printer security settings in registry from MFC or Win32API

Hi to all,

I am trying to make a service for controlling print jobs for Win NT/2000/XP
platform. I realized it would be very convenient to set the following
printer security settings for USERS or Everyone Groups: Allow Print, Deny
manage documents. I saw that it is possible to do that for 2000 and XP, but
I did not find anything about setting Deny manage documents for NT.

So, my first question is: Is it possible to set Deny manage documents for NT
4.0 in some other manner??

Later, I realized that registry value
KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\<printer_n
ame>\Security is changing when I change the printer security settings. I was
thinking of modifying that flag within my service so that administrator
doesn't have to change the settings manually. But, since I don't know what
the bytes in that flag represent, I can only overrun previous settings about
groups and permissions, and that would make every administrator unhappy.

My second question is: does anybody knows the description of that flag, so I
could change only the needed bytes.?

And the third one is: Am I on the right track. Is it possible to set those
settings with some class or some script?

Thanks in advance

Ivica

0
ivsestri (1)
7/13/2003 1:41:24 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Set request parameters for web services

IE8 printing to non default printer
I devoloped a Browser Helper Object for IE8 and it is supposed to print the active web page to a selected printer (selected through a dialog) without showing the print dialog. I've tried to load the webpage into a webbrowser control but that does not work for all web pages, especially when the page was a result of answering questions. I've also tried to use a hook to CBT but that isn't working either. the selected printer is shown but not really activated and IE crashes too often. Has anyone any idea how else this can be done/solved? I use VS2008 C# "Ria&qu...

Microsoft CRM Security Service not starting
Hi all, I have fresh installation of MS CRM (Win2003 Server Std, MSSQL2000 all latest patch - well 3a for SQL) and have set the Microsoft CRM Security Service to start automatically. However after a reboot the service fails to start. It starts without problems when i do it manually. Anybody cama acrosss a similar issue ? Here is the error in the event log ---------------------------------------------------------- MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------- Error: <description>The MSCRM Security Service has not been started.</descr...

Take a look at security pack for MS Windows
--yibeujjlfx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vyjaaasi"; type="multipart/alternative" --vyjaaasi Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mxqquhmmrnwjoq" --mxqquhmmrnwjoq Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your...

Formatting Excell doc from within MFC app
Hello. I'm developing an application using MFC - VC++ 6.0 I'm wondering if there is an ActiveX control or other component that would make possible to make simple editing and formatting MS EXCELL doc from rithin application. The operations i would like to perform: - opening .xls file - inserting values into cells and simple formatting the cells (alliginig,, etc) - save the file - printing and displaying (not necessary) Thank You all for any help Sincerelly, magic ...

Setting item class to inactive
Every year, we set a bunch of items in our item master to inactive (using the Inventory Wizard). These are matrix items, and although every item in the class may be inactive, the item class itself is still showing up on our item lookup. This is a real pain to search through. Some of these items are three or four years old, and may have the same or similar desctiption as a current item, which makes it confusing for our store managers. I don't want to delete the ItemClass record, since we use those records for a number of custom reports based on historical data. I would make two sugg...

MFC & MSCOMM32.OCX
I have developed an application that has to read the data from a door seriale using MSCOMM32.OCX and the MFC. Everything correctly works if I use the PC in which he has been installed Visual Studio 2005. If I move the application on another PC, despite the recording of MSCOMM32 correctly happens and the application is correctly performed, I don't succeed in connecting me to the door seriale. If on the PC in which the error happens I install Visual Studio 2005 it perfectly works all. Do you have idea of which bookstore it is necessary to be able to use MSCOMM32.OCX? Thanks for any inf...

Web Enable an MFC application
Hi Everyone, I have developed an MFC application using VC++ 6.0. The application has been properly packaged and installed in a directory. e.g C:\NMS The directory consists of the main executable (NMS.exe) and ceratin dependent executables (client.exe, server.exe etc.) Problem: I have created a virtual directory for this C:\NMS. I have given a link to the main exe (NMS.exe) in an ASP document. The main application runs fine, but when it calls other .exe(s) nothing happens. My application won't be complete without the other .exe(s). Please suggest a solution... Thanks in advance ...

Changing Registry to use 64 bit WIndows better
Hi everyone, I have a Windows 7 64 bit Version with 6 GB RAM. In a PC Magazine I read if one has more than 2 GB RAM one can change the registry to use this memory better. REGEDIT: HKEY__LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ Session Manager\Memory Management Double click DisablePagingExecutive and change Value from 0 to 1. Change LargeSystemCache Value from 0 to 1. This should come into effect after booting new. Windows loads in the memory and not on the Hard disk. Does anybody agree or disagree with this? Does it matter whether one has the Windows 7 64 bi...

Setting up Exchange 2003 to retrieve email outside
I am setting up my first Exchange server. I know how to set-up the exchange server for us to access our email, calendars, etc. within the domain. The problem I have is how do I set-up exchange for me to get my email outside the domain... (for instance if I am at the hotel) using my Outlook 2003? Thanks. Malcolm wrote: > I am setting up my first Exchange server. I know how to set-up the > exchange server for us to access our email, calendars, etc. within > the domain. > > The problem I have is how do I set-up exchange for me to get my email > outside the domain... ...

Advanced Security #9
I created as user class ID (by Menu) with NO permission to Inventory under "Tools - Setup". But somehow he has access to the Bill of Materials Setup. Can somebody point out where can I disable the permission. thanks, Have you tried rolling that change down to members of the class? Just to confirm, when you are in Advanced Security looking at that class there is no check by Inventory under Menu, Tools, Setup right? Also are you referring to Bill of Materials under Inventory or Manufacturing? -- Jim@TurboChef "tintin91" wrote: > I created as user class ID ...

How to set cursor when menu is poped up?
Hi, I want to make the cursor set to hour-glass shape when the application is busy and set to default shape when idle. I have overrided the OnSetCursor function of main window class. It works well in most case. But I found a menu is poped up, the cursor can't set to default shape. The OnSetCursor was not called. Even after I added the code such as "PostMessage(AfxGetMainWnd()->m_hWnd, WM_SETCURSOR, 0, MAKELONG(HTCLIENT, WM_LBUTTONDOWN)); ", it still can't work. How to solve the problem? Thanks in advanced. You can use CWaitCursor() to pop up an hourglass, but ...

Printing Images in Mfc -help needed!!
Dear Group! I am using cximage in my mfc application.I want to know how to use cximage for printing. Right now am printing using the following code: the problem is image size is very small.I hav tried used different mapping modes...but not successful. Here is my code: BOOL CView::OnPreparePrinting ( CPrintInfo *info ) { info -> SetMaxPage ( 1 ) ; return DoPreparePrinting ( info ) ; } void CView::OnPrepareDC ( CDC *pDC, CPrintInfo* info ) { CView::OnPrepareDC ( pDC, info ) ; if ( pDC -> IsPrinting( ) ) int n = info -> m_nCurPage ; CSize paper_res; paper_res.cx = pDC->GetDeviceCa...

setting 'Use system font'
Hi, In the dialog properties there is a property - 'use system font'. Is there a way to set it (false --> true) during the initialization of the dialog (somewhere during the 'oninitdialog') ? Please help :( Ram. >In the dialog properties there is a property - 'use system font'. Is there a >way to set it (false --> true) during the initialization of the dialog >(somewhere during the 'oninitdialog') ? I think it's not just a property as such - just a facility to have the dialog editor set DS_SHELLFONT with a font face name of "MS She...

Printer Device or Driver capabilities info
Hi all, I have a subtle problem trying to get some information from printers(local, local shared, network). Can anyone tell me what API functions should I use to get some device printer information and not driver printer information (I need information directly from the printer because it is possible that a printer to be installed with other printer driver). I need to know the following information: - (Trade)Mark (HP, Epson etc.) - Pinter Speed (ppm). - Model (HP LaserJet 1200 Series PCL etc.) - Number pf pages printed since the printer was launched/bought - Printer technology (matrix, Laser...

Default view setting
We are using Outlook 2003 with MS Word as our default editor. When opeing attachments in Outlook the view is magnified forcing the attachment to span over say 4 pages instead of two - two being the actual number of pages in the attachment. If we go to view/print layout then the attachment appears as we would like it to. How can the default view be set to the pront layout for attachments? Thank you - ...

How do I set up an automatic transfer of emails to an inbox folder
"Javier" <Javier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07AA27FC-9D30-4486-92E8-B3ECB3598EA1@microsoft.com... > > Firstly PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject. Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm Secondly what do you mean? Transfer from where to what "inbox folder"? "Javier" wrote in message news:07AA27FC-9D30-4486-92E8-B3ECB3598EA1@microsoft.com... > <no body to post> Since that is the default action (to poll for new messages) then what did you do to disable it? Go t...

Security settings that prevent opening links in received emails?
When I lick on any linked item in a received email while viewing the email in the preview or after opening the email, I receive a error message that says "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Well, this is a home PC running Windows XP 64-bit and Outlook 2007. I do use AVG for a anti-virus, but the weird thing is that this changed over night without me knowingly making any security changes. I wasn't even messing around with settings. This just happened out of the blue. Any ...

How to set up email
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3213851371_2701532 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit I use AOL as my primary email client. I have Road Runner. I cannot find the settings from aol to setup the import of my mail into Entourage. Help??!! --B_3213851371_2701532 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>How to set up email</TITLE>...

setting fields on forms to not editable
Hello, I want to make the Account number field on the Account form not editable, just like the Project number on the Case form. Does anyone here know how to do this? I compared the attributes in the deployment manager, and they look the same, just like the properties on the form designer. I am going to use these fields to store Customer and Case numbers from an external application, and so I don't want users to be able to change the values. Thanks, Daniel. I have been down this road before. Either the user can update all the object's fields or none of the object's fields. No ...

settings for right to left writing in publisher
how can i get publisher to properly type from right to left using the paleo hebrew font with the curser moving with each letter i type not staying on the right hand side of the text box Do you have this language setup in the control panel? Regional and Language Options, Languages tab, check Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages. There are a couple of good help topics you could peruse by opening help in Publisher and typing "Hebrew" in the search. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com ...

How do I set up Outlook 2007 to work with AOL (my email provider)
AOL is my email service provider. I do not want to give up my email address @aol.com. Is there any way to set up Outlook 2007 so that all my mail (except deleted items) is available on both programs? chorn <chorn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > AOL is my email service provider. I do not want to give up my email address > @aol.com. Is there any way to set up Outlook 2007 so that all my mail > (except deleted items) is available on both programs? http://postmaster.aol.com/imap/outlook02.html http://members.aol.com/adamkb/aol/mailfaq/imap/ -- Adam Bailey | Chic...

Set hot keys for Microsoft Publisher (FUNCTION KEYS)
I would like to set up function keys to start a menu command. I can do this in Microsoft Word. I am trying to set the F3 key to be page format and the F12 key to Save As. That is how I have them set in Microsoft Word and would like it to be the same in Microsoft Publisher. How do I do this? Look at Shortcut Manager for Publisher at http://officeone.mvps.org/pbsctmgr/pbsctmgr.html - it allows you to assign keyboard shortcuts to Publisher menu items and macros. - Chirag OfficeOne Animations - Add over 50 animation effects to PowerPoint http://officeone.mvps.org/anims/anims.html &quo...

6 Pc Jumbo Open &amp; Boxed Wrench Set 1-3/8"
Price:$49.99 Image: http:///image.php?id=B001SU3AIU Best deal: http:///index.php?id=B001SU3AIU 6 Pc Jumbo Open & Boxed End Wrenches by ProForge. Ideal for the professional mechanic, contractor, farmer, trucker, ect. The set contains 1-3/8" X 17-1/2", 1-1/2" x 18-1/2", 1-5/8" x 19-1/2", 1-3/4" x 21", 1-7/8" x 22-1/4", 2" x 23-1/2". 15 degree offset end. 12 point chamfered boxed end. Chrome vanadium steel for lifetime of service. Lifetime warranty. SKU: 9734N ...

How do I set the scale of one pie chart to another chart
I would like to scale several pis charts in comparison to one of the charts. ie say one pie chart represents 500 total items then the second chart which has 250 item would be half the size of the first chart and so on. I'm using excel 2003 Hi, This should help. http://www.andypope.info/charts/piesizer.htm "pis charts", nice Freudian slip on the chart type ;) Cheers Andy Billyd wrote: > I would like to scale several pis charts in comparison to one of the charts. > ie say one pie chart represents 500 total items then the second chart which > has 250 item would be...