and XP. Any ideas Eric Are your clients use exchange version of outlook or POP version of outlook? "Eric Graham" <egraham22@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:#Nl0C$$nEHA.800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > my users are not able to change their outlook passwords from their > computers. I am running Exchange 2000, the clients are running Outlook 2000 > and XP, on Windows NT/2000/and XP. Any ideas >...

text box #7
I have created a text box, but when I type in something, and hit enter, I get the error message "REFERENCE NOT VALID". Please help. Thank you We require some more details. Where have you created the textbox, in the sheet or a userform. Are you using the control from the Control Toolbox menu. Are there any macros you are using. Mangesh "Marlis" <Marlis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C6C6F42-E6CB-4DEB-BB46-C8F923A343C0@microsoft.com... > I have created a text box, but when I type in something, and hit enter, I get > the error message "...

How to create a CLR DLL for Sql Server 2005? Is it just any .net class library that you can load into Sql Server 2005 or is there some special project type that I need to start with?
How to create a CLR DLL for Sql Server 2005? Is it just any .net class library that you can load into Sql Server 2005 or is there some special project type that I need to start with? "DR" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uJRyKcbFIHA.3980@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > How to create a CLR DLL for Sql Server 2005? Is it just any .net class > library that you can load into Sql Server 2005 or is there some special > project type that I need to start with? > You can do it all "by hand" but there is a template "SQL Server project&...

Cell Formating Problems
This is what I do: I open up a brand new worksheet. I format cell A1 to text. Then I enter the number 1 into it. Then I format the cell to Numeric and the 1 in the cell does not change. it stays as (left justified 1. If I delete the 1 and type a 1 into that cell and hit Enter, it become 1.00 (a number). Whats happening here??? Why doesn't it convert the 1 to a 1.00 when format the cell to numeric? Why do I have to re-enter the number -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com brain It was originally entered as Text. Simply re-formatting doesn't change its underlying ...

Reply Problem #2
Can anyone tell me why when you REPLY to any email message, a number "7319" or equivalent appears in the "To" field? This just started happening to some systems with fresh installs of Office 2003/Windows XP. Thank you in advace... ...

Outlook 2003 Time problems
Hello, There are various emails that I receive that aren't getting the time marked correctly in Outlook even though my system time clock is set correctly. I check the time of the emails and there 1 hour behind. Any solutions? Is daylight savings time configured correctly? Also verify that this is set correctly for both the sender and the mail server. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jessem" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Serious Word Problem
Today my WORD 2007 suddenly refuses to recognize and open either doc or docx formatted files. With doc files I get the error message converter cannot open the document and it talks about converter file mswrd632.wpc needing to be removed and reinstalled. As for docx it says word can't read the information in the file. I am suspicious because of the large number of recent microsoft updates. Can anyone help with this? Hi, Many users are encountering this problem. See the "Known Issues" section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973904 . -- Hope this helps, Pes...

Problems in viewing Report
Hi we have installed the SQL and CRM in 2 different servers, running on win 2003. I face a problem when viewing reports as it keeps popping up dialog box for username and password which when not given gives a "page cannot be displayed" error. can anybody let me know why the logon request for report section is prompted. I tried to fiddle around with report section datasource, by selecting various options and it works only when a AD user is given in the credential section, since the user's password is prone for expiry, it will be risky to give that option. This is because i...

Very strange laptop battery problem?
my laptop is a HP CG60-243CL and its about 7 months old. Whenever i would put my battery charger into my laptop it says "plugged in, not charging" this is when it's on. Most particularly it has a blinking LED light on the charging icon (Lightning bolt icon). However, when i charge it when it's put on shutdown/sleep/hibernate the LED light (The lightning bolt icon) has a solid white light. So therefore it is charging. Does anyone know the reason why my laptop is acting this way? -- gamobigz -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Win2008 R2 Hyper V problem
Hi, I have virtualised a win2003 server that has SQL server 2000 running on it. The parent OS, WIn2008R2, blows up intermittently with a BSOD when the VM is running. I have removed the empty SCSI device from the VM as I read that can cause the problem but it still blows up. Is there any chance that Hyper V can be made to run reliably or am I just wasting my time? Thanks Bob bob wrote: > Hi, > I have virtualised a win2003 server that has SQL server 2000 running > on it. > > The parent OS, WIn2008R2, blows up intermittently with a BSOD when > the...

Publisher 2003 Not Showing Graphics (Pictures)
OK, this is just too weird. Two computers, both running Publisher 2003. On #1, all graphics load and everything is fine. On #2, all of a sudden [last week] *SOME* of the pictures stop showing up, replaced by placeholder with red 'x'. So what happened last week? Why some pictures and not others? I emptied out temp folders, switched the "View" settings for pictures, but I'm not sure what to try next. Any suggestions? Wayne Day wrote: > On #2, all of a sudden [last week] *SOME* of the pictures stop showing > up, replaced by placeholder with red 'x'. > ...

Exchange Server Problem (I need help)
Hello to you all! The medical clinic I work at has a network. We all have our own email address. Mine, for example is lpeacock@elcardiologist.com. The problem is this. I can send out email as much as I want and they go where I need them to go. However, when anyone attempts to send any of us email, to our work, we don't get them. Now we had experianced some MAJOR problems recently in the past to where the actual IT lady had to set everything back up because things just went down. So our email accounts worked without any problems. But now, we can't recieve anything from an...

problems with tabs
after installing service pack one for Office XP I lost all my tabs in a previous publication. I put them back in and the next time I opened it, they were missing again. The tabs stops are there, just not the tabs only a few spaces. Appears to be a problem with no resolve. -- Hi Wilma (wfreshwater@jam.rr.com) in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || after installing service pack one for Office XP || I lost all my tabs in a previous publication. I put them || back in and the next time I opened it, they were missing || again. The tabs stops are there, just not the tabs only a || few ...

On closing application ntdll.dll is crashed
Hi all, I am getting crash in ntdll.dll just after CDialog::OnOK(); function. It is not getting crashed everytime. Application is multithreaded, but it is after i have added new thread. In that I am using vector list and also maintaining the criticalsection and thread proc close event. Now, in constructor i m setting NULL to all handles and initialize critical section and for stopping thread i m setting close event and my thread is comeout for waitForMultipleObject and returning. I am not terminating thread/exitthread. As i have read in msdn not to do this in c++. need to first return from th...

Lookup Problem #2
Hello, I use this formula to sum numbers. I am trying to use the same formul to return text. What do I have to replace sum with? {=SUM(IF(A2>=Sheet2!$E$1:$E$51,IF(Sheet1!A2<=Sheet2!$F$1:$F$51,Sheet2!$G$1:$G$51,0)))} Thanks Gre -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi thre's no such build-in function. How do you want to 'Sum' text values?. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Gbonda >" <<Gbonda.19r3p8@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Gbonda.19r3p8@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hello, > > I use this form...

Search/Lookup Problem
Hi, I have a large list of invoice numbers, for which there can be more than 1 set of data, and I have no other value that could be used as a lookup value etc. Given something like: Col A Col B Row 1 123354 20 Row 2 114868 1235 Row 3 123354 400 Row 4 123354 546 Row 5 194583 2 How could I get separate sheet to lookup the invoice numbers in Col A, then return the respective Col B value, without returning the same number twice, eg 123354 20 123354 400 123354 546 114868 1235 194583 2 Any help would be greatfully received. Cheers Simon "Si...

Problems sending email #2
Ok I can't quite figure out what the problem is with why I can't send emails. If I do a test email through the email account setup it goes through fine. When I send an email this is the error message that comes up. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test email Sent: 2/3/2007 3:57 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'djc122984@aol.com' on 2/3/2007 3:57 PM 553 Sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts. It does this no matter what email address I send a message to. I...