Problem in List control

Hi All,

I am having few difficulties in handling list ctrl which are as follows

1.  Our requirement is to display images as thumbnail view with the text
     underneath the image.  We are using CListCtrl with ICON option and
using
     imgaelist for display of images.  Images could be of any number.
Problem :     A border should be drawn around the item if its selected.
Size of the border should be same of size.  We are using GetItemRect() to get
the rect and drawing the border.  But the border is not coming as size.  Rect
size varies depends on the Text length.  Is there any way to get rid of this
problem ?  Is there any way to specify the ICON width and height including
the text ?

2.  Another problem in displaying the text completely in the view.  If the
text is more than 30 characters then only part of the text is visible.  But
when the item is selected was able to see the complete text.   Even without
selection we should be able to view the text.

It would be really greatful if some one could help me out of the above
problems!!!

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Pushpa

0
Pushpa (4)
12/1/2004 10:33:06 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Oulook Express 6 Connection problem
Recently, I am having serious problems not being able to secure a connection when sending e-mail via Outlook Express6. I am getting a Cannot find server message Number 0x800cccCO131. Many times, Outlook disconnects altogether and I frequently get a "Can't Find Page" message for either Inbox, or Sent folders although in some instances thhe message disappears and the folder appears as I wsitch folders. This is all very disconcerting and affects my business as well as costing many hours of lost downtime. Need help fast (before I lose my mind--or business). Stan Bodner Hi - ...

trying to export .aba file from Palm Desktop to .csv file and having problems with irregular characters
I'm getting these odd square characters in my notes section of the .csv file which I think are carriage returns in palm desktop that are unrecognizable to excel. Any idea how to eliminate them? Here's a pic of what they look like" http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=howtoeliminatesquareseu6.jpg > I'm getting these odd square characters in my notes section of > the .csv file which I think are carriage returns in palm desktop that > are unrecognizable to excel. Any idea how to eliminate them? > Here's a pic of what they look like" I hate to ask what...

How do I control where the new message window appears?
Whenever I create a new message the associated window appears with the maximise button off of my desktop. How do I change the default position of the new message window such that all of it is visible on my desktop? Resize and position it accordingly and hold CTRL when press the X to close the window. This should force storing the location and size of the window in the registry. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, R...

Email view control
Is there a way to control wether an email is printed or screen shot? i need some way to prevent an email form being forwarded printed or screenshot. any ideas? Wow. I don't know of anything that will plug the analog hole like that...(screen to eyes). EVen if sent encrypted, it has to be un-encrypted at some point..... we could hack the retinal nerve, and send the image directly to the brain.... <neondemon@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1170876046.268523.217910@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to control wether an email is printed or screen shot? i >...

not in list event procedure
Please i need anot in list event procedure to help me update a table A with values i need to add. i.e i have form F which updates data in table T no probs. The control source is ok bu i reset the rowsource to a list in Table A. no probs. however i need Table A to add any new data that i may have to put on the list. Deron Here some that I used to an aiport code to a tbl_cities when the code that entered was not in the drop down list. I also used the GOT FOCUS event of the drop down to update the list with the new entry see coding below. Private Sub select_port_NotInList(NewData As ...

How do I produce a mailing address list in excel in comma format?
I am trying to send a mailing list to another business. I was asked to send it in excel and in comma format. How can I do this? Hi save your file as '*.csv' file -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "frojeff" <frojeff@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:827653C1-2F5C-40A2-9517-26CAA1C162D6@microsoft.com... > I am trying to send a mailing list to another business. I was asked to send > it in excel and in comma format. How can I do this? File|SaveAs and look for "CSV (comma delimited)(*.csv)" Each worksheet needs to be saved ...

Problem with Table Column Not Expanding
I've got text in a table column that extends beyond the visible edge of the column. It appears that Word 2007 is not actually extending the table as it should but stops right at the page break. On the Table tab of Table properties, make sure text wrapping is set to None. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "David C. Holley" <David.C.Holley> wrote in message news:%23IRfeJbgKHA.5564@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I've got text in a table column that extends beyond the visible edge...

offline sync problem
Yesterday I had a customer's 8 register system lose internet connectivity, so all the registers went off-line. They are using RMS 1.2 SR3 on a SBS Professional 2003 Server with XP SP2 registers. When internet connectivity was restored today, all but one of the registers sync'd. On the register that did not, the last transaction in the batch was at about 7:40pm yesterday. No transactions were recorded after that time. I manually took the register off-line today and could not find any batch or blind-closed batch with any transactions after 7:40pm. I also checked, via MS Acce...

dashed line printing problem
Hi, I am having problem in printing charts which has dashed lines. Whenever I make a graph which has dashed line instead of solid line, on the computer screen those lines appears to be dashed but when I print the graph those lines come to be solid. I believe it's bug in excel. I was reading and microsoft suggest installing service pack 3 for the office to get the problem rectified. I installed the service pack but the problem still persists. Can somebody help me if he know the work around with this problem. Prashant ...

Problems with a form in Access 2000
Hello all, We are using Windows 2000 pro with Access 2000. We are having this problem on one machine only. There is an input form that has a memo field in it. When the guy tries to hightlight some text in that memo field, it highlights the whole memo field as soon as he clicks in it instead of letting him choose what data to highlight. Sticky keys are not on, on his machine, I checked that. The database has a front end and a back end and he is working in the front end. To make the problem go away, he has to restart his machine. What could possibly be the problem? Thanks, GMC ...

Bound control to sum fields
Hello, I need to make a control that takes the sum of other text boxes on a form and enters it into a field in the database. I can make an unbound control that sums the fields (e.g. [field1]+[field2]+...) and displays it to the user, but I need the data to actually stay in the record. The problem here is that I put the sum formula in as the control source, which prevents me from having a field as the control source. How can I make a bound control that automatically takes the sum of other controls on the form? Thanks, Craig slythe39@gmail.com wrote: >I need to make a control that take...

Database is not listed in ODBC to default
Hi! I am trying to create a ODBC and default the Database in order for this ODBC to use in Crysral Reports, but I could see all Databases except the one I am looking for. I am using Windows Authentication and Namedpipes in the settings and necessary access has been given in SQL for this Windows user. I've tried even creating a new ODBC, it doesn't show the database that I'm looking for. Does any one experienced this before? Regards, Venkata N M Punugu If you are using Windows authentication, make sure the Windows user is added to the database. -- Charles Allen, MVP ...

Multipage, controls-collection and events (XL2003, VBA)
Dear Group, I have a Userform with a Multipage control, which is dynamically filled with textboxes and comboboxes using Controls.Add like this: Set aTextBox = aUserForm.aMultiPage.Pages(strCurrentRegister).Controls.Add("Forms.TextBox.1", "txt" & strText, True) Set aComboBox = aUserForm.aMultiPage.Pages(strCurrentRegister).Controls.Add("Forms.ComboBox.1", "txt" & strText, True) This is working fine, but what I miss is any way to assign eventhandlers. Is there any way to do this? If not, I could use existing controls, which...

calender problems
By mistake I imported(old Schedule plus import) another user's calender into my outlook (I meant to just look at his calender). Now, of course, "people" (I still have this in testing mode) so no big deal, yet) think they are looking at my calender instead of his. How can I fix this? Also, his admin assistant has to view his calender, however, she has to use another Exchange server and you can't use two Exchange servers. Since I screwed up the import, viewing her boss's calender(in OWA) is impossible. Please advise. "amyb" <amy@npsg.ncifcrf.gov> wr...

problem with header rule...
i seems to have a problem with only one rule type.. i have a rule that says to permanently delete any mail which contains certain words in the header.. i also have the same basic one for words in senders and recipients names... but on those rules i have no problems with it just checkin the perm. delete only, but on the header rule it turns on the stop processing more rules checkbox automatically if i have the perm. delete on... i dont want the stop one on.. just the perm delete... for now i just moved this rule to last place so it is the last one to process anything ayways, but i wou...

Problem with Outlook 98 Not Closing
We have some clients who recently began running Outlook 2003 over dialup RAS without any problems, but when they use a LAN or dialup connected machine with Outlook 98, the Outlook client won't fully close unless they manually close it with task manager or logoff or restart the machine. A dialog stating that Outlook is exiting remains on the screen and doesn't disappear. The problem began once they started using Outlook 2003. Interestingly enough, Outlook 97 exits without any problems. Does 2003 make some changes on the Exchange server that cause Outlook 98 to try to run some...

Update Problem 06-28-10
Recently, I downloaded & installed updates by going to the Windows Update site -- just like I regularly do, . The update process went fine -- all updates were installed. NOW, however, the program (Acronis) that I regularly use to backup my hard-drive crashes with a BSOD specifying a kernel error. I guess that I will have to UNinstall these updates to be able to run that program. Is there any way I can find out which update is causing the problem so I only have to UNinstall only one of these updates? I use WinXP Pro SP2. On 2010-06-28 2:52 p.m., MN wrote: > Rece...

Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close
After un-installing Norton Internet Security using Add/Remove Programs I get the message "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close" when trying to run Outlook. I have tried removing all account info, running with /safe etc, reinstalling office xp, reinstalling Windows 2000 but still cannot start outlook. Any ideas anyone??? ...

Get a list of files on network drive
I have a slight problem getting a list of files that exist on a network drive. I have two ways of doing it that are both slow (~10 minutes). I am only interested in one folder and not subfolders and there are only about 5,000 files in this folder. At a command prompt with a dir command the list of flies is displayed in less than 10 seconds. when I add the switch to write to a text file it takes about 10 minutes using. dir /b >filelisting.txt I also tried putting this in a bat file on the network drive but it still runs locally using cmd.exe So I tried in VB using this code which takes ...

Randomly selecting items from a list given their statistical likelihood
I have one solution, but it's rather cumbersome. I could create a lis 10,000 long with each unique item maintaining its relative percentag (to 4 decimal places) then putting =RAND() and selecting the highes number for each selection (60 in one of my cases) then run thi several hundred more times for an adequate sample size on which t _begin_ my analysis. Initially I figured I could simply multiply percentage of occurrence b a rand() number and take the maximum there 60 times repeatedly. Howeve it quickly became evident that I was dually weighted by the percentag (i.e. the ratio of th...

List of PDK users, Managers, Supervisors
I've searched in PDK and BP and can't find a report, or query that lists my PDK employees and their supervisor/manager. Does any such thing exist? ...

Problem with XmlSerializer
When i make a call to XmlSerializer xs = new XmlSerializer(System.Type.GetType("myobject")); I get this error Key cannot be null. Parameter name: key what is the cause of this? <jw56578@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1126047360.427054.306130@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > When i make a call to > > XmlSerializer xs = new XmlSerializer(System.Type.GetType("myobject")); > I get this error > Key cannot be null. Parameter name: key > > what is the cause of this? > Don't use a string...use an object XmlSerializer xs = new XmlS...

Problem when trying to make initially invisible a dialog base app
Hi all.. I programmed a dialog based application that shows an icon in the traybar. Since all functionality is made from a menu shown when user clicks on that icon, I want the dialog to be invisible at startup. I tried it by using SetWindowPos(........., SWP_HIDEWINDOW) and ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) API's in OnInitDialog method but always the dialog is shown. What can I do? Thanks Jaime > > I programmed a dialog based application that shows an icon in the traybar. > Since all functionality is made from a menu shown when user clicks on that > icon, I want the dialog to be inv...

Problems with CString (Conversion from VC6 to VC2005)
Hi all, I have converted a project from VC6.0 to VC2005 (MFC). Now I have a compiling problem. Following error: error C2079: 'myString' uses undefined class 'CString'. CString should now be a template in place of a class. By another project theres is a forward declaration of 'class CString'. I get the following message: error C2371: 'CString' : redefinition; different basic types Thats an indication for the template, but what do I have to do to compile my project again. Regards, Matthias looks like a header file path issue. It seems that when you compi...

Address space problems on IMC ( Exchange 5.5 )
We have several IMC's but we want emails from certain outside domains to use a particular IMC, and not all of them, but have this IMC only process emails for this domain ( it sends it all to a smart host ).... We have configured address space on all IMC for this outside domain, have set the cost higher on all IMCs beside the preferred one, but it still seems to only use the * address space. If we set the cost higher for the * address space on that particular IMC, all emails for all domains including one listed in the address space goes trough other IMC's... If we set the * addr...