Printing Multiple copies

Hello,

How can I instruct the printer to cache my pages and print multiple copies
of them, rather than send the same information over and over to print
multiple copies?

I am forgoing the MFC Printing Architecture due to some specific printing
issues.

and using the following: Logic in my OnPrint:

   for(i = 0; i < dlg.GetCopies(); i++)
   {
       DrawStuff(&dcPrinter);  //DrawStuff() does some logic than calls
OnDraw()
   }

When I print ONE page of my graphics to the printer, my app sends out 5MBs
of info.
When I print TWO pages, it sends out 10MBs of info.  (Double)
I need to send out like 40 pages, but find it problematic (very slow) to
have 200MBs of info to go to my printer.

0
PinHead1 (35)
7/7/2004 11:42:49 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

PinHead,

You might want to use ResetDC with the DEVMODE dmCopies set to the desired
number of copies. You'd have to get the original DEVMODE with
CPrintDialog::GetDevMode first.

Johan Rosengren
Abstrakt Mekanik AB

"PinHead" <PinHead@somedomain.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Hello,
>
> How can I instruct the printer to cache my pages and print multiple copies
> of them, rather than send the same information over and over to print
> multiple copies?
>
> I am forgoing the MFC Printing Architecture due to some specific printing
> issues.
>
> and using the following: Logic in my OnPrint:
>
>    for(i = 0; i < dlg.GetCopies(); i++)
>    {
>        DrawStuff(&dcPrinter);  //DrawStuff() does some logic than calls
> OnDraw()
>    }
>

> When I print ONE page of my graphics to the printer, my app sends out 5MBs
> of info.
> When I print TWO pages, it sends out 10MBs of info.  (Double)
> I need to send out like 40 pages, but find it problematic (very slow) to
> have 200MBs of info to go to my printer.

Johan Rosengren,

Excellent! That did it.
I am very grateful for your attention in this matter.

Thank you so much!!!!

"Johan Rosengren" <johan.rosengren@telia.com> wrote in message
> PinHead,
>
> You might want to use ResetDC with the DEVMODE dmCopies set to the desired
> number of copies. You'd have to get the original DEVMODE with
> CPrintDialog::GetDevMode first.
>
> Johan Rosengren
> Abstrakt Mekanik AB
>
> "PinHead" <PinHead@somedomain.com> skrev i meddelandet
> > Hello,
> >
> > How can I instruct the printer to cache my pages and print multiple
copies
> > of them, rather than send the same information over and over to print
> > multiple copies?
> >
> > I am forgoing the MFC Printing Architecture due to some specific
printing
> > issues.
> >
> > and using the following: Logic in my OnPrint:
> >
> >    for(i = 0; i < dlg.GetCopies(); i++)
> >    {
> >        DrawStuff(&dcPrinter);  //DrawStuff() does some logic than calls
> > OnDraw()
> >    }
> >

> > When I print ONE page of my graphics to the printer, my app sends out
5MBs
> > of info.
> > When I print TWO pages, it sends out 10MBs of info.  (Double)
> > I need to send out like 40 pages, but find it problematic (very slow) to
> > have 200MBs of info to go to my printer.

0
PinHead1 (35)

Summing Values using multiple criertia
Does anybody know a formula I could use to sum a range of values based on multiple criertia? Example: Division Type Wage Bulk Driver 200.00 Bulk Admin 400.00 General Admin 500.00 Bulk Driver 100.00 I want to sum the wages for Divison "Bulk" & Type "Driver". How can I do this??? Thanks! Jane =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A4="Bulk")*(B2:B4="Driver")*(C2:C4)) If there are lots of such totals, you may want to consider a pivot table rather than formulas. On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:14:27 -0700, "Jane" <anonymous@dis...

Copy and Paste not saving format changes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, I just bought Microsoft Office for Mac early this month and am still getting used to it. Can someone help me with this: I have several documents typed onto a notebook layout with lots of bullet points, color changes, cross outs and the like. I wanted to copy and past all of that into a new document but when I did ALL of the formatting changes were lost. There were no bullet points, so the text flushed left, yada, yada, yada. I looked around the toolbar to try and find a setting that would allow me to do the cut an...

EzPaste-xl2ppt Excel add-in, automating the copy/paste of charts and data
Hello, This is to notify about the release of EzPaste (http:// www.EzPaste.net), an Excel add-in intended to completely automate the transfer of charts and data from Excel to PowerPoint. EzPaste identifies automatically all the charts and the tables defined in the active workbook. The user then selects which of them he wants to paste to PowerPoint=AE , and EzPaste does all the work, would you have to paste one or one hundred tables/charts at once Even if you have to paste the selected range or chart, EzPaste does it with the click of a button Sorry if this message is a bit advertising, b...

Multiple user names at one bank or brokerage
I have 3 accounts at one bank. I have 3 corresponding accounts set up in MS Money 2007. One of them is setup for online banking while the other two are not. I now want to set the other two up for online banking but I can't find a way to specify the unique login info for each of the other two accounts. ...

Defaults on Print Sales Documents screen
Is there a way to set defaults on the boxes selected under the Picking Ticket column on the Print Sales Documents screen? Currently when we open the screen, we have to select which boxes to tick and since we always select the same boxes we wondered if there was a way to have them default when the screen is opened so we don't have to click each time. We want the "Picking Ticket Per Site" box, the "Include Kit Components" box and the "Bin Sequenced" box selected as default values. Thanks!! LMG, You can accomplish this with a small VBA customization, b...

Multiple Domain e-mail addresses
We are running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise addition and I am having a bit of a "brain-freeze" at the moment... Where in the Exchange Admin do I configure the server to accept e-mail from more than one domain. For example, we currently accept e-mail from mycurrentdomain.ca and would also like to accept email from mycurrentdomain.com. Please note that I have updated all of our DNS MX records as required, just need to make the changes on the Exchange server. Thanks in advance... Recipient polices-email address policy. "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff...

Amount in words to be printed on the invoice
Hi Mates, I need to print the invoice amount in words in MRMS 2.0 Any suggestions Thanks this is available through Microsoft. check out the following site: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/rms_reportslibrary.htm "RK" wrote: > Hi Mates, > > I need to print the invoice amount in words in MRMS 2.0 > > Any suggestions > > Thanks ...

Copying contacts?
Hi I am trying to copy my Contacts to an other PC using flash memory. For some reason no success? I seam to copy a lot extra on top of Contacts and therefore cannot proceede to the end of the .pst import wizard. Are there instructions to do that? Thanks Kalevi Yes. Never export or import. Copy the Contacts into a PST file. Open that PST file in the other installation. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Kalevi" <kale@woodworld.fi> wrote in message news:dpakkj$aru$1@nyytiset.pp.htv.fi... > Hi > I am trying to copy my Contacts to an other PC using flash memory. For &...

Re: Function to copy data from a variable range?
I have a sheet with about 20,000 lines of data. From that sheet I am looking to group the data based on a parameter, into multiple different sheets. ie: If the category is "1" copy all that lines data into sheet A, If the category is "2", copy all the lines into sheet B. The problem is, the number of lines for each acatgeory type is not always the same. Some categories may only have 1 or two lines, other may have 200-300. Is there any type of function for this? Thanks! Doable but why not just use data>filter>autofilter -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesA...

Printing
Hope you folks can help me out with a strange one. I have several worksheets formatted in exactly the same way as follows: Col A - width 4 Col B - hidden Col C - width 4 Col D - Width 108 Col E - Width 3 Col F - Width 11 Col G - Hidden Col H - Width 11 & Empty My print range should be Cols A:G (I have used page setup to set the scaling to fit 1 page wide by [blank] pages tall, thus each sheet will print as many pages as required depending on number of rows] When I have the print range set to A:G only columns A:E show on the print preview (and also on the actual print out) and when I m...

Multiple accounts #3
I have 2 Hotmail and 1 MSN accounts set up in Outlook 2002. It shows that it sends and receives all 3 accounts successfully, but when I go to the Inbox of the Hotmail accounts, there aren't any messages. Thanks, Rick It says it send and received fine, but problems occur when you set up more than one HTTP account, so it is recommended that you only use one per profile ...

HOWTO create a Mail Merge Template in MSCRM with multiple child records
Hi, I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity. My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order details (product and prices) related to the order record? This sounds like a parent-child template. Any idea? On Jun 2, 1:26=A0pm, "Benjie Fallar III" <bfall...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in > Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity. > My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order > details (prod...

Outlook/Access 2003
I've been doing a lot of research and purchased (but haven't completely read) Sue Mosher's book. However, before I spend much more time I'd like to find out if my idea is even feasible. The basic idea is to create an appointment system for multiple therapists that can be used by a receptionist and other staff. Using Outlook and Exchange is very nice but the appointment data needs to end up in an Access table immediately. We can purchase SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 or we can buy a third party tool for calendar sharing whichever would be the easiest to use. I currently...

How to print a graph of x=y at 45 degrees
How can I make it appear correctly on paper? Gordon, Set up two sets of points: 0 0 1, 1 Plot them with an x-y scatter chart, line style. Set the x and y axis scales the same, if necessary, to get the resulting plot to be at 45�. Print it, and hope for the best. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "gordon158" <gordon158@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C5B1255-334F-41A3-A5E5-55516CFABA6A@microsoft.com... > How can I make it appear correctly on paper? ...

Entourage 2008 DAILY calendar crashes once I hit the print button
Every time I attempt to print my DAILY calendar it crashes. The weekly calendar prints okay. I've run Repair Permissions and restarted Entourage again and again. Below is the Error Report I receive whenever I try to print daily calendar: Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2010-03-14 14:12:44 -0400 Application Name: Microsoft Entourage Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Entourage Application Signature: OPIM Application Version: 12.2.4.100205 Crashed Module Name: Microsoft Entourage Crashed Module Version: 12...

Multiple indexes on same fields in different order
I sometimes need to find the largest or smallest value in a field. If I put two indexes on the same field, one in ascending order and one in descending order, is Jet smart enough to use the proper index if a give it a grouping query with the condition Max or Min, or am I just wasting resources? Pete -- This e-mail address is fake, to keep spammers and their address harvesters out of my hair. If you want to get in touch personally, I am 'pdanes' and I use yahoo mail. But please use the newsgroup when possible, so that all may benefit from the exchange of ideas. ...

label printing
There should be a way to print labels from all P.O. being received the same day. to avoid wasting labels. ...

Automated Copy Paste
I have a template with 7 sheets that I continuously update with new data that I get from a seprate file. Each sheet is named "sheet1", "sheet2" "sheet3" and so on. My template has a series of summary sheets based off of the data that lies in these 7 inputs sheets. Currently, I use copy, paste special to update sheets 1-7 in my template. Instead of using copy, paste special one at a time, I would like to the move 7 sheets from my other file in my template. If I do this, the sheets will show up as duplicates so I will have "sheet1 (2)"...

Macro Copy and Paste
I am currently trying to copy from one workbook that has 7 differen tabs and paste into one worksheet on a separate master workbook. M problem is that when I set up the macro to copy from one of the tabs i the workbook and paste to the other work book, I only want the the row to come in where there is data. Currently I am having to run a macr that takes every 100 lines, but ideally I only want the informatio copy and pasted where there is only data. In addition, once I have copy and pasted everything from the first tab my next step is to copy and paste information from the second tab t th...

I cannot paste from one workbook to another. Copy works, paste do.
When I attempt to copy from one workbook and paste into another, copy appears to work but paste does not. The paste menu item is grayed out in the workbook to which I attempt to paste. Are there setting that can be changed to aloow the paste?? Check to see if either workbook and/or worksheet is protected. If so, unprotect. Then Copy/Paste should work. BTW, how are you copy?paste(ing) Tab or content? Dennis "JimmyMc" wrote: > When I attempt to copy from one workbook and paste into another, copy appears > to work but paste does not. The paste menu item is grayed out...

Out of Office Assistant replies multiple times
The situation: The user of a fully patched Outlook 2003 SP1 sets an Out of Office reply using the Out Of Office Assistant.. The result: The first time someone sends a message while the OOA reply is turned on, they get the full text of the OOA reply as it is configured. The second and subsequent emails from that same sender gets a truncated version of the OOA message. In my testing, my second message (which isn't supposed to be replied to), got me 2 truncated replies. Examples from my testing: 1st reply: "I am out of the office and will return on Monday, February 28, 2005. At th...

Insert Acount# in the PO print
Can some one please let me know where I should place this variable: "PurchaseOrder.Supplier.AccountNumber" in the PO.xml file I woud like to be able to print the Acount # in the PO Thank you jm wrote: > Can some one please let me know where I should place this variable: > "PurchaseOrder.Supplier.AccountNumber" in the PO.xml file > I woud like to be able to print the Acount # in the PO > Thank you > Into receipt header? Open your XML.. and find field date of receipt.. but why you have no AccountNumber into your PO.xml ? Antonio Thank you for a...

Can i move multiple lines between workbooks
I have a .csv format file listing speed cameras, and the different speeds are identified by two characters at the end of each line - 30, 40, 50 etc. I would like to create separate files for each speed, but Excel won't allow me to cut/copy several lines to created a new file/workbook. Is there any way round this? Martin Ellis Sun, 16 Sep 2007 03:28:00 -0700 from Martin Ellis <MartinEllis@discussions.microsoft.com>: > I have a .csv format file listing speed cameras, and the different speeds are > identified by two characters at the end of each line - 30, 40, 50 etc...

how do I prevent a worksheet from being copied in excel
yet allow users to select values in a defined range Good evening kensanjose You really need to supply more information about what you mean - cop the file/sheets/ranges etc Dominic -- dominic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1893 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38531 How do I prevent a worksheet from being copied in excel? Can I disable right click within a file so that the sheet cannot be copied into another file and manipula...

Printing a worksheet on 11x17 paper
I want to print a worksheet on 11x17 paper. When I try to change to that paper size in print options, there is no size like that available. What do I do??? thank you for your help in this matter. Katie It's the printer that decides that.. Do you have that option on the printer it should be available in Excel -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Katie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9fca01c4345c$bcdca970$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I want to print a worksheet on 11x17 paper. When I try > to change to that paper size in print options, there is ...