printer security settings in registry from MFC or Win32API

Hi to all,

I am trying to make a service for controlling print jobs for Win NT/2000/XP
platform. I realized it would be very convenient to set the following
printer security settings for USERS or Everyone Groups: Allow Print, Deny
manage documents. I saw that it is possible to do that for 2000 and XP, but
I did not find anything about setting Deny manage documents for NT.

So, my first question is: Is it possible to set Deny manage documents for NT
4.0 in some other manner??

Later, I realized that registry value
KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\<printer_n
ame>\Security is changing when I change the printer security settings. I was
thinking of modifying that flag within my service so that administrator
doesn't have to change the settings manually. But, since I don't know what
the bytes in that flag represent, I can only overrun previous settings about
groups and permissions, and that would make every administrator unhappy.

My second question is: does anybody knows the description of that flag, so I
could change only the needed bytes.?

And the third one is: Am I on the right track. Is it possible to set those
settings with some class or some script?

Thanks in advance

Ivica

0
ivsestri (1)
7/13/2003 1:41:24 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Credit limit security
can someone explain how you control which users can override a customers credit limit. thanks GP9.0 -- Christian S South Carolina Christian: You set a password in the 'Exceed Credit Limit' password field in Receivables Management setup. When an order or an invoice is being entered that would exceed the customer's credit limit, it will prompt the user for the password. No password, no go any further with that order or invoice. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Thank You -- Christian S South Carolina "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT&...

Business Portal should allow me to access different dynamics.set
I use GP to manage several different companies. Each company had different check formats. It is fairly simple to set up different report.dic files for different companies if you are using terminal services directly or are using GP from your desktop, however, if you are running thru Business Portal you are only allowed to point to one dynamics.set file. It would be great if you could set up BP so that it would point to different dynamics.set files for differnt companies. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most ...

Cen an Excel file be set up to no longer open after a certain date????
Any help would be very much appreciated. Is there a way to set up an excel file to not open after a certain date or after a certain amount of time? Thank you in advance!! Lou Blah wrote: > Any help would be very much appreciated. > > Is there a way to set up an excel file to not open after a certain > date or after a certain amount of time? > > Thank you in advance!! > > Lou This could be done with a VBA Macro but you would have to take security measures to keep the user from tampering with the code. Maybe even incoporate code that deletes all of the data includ...

import Exchange 2003 information stores into newly set up Exchange 2007
Exchange 2007 set up and running beautifully. But I had a previous Exchange 2003 that was running as part of SBS on a different domain that I would like to import private and public information stores into the new Exchange 2007 environment. I have the 2003 information stores copied to a backup directory on the new Exchange server. Any ideas? I thought there might be some command line utility for such. Thanks very much! Don On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 13:34:59 -0600, "dbj" <dbj@midsouth.rr.com> wrote: >Exchange 2007 set up and running beautifully. But I had a previou...

WinCE or Windows Mobile
Is WinCE oe Windows Mobile have support for Virtual Printer, using that we can save the content to be printed in PDF or other format instead of really prnting in the paper. AFAIK windows CE doesn't support virtual printer. -- vinoth.R http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com http://www.e-consystems.com "SIDDIQ" wrote: > Is WinCE oe Windows Mobile have support for Virtual Printer, using that we > can save the content to be printed in PDF or other format instead of really > prnting in the paper. On 3/31/2010 6:03 AM, SIDDIQ wrote: > Is WinCE oe ...

Unable to set the XValues Property
I am getting a run -time error 1004 stating it is unable to set the XValues Property of the Series Class. I don't know why!!! I did some changes to the old code which was running fine but this code is annoying me . Can anybody help plz Sub SelectCapacity() Sheets("Numerical Integration").ChartObjects("ChartNumInteg").Activate ActiveChart.PlotArea.Select ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatterSmoothNoMarkers Select Case CapacityCombo.Value Case "Exponential" With ActiveChart .SeriesCollection(1).XValues = "=AnalysisPageNI!R4...

Best way to set up Query to get a percentage
I have a "classified" field that is a yes/no check box to determine if a supplier has been classified or not. I need to get the sum of suppliers that are and are not classified and then I need to get a percentage of suppliers who is and who isn't classified from the total suppliers. I also want to be able to chart this without exporting to Excel. Any ideas on the best way to set this up? Marc - You can do that in a query. Change the fields and table names to be yours: SELECT Sum(IIf([Classifed],1,0)) AS Yes_Count, Count(SupplierID) AS Total_Count, Sum(IIf([C...

Setting X Axis with a serie
Hi, After looking to dozens of web pages, I still didn't find a simple answer from a frequent question. How is it possible to set the X Axis to display a serie with Vb .net ? I have no problem with the setsourcedata method, but I can't find the way to do the same with the X axis, let's say something like "set x axis value"=range("A1:A100") Thanks for the help. ...

Error after setting default pricelist
Hi, In the opportunity form, i added javascript code in order to input default the pricelist value automatically. When loading the form, the default pricelist was successfully added. However i could not add the new opportunity product. The error was " you have changed the pricelist for the opportunity. Please save the opportunity form before attempting to add the product." I have save the form several times but still cannot add the product. What's wrong? Carrie ...

How to Restore Outlook's Previous Settings
I was having a problem with Excel 2002 not being able to read any .xls file. After trying several other things to no avail, I reset all the settings in my Office XP (including Outlook) to the default settings. Now I'd like to restore my previous Outlook settings. How do I do this? Thanks in advance. Did you save backups of everything prior to resetting everything to default settings? ...

Webservices [WSE2.0] and security
I am trying to select the best approach for security (authentication, role-based) for my web services app. It seems there are many options, so I wanted to ask what would be recommneded according to this criteria: 1. secure authentication (no plain text) 2. role-based functionality 3. easy deployment (i'm guessing certificates have some setup overhead) Thanks. Hi RBisch, In spite of the OS or protocal related security means, such as integrated windows or using SSL, the WSE make use of the WS-SECURITY which is a standared soap message based security framework. In fact , it is a ...

security setup for user class copied to another company
We have 3 companies in GP- version 9 - we have a user class set up and want to copy the security settings to the other companies. I was told it could be done through advanced security - is that correct? Do we use the import/export function? Thanks. User Classes are a system wide setting. Once you assign the user to the class, and grant the user access to a company, their security will follow them to that company. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.bl...

tprinter error when using same printer as printer1 and printer2
I have a toy store. I have created a custom 40 column receipt template that I would like to print after each transaction (in addition to the standard 40 column receipt). This custom receipt goes in the customer bag, and is handed to the gift wrapper, where they use the custom receipt as a "gift wrap guide". I have the receipt the way I like it. Now, I would like to add this to the transaction process, by activating "printer2" with the identical setting as "printer1", except using the custom template, rather than the default 40 column which is set on pri...

Security warning from Outlook 2003
Hi all, I am using Outlook 2003. In my computer I have an application that sends mails to my clients, but, every time I try to send a new mail, a warning dialog displays that says "There is an application that is trying to acces to your address book...." always I have to say "YES", but, isn�t there any way to disable this dialog forever??? Thanks. -- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --- Roberto L�pez Dpto. Soporte Software Eurosistemas Inform�ticos y Comunicaciones, S.L. --------------------------------------------------------...

Devmode Structure And Default Printer Margin
I'm coding a function that will automatically take a window and print it on a page. I'm also centering the window on the page. I've noticed that there seems to be a default margin of 3/16'' on my printer. I've also noticed that I could override this margin by using the OffsetViewportOrg method. My question is how can I determine what the default margin is? I've looked at the devmode structure, but I can't see where a default printer margin is indicated. Help would be appreciated. Thanks Ned See if the following KB article helps you http://...

import export settings
I bought a new computer and I'd like to set outlock just as on my old computer. My question is, do I have to do it everything manually or there's a way I can export setting like pop account, e-mails, calendar, contacts, tasks, etc (all at once) into a file and then import the file in the new computer. I used to have Incredimail as e-mail client and I remember I could do that. I could export into a file absolutely all my settings and then I would import it in the new computer. Both computer have outlock professional running on windows XP Thanks! "Lucorium" <Lucori...

Can someone PLEASE let me know how to change my desktop settings in Vista?
I have a Nikon D3000 which takes shots that are wider in ratio to their height than my monitor is. When I was running XP, it automatically displayed the wallpaper as widescreen, with bars at the top and bottom. My Vista set up doesn't do that automatically and I don't know how to make it happen. I'm no expert, but I've managed to do a little more in terms of fixing things than a lot of comp owners who aren't programmers have, but this baffles me, despite the fact there are probably teenagers in this city who use a machine 20 minutes a week who would know. And th...

Excel: Can't save changes to print number of copies setting
I inherited an Excel workbook that has the number of copies to print set to 10. I change it to 1, then save the file, but it always reverts back to ten. ...

Release Software Problem [MFC 7.1 Change]
We have a problem in release versions of our product. When certain MFC exceptions are thrown they are then caught by the MFC framework, popping up a dialog box such as "Invalid argument." Once OK is pressed, the application then either crashes, giving us a crash dump with a useless (unwound) call stack, or terminates with no call stack. This makes it virtually impossible to track down the bug. An example of this is in MFC 7.1 implementation of CArray, which throws an exception if an out-of-bounds access is attempted. We think this is a new design flaw in CArray. Previously,...

Export a list of users in a security or distribution group?
Is there a way using Active Directory Users and Computers (or some other built in tool) to get a list of all users in a security group? I thought if I could use the filters to view only the users in the group, then I could right click on the unit in the left pane and select Export List. But I can't get the filters to work. I went to View->Filter Options then choose Create Custom and click the Customize button. Then I set up a custom search where the "Member of" field "Is (exactly)" "my group name". I really thought that was going to work but nothing sh...

group policy
I've looked in the group policy template from the Office Resource Kit, and can't seem to find any way to add our RPC over HTTP settings. I'd rather add this through group policy, instead of a login script to run maintwiz. Is it possible? Thanks Mike Account-specific settings cannot be added with Group Policy Objects. You = need to use a .prf file, as generated by CIW or CMW.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administ...

linking wrong crt, regardless of compiler switch setting
I'm using VS2005 and I have a project that keeps giving me an error System.BadImageFormatException, among other strange behavior during debug session. This app was recently ported from VC++6.0, and is currently compiled with /clr switch. I'm trying to make sure that all the projects link to the same CRT, but while investigating this, I notice that even though my project settings indicate a link to the dll via Multi-threaded DLL (/MD), a dumpbin on the output file shows that I'm linking to MFC80D.DLL and MSVCR80D.dll, the debug versions. How do I change this? TIA, Sharon Sharo...

how to set a certain format
I have what I believe to be a very simple problem for all of you who know Access better than me. I am using Access 2007 and have a field in my table where an operator would enter a job number. I want to force them to use a certain number/text format to insure continuity. Here is a sample of what some of the job numbers could look like, 09-7654 P/1 10-9076 JD/2.3 09-3425 DS/10.2 10-2579 P/10.12 Thank you for the help. I already figured out how to make sure that caps get used instead of lowercase. -- John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten S...

Outlook set up help
What do I type into the box for "Microsoft Exchange Server" and "Mailbox"? If you don't know, then you probably are adding the wrong type of mail = account. Exchange is a mail server used in corporate environments. If = you are actually using Exchange, ask your network administrator what to = answer.=20 Don't forget to include your Outlook version in your posts.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Mer...

taskbar in mfc
hi i want taskbar coding in mfc. if anyone knows please send me. by Take a look at the MSDN article "Extend the Windows 95 Shell with Application Desktop Toolbars" Jase "srini" <ss_srini_vasan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0B2710A0-883F-4AFF-8FF1-F48F3ED9FDF5@microsoft.com... > hi, > > i want taskbar coding in mfc. if anyone knows please send me. > > bye > > > ...