Problem in setting Substitutes fonts to CButton

I developed an MFC application. It is setting fonts properly. But it is not
setting fonts for Substitutes fonts like Arial CE, Arial CYR in Windows 2000.

Also same font is working fine in edit box.

Please let me know if you have any solution to it.

Regards,
Ganapathi
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Setting and removing imagelist in CListCtrl
I am trying to figure out how to set, replace and remove an imagelist for a CListCtrl at runtime. If, during the creation of the CListCtrl, I set an imagelist, using SetImageList(), I am able to remove it using RemoveImageList(). But, the list control appears to still leave some space between the edge of the control and text items for an image of some kind (in report mode). Also, after removing the image, I am not able to re-set it. If I do not set an imagelist when creating the control, the text items appear next to the left edge of the control (in report mode). But, I am not able to...

Problem inserting a node with a namespace
This is so silly I must be doing something wrong! I need to insert (using VB.NET) a new node in a DOM; node has a namespace. I first create, under programme, basic structure, starting thus: <rdf:RDF xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" xmlns:prism="http://prismstandard.org/namespaces/1.2/basic/" xmlns:pcv="http://prismstandard.org/namespaces/1.2/pcv/"> Then I attempt to add a node with rdf namespace prefix. My call in skeleton is: CreateElement("rdf", "subje...

problem carrying over values
I have one form that has a button I''ll call it form1. The button looks at a text box for an ID and if its null it opens form2 and creates a new record in form2. If the text box is NOT null, it will go find the ID that's in the text box and filter it in form2. When the new record is created in form2, I need the ID to be put into the NULL text box in form1. I know how to do this however, if you open form2 on its own, then the error msg comes up that it can't find form1. I know why I'm getting this error, but don't know the fix for it. Is there a work around? Thanks...

Realteck 5.1 (6 channel) sound problem
Hi, I have finally got round to connecting all my speakers up to my fairly new PC. I have a Soundblaster desktop 5.1 speaker system and my new mobo, aa ASrock N68PV-GS, has 3 rear connectors for the onboard Realtek ALC662 system. I connect up my 3 cables, Front Green to Green on the mobo, middle black/blue and the centre/bass pink/orange to the mic in. The Realteck control panel objects to this mic connection. No matter what I try I get everything via the two front speakers. All is set up to 5.1 in the control panel, I have checked all my cables are well seated and in good ...

License Problem
I have networked two macs and purchased and installed two copies of Office:Mac (2004). I now find that my second mac is reading the license info off the first one and not allowing me access on the second one. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software on the second mac at least a dozen times, then discovered Microsoft's instructions "Error message when you try to start an Office 2004 for Mac program: "Microsoft Office 2004 is already in use". So I followed those instructions at least a dozen times to remove the Office 2004 for Mac licensing information and it has not...

Problem with code that inspects thread context and dumps stack trace
Hi! Some years ago, I had to debug a Java application that had a deadlock problem. It wasn't so hard, because I've been told about a JVM command (now, I don't even remember how to activate it!) that dumps the status of all threads in an app, including "what they are waiting for" (locks). Now I'm in the "real" world of C++, Win32 applications and MFC (no virtual machines around!). We have many multithreaded applications: what if some bug causes a dedlock, e.g. in a test scenario? We must inspect it, and I'd like to have a tool to simplify my life. Does s...

Blinking font
I have a textbox in form. That box -the font- must flink sometimes -depending on the form content- in order to get the user's attention. How can I accomplish this? Are you certain you want to do this? Not only do many users find it extremely annoying, there have been cases of people with epilepsy having convulsions caused by flashing text. If you're sure you want to do it, set the form's TimerEvent to an appropriate value (it's the number of milliseconds between event firings, so if you want to flash once a second, you'd set it to 1000), then put code in ...

How to change Menu font in Outlook 2007?
Hi I hate new ClearType font in outlook2007, i can turn off Cleartype and change mail font, but cant change Menu font, now it use Segoe or Calibri without ClearType and it look awful. Thx No, it always uses Segoe UI. Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP] -------------- http://pschmid.net *** Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80 Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR): http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43 *** Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer OneNote 2007: http://pschm...

Problems adjusting to XP
I'm a moderately experienced user with two complaints: 1) I accidentally set the 'recently used file list' to zero, and I meant one. In the Options or wherever it is, now, the box is grayed out and I can't get it re-set to 1. Halp!! 2) 97% of my work is with mini-databases which I prefer to have in Excel, and the new Excel keeps reminding me and scolding me for having text labels which appear to be numbers [duh!!] And it scolds me when I sort. How can I tell Excel to stop treating me like an idjit? -- Regards, P D Sterling www.pdsterling.us 1) No Idea 2) Tools>...

cut/copy and paste forumla problem help
i am currently using the correlation formula to test on a large set of data: e.g. CORREL(IGR!C233:C262,IIA!C233:C262) IGR and IIA - they are a pair of data i place in 2 different worksheets, each has set of data, and I need to pull the data of C233 and C262 in IGR and IIA worksheet and I have many pairs in different worksheets E.G. RMR and RHR so I copy the forumla above and hope can only manually adjust the symbol from IGR and IIA to RMR and RHR when I copy it shift the number down =CORREL(IGR!C242:[/B]C271,IIA!C242:C271) from C233 to C242 and C 262 to C271 and I would have to ma...

Setting Column Width on Imported Data
Hi all, I would like to know if it is possible to set the column width of a column I am importing to Excel from Access. I need this column for what I'm doing in the Excel file, but I don't want it so wide, or would even like it hidden. Problem is everytime the data gets updated the column goes back to really wide. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Lori. ...

How to change page number font/color
I have inserted page numbers into a 30-page document using the Insert command. How may I change the font size and color of the numbers. Ideally I'd like to create a number with a line above it. cuig wrote: > I have inserted page numbers into a 30-page document using the Insert > command. How may I change the font size and color of the numbers. Ideally > I'd like to create a number with a line above it. You can change the format of your page numbers just like the format of any other text. Ctrl+M to get to your master page, select the number, then change the font...

Problems with customizing styles in the Tracking Gantt
Hi, I want to modify the appearance of critical tasks in the Tracking Gantt but somehow it doesn't work. When I open the Bar Styles dialog, I select the first row (Show for "Normal, Critical" tasks, From - Start, To - Finish). I want to change the default pattern to be tick since when I print the chart the critical tasks almost do not appear. However, when I choose another pattern nothing changes. There is another funny thing. When I double-click a particular task, I see under the Bar Text tab that it shows Baseline Duration to the left and % Complete to the right....

Forum Navigation Funtionality Problems
I am having great difficulty navigating the Excel forum. For example when I clicked on the forum link to "Excel general questions" IE returns the error that the page cannot be found. I have found that if I first click on an Outlook forum and gain access to it, and then click on "Excel general questions" I will gain access immediately. After posting a question to the "Excel general questions" forum, and receiving an email response, the link in the email to the thread took me to an error message that the page was not found. I then navigated manually to the f...

Please Help strange problem
Hope someone can help with this after downloading a small excel file from a dealer site that is a genereated report, I can download it as an excel file, upon doing so and pasting it into my working sheet I end up with this � with the two dots above it at the end of the text in every cell, and when it is removed some cells change for example a cell which has a long number for a serial number will shorten as well where do I start the excel version is 2000 blacklabhfxnospam@hotmail.com remove no spam ...

RichEdit font size.
I have a windowless rich edit and am streaming in some RTF from the clipboard. Word stores the font sizes as half point units whereas the ITextDocument seems to treat them as full point units. The result is that my pasted text is twice as big as it should be. Is this a bug in RichEdit20.dll and does anyone know how to fix it?? Cheers, MATT I have never seen this before! Are you sure that your zoom in Word is set to 100%?? Ali R. "MattDodd" <m_j_dodd_work@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:08d301c3d912$47cad620$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a windowless rich edit ...

cannot see my names of fonts in publisher
Im hoping someone out there can help me. All of a sudden I can't see my font names in the drop down box. I right click the move bar and click customize to ensure that box stating "list fonts in font box" is clicked. What is my problem? Help?? You need to apply the service pack(s). http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Shannon Thompson" <sthompson76@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:00c901c36805$4ae98910$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Im hoping someone out there can help me...

Public folders changes problem
Hi On Exchange 2007 I created public folder named "IT" and inside a calendar called "IT calnedar" that is used for all events in our IT department. It's strange when our secretary adds events into this calendar and mark them with different colors (categories) these changes (the right color for each event) are only shown in Outlook 2003 or OWA, but in Outlook 2007 all colors are mixed up. We all have Outlook 2007 in IT department, so we all see wrong colors, but when I try to log-on through OWA or with a test machine that has Outlook 2003 installed everything is O...

CRM setup problem
Installed CRM product on Win 2000 SP3, SQL 2000 SP2 box. Install seems to have gone well. Later following reboot, when I brought up the CRM client in web browser mode, none of the drop down lists work on any of the pages like System Options or User Options. I get web page errors saying CLASS NOT REGISTERED. How can I correct this? I am able to do other things in the web client like add users, business units etc, just nothing that requires using a drop down list. ...

Font property in Excel VBA causes 100 % CPU loop
I am using Excel 2002 SP-2 on a Windows XP machine running a Pentium 4 2.8 GHz processor with 1 Gb RAM. When building a VBA userform, whenever I click on the properties box to change the font size for e.g. a label or textbox caption, Excel starts another process (i.e. I see another Excel process on the Windows task bar) and consumes close to 100 % of my CPU. The first couple of times I tried this, Excel eventually brought up the font properties window (after more than a minute). The third time I tried this, I had to crash Excel via Windows Task Manager. At the time of trying to change the ...

OWA Calendar problem
Our orginization is using Exchange Server 2003 1 -backend 2 -Front end servers. We are experiencing an sproradic issues with calendar updates. The owner of a meeting will issue an update to a meeting it will update the calendar in the Outlook Client but will not update in OWA. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated "=?Utf-8?B?QmVuIFNoaXZlbHk=?=" <BenShively@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:CBC4CF1E-DC5C-4DC7-A388-7ED964DDD270@microsoft.com: > Our orginization is using Exchange Server 2003 1 -backend 2 -Front end > servers. We are experiencing an spr...

Simple Rounding Problem
How can I make the number 27.9864 look like 27.9900? I've tried a few things and am doiwn to VB stuff which I don't quite understand so any help would be appreciated. Lisa, If you want to change how a cell is displayed, with the number is in cell A1, the formula =ROUND(A1,2) in another cell, formatted for "0.0000", will show as you desire. If you want to change the number, the macro lines ActiveCell.Value = Application.Round(ActiveCell.Value, 2) ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "0.0000" will change the activecell's actual value. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP &quo...

how do i set up microsoft office outlook account
I'm trying to set up an microsoft outlook 2003 account, but i don't understand the terms used in questions, such as: pop3 email, what do i type in space. What is incoming serverpop3, & outgoing server smtp & what do i type in space provided? I assume you do have a mail account setup with somebody ( HotMail/Yahoo etc), if not you will have to create one. Most of them are free! If you have an account, or have just set one up. Log on to their site with your browser and search the help for something like "Using Outlook" and there should be a page telling you what ...

Already solved my MS Money problem
I've been using MS Money for years, so I was disappointed when I found out that MS was discontinuing the software. The way I solved the problem is I downloaded and installed personal finance software onto my linux based machine, so now, not only am I running a totally free operating system, I'm running totally free software. It may not have all the bells, whitsles, and eye candy that MS Money has, but it's just as, if not more reliable. And there's no one who can arbitrarily decide to discontinue it. "Jim" <Jim@discussions.micr...

Excel Conditional Formula Problem #2
undefined::undefined::undefined My e-mail address is retrofit03@yahoo.com. Thanks for your help -- wilson3141 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- wilson31416's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1628 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27686 ...