Problem displaying string data in Edit box

Hi,

I am trying to display a CString in an Editbox. In the dialog, I have
set the edit box to multiline, read-only, auto vertical scroll and
want return. I set the Edit box with the CString variable when a
serial handler occurs.

The serial handler code is obtained from http://www.codeproject.com/KB/system/serial.aspx
and have integrated into my main dialog.

I have created a edit box variable in my dialog and create a member
variable within the main dialog window. When the serial handler is
called, I store the serial message into the CString variable and use
SetwindowText() to display the string. The only problem, I don't seem
to be able display the full string apart for an intermittent first
character.

I have debug the program with the break point at the CString variable
that stores the serial data and the watch window shows the correct
full string.

Paul

0
eziggurat (4)
11/13/2008 8:43:10 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It seems to me that you posted this question twice - I posted a possible
answer in the more recent thread.

Giovanni

<eziggurat@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to display a CString in an Editbox. In the dialog, I have
> set the edit box to multiline, read-only, auto vertical scroll and
> want return. I set the Edit box with the CString variable when a
> serial handler occurs.
>
> The serial handler code is obtained from
> http://www.codeproject.com/KB/system/serial.aspx
> and have integrated into my main dialog.
>
> I have created a edit box variable in my dialog and create a member
> variable within the main dialog window. When the serial handler is
> called, I store the serial message into the CString variable and use
> SetwindowText() to display the string. The only problem, I don't seem
> to be able display the full string apart for an intermittent first
> character.
>
> I have debug the program with the break point at the CString variable
> that stores the serial data and the watch window shows the correct
> full string.
>
> Paul

I wonder if you have an extra NULL char in your CString.  You could look at
it with the memory debugger and see what is actually in the CString.  It is
difficult to know without knowing the contents of the CString.  Also, if you
have a variable for the control then you need to call UpdateData(false) to
update the control (I assume you're doing that, but just in case).  If you
call SetWindowText() then somewhere else an UpdateData() is called it will
replace what you set there previously.

Tom

<eziggurat@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to display a CString in an Editbox. In the dialog, I have
> set the edit box to multiline, read-only, auto vertical scroll and
> want return. I set the Edit box with the CString variable when a
> serial handler occurs.
>
> The serial handler code is obtained from
> http://www.codeproject.com/KB/system/serial.aspx
> and have integrated into my main dialog.
>
> I have created a edit box variable in my dialog and create a member
> variable within the main dialog window. When the serial handler is
> called, I store the serial message into the CString variable and use
> SetwindowText() to display the string. The only problem, I don't seem
> to be able display the full string apart for an intermittent first
> character.
>
> I have debug the program with the break point at the CString variable
> that stores the serial data and the watch window shows the correct
> full string.
>
> Paul

0
tom.nospam (3240)

CSV File Problem

Problems with creating a newsletter

Month problem

Rounding Problem

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Offline folder problems #2

OLK 2k7

Display of UML State Transition Event
Dear Group, I am attempting to use the UML Statechart with a couple of states and a transition between them. I select properties, Events, Change Event type, say, and can see ChangeEvent1 in the property window but... ....when I Ok back to the drawing the ChangeEvent1 is not displayed by the transition. I can enter actions in a similar way and they are displayed. How cna I get the event visible too in the drawing? Surely this is the most important aspect of a transition i.e. what caused it, regards, Colin Smith ...

outlook 2k2 problem

Mother of a sumproduct (ish) problem!

Hyperlink problem #3

Customer check data